Fosters

CliffinNM

Dec 7, 2002, 1:05:32 AM12/7/02
Well I had me a six of Bass Ale, and it just didnt hit the spot, know what I
mean? A friend of mine said go in there and get a can of Fosters.. So I did, it
looked like a fuckin oil drum, the size of it. Now I need to know, where can I
get Fosters in a six pack.

Mister Charlie

Dec 7, 2002, 2:18:51 AM12/7/02

"CliffinNM" <clif...@aol.com> wrote in message

Same place ya got the can.

paramucho

Dec 7, 2002, 2:49:06 AM12/7/02

Well, I used to go past the factory every day when I was a kid. I
guess I could find out where they moved to.

Ya might want to try a V.B. or a Carlton as well.

Ian

big easy

Dec 7, 2002, 2:47:49 AM12/7/02

"Mister Charlie" <smoker...@myway.com> wrote in message

sounds like he fell for the biggest joke of all.

no aussie worth his salt would ever be seen dead drinking fosters!

still, you got to admire the technology of the "gut buster" keg/cans. now
that's the mark of a nation that takes their beer seriously!

*hic*

Mister Charlie

Dec 7, 2002, 3:00:28 AM12/7/02

"big easy" <wecant...@becauseiloveyoutoomuchbaby.com> wrote in
message news:ass8so$7qm$0...@pita.alt.net...
Like them 5 liter Japanese beer party balls.

microknee finger

Dec 7, 2002, 9:07:01 AM12/7/02
"big easy" wrote ...

> no aussie worth his salt would ever be seen dead drinking fosters!

That's what I've heard, which I think is hilarious. Is it that bad, really?
I'm trying to think of what a comparably stigmatized brand would be in the
US... Schaffer's?

> still, you got to admire the technology of the "gut buster" keg/cans. now
> that's the mark of a nation that takes their beer seriously!

I think it's mainly the can that really sells it here... that and the
Australian accented commercials.

Partial to Murphy's Stout myself. And if not a stout, then it's Shiner Bock,
which is by far the most popular beer in Texas, and for good reason.

lol... gotta love these shamelessly off-topic threads.

:3)

~ Chad

Mister Charlie

Dec 7, 2002, 1:18:23 PM12/7/02

"microknee finger" <surchudSPA...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
And in Germany they piss Beck's.

If I can't have a Guinness I still enjoy a Fosters. There's far too
many crappy American beers that Fosters is a shining beacon.

CliffinNM

Dec 7, 2002, 2:12:28 PM12/7/02
>no aussie worth his salt would ever be seen dead drinking fosters!

no kidding? I thought it was pretty good, might take the dolly and buy a few
more tonight.

CliffinNM

Dec 7, 2002, 2:15:03 PM12/7/02
>There's far too
>many crappy American beers that Fosters is a shining beacon.

Amen Charlie :o)

CliffinNM

Dec 7, 2002, 2:16:15 PM12/7/02
>Ya might want to try a V.B. or a Carlton as well.

Whats a V.B.?

Mister Charlie

Dec 7, 2002, 2:16:35 PM12/7/02

> >Ya might want to try a V.B. or a Carlton as well.
>
> Whats a V.B.?

A sexually transmitted alchohol.
;-)

CliffinNM

Dec 7, 2002, 2:45:03 PM12/7/02
>> Whats a V.B.?
>
>A sexually transmitted alchohol.
>;-)

well i guess thats out, i'm married

paramucho

Dec 7, 2002, 4:56:00 PM12/7/02
On 07 Dec 2002 19:16:15 GMT, clif...@aol.com (CliffinNM) wrote:

>>Ya might want to try a V.B. or a Carlton as well.
>
>Whats a V.B.?

A Victoria Bitter aka Vic Bitter aka V.B.

Ian

big easy

Dec 7, 2002, 5:01:37 PM12/7/02

"CliffinNM" <clif...@aol.com> wrote in message

mate, do yourself a favour and try to find some Victoria Bitter of Crown
Lager.

big easy

Dec 7, 2002, 5:07:47 PM12/7/02

"paramucho" <i...@beathoven.com> wrote in message

aka Vitamin b, Very Beautiful, etc etc etc

Dee

Dec 7, 2002, 7:32:30 PM12/7/02

On Sat, 7 Dec 2002, microknee finger wrote:

> lol... gotta love these shamelessly off-topic threads.
>
> :3)
>
> ~ Chad

Chadgh! Go for Harp's!

Dee

microknee finger

Dec 7, 2002, 10:12:20 PM12/7/02
"Her Deeness" wrote...

> Chadgh! Go for Harp's!

Deeeeee!

Welllllll then, don't mind if I do.

;3)

~ Chad

Jeff Troutman

Dec 7, 2002, 11:46:41 PM12/7/02

"microknee finger" <surchudSPA...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> "big easy" wrote ...
>
> > no aussie worth his salt would ever be seen dead drinking fosters!
>
> That's what I've heard, which I think is hilarious. Is it that bad,
really?

Fosters: Australian for "Coors".

Jeff Troutman, who likes the stuff, kinda.

IBen Getiner

Dec 11, 2002, 12:10:25 AM12/11/02
>Subject: Fosters
>From: clif...@aol.com (CliffinNM)
>Date: 12/7/02 1:05 AM Eastern Standard Time

Fosters ... what a joke! They say it's Australian for beer ... but it's made in
Canada.
Go find a nice high alcohol content Belgian ale. The only beers worth pouring
in and pissing out.

Debs

Dec 11, 2002, 10:58:45 PM12/11/02
"microknee finger" wrote:

> Partial to Murphy's Stout myself. And if not a stout, then it's Shiner Bock,
> which is by far the most popular beer in Texas, and for good reason.

OCK! Chad I was just in Texas and I didn't see this beer! Could it
be because I had a minor in my possession? Heh. I go for Corona no
matter which part of the world.

> lol... gotta love these shamelessly off-topic threads.

Oh, yeah! They rule!

> :3)

Butt-faced man or Charles Boyer? Was this question ever settled
satisfactorily? Better drink a beer and think about it. Do think you
could patent this little guy -- on a beer label. Perhaps. It could
happen.

Deb

Ehtue

Dec 12, 2002, 2:16:27 PM12/12/02
CliffinNM writes:

>>Ya might want to try a V.B. or a Carlton as well.
>
> Whats a V.B.?

Victorian Bitter.

Ehtue

Dec 12, 2002, 2:17:44 PM12/12/02
"big easy" <wecant...@becauseiloveyoutoomuchbaby.com> writes:

Ooops. These week old posts are only showing up today on my system. I guess
that question's been answered a few times already. Sorry.

-Ehtue