looking for recent beatles books in pdf format

ermitano

Mar 15, 2010, 1:32:20 AM3/15/10
i'm looking for Recording The Beatles, by Kevin Ryan and Brian Kehew
and Here, There And Everywhere by Geoff Emerick. I know i am asking
too much, but well, there was a time when a pdf version of lewisohn's
books was really hard to find.. now those books (chronicles and
sessions) are in several places as free download.

any idea where to get those books?
thanks

p.s. if anyone wants lewisohn's and hal leonard (sheet music) books i
could send them by email or upload to a website, just ask me for it.

dahldude

Mar 15, 2010, 2:29:03 PM3/15/10

Have not seen either rendered to pdf. I'll keep you in mind if
something pops up.

You seen Beatles Complete Scores?

ermitano

Mar 15, 2010, 3:08:47 PM3/15/10

Musicman59

Mar 15, 2010, 5:51:58 PM3/15/10

the website 4shared.com has mp3s, sheet music, books, just about
everything....as long as someone as posted it. you might find
something there.

craig

dahldude

Mar 16, 2010, 4:54:39 AM3/16/10
On Mar 15, 2:08 pm, ermitano <umauas...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 15 mar, 14:29, dahldude <dahld...@aol.com> wrote:

> if you can't download it just tell me and i'll try to send it to you

Had that, wondering if you needed it...

bern...@regenceaudio.com

Oct 2, 2013, 10:25:14 PM10/2/13
Hello,

Do you still have this PDF? I'm very interested.

Thank you.

lucasp...@gmail.com

Oct 28, 2013, 2:20:56 PM10/28/13
Would be really glad if someone here still has the .pdf file... I've been searching for so long for this book

Ira Feldman

Oct 29, 2013, 11:31:08 AM10/29/13
So essentially instead of paying for the book like a normal human
being, you want to get it for free like a an entitled douchebag? How
would you like it if people looked to avoid paying you for the work
you have done you thief? You are a typical piece of shit.

paul.ca...@gmail.com

Dec 3, 2014, 5:57:31 AM12/3/14
I'm looking for it too... Please tell me if you found it!

The_Chris

Dec 3, 2014, 9:44:06 PM12/3/14
Check your Inbox....

pdhu...@gmail.com

Dec 17, 2014, 12:46:40 PM12/17/14
do you have "Recording The Beatles"? Thank you.

germanm...@gmail.com

Dec 26, 2014, 12:44:37 AM12/26/14
Hello,

Do you still have this PDF? I'm very interested.thanks.

shintb...@gmail.com

Mar 1, 2015, 8:27:40 PM3/1/15
Hello. hey please can you send me this pdf book? Thanks in advance

thefake...@gmail.com

Mar 2, 2015, 1:19:48 PM3/2/15
I'm intrested in this book too!

izaak...@gmail.com

May 6, 2015, 10:11:31 AM5/6/15
Hi, if it is not to late I would also be very grateful to have it.

donag...@gmail.com

Jun 10, 2015, 11:53:45 AM6/10/15
id love it as well . . have bought a lot of beatles book but just can't afford this one :) plz and thanks

fallco...@gmail.com

Sep 5, 2015, 11:34:34 PM9/5/15
Hello, everybody! If somebody have this amazing book - send it please to my email fallco...@gmail.com. Thanks!

mlevche...@gmail.com

Oct 9, 2015, 8:28:23 AM10/9/15
hi all
if anybody has pdf version of the book please also send it to me

thanks

spencer...@yahoo.com

Nov 9, 2015, 4:05:44 AM11/9/15
Hi, did you ever get PDF file?

milest...@gmail.com

Nov 28, 2015, 1:44:27 AM11/28/15
if anyone found this, i would love to have one!

kenzies...@gmail.com

Dec 16, 2015, 5:17:56 AM12/16/15
If anyone here already have this book in pdf file i'd be very please to have a share. Anyone can send it to kenzies...@gmail.com

Big thanks!!

Stephen X. Carter

Dec 16, 2015, 7:10:11 PM12/16/15
On Wed, 16 Dec 2015 02:17:53 -0800 (PST), kenzies...@gmail.com
wrote:

>If anyone here already have this book in pdf file i'd be very please to have a share. Anyone can send it to kenzies...@gmail.com
>
>Big thanks!!

