Ringo's on tour again

Yarden Uriel

Apr 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/27/97

Click Here

Ringo is back with an all-British All-Starr Band

Copyright © 1997 Nando.net
Copyright © 1997 Seattle Post-Intelligencer

(April 26, 1997 02:19 a.m. EDT) -- The British are coming, and Ringo
Starr is leading the charge. The former Beatle's fourth All-Starr Band
features an all-British lineup: guitarists Peter Frampton and Dave
Mason, horn player Mark Rivera, keyboardist Garry Brooker of Procol
Harum, bassist Jack Bruce of Cream and drummer Simon Kirke of Bad
Company.

Starr and longtime producer David Fishoff started assembling band No. 4
months ago.

"We started with Jack Bruce and Garry Brooker and we said, 'Why don't we
have an all-British band this time?' " Starr said by phone from his Los
Angeles office. "So that's the hook for this year."

Starr hopes the tour will provide concertgoers with a perspective on
British rock of the '60s and '70s, from "Yellow Submarine" and "You're
Sixteen" to "Signed, Sealed, Delivered" and "A Whiter Shade of Pale."

"To me, 'A Whiter Shade of Pale' is a definitive '60s record. It's a
thrill to be able to play that every night," Starr said. "And to play
those great Cream songs with Jack (Bruce) -- 'Sunshine of Your Love' and
'White Room' -- that's what this band is all about."

The five-week All-Starr tour begins in Seattle with a show Monday night.
It continues through May and early June, concluding June 7 at Jones
Beach Amphitheater in Wantaugh, N.Y.

"We just try to have fun," Starr said. "At the end of the tour, we'll
all go our separate ways."

Previous tours, which have played at larger venues, included such rock
veterans as Rick Danko, Dave Edmunds, Billy Preston, Joe Walsh, Todd
Rundgren, John Entwistle and Starr's son Zak Starkey. This year, Zak is
touring with The Who.

"It's one of his hero bands from childhood," Starr said. "And it's so
beautiful as a father to see one of your children's biggest dreams come
true."

Starr's dreams came true years ago as a member of The Beatles, which
turned the rock 'n' roll world upside down. Three decades later, in the
fall of 1995, nearly 150 million TV viewers watched the group's
bio-epic, "Anthology," while fans snapped up more than 20 million copies
of the series of Beatles "Anthology" CDs.

Starr is working on another solo album, due late in the year, and
recently played drums and sang on Paul McCartney's new album, due in
May. But he dismissed questions about the surviving Beatles' future.

"I have no plans with the other boys," he said.

Starr said he hopes to put together another All-Starr Band in a year or
two.

"The great thing about being a musician is that as long as I can hold
the sticks I'll be able to drum," he said. "But when they start falling
out of my hands, it'll be time to call it a day."

-- By GENE STOUT, Seattle Post-Intelligencer

Yarden Uriel
http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Towers/1019

TheMiz

Apr 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/27/97

horn player Mark Rivera born and raised and still lives in the USA
according to Ringo on Fox TV last week!!! Plus he was in Ringos all
stars no.2
--

@j@ @j@ @j@ @j@ @j@ @j@ @j@ @j@ @j@ @j@ @j@ @j@ @j@

"The sixties wasn't the answer. It just gave us a
glimpse of the possibilities." - John Lennon

@j@ @j@ @j@ @j@ @j@ @j@ @j@ @j@ @j@ @j@ @j@ @j@ @j@

HSauertieg

Apr 28, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/28/97

AP Newspost reads:

>Starr hopes the tour will provide concertgoers with a perspective on
>British rock of the '60s and '70s, from "Yellow Submarine" and "You're
>Sixteen" to "Signed, Sealed, Delivered" and "A Whiter Shade of Pale."

>"To me, 'A Whiter Shade of Pale' is a definitive '60s record. It's a
>thrill to be able to play that every night," Starr said. "And to play
>those great Cream songs with Jack (Bruce) -- 'Sunshine of Your Love' and
>'White Room' -- that's what this band is all about."

Will Ringo be singing these tunes?

Howard Sauertieg
("Thank Heaven I did not bring Caesar that huge crab I also caught!")

David Bailey

Apr 29, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/29/97

HSauertieg wrote:

> >"To me, 'A Whiter Shade of Pale' is a definitive '60s record. It's a
> >thrill to be able to play that every night," Starr said. "And to play
> >those great Cream songs with Jack (Bruce) -- 'Sunshine of Your Love' and
> >'White Room' -- that's what this band is all about."
>
> Will Ringo be singing these tunes?

Oh I'm sure that Jack will be able to handle those vocals alright
by himself.