Kathy

thewalruswasdanny

Jul 12, 2016, 4:10:10 PM7/12/16
I heard this morning that Kathy Burns lost her battle with Cancer on Saturday..Kathy was a very early RMBer but continued to browse..she was a first gen Beatles fan flying over from the States to Apple Scruff the fabs. She became friends with Mimi and published a book all about it...about 18 months ago or so. I spoke to her a few times on the phone (which was through RMB)...I thought that those of you who can remember the olden days should know of her passing. Sad news.

Danny

zippl...@gmail.com

Jul 12, 2016, 4:20:52 PM7/12/16
On Tuesday, July 12, 2016 at 3:10:10 PM UTC-5, thewalruswasdanny wrote:
> I heard this morning that Kathy Burns lost her battle with Cancer on Saturday..Kathy was a very early RMBer but continued to browse..she was a first gen Beatles fan flying over from the States to Apple Scruff the fabs. She became friends with Mimi and published a book all about it...about 18 months ago or so. I spoke to her a few times on the phone (which was through RMB)...I thought that those of you who can remember the olden days should know of her passing. Sad news.
>
> Danny

I'm sorry to hear of her death. I've never heard of her.

Brandon Equinox

Jul 12, 2016, 4:35:13 PM7/12/16
LOL! Another priceless post by Jeffie-poo.

It has all the sincerity of a topasshole post.

zippl...@gmail.com

Jul 12, 2016, 6:32:13 PM7/12/16
Insincerity? I'm living with a woman who has terminal cancer, and the last 6 months
have been the worst. Do you have any idea what it's like to watch someone slowly
die, and after they've had chemo? Their face gets red as if parts of her face will
suddenly explode? On top of that, I can't pay the fucking rent to stay here and the
person I responded to, (after watching 13,556 of his videos) isn't even speaking
to me as if I'm a mind reader and knows what he's angry about. And you want to
call me insincere?

Brandon Equinox

Jul 12, 2016, 6:45:52 PM7/12/16
Look on the bright side Jeffie-poo, at least you have money for the
internet so you can be on RMB 24/7 letting us experience the utter
blackness of your miserable life along with you.

zippl...@gmail.com

Jul 12, 2016, 7:05:09 PM7/12/16
It's funny that you want to hear about it and funny that you still read my posts.
I wouldn't call that a bright side though, since it doesn't have to be that way for you.
Oh well. It takes all types.

Brandon Equinox

Jul 12, 2016, 7:10:04 PM7/12/16
Reading your pathos-filled posts are like watching a movie that is so
bad it is funny and you can't take your eyes off of it. You're a master
at this Jeffie-poo. I would bet that you have honed this skill your
whole life in order to get and maintain attention.

zippl...@gmail.com

Jul 12, 2016, 7:13:23 PM7/12/16
Enjoy.

DONT DIE JEFFIE

Jul 12, 2016, 7:42:07 PM7/12/16
JEFFIE DON'T CRY YOU'LL RUIN THE KEYBOARD AND WON'T HAVE ENOUGH $$$$$
TO REPLACE IT!!!! KEEP YOUR FAITH JEFFIE!!! NOBODY ON RMB HAS HAD TO
WATCH SOMEONE DIE OF CANCER OR A HEART ATTACK EXCEPT YOU JEFFIE!!! YOU
BEAR ALL THE SORROWS OF THE WORLD SO THE REST OF US CAN ENJOY THE
BEATLES AND YOU ASK FOR NOTHING IN RETURN!!! JEFFIE YOU MUST LIVE SO WE
CAN CONTINUE TO BE UNFAZED BY EVENTS IN DALLAS!!! LIVE JEFFIE LIVE!!!

zippl...@gmail.com

Jul 12, 2016, 8:30:19 PM7/12/16
> bad it is funny and you can't take your eyes off of it. You're a master.

I know. it gets even better.