Try spending money on it instead. That encourages authors to write
books. Stealing them does not.

Sorry.

--
steve.hat.stephencarter.not.com.but.net
Nothing is Beatle Proof!!

Eric Ramon

Dec 16, 2015, 8:35:09 PM12/16/15
On Wednesday, December 16, 2015 at 4:10:11 PM UTC-8, Stephen X. Carter wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Dec 2015 02:17:53 -0800 (PST), kenzies...@gmail.com
> wrote:
>
> >If anyone here already have this book in pdf file i'd be very please to have a share. Anyone can send it to kenzies...@gmail.com
> >
> >Big thanks!!
>
> Try spending money on it instead. That encourages authors to write
> books. Stealing them does not.
>
> Sorry.

Or get them from the library. I figure the library buys the book, I pay the library via taxes. I don't get to keep it so there's that. I had 3 weeks to read all of the newest Lewisohn. It was a page turner, for sure. I finished it 4 days.

Someday I'll count the number of Beatles books I have. It's not all that many, less than 10 I'd guess. The Hunter Davies biography, the Allan Williams whine (very enjoyable!), Cynthia's first one, The True Story of the Beatles by Billy Shepard....well maybe it's more than 10 as I look around. I'd count the Bill Harry Mersey Beat book from the late 70s. Then there's the Illustrated Lyrics, another called "The Beatles, An Illustrated Record", Yesterday (photos), A Hard Day's Write....huff puff...All You Need is Ears...and that's just what I've got upstairs. That's 10 right there. Oh, another one I see...The Days of Their Lives. Not to mention all of those 35 cent or 50 cent magazines from the early days of 1964.

Stephen X. Carter

Dec 17, 2015, 5:17:36 AM12/17/15
On Wed, 16 Dec 2015 17:35:05 -0800 (PST), Eric Ramon
<ramon...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Wednesday, December 16, 2015 at 4:10:11 PM UTC-8, Stephen X. Carter wrote:
>> On Wed, 16 Dec 2015 02:17:53 -0800 (PST), kenzies...@gmail.com
>> wrote:
>>
>> >If anyone here already have this book in pdf file i'd be very please to have a share. Anyone can send it to kenzies...@gmail.com
>> >
>> >Big thanks!!
>>
>> Try spending money on it instead. That encourages authors to write
>> books. Stealing them does not.
>>
>> Sorry.
>
>Or get them from the library. I figure the library buys the book, I pay the library via taxes. I don't get to keep it so there's that. I had 3 weeks to read all of the newest Lewisohn. It was a page turner, for sure. I finished it 4 days.

Point taken. Yes. Agreed. Libraries are a society building
alternative. The acknowledgements in the recent Lewisohn are fun - at
least two folk from rec.music.beatles are there! <grin>

>Someday I'll count the number of Beatles books I have. It's not all that many, less than 10 I'd guess. The Hunter Davies biography, the Allan Williams whine (very enjoyable!), Cynthia's first one, The True Story of the Beatles by Billy Shepard....well maybe it's more than 10 as I look around. I'd count the Bill Harry Mersey Beat book from the late 70s. Then there's the Illustrated Lyrics, another called "The Beatles, An Illustrated Record", Yesterday (photos), A Hard Day's Write....huff puff...All You Need is Ears...and that's just what I've got upstairs. That's 10 right there. Oh, another one I see...The Days of Their Lives. Not to mention all of those 35 cent or 50 cent magazines from the early days of 1964.

Only 10. I've (literally) got hundreds.

But as you mention the Illustrated lyrics, check this out....

Look at the "Illustrated Lyrics" entry for "Day Tripper". (I can't
usefully give page numbers as it varies with edition and
re-publication).

Compare the lady's mouth & tongue with the singularly famous Rolling
Stones' logo.

Aldridge's was done in 1969. John Pasche gets credit for his version in
1971.

Isn't it strange.

Eric Ramon

Dec 17, 2015, 1:07:40 PM12/17/15
On Thursday, December 17, 2015 at 2:17:36 AM UTC-8, Stephen X. Carter wrote:

> But as you mention the Illustrated lyrics, check this out....
>
> Look at the "Illustrated Lyrics" entry for "Day Tripper". (I can't
> usefully give page numbers as it varies with edition and
> re-publication).
>
> Compare the lady's mouth & tongue with the singularly famous Rolling
> Stones' logo.
>
> Aldridge's was done in 1969. John Pasche gets credit for his version in
> 1971.
>
> Isn't it strange.

whoa. I could see it being coincidence except....for the highlights in the upper lip. Well...the tongue, too.

