What did Dhani Harrison major in at Brown?

Healthy Stealthy ;

Jan 24, 2004, 1:58:43 PM1/24/04
Does anyone know what Dhani Harrison majored in at Brown University?
Man, does he ever look like his father! Must have been a very bright
chap to get into that school! I'm sure his father's money didn't
hurt. But a bright chap, just the same.
So, what was Dhani's major at brown?
Thanks

Dyuob Poltice

Jan 24, 2004, 3:26:29 PM1/24/04
On 24 Jan 2004 10:58:43 -0800, healthy...@yahoo.com (Healthy
Stealthy ;) wrote:

From http://dhani.applescruff.net/dhani.html
"Being an artsy fartsy type, Dhani went to school at Brown University
in America, which I'm sure was hard for both him and his parents (I
stayed in the same country and it was hard for me and my parents!).
While he was there he said he had some "good times", but it wasn't all
play and no work. He studied design which landed him a job with
MacLaren, not because of his father, and he also helped in designing
the cover for "Brainwashed".

============================

http://www.onlinerock.com/musicians/dyuob/
"In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart,
or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant."

Kurt Straub

Jan 24, 2004, 5:11:47 PM1/24/04
Everything I hear from Dhani or read about him indicates he is a fine young
man. But for my money the art design of "Brainwashed" has to be the ugliest
thing I've ever seen wrapped around a CD.

---- Kurt Straub

Ms Parker

Jan 25, 2004, 1:05:46 AM1/25/04
Kurt Straub wrote:
> Everything I hear from Dhani or read about him indicates he is a fine young
> man. But for my money the art design of "Brainwashed" has to be the ugliest
> thing I've ever seen wrapped around a CD.

I agree that it fails as a CD cover, but I think it works much better as
a cover for the vinyl album. In fact all together, the vinyl BRAINWASHED
package is very well done.
--- Suzy

St. Matthew

Jan 26, 2004, 10:30:40 PM1/26/04
"Kurt Straub" <jkurt...@comcast.net> wrote in message news:<7_mdnTl6PfY...@comcast.com>...

> Everything I hear from Dhani or read about him indicates he is a fine young
> man. But for my money the art design of "Brainwashed" has to be the ugliest
> thing I've ever seen wrapped around a CD.

Isn't it supposed to be unattractive? Because getting "Brainwashed by
the Nikkei, Brainwashed by Dow Jones, Brainwashed by the FTSE, NASDAQ,
& secure loans" is ugly business ;)

Andrea

Jan 27, 2004, 2:08:54 AM1/27/04
dontemailm...@yahoo.com (St. Matthew) wrote in message news:<27b1245d.04012...@posting.google.com>...

yeah, he majored in design. I rather like the cover. Maybe it wasn't
very "george" but it means something. I know a lot of people were
unhappy with this cover, but if George left all these instructions on
the album itself, I can't imagine he didn't leave an idea of what he
wanted for the cover. The website is cool too, georgeharrison.com
when if you stay on the brainwashed path it gets all crazy
brainwashing, lol. I think it's done very well artistic wise. And
getting a jo with McLaren, the guy has some talent. He seems like a
really great guy handleing his dad's affairs and all. Not to mention
he looks just as cute as his dad!!

Andrea

St. Matthew

Jan 27, 2004, 12:54:00 PM1/27/04
lilca...@yahoo.com (Andrea) wrote in message news:<a8e576d7.04012...@posting.google.com>...

> He seems like a
> really great guy handleing his dad's affairs and all. Not to mention
> he looks just as cute as his dad!!

Indeed, on both counts! :) You've all heard the story of Beatles &
Beatlefamily standing around with Dhani, and somebody made the joke
that everyone's gotten older...but George (meaning Dhani)?!

Some of the black & white photos: I have to look closely to determine
if it's Dhani or George. It is nice.

Andrea

Jan 27, 2004, 7:33:15 PM1/27/04
dontemailm...@yahoo.com (St. Matthew) wrote in message news:<27b1245d.04012...@posting.google.com>...

yeah! that was what olivia said during the concert for george. paul
went on stage and said olivia said it with dhani on stage it looks
like george stayed young and we all got old. its so true, lol. dhani
has olivias darker skin though. and hes tiny. only like 5'6'' or
5'7'' as where george was 5'11''. but he looks so much like george.
best lookign beatle kid by far!!

Andrea

nobody

Jan 27, 2004, 8:07:20 PM1/27/04
dontemailm...@yahoo.com (St. Matthew) wrote in message news:<27b1245d.04012...@posting.google.com>...

Hmmm. I haven't seen that many pictures of Dhani (two or three stills
in the flood of memorials late 2001) but he sure looks like his dad -
with a certain softening of the jaw line - on stage in the Concert for
George DVD! Not as bouncy in the body movements (George was quite the
dancer, but not at parties or anything like that... he was a private
dancer ;-)

frannie

FunkMe

Jan 28, 2004, 12:21:31 PM1/28/04
Well...he dances a lot in a Hard Days Night...at the "party" they go
to...and the little George Shuffle he does during the "concert" at the end.

Meems Ellenberg

Sep 15, 2022, 3:40:21 AM9/15/22
On Wednesday, January 28, 2004 at 1:21:31 PM UTC-4, FunkMe wrote:
> Well...he dances a lot in a Hard Days Night...at the "party" they go
> to...and the little George Shuffle he does during the "concert" at the end.
George was the least "artsy" Beatle. John & Paul did art & Paul was set on a career teaching English Lit if music didn't work out.
George, don't forget, was on track to being an electrician. He's the only Beatle from a stable home. John & Paul (blah blah) famously lost their mums, and Ringo's dad deserted the family when he was 3 or 4. But George's mum & dad raised their 4 kids (George was the youngest) in what you might call close-to-the-bone-poverty. They never had indoor plumbing. George flirted with the high life, no doubt.

His life with Pattie Boyd...I love Pattie Boyd. Caught in a love triangle & they both let her down. But she never has said a bad word about George or Clapton. She was happy when George met Olivia.

And so it makes perfect sense to me that Dhani seems so centered. Olivia & George did a good job.

I love/loved George. What has bothered me are his later remarks, so bitter, about not getting his due and hating the Beatles part of his life. I get it. It must have been very hard to hang around with John & Paul. George put out his triple album post-Beatles with everything he'd been saving up, and some of it is really great. But he was never the kind of songwriter the Nurk Twins were.

But I dare you to look at the earliest Beatles footage and not see that George is having blast.

For the record, my most favorite song of all time, not just Beatles, is "Here Comes The Sun." It is a perfect song.

RJKe...@yahoo.com

Sep 15, 2022, 8:25:56 AM9/15/22
Apparently he studied industrial design and physics.

He's sporting a new, Anthony Keidis sort of look.