I Love My NezMonkee

Jul 12, 2016, 8:57:32 PM7/12/16
You don't remember Kathy? You have GOT to read this thread. OMG she
REALLY ripped Fattuchus a new one and put her in her place! RMB gold.

http://tinyurl.com/gtd33xj

norbert...@gmail.com

Jul 12, 2016, 9:29:17 PM7/12/16
The link doesn't seem to work.

Dude E Bomb

Jul 12, 2016, 9:55:34 PM7/12/16
Hey dude, was she related to Major Frank Burns? He died of cancer too!

BWAAAAAAAAA Ha Ha Ha Ha

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!

Hardee harrrrrrrr Harrison - hey he died of the BIG C too!!!!

BWAAAAAAAAA Ha Ha Ha Ha

RichL

Jul 12, 2016, 10:36:25 PM7/12/16
"thewalruswasdanny" <thewalru...@gmail.com> wrote in message
Danny: thanks for letting us know.

Bruce

Jul 12, 2016, 10:44:38 PM7/12/16
> "thewalruswasdanny" <thewalru...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> She became friends with Mimi and published a book all about
> > it...about 18 months ago or so.

https://www.amazon.com/Guitars-All-Right-Hobby-John/dp/1494968681/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1468377802&sr=1-1&keywords=kathy+burns

Eva Brown

Jul 12, 2016, 11:37:38 PM7/12/16
Great thread. It shows what a cunt fatAZZ was even back then. That cunt
was talking like she actually knew these people when all she was doing
was quoting dubious interviews. Meanwhile Kathy knew Mimi personally
and got inside information that none of these other books could get.
That cunt was a Yokotard then and is one now. Best of all was nobody
supported fatAZZ. Guess the topAZZ sockpuppet was either not invented
or she was back in israel keeping the sabras safe from arab cocks.

I Love My NezMonkee

Jul 13, 2016, 4:59:16 AM7/13/16

OK, here's an example of what Kathy wrote to Fatt:

fatt...@yahoo.com wrote:

> Dear Kathy,
>
> Well, I certainly don't mean to hurt your feelings.
My feelings aren't even close to being hurt.

And I am
> not interested in an argument, just a friendly exchange. However, now
> you say "I have no desire to argue my version of Mimi with what a
> Hunter Davies or Geoffrey Giuliano might have written 30 years ago."
> So are you now telling us that Davis and Giuliano wrote bullshit too?

I am now telling *you*. I'm sure a great many other people here
already know that Davis and Guiliano wrote bullshit. Hunter Davis has
admitted that a lot of what he wrote in the original biography was
white washed. And Giuliano......? You've GOT to be kidding.

> I agree that not everything written is completely accurate, but
> Hunter Davis is generally very respected.

I don't care how respected he is. I don't care to argue with you (or
have a "friendly exchange") on every point he mentions re: Mimi. Nor do
I care to do the same with Paul McCartney or anyone else. My argument
isn't what they wrote. My argument was with YOUR description of Mimi.
If you based that on what you've read, then it's virtually meaningless
as far as I'm concerned. If you based it on your own personal
knowledge of Mimi and time spent with her, then we can have a
discussion. But I'm not going to argue with you what I knew her to be
like versus what some Beatle author wrote based on God knows what.

> Are you telling us that Mimi was not strict and bossy with John?

Sure, she was strict. Was she "bossy"? I don't know. What do you mean
by bossy? Make him go to school? Make him clean his room? What? She
was his mother. Was your mother bossy?

> You mean she happily supported his interest in rock and roll?

She accepted there was very little she could do about it. She did pay
for his first guitar. As far as your original assertion that she
wanted him to be an accountant or a pharmacist or a member of some
other mundane profession.....bullshit. She knew he was "bohemian" from
a very early age. And she knew he was not going to end up with a 9 to 5
job. She would have preferred he became an artist but then she
preferred art to rock and roll.

She
> approved of his Teddy Boy looks?

Nope. She hated it. But so what? Does that make her mean? I didn't
much care for his Teddy Boy look either. Again, so what?

>She liked Paul and George and the way
> they dressed? I think Paul says otherwise in his book.

