News from the latest Beatlefan

Edward S. Chen

Nov 12, 1994, 11:39:56 PM11/12/94
Some of the news from the latest Beatlefan:

-- an appended BBC track listing, with dialogue:

Disc 1 Disc 2

Beatles Greetings (Crinsk Du Night)
From Us To You A Hard Day's Night
(Riding on a Bus) (Have a Banana)
I Got a Woman I Wanna Be Your Man
Too Much Monkey Business (Just a rumor)
Keep Your Hands off my Baby Roll Over Beehtoven
I'll Be on My Way All My Loving
Young Blood Things We Said Today
A Shot of Rhythm and Blues She's a Woman
Sure To Fall Sweet Little Sixteen
Some Other Guy (1822)
Thank You Girl Lonesome Tears in My Eyes
(Sha La La La La) Nothin' Shakin (But the Leaves)
Baby It's You Hippy Hippy Shake
That's All Right (Mama) Glad All Over
Carol I Just Don't Understand
Solder of Love So How Come (No One Loves Me)
(A Little Rhyme) I Feel Fine
Clarabella I'm A Loser
I'm Gonna Sit Right Down and Cry Over You Everybody's Trying to Be my Baby
Crying, Waiting, Hoping Rock And Roll Music
(Dear Wack) Ticket to Ride
You Really Got a Hold on Me Dizzy Miss Lizzie
To Know Her is to Love Her Kansas City / Hey, Hey, Hey, Hey
A Taste of Honey (Set Fire to the Lot)
Long Tall Sally Matchbox
I Saw Her Standing There I Forgot to Remember to Forget
The Honeymoon Song (Love Those Goon Shows)
Johnny B. Goode I Got To Find My Baby
Memphis, Tennessee Ooh My Soul
Lucille (Ooh My Arms)
Can't Buy Me Love Don't Ever Change
(From Fluff to You) Slow Down
'Till There Was You Honey Don't
Love Me Do

-- John's "Sgt. Pepper" outfit loaned to the R&R HOF actually is the
property of *Sean*, not Yoko. In addition to the Pepper suit,
a collarless jacket, John's Hamburg leathers, John's glasses,
John's Rick 325, John's US Immigration papers, some handwritten
song lyrics, and a copy of "The Daily Howl" will all be included.

-- The "Making of a Hard Day's Night" will be aired on public television
(!!) stations across the US (probably used to fill out pledge drives,
so wrought with interruptions :-/) early next year, with a slightly
longer version to come out on MPL at roughtly the same time.

-- Zak will *not* be part of Ringo's All Starr Band III. The only
confirmed members are Joe Walsh and Roger McGuinn. The delay
of the Eagles reunion tour may end up pushing RASB III back,
as Ringo reportedly won't tour without Joe Walsh

-- Geoff Baker officially announced that Paul's possible appearence
on "Baywatch" has been cancelled. <aw, shucks :-)>

-- In addition to the Quarrymen tape, a number of other unreleased
acetates were sold, including a bunch of "All Things Must Pass"
outtakes, an alternate take of "Please Please Me" and a number
of acoustic demos

-- The first of three Yellow Dog box sets is out. This first set
contains less new or exciting material than one might expect from
YD, but the next two are expected to feature uncut and unedited
studio tapes from various sessions (1963 - 1966)

<ESC>

--
... The cats were catting, the dogs were dogging, the birds were birding, and
the fish were fishing ...