Stephen X. Carter

Dec 17, 2015, 3:29:26 PM12/17/15
It is quite extraordinary isn't it.

In the context of late 1960s graphics, there's little chance that John
Pasche hadn't seen the "Illustrated Lyrics" book.

Finding this, which someone else did earlier this year, certainly made
things confusing in the various conflicting claims as to who really
designed the Stones' Logo.

Eric Ramon

Dec 17, 2015, 3:54:14 PM12/17/15
On Thursday, December 17, 2015 at 12:29:26 PM UTC-8, Stephen X. Carter wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Dec 2015 10:07:38 -0800 (PST), Eric Ramon
> <ramon...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >On Thursday, December 17, 2015 at 2:17:36 AM UTC-8, Stephen X. Carter wrote:
> >>
> >> But as you mention the Illustrated lyrics, check this out....
> >>
> >> Look at the "Illustrated Lyrics" entry for "Day Tripper". (I can't
> >> usefully give page numbers as it varies with edition and
> >> re-publication).
> >>
> >> Compare the lady's mouth & tongue with the singularly famous Rolling
> >> Stones' logo.
> >>
> >> Aldridge's was done in 1969. John Pasche gets credit for his version in
> >> 1971.
> >>
> >> Isn't it strange.
> >>

> >whoa. I could see it being coincidence except....for the highlights in the upper lip. Well...the tongue, too.
>
> It is quite extraordinary isn't it.
>
> In the context of late 1960s graphics, there's little chance that John
> Pasche hadn't seen the "Illustrated Lyrics" book.
>
> Finding this, which someone else did earlier this year, certainly made
> things confusing in the various conflicting claims as to who really
> designed the Stones' Logo.

I definitely agree. The Aldridge book was huge at the time.

Nil

Dec 17, 2015, 5:15:25 PM12/17/15
On 17 Dec 2015, Stephen X. Carter <steve@[127.0.0.1]> wrote in
rec.music.beatles:

> In the context of late 1960s graphics, there's little chance that
> John Pasche hadn't seen the "Illustrated Lyrics" book.
>
> Finding this, which someone else did earlier this year, certainly
> made things confusing in the various conflicting claims as to who
> really designed the Stones' Logo.

Here's Alan Aldredge's "Day Tripper" picture:

http://www.ronnieschneider.com/wp-content/uploads/tonguebeatles.jpg

Compare it to John Pasche's Rolling Stones logo:

http://www.djolley.com/stones/images/RStongue.jpg

I think we have a clear case of plagiarism here. Quick, alert the legal
staff!

Nil

Dec 17, 2015, 5:15:57 PM12/17/15
On 17 Dec 2015, Eric Ramon <ramon...@gmail.com> wrote in
rec.music.beatles:

> I definitely agree. The Aldridge book was huge at the time.

I've had at least 3 copies of it over the years.

hislop

Dec 18, 2015, 12:56:07 PM12/18/15
On 17/12/2015 12:35 PM, Eric Ramon wrote:
> On Wednesday, December 16, 2015 at 4:10:11 PM UTC-8, Stephen X.
> Carter wrote:
>> On Wed, 16 Dec 2015 02:17:53 -0800 (PST), kenzies...@gmail.com
>> wrote:
>>
>>> If anyone here already have this book in pdf file i'd be very
>>> please to have a share. Anyone can send it to
>>> kenzies...@gmail.com
>>>
>>> Big thanks!!
>>
>> Try spending money on it instead. That encourages authors to
>> write books. Stealing them does not.
>>
>> Sorry.
>
> Or get them from the library. I figure the library buys the book, I
> pay the library via taxes. I don't get to keep it so there's that. I
> had 3 weeks to read all of the newest Lewisohn. It was a page turner,
> for sure. I finished it 4 days.

Which edition though? My local library had the book but it wasn't the
extended one. I ended up paying on Kindle for the two parts, cheaper
than the paper book anyway. And it was still a page turner.

> Someday I'll count the number of Beatles books I have. It's not all
> that many, less than 10 I'd guess. The Hunter Davies biography,

There was a later edition of the Hunter Davies one a few years ago with
a new introduction which must be read.

the
> Allan Williams whine (very enjoyable!),

someone went out of their way to mention that one to me, I'd like to
read it.

