Hey Jude!~

Mack A. Damia

Sep 30, 2021, 2:23:27 PM9/30/21

Is that Yoko screaming in some of the Na-na coda?

I think about musical scholars doing research into the music of the
20th Century hundreds of years from now. They will begin the 20th
Century with the composers of the 1930s, Porter, Gershwin - into the
1950s and onto the 1960s. The Beatles dominate from 1963 onward to
the end of the decade or so, and the researcher is noting that the
band changes over time to be simplistic about it. He will listen to
their songs as they were released to the public.

Then this will jar his senses:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQER0A0ej0M

geoff

Sep 30, 2021, 3:59:31 PM9/30/21
On 1/10/2021 7:23 am, Mack A. Damia wrote:

> Is that Yoko screaming in some of the Na-na coda?

Naaa. It's Macca.

geoff

Norbert K

Oct 1, 2021, 9:59:04 AM10/1/21
He knew "Hey Jude" was one of his masterpieces; no way would Paul have allowed Yoko on that.

An off-the-cuff thing like "Birthday" (on which Yoko and Patti Harrison are allowed to contribute guest vocals) is one thing; "Hey Jude" is another.

That said, I played "Hey Jude" one for a friend, and she said: "He sounds like a wildcat!"

Mack A. Damia

Oct 1, 2021, 12:49:42 PM10/1/21
I know a few people who don't seem to get emotional over music.
Tendency towards psychopathy? I don't understand the "wildcat"
comment. What was she hearing?

Norbert K

Oct 1, 2021, 2:35:13 PM10/1/21
The "na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA!" thing Paul does at the 5:29 mark is what she was commenting on, IIRC.

Mack A. Damia

Oct 1, 2021, 6:18:54 PM10/1/21
On Fri, 1 Oct 2021 11:35:11 -0700 (PDT), Norbert K
I guessed as much, and your friend heard Paul screaming. At one
point, I thought it sounded like Yoko.

geoff

Oct 1, 2021, 8:40:00 PM10/1/21
Not slightly sorry. And Paul wasn't even having a wank !

geoff

cuppajoe2go

Oct 2, 2021, 12:28:28 AM10/2/21
Hey Jude coda....gateway to Monkberry :)

curtis...@gmail.com

Oct 18, 2021, 12:42:26 PM10/18/21
On Thursday, September 30, 2021 at 2:23:27 PM UTC-4, Mack A. Damia wrote:
No. It's in time with the song.

cuppajoe2go

Oct 18, 2021, 5:40:38 PM10/18/21
https://youtu.be/3i7gOflcLow?t=235