Rare Glimpse of John's Marriage and Home Life circa 1967

I WUV YA DUBYA

Jul 20, 2003, 7:52:50 PM7/20/03
I got a nice response from the rare 1965 interview with John and Paul I
posted yesterday, so I decided to continue my policy of "sharing the wealth"
from my vast collection of Beatles-related print material.

Today, I am posting an article from a "Monkee Spectacular" magazine from
late 1967. It was written by Phyllis Nesmith, the first wife of Mike
Nesmith of the Monkees. When the Nesmiths went to England In February 1967,
the Lennons invited them to stay at their home. Their visit coincided with
the making of Sgt. Pepper. But before arriving at John's house, the
Nesmiths attended the infamous "A Day In The Life" orchestral recording
session. Phyllis describes the scene at the session and later at the
Lennons' house.

The article is a sort of time capsule that reveals more about the state of
Phyllis Nesmith's and Cynthia Lennon's respective marriages at that moment
in time than it does about their famous husbands.

I have literally dozens of Beatles-related "first-hand" reports like this
from that long-ago era. If there's any interest here, I will post more.
Some are buried in musty fan magazines, others in old copies of mainstream
publications like Cosmopolitan and Redbook. All were written with a sense
of innocence that has long since been replaced by cynicism and pandering
sensationalism. The mid to late '60's was a state of mind that can never
ever happen again. Only those of us who are old enough to actually remember
the mood and mindset of that time will even understand what I'm talking
about.

A Weekend With John & Cynthia Lennon (told exclusively to "Monkee
Spectacular" by Phyllis Nesmith)

When Mike and I left for our first vacation in England I had some wild ideas
about what I wanted to see and do, but I never dreamed we would spend an
entire weekend with John and Cynthia Lennon! When we first arrived in
London, we wanted to call John Lennon, even though we'd never met him. We
wanted very much to take them to dinner so we sent him a telegram.

John never responded to our telegram, but the next night we received an
invitation to a Beatles' recording session at EMI studios. John met us there
and told us he got our telegram and thought it was great. He knew it would
be hard to get together, so he waited to invite us to the session. At the
end of the session John and Cyn invited us to spend the weekend with them!
The session itself was the wildest thing I've seen in my whole life. First
of all, it was a very private thing -- everyone was there by invitation
only. The Stones were there, Marianne Faithful, and Patti Harrison, among
many others. The only Beatle wife who wasn't there was Maureen Starkey
because she wasn't feeling well.

I was so nervous! It seemed like such a freaky scene because I didn't know
what was going on. The four Beatles were so cordial, I can't begin to tell
you! We walked in and sat by the door on two little chairs and Paul came
over and said "Hello, how are you, its good to see you." We had met Paul at
a night club the night before. When we first came in, everyone else was
seated at one end of the studio and they were laughing and talking and the
orchestra was tuning up. And you should have seen the orchestra! They wore
white ties and tails and they all had false noses and weird glasses!

Paul was doing most of the work with the orchestra, so George Harrison came
over to us and he was so outgoing and nice. Finally John came over and
thanked us for the telegram and said, "Come on down and meet Cyn" and he
made us feel so at ease. We all went down and John introduced me to Cynthia
and I sat down and said, "I'm so nervous." She said, "Hold on, this isn't
really my scene, you know, I'm nervous too." She said that John had told her
to put on something wild, so she wore these wild purple pajama pants that
seemed way too tight on her. Everyone else was also dressed really freaky.

When we sat down, the idea of the session was to record everyone talking and
laughing. All the girls except Cynthia and I were walking around the
orchestra with burning sparklers! Cynthia and I talked and we found that
our reactions to our husbands and their fame were so much alike we really
hit it off. We agreed that it was important to our family and our husbands
to maintain a sense of proportion throughout the whole thing. It wasn't so
much expressed in words, I knew she felt the same way. We said that it was
hard to be married to a person who was affected by so many outside things.
You really have to be on your toes and you have to really love him in order
for that not to make any difference.