Eric Ramon

Dec 18, 2015, 6:21:20 PM12/18/15
On Friday, December 18, 2015 at 9:56:07 AM UTC-8, hislop wrote:
> On 17/12/2015 12:35 PM, Eric Ramon wrote:
> >
> > Or get them from the library. I figure the library buys the book, I
> > pay the library via taxes. I don't get to keep it so there's that. I
> > had 3 weeks to read all of the newest Lewisohn. It was a page turner,
> > for sure. I finished it 4 days.
>
> Which edition though? My local library had the book but it wasn't the
> extended one. I ended up paying on Kindle for the two parts, cheaper
> than the paper book anyway. And it was still a page turner.

the shorter, 1000 page version. One of these days I'd love to get the extended one.

hislop

Dec 18, 2015, 9:29:19 PM12/18/15
Large screen Kindle, so not so bad, all the pictures are there.
Expensive though.
I once compared something with both versions, I had the smaller one from
the library for a little while. Somethings are almost on a tangent with
the Beatles, but some are directly part of the Beatle parts though.

almar...@gmail.com

Feb 17, 2017, 11:30:10 AM2/17/17
On Monday, March 15, 2010 at 1:32:20 AM UTC-4, ermitano wrote:
> i'm looking for Recording The Beatles, by Kevin Ryan and Brian Kehew
> and Here, There And Everywhere by Geoff Emerick. I know i am asking
> too much, but well, there was a time when a pdf version of lewisohn's
> books was really hard to find.. now those books (chronicles and
> sessions) are in several places as free download.
>
> any idea where to get those books?
> thanks
>
> p.s. if anyone wants lewisohn's and hal leonard (sheet music) books i
> could send them by email or upload to a website, just ask me for it.

I am looking to get in touch with the authors of the Recording The Beatles book for a specific purpose regarding a piece of equipment used in the recording of Rubber Soul and Revolver

planet...@gmail.com

Feb 20, 2017, 12:17:46 PM2/20/17
Dne ponedeljek, 02. marec 2015 02.27.40 UTC+1 je oseba shintb...@gmail.com napisala:
> Hello. hey please can you send me this pdf book? Thanks in advance
>

> > if you can't download it just tell me and i'll try to send it to you

Hey

i know im a little late, but do you have RECORDING THE BEATLES in PDF.

Thanks for the help!
Message has been deleted

malu...@gmail.com

Feb 21, 2017, 6:23:26 PM2/21/17

These downloads don't seem to be working, Would you be able to e-mail this book to malu...@gmail.com?

Thanks,

Allan

On Monday, March 15, 2010 at 3:08:47 PM UTC-4, ermitano wrote:
> On 15 mar, 14:29, dahldude <dahld...@aol.com> wrote:
> > Have not seen either rendered to pdf. I'll keep you in mind if
> > something pops up.
> >
> > You seen Beatles Complete Scores?
>
> Yes. I've got it, but i found this links too:
>
> http://rapidshare.com/files/105216234/beatlsallscorzallinstrmntz.part1.rar
> http://rapidshare.com/files/105231032/beatlsallscorzallinstrmntz.part2.rar
> http://rapidshare.com/files/105232620/beatlsallscorzallinstrmntz.part3.rar

kha...@hotmail.com

Jul 7, 2017, 5:45:20 PM7/7/17
On Monday, 15 March 2010 20:08:47 UTC+1, ermitano wrote:
> On 15 mar, 14:29, dahldude <dahld...@aol.com> wrote:
> > Have not seen either rendered to pdf. I'll keep you in mind if
> > something pops up.
> >
> > You seen Beatles Complete Scores?
>
> Yes. I've got it, but i found this links too:
>
> http://rapidshare.com/files/105216234/beatlsallscorzallinstrmntz.part1.rar
> http://rapidshare.com/files/105231032/beatlsallscorzallinstrmntz.part2.rar
> http://rapidshare.com/files/105232620/beatlsallscorzallinstrmntz.part3.rar
>
> if you can't download it just tell me and i'll try to send it to you

Hi!
Do you still have the Pdf? do you mind to send it to me at kha...@hotmail.com
Thanks
Message has been deleted

ephgra...@gmail.com

Mar 14, 2018, 5:22:16 PM3/14/18
Hello, does anybody have RECORDING THE BEATLES pdf? Please, could you send it to ephgra...@gmail.com ?

