Ringo tour update: four new dates

Steve Marinucci

Mar 29, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/29/97

Here are four new dates added to the schedule. Thanks to
Beatlefan's William P. King for sending this info to us:

April 29 Eugene OR (Holt Center)
May 14 East Lansing MI (Breslin Center)
May 24 San Antonio (Six Flags)
May 28 Newark, DE (Bob Carpenter Center)

Also, here's the tour press release:

RINGO STARR HITS THE ROAD WITH THE FOURTH ALL-STARR BAND: THE
LATEST INCARNATION OF THE BRITISH INVASION

"All I ever wanted to do was be a drummer in a band," said
Ringo. And what a couple of bands it has been!

This spring, Ringo Starr is back with the latest version of
the British Invasion. Ringo Starr and his Fourth All-Starr Band.
Produced once again by David Fishof (who created and produced the
first three tours), this US tour of only 25 engagements begins in
April and is sponsored by Glade. The tour launches on April 28 at
the Moore Theater in Seattle and includes stops in at the
Universal Ampitheatre in Los Angeles (5/3), the Rosemont in
Chicago (5/9), Chastain Park Atlanta (5/16), Sunrise Theater,
Miami (5/17), Pine Knob in Detroit (5/30) and concludes on June 7
at Jones Beach Ampitheatre in New York.

The Brits are back in this stellar lineup which features
Peter Frampton on guitar along with Traffic's Dave Mason, Gary
Brooker from Procol Harum on keyboards, Cream's Jack Bruce on
bass, Simon Kirke from Bad Company on drums and Mark Rivera on
horns.

Then there is Ringo's other band, the Beatles. The past few
years have been very busy for them. Over 148 million viewers
worldwide (47 million in the U.S. alone) saw their televised
bio-pic "Anthology" in the fall of 1995, while the Anthology 1, 2
and 3 CDs accomplished what no other band since the Beatles have
done -- they outsold themselves with a record-breaking 20 million
plus in sales and three consecutive number one releases right out
of the box! They also sold over a billion dollars in merchandise.
In addition to recording two new songs with his old bandmates
(which garnered three Grammy Awards in 1997). Ringo helped out on
Paul McCartney's upcoming release on which he sings and plays the
drums.

Fans of both Ringo Starr and his Fourth All-Starr Band and
the Beatles can expect "to hear music they know and love,"
assures Ringo, including songs such as "With a Little Help From
My Friends," "Yellow Submarine," "Photograph," "You're Sixteen,"
"Whiter Shade of Pale," "Do You Feel Like I Do," "Signed Sealed
and Delivered," "Feelin' Alright," "Sunshine of Your Love,"
"White Room" and more.

Previous lineups have included Dr. John, Billy Preston, Joe
Walsh, Levon Helm, Rick Danko, Jim Keltner, Nils Lofgren,
Clarence Clemons, Dave Edmunds, Todd Rundgren, Burton Cummings,
Timothy B. Schmidt, Timmy Capello, Mark Rivera, Randy Bachman,
Mark Farner, Felix Cavaliere, John Entwistle, and, helping out
his Dad out on drums for two of the tours, Zak Starkey.

***

One final note: We'd like to just indicate our appreciation to
everyone who's emailed us with questions and info and helped us
sort out some conflicting info due to the changes in the tour,
especially the Seattle date. As before, we'll post any additions
we hear about and we'd appreciate hearing from you if a date is
announced in your area that we haven't had on the schedule.

steve

ABBEYRD'S BEATLES PAGE
http://www.best.com/~abbeyrd