You have to be able to sort out the hang-ups that come from the outside and
affect your husband -- what really pertains to your own relationship and
really keep a sense of proportion about that, then you're going to have a
groovy relationship no matter what it looks like to the outside world. I
think John acts toward Cyn very much like Mike acts towards me -- he sort of
keeps her in good humor. She has a tendency, like I do, to be overly
sensitive to harsh remarks. Sometimes John teases her and she starts to
take offense and then he says, "Oh, Cyn, don't do that." Then she can laugh
and she knows it doesn't have anything to do with her.

Cynthia is very thoughtful and very quiet. She's very sensitive because she
had an awful lot to go through. I never travel on tour with Mike, so I
don't go through the airport scenes. I don't go to any press interviews or
anything like that. And I don't feel left out because I understand that
when Mike is going through all of that, it's very hard on him. There is a
lot of loneliness and inactivity being on tour -- sitting in a hotel room,
getting all excited about the performance, being let down when it's over.
You go through changes and I know if I were with Mike for more than two or
three days on tour there would be tension between us.

John was telling us that Cynthia never goes with him because he treats her
so shabbily, and he feels bad about taking it out on her. I'm sure that
Cynthia loves her husband and I don't think she's unhappy at all. I think
living with John Lennon forces her to change, to expand her life and
outlook. People are like weathervanes -- they change directions with the
wind. She may wish for peaceful moments and they may not come to her too
often, but that's not really "unhappiness" -- it's more like acceptance of
her lot.

She thinks she is as vital to John as his right arm and I'm sure she
believes that. I haven't always been perfectly content myself. I don't
know if I'll ever be able to say that I'm fulfilled because that feels like
such a nothing state of being to me. There is something more than that
sense of accomplishment, it's progress and growing, never standing still.
Sometimes you think you feel unhappiness, but it isn't -- it's learning and
compromising.

The Lennons live in a big old brick house with lots of high ceilings and
staircases that wind up three floors. Mike and I sort of wandered through
the house during our weekend there. I remember the dining room -- there's a
huge banquet table and the walls are covered in purple velvet! It's very
rich and very comfortable; it's great. John has a lot of freaky psychedelic
art and a lot of little knick-knacks that are hard to describe. There was
so much stuff all over the place. In the breakfast room, John has wildly
colored shelves. He's on a kick of wildly colored things, so he had a
friend paint a piano with flowers and designs and every key on the keyboard
is a different color! It goes through all the shades from light to the
darkest. The wildest thing of all is his Rolls Royce car. It's yellow with
all the flowers on the side. It really blew our minds; it's beautiful.

The Rolls is really fantastic. It has a built-in record player, though I
can't imagine how you could play it when the car is moving over bumps. It
also has a TV, a tape recorder, and a telephone. We didn't go many places
in the car, except Cyn took me to Maureen Starkey's house. I never did meet
Ringo's little boy -- he was out for a walk. But we had tea with Maureen
and talked endlessly. We enjoyed that. Julian Lennon is a very withdrawn
and seemingly lonely child. He may be going through one of those stages
where he's very shy, but he refused to speak to us. A record was on and he
was dancing. He amuses himself nicely. He's very quiet.

The whole weekend was so relaxing. Cyn and I cooked a big Sunday dinner.
She made a roast and some great potatoes. The potatoes are really the best
thing about English cooking. I watched how she made them so I could learn
how. She peeled them, cut them into chunks, boiled them for awhile, then
about 20 minutes before the roast was done she put them with the roast in
the juices. The outside of the potatoes were all brown and crispy and the
inside was almost as soft as mashed potatoes. They were the best potatoes
I've ever put in my mouth though I expect I'm a bit fatter because of them.

John showed us some movies the first night we were there. They were really
weird films -- like art films. Then we talked for awhile and went to bed.
The next day we just sat around the whole day and had tea and talked. John
played the unfinished and unmixed tracks to "Sgt. Pepper" (it wasn't out yet
then) and that was so exciting to us. Their music seems worlds away from
what Mike and the others are recording.