Thank you very much

khanc...@gmail.com

Mar 24, 2018, 9:11:37 PM3/24/18
On Monday, March 2, 2015 at 12:19:48 PM UTC-6, thefake...@gmail.com wrote:
> I'm intrested in this book too!

me too! would someone mind sending it to me pleease??

harley...@gmail.com

Mar 31, 2018, 5:29:20 PM3/31/18
Would also appreciate it very much if someone could send me a copy of this :)
Message has been deleted

nicolas...@gmail.com

Aug 7, 2019, 10:55:14 AM8/7/19
Hi, if it is not to late I would also be very grateful to have a Recording The Beatles pdf !
Thanks!!!! :)

missioninmo...@gmail.com

Jan 17, 2020, 8:16:38 PM1/17/20
Can you please send me a copy? The links don't work

deanpr...@gmail.com

May 15, 2020, 6:34:06 AM5/15/20

pascualmo...@gmail.com

Jun 22, 2020, 2:30:55 PM6/22/20

E Q

Nov 7, 2020, 7:34:49 AM11/7/20
I hope you guys still have the links .
please send me a copy
thanks in advance

Dan Aristiguieta

Sep 21, 2021, 12:38:58 PM9/21/21
If anyone has a copy please send to daristi...@gmail.com!

Fernando Fonseca

Nov 24, 2021, 6:15:07 PM11/24/21
On Monday, March 15, 2010 at 2:32:20 AM UTC-3, ermitano wrote:
> i'm looking for Recording The Beatles, by Kevin Ryan and Brian Kehew
> and Here, There And Everywhere by Geoff Emerick. I know i am asking
> too much, but well, there was a time when a pdf version of lewisohn's
> books was really hard to find.. now those books (chronicles and
> sessions) are in several places as free download.
> any idea where to get those books?
> thanks
> p.s. if anyone wants lewisohn's and hal leonard (sheet music) books i
> could send them by email or upload to a website, just ask me for it.

Have you found Recording the Beatles? I attended a lecture of the authors in Abbey Road thinking that they could sell and autograph the books, but they went out running :-(

Scott Cook

Nov 29, 2021, 1:45:18 AM11/29/21
Hi all.

I purchased two copies of the book as pre-orders when it originally came out. I still have both copies. I've been seeing lately that copies have sold for between 1000 and 2000 USD online. This book has been out of print for over a decade. Personally, I would never distribute a PDF out of fear of legal action being taken against me (also, I don't have a PDF of it). I have at times considered de-binding one copy and scanning it for my own personal reading pleasure on my computer or iPad. I think it's pretty weird that the authors come online to talk smack and threaten people but also refuse to re-print the book. Why? It's so weird, especially now that the Peter Jackson documentary is out. No doubt a second edition would sell out as would a third and fourth edition. Kindle versions would make them millionaires. Who even knows what is going on. All that I can say is that if you have the money to pay for a used copy online, get it! It is definitely insane and very detailed! Cheers to all!

geoff

Nov 29, 2021, 3:54:16 PM11/29/21
It is a fantastic book. I got mine early on, new from the publishers,
Curvebender.

If anybody is interested in purchasing a copy (a PDF would devalue the
whole concept), look here :
http://www.curvebender.com/recordingthebeatlesdeluxeedition.aspx

geoff

MATTHEW MCDONALD

Jan 17, 2022, 4:57:27 PM1/17/22
-Hey! I was interested to see if anyone ever found the PDF download links? I want to buy this book so bad in physical form but Curvebender basically has been saying for years that a reprint is coming, and I can't financially afford to drop $600 on an old copy. Would just love to know all the crazy detailed technically stuff like REDD design that this tome covers. Shoot me a PM if you find it thank you!

geoff

Jan 18, 2022, 3:57:07 PM1/18/22
Have you emailed the Curvies with a request for an update of ETA ?

geoff

MATTHEW MCDONALD

Jan 27, 2022, 11:54:07 PM1/27/22
Yes, basically still has an as yet undefined date for reprinting. I'm sure COVID and all of the issues has made everything even more difficult to print and distribute.
I wouldn't resort to looking for a PDF if it was coming within the next year or so.