Paul says a lot of things in his book. I couldn't care less. As far as
Mimi was concerned, she liked Paul. She thought he was a bit
big-headed. She got a bit weary of listening to him talk about himself.
But she basically liked him and she kept in contact with him on her own
until it all went sour. He was allowed in her house anytime he came
over and he was invited to her house in Poole many times. She never
discussed how he dressed with me. I doubt that it mattered.

She didn't like George. But then I never said she did. And just for
the record, she didn't feel she knew Ringo that well, but she adored
his mother and thought she was the kindest woman on earth. She also
adored Brian Epstein. So prehaps that can take care of the class issue
and any homophobic problem that may or may not eventually be directed
at her.

> So what I read about her banning John to the porch when he
> practised and telling him "A guitar's alright but you'll never earn a
> living with it" was all bullshit?

Nope. She said it. And she proudly displayed a silver plaque in her
home that said just that. I'm beginning to think you feel she should
have been head of the local Beatles fan club. She wasn't a Beatles
fan. She was John's aunt, and for all intent and purposes, his mother.
He played his guitar whenever he wanted. I wasn't aware that "the
porch" was considered a banishment. Contrary to some households today,
the child didn't rule the roost back then. If she didn't want him
playing in the middle of the livingroom, she probably told him to go
out on the porch. It was the porch, not northern Siberia.

> I must retract my statement earlier about her being unsmiling. I
> confess in retrospect that was unfair.

Oh. You allow that she smiled from time to time? How big of you. Mimi
had a wonderful sense of humor, just as biting at times as her nephew.
She was kind, considerate, compassionate but she didn't suffer fools
gladly. And, as far as I was concerned, not the least bit intimidating.

> But from what I have read and
> heard, Mimi struck me as class conscious and strict.

If you've ever been to England and met anyone of Mimi's generation, you
will find that 99% of them are class conscious. That's the way it is
there and Mimi was no exception. But it didn't rule her life and she
didn't base her friendships on it.

>Of course, I am sure she loved John very much and meant the best.

Yeah, well, as long as she *meant* well. @@

You know, you can discuss if Yoko was a Julia/Mimi substitute all you
want. I'm not the least bit bothered and it's pretty much meaningless
as far as I'm concerned. But I would think it would serve your purpose
and certainly strengthen your theory if you first knew of whom you were
comparing Yoko too. It's my guess you know even less about Julia than
you do Mimi.

As long as you actually *realize* that, analyze to your heart's desire.
But don't for a moment think it you've in any way shape or form come to
any type valid conclusion. They're just words on the screen.

norbert...@gmail.com

Jul 13, 2016, 8:53:48 AM7/13/16
Thanks for posting that. Did Kathy put Fattuchus in his place? I'm not sure. Kathy was extremely condescending towards Fattuchus. I'm not particularly a fan of Davis or Giuliano, but it's sishonest to simply dismiss them. You can find factual errors in any of the books written about the Beatles.

Kathy's final dismissal of Fattuchus, that his thinking is "just words on the screen," applies to everything that's ever been posted here.

Adopting an attitude doesn't really prove that tge person you're talking (down) to is inferior or even in error. Even if you once had some sort of releationship with John Lennon's aunt.

zippl...@gmail.com

Jul 13, 2016, 10:25:43 AM7/13/16
No, I don't remember Kathy as I stated earlier and after reading what she wrote to Fatt.
The only comments that I recall arguing with Fatt and Topaz was about the subject of
John and Yoko, and reading those books. But to this day as far as I know, both of them
are my friends even outside of this group. I've never really read anything else they
wrote about, except for Julian and Sean. Probably the main reason we remain friends
is because they've never said anything to judge me on a personal level. I know they
both are disliked by many people of this group, but that doesn't mean that I'm suddenly
going to jump on the bandwagon with those who dislike them. It is interesting though
that I just don't remember Kathy. Up to the year 2005, the posts moved so fast it was
much harder to keep up with every poster and who said what.

poisoned rose

Jul 13, 2016, 4:27:27 PM7/13/16
I don't remember Kathy, but Google Groups seems to say she posted to RMB
a mere 18 times? Maybe she used more than one address.