I'll never forget the weekend, it was great just to relax and get to know
such wonderful people. They mentioned to us they loved fresh grapefruit, but
couldn't get it in London. When we got home I went to the Farmers' Market
and had a whole crate sent to them. Although I never heard back from them,
I hope they liked it.

Skirmishd

Jul 20, 2003, 9:01:09 PM7/20/03
>lkj...@yahoo.com
>Date: 7/20/2003 5:52 PM Mountain om>
(Interesting article snipped)

I really enjoyed your posts and hope you keep them coming. That article really
captured the feel of those times, when we girls took home ec and the boys took
shop. We were supposed to grow up to be supportive wives to our husbands, lol!
I don't think my husband will say I'm the perfect wife, but I don't serve him
like his mother did.

The parts about the psychedelic car and home furnishings brought me a great
sense of nostalgia. Oh, the colors back then! Now, everything is so mauve or
taupe.

Thank you

Mister Charlie

Jul 20, 2003, 9:18:04 PM7/20/03
Thanks for posting this stuff. Quite interesting.

Beatlology

Jul 20, 2003, 10:56:00 PM7/20/03
Great time capsule - please continue to post these as they are truly
interesting first person accounts of the time.

One observation on this piece though. It states they visited in
February 1967 and mentions John's psychedelic Rolls. Well, the Rolls
was black [it's the same one that took them to meet the Queen for their
MBEs] and was painted and delivered to John in May, just weeks before
Pepper was released. Just wondering how she could account for it when
it had not yet been painted.

Yours truly,
Andrew Croft, Publisher
Beatlology Magazine - http://www.beatlology.com

In article <3f1b2...@corp-news.newsgroups.com>, I WUV YA DUBYA

paramucho

Jul 20, 2003, 11:43:57 PM7/20/03
On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 19:52:50 -0400, "I WUV YA DUBYA"
<lkj...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>I have literally dozens of Beatles-related "first-hand" reports like this
>from that long-ago era. If there's any interest here, I will post more.
>Some are buried in musty fan magazines, others in old copies of mainstream
>publications like Cosmopolitan and Redbook. All were written with a sense
>of innocence that has long since been replaced by cynicism and pandering
>sensationalism. The mid to late '60's was a state of mind that can never
>ever happen again. Only those of us who are old enough to actually remember
>the mood and mindset of that time will even understand what I'm talking
>about.

Anything from the sixties is wonderful particularly if it deals the
music.

Many thanks for this stuff.

--
Ian
Impressive If Haughty - Q Magazine

Stephen X. Carter

Jul 21, 2003, 2:50:05 AM7/21/03
On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 22:56:00 -0400, Beatlology
<nos...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Great time capsule - please continue to post these as they are truly
>interesting first person accounts of the time.
>
>One observation on this piece though. It states they visited in
>February 1967 and mentions John's psychedelic Rolls. Well, the Rolls
>was black [it's the same one that took them to meet the Queen for their
>MBEs] and was painted and delivered to John in May, just weeks before
>Pepper was released. Just wondering how she could account for it when
>it had not yet been painted.

LOL!

Perhaps because, like the poster's earlier claim to have
**EVERY** printed reference to the Beatles.... it's a
fanciful invention.

--
st...@stephencarterNOSPAM.net
Nothing is Beatle Proof!!

voice from the past

Jul 21, 2003, 3:54:32 AM7/21/03
"I WUV YA DUBYA" <lkj...@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<3f1b2...@corp-news.newsgroups.com>...

> I have literally dozens of Beatles-related "first-hand" reports like this
> from that long-ago era. If there's any interest here, I will post more.
> Some are buried in musty fan magazines, others in old copies of mainstream
> publications like Cosmopolitan and Redbook. All were written with a sense
> of innocence that has long since been replaced by cynicism and pandering
> sensationalism. The mid to late '60's was a state of mind that can never
> ever happen again. Only those of us who are old enough to actually remember
> the mood and mindset of that time will even understand what I'm talking
> about.

