Parade Magazine: Paul McCartney

Mack A. Damia

Oct 24, 2021, 11:49:00 AM10/24/21

"Paul McCartney Was Once Deported! 20 Fun Facts You Might Not Know
About the Cute Beatle" OCTOBER 22, 2021 – 5:00 AM

https://parade.com/1281578/jimfarber/paul-mccartney-trivia/

Norbert K

Oct 24, 2021, 2:23:27 PM10/24/21
I had forgotten "fun fact" #1 about Paul's source for the Rubber Soul title.

Mack A. Damia

Oct 25, 2021, 12:31:20 PM10/25/21

cuppajoe2go

Oct 25, 2021, 3:54:40 PM10/25/21
And then there's...
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/cultural-life-paul-mccartney-review-132008854.html
(This Cultural Life: Paul McCartney, review: we may be saturated by McCartney – but that's really no bad thing)
Message has been deleted

Norbert K

Oct 26, 2021, 8:08:45 AM10/26/21
I didn't know that about the Marmite & hummus bagels. Sounds odd to me, but I'm not a vegetarian.

cuppajoe2go

Oct 26, 2021, 1:37:13 PM10/26/21
I am a veggie and never heard of Marmite. Sounds scary :0

Mack A. Damia

Oct 26, 2021, 1:54:55 PM10/26/21
I can't stand it, but it is an "acquired taste".

Along the same lines as Vegemite and Bovril.

Norbert K

Oct 26, 2021, 2:19:28 PM10/26/21
I tried it once. I didn't hate it, but once is enough for me. It seems quirky that anyone -- especially a guy who could have anything -- would deem it his favorite food.

IIRC, It's made from the yeasty dregs left behind in beer fermentation tanks.

Mack A. Damia

Oct 26, 2021, 2:56:44 PM10/26/21
On Tue, 26 Oct 2021 11:19:26 -0700 (PDT), Norbert K
My mum always had a jar of Bovril around, and she used it to flavor
gravy. I imagine that you can use Marmite, too, but I could never eat
either straight out of the jar spread on toast or whatever.

curtis...@gmail.com

Nov 2, 2021, 1:39:26 PM11/2/21
On Sunday, October 24, 2021 at 11:49:00 AM UTC-4, Mack A. Damia wrote:
I didn't know about him supposedly quitting pot. He says he did this to "set a good example for his grandchildren." But in what way is his marijuana-heavy life from around 1965 to 2015 not exemplary? He was a very productive, influential, and decent person.

Some people turn to mush (or go paranoid) on pot. Not Paul.

Megan Meadows

Nov 17, 2021, 4:41:47 AM11/17/21
We CAN remove Tax Liens,
Repo’s, Late Payments & Bankruptcies from your credit!
The Credit People can help!
Text us now at (614) 414-2437. Reply STOP to Cancel