McCartney Discusses Peter Brown's Book

Norbert K

Jul 27, 2022, 7:01:30 AM7/27/22
"[Peter Brown] told us he was going to write a book about the Sixties, not a book about the Beatles. I took him into my house, something we don't do; we had lunch, showed him the kids, showed him around our village. I actually thought he was a friend, so to find out he isn't is no big deal. But I - I mean, I hear he said John Lennon had a gay thing with Brian Epstein when they went to Spain together once. That's been rumored for years. I mean, was he in the room with them? It's probably just wishful thinking on his part. But I'll tell you what's naughty about it -- that John's not here to answer it, and neither is Brian."

-- McCartney, from his 1984 Playboy interview