Marcus

Jul 13, 2016, 9:00:45 PM7/13/16
I don't really remember her, I just have a vague memory of someone using that name. Sad to hear of her death.

zippl...@gmail.com

Jul 14, 2016, 12:18:11 PM7/14/16
It's hard to remember someone who only wrote 38 posts.

M C hammered

Jul 14, 2016, 12:40:49 PM7/14/16
But it easy to ermeba somone who wrote 57 billion post's per day, in ebry singler threat, roamin around, poundin ma chess, actorin like an idjit an makerin a completered fool of my seff, a clown, a moron, a sudo-scientist, who think's avoiderin knowlidge = science, a mentally deficient screw-up who is a prowd o nebba readin (or knowin), an behabbin sanctimonious an preacy, an confident God aproob's, an invokrifyin Comma, da Dad I nebba had, an posterin...

57 billlion time's a day...

In ebry thread.

Nuff said.

Nuff said.

M C hammered

Jul 14, 2016, 12:43:25 PM7/14/16
On Tuesday, July 12, 2016 at 4:10:10 PM UTC-4, thewalruswasdanny wrote:
> I heard this morning that Kathy Burns lost her battle with Cancer on Saturday..Kathy was a very early RMBer but continued to browse..she was a first gen Beatles fan flying over from the States to Apple Scruff the fabs. She became friends with Mimi and published a book all about it...about 18 months ago or so. I spoke to her a few times on the phone (which was through RMB)...I thought that those of you who can remember the olden days should know of her passing. Sad news.
>
> Danny

Well I Mista Reefa dote ERMEBA Kaffy, but God Bless Her Sole. Anyways.

Cuzza like, she hatered books. Alla dem. Sep fer da one she rote.

Nuffa say.

thewalruswasdanny

Jul 15, 2016, 8:18:47 PM7/15/16
On Wednesday, July 13, 2016 at 9:27:27 PM UTC+1, poisoned rose wrote:
> I don't remember Kathy, but Google Groups seems to say she posted to RMB
> a mere 18 times? Maybe she used more than one address.

Hi Eric, she sometimes posted as "Taffy" maybe you remember her from that name.

Danny

curtis...@gmail.com

Jul 30, 2022, 10:52:49 AM7/30/22
She wrote a book about her friendship with John's Aunt Mimi. Anyone read it?

Will Dockery

Aug 14, 2022, 1:59:26 AM8/14/22
since we are talking about books, check mine out at Walmart.com
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Selected-Poems-1976-2019-Paperback-9780994860019/796425131

RJKe...@yahoo.com

Aug 14, 2022, 10:38:05 AM8/14/22
Congrats on your book, Will.

Norbert K

Aug 29, 2022, 10:37:42 AM8/29/22
On Tuesday, July 12, 2016 at 1:10:10 PM UTC-7, thewalruswasdanny wrote:
> I heard this morning that Kathy Burns lost her battle with Cancer on Saturday..Kathy was a very early RMBer but continued to browse..she was a first gen Beatles fan flying over from the States to Apple Scruff the fabs. She became friends with Mimi and published a book all about it...about 18 months ago or so. I spoke to her a few times on the phone (which was through RMB)...I thought that those of you who can remember the olden days should know of her passing. Sad news.
>
> Danny

IIRC, Kathy started a Cynthia Lennon fan club in the 60s, and went on to become a big champion of John's aunt Mimi Smith -- a curious progression given how nasty Mimi was towards Cynthia (see Cynthia's book John).

Will Dockery

Nov 12, 2022, 7:05:23 AM11/12/22
On Sunday, August 14, 2022 at 1:59:26 AM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
Forgery and Identity Theft reported ^^^^^^^^^

Will Dockery

Nov 12, 2022, 7:06:41 AM11/12/22
Thanks, it's a forgery and identity theft of my name and photo, though

🙂