Finally, sanity in a post of Beatles history. The articles speak for
themselves, better than the surviving Beatles can do, since they are
different people today. I am often left feeling lonely by the way
typical people remember far less than I do. It's like it was lived in
vain: today is lived and forgotten before my toe stops tapping. Thank
God for journalism.

I remember an interview in '65 of Paul, who was reclining on patio
furniture drinking wine and discussing the future of his music. I
remember the music I wrote that afternoon on the back lawn. As I hum
it now I know I never did find the bridge to that piece, but it was
McCartney inspired, and quite melodic.

The articles show that the history of the Beatles had little to do
with the issues of today; the contemporary then had enough thoughts of
its own than to serve coming generations with their insecurities.

Keep them coming: Your posts are genuine to the topic: TREASURES.

voice from the past

I WUV YA DUBYA

Jul 21, 2003, 5:42:58 AM7/21/03

"Stephen X. Carter" <steve@[127.0.0.1]> wrote in message

I challenge you or anyone else who has access to the original magazine to
look it up and come back here and tell me I made up or embellished the
article. I cannot speak for Phyllis Nesmith or when exactly John had his
Rolls painted. But I suspect you are p*ssed off that someone else has a
more extensive collection of Beatle print archives than you do.

Grow up.

Byrdbrother

Jul 21, 2003, 5:59:24 AM7/21/03
The wildest thing of all is his Rolls Royce car. It's yellow with
> all the flowers on the side. It really blew our minds; it's beautiful.
>
> The Rolls is really fantastic. It has a built-in record player, though I
> can't imagine how you could play it when the car is moving over bumps. It
> also has a TV, a tape recorder, and a telephone.

This article is most probably a complete fabrication. It basically
rehashes known details about Kenwood (John's house), which was
described in detail by the magazine Beatles Monthly during the
recording of Sgt Pepper.

And yes, the Rolls was indeed painted (or delivered) late May 67 which
makes the proposed date of this meeting all wrong.
I mean, you would hardly forget seeing that car if you had!
So maybe she got the date wrong?
Well in that case John wouldn't be playing "unfinished" tracks from
Sgt Pepper, as the album was finished by that time.
And given the sheer news value of a Monkee staying at John Lennon's
home I seriously doubt this could have passed unnoticed at the time.

Stephen X. Carter

Jul 21, 2003, 9:45:23 AM7/21/03

LOL! I, at least, don't claim ". I happen to own every
book , magazine, and newspaper ever printed about the
Beatles, including those that merely mentioned the Beatles
name. In short, I own a copy of every printed reference to
the Beatles ever published." - which is self evidently a
nonsensical claim - even for the Library of Congress!!

Get real buster!

Stephen X. Carter

Jul 21, 2003, 9:46:34 AM7/21/03
On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 05:42:58 -0400, "I WUV YA DUBYA"
<lkj...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>I challenge you or anyone else who has access to the original magazine to
>look it up and come back here and tell me I made up or embellished the
>article.

OK - cite the magazine, date, page number etc and folk can
try to check it.

Until then... case not proven!

voice from the past

Jul 21, 2003, 12:02:32 PM7/21/03
"I WUV YA DUBYA" <lkj...@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<3f1bb...@corp-news.newsgroups.com>...

Maybe it's "wake up" that needs to be done for those who are just
beginning to see that sloppy history has been written about most
things, and journalism is the tool of precision that makes it so.

Just scan the front page of the article and post it, please. This
will be enlightening.

voice from the past

voice from the past

Jul 21, 2003, 12:04:48 PM7/21/03
ande...@hotmail.com (Byrdbrother) wrote in message news:<539a6a26.0307...@posting.google.com>...

