George Harrison's Childhood Home -- Boston Sunday Globe Article

Norbert K

Sep 4, 2022, 10:50:33 AM9/4/22
LIVERPOOL -- I wasn't sure which bedroom belonged to young George Harrison, so I slept in all three of them. If I was going to make the trip to Liverpool to rent George Harrison's childhood home, I wanted the full experience, even if that meant Goldilocks-ing my way through the house. I cooked in the kitchen where his mom, Louise, made breakfast, chatted up the neighbors, and listened to Beatles records in the sitting room.

The only part of the house I skipped was the still-operational outdoor toilet. Insert crude "All Things Must Pass" jokes here.

The 963-square foot house where Harrison lived from 1950 to 1962 became an Airbnb earlier this year. Harrison, "the quiet Beatle," who turned out to be not-so-quiet in his prolific post-Beatles career, was my favorite band member. When it comes to slide guitarists, only Brian May of Queen could match Harrison's ability to convey spirituality through a simple glissando. Staying here wasn't just about acquiring bragging rights. I felt as if I was deepening the connection I already felt with his music.

-- beginning of article "A New Hampshire Beatles Fan Bought George Harrison's Childhood Home: Now You Can Hang Out In the Room Where the Fab Four Once Jammed" by Christopher Muther from the 9/4/2022 Boston Sunday Globe