Or, I should say: Journalism PROVES historians sloppy.

voice from the past

I WUV YA DUBYA

Jul 21, 2003, 4:52:56 PM7/21/03

"poisoned rose" <pros...@nospam.aol.com> wrote in message

> This "I WUV YA DUBYA" guy is obviously a bit of a kook,

I am a hardcore Beatles collector. I have acquired ALL of the Beatles
released and unreleased recordings...every note of music and spoken word
they ever committed to tape, I have also collected ALL of the printed
references to the Beatles ever published. Obviously, that particular area
of collecting is ongoing since the Beatles' name continues to appear in
print all the time. I suspect there are some collectors here who don't like
the fact that one of their own has acquired such an extensive collection
that exceeds their own. It bothers them to be beaten in their field, I
guess.

I am NOT a kook. If you don't want to read the articles I post, that's OK
by me. I'm the one who owns all these extremely rare, fascinating, and
long-forgotten articles in their original form....and you don't.

Deal with it.

voice from the past

Jul 21, 2003, 6:32:21 PM7/21/03
ande...@hotmail.com (Byrdbrother) wrote in message news:<539a6a26.0307...@posting.google.com>...

> This article is most probably a complete fabrication. It basically
> rehashes known details about Kenwood (John's house), which was
> described in detail by the magazine Beatles Monthly during the
> recording of Sgt Pepper.

It would be fun if you were a writer to pretend all this, as the magic
man with "every" issue of everything ever printed, but don't be too
sure.

> And yes, the Rolls was indeed painted (or delivered) late May 67 which
> makes the proposed date of this meeting all wrong.
> I mean, you would hardly forget seeing that car if you had!
> So maybe she got the date wrong?
> Well in that case John wouldn't be playing "unfinished" tracks from
> Sgt Pepper, as the album was finished by that time.
> And given the sheer news value of a Monkee staying at John Lennon's
> home I seriously doubt this could have passed unnoticed at the time.

I am absolutely convinced that we never hear about most things that
happened. Life is larger than life is believed to be; like it was
someone's contrivance---such is life in reality: amazingly
coincedental and incredibly like it was destined. The story of life
in general is like a very badly written screenplay. I believe the
contrivances of this fate are real, and they will actually fool all
but the savvy.

voice from the past

Kathy

Jul 21, 2003, 10:09:16 PM7/21/03
ande...@hotmail.com (Byrdbrother) wrote in message

>> This article is most probably a complete fabrication. It basically
>> rehashes known details about Kenwood (John's house), which was
>> described in detail by the magazine Beatles Monthly during the
>> recording of Sgt Pepper.

<<BASELESS SPECULATION SNIPPED>>

>> And given the sheer news value of a Monkee staying at John Lennon's
>> home I seriously doubt this could have passed unnoticed at the time.

Cynthia Lennon wrote about the Nesmiths visit to Kenwood in her book so
apparently it could have passed unnoticed at the time.

It's a bit naive to regard any information that's unknown to you as probably
"complete fabrication" simply because you haven't heard it before.

Trust me. You haven't heard *most* of it.

MrP

Jul 22, 2003, 12:29:47 AM7/22/03

Yup, me too thanks

Stephen X. Carter

Jul 22, 2003, 2:50:35 AM7/22/03

and then he wrote:

>I am NOT a kook.

... and we are expected to believe him/her!

I would not venture to query anyone who says that they have
a HUGE collection, but this continual emphasis on the "ALL".

Self evidently an impossibility.

Byrdbrother

Jul 22, 2003, 10:15:43 AM7/22/03
taff...@aol.comnojunk (Kathy) wrote in message news:<20030721220916...@mb-m11.aol.com>...

I have to admit I was wrong in calling this a "complete fabrication".
Mike Nesmith was indeed at the "DITL" session, a fact that had escaped
me to tell the truth. (see
http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Palms/8472/beatmonk.html)

But my point was rather that articles that appeared in American fan
mags were not necessarily accurate or even true. A lot of articles
were simply made up to fill the pages if no "real" news was available.
The reason I figured this might be one of those was the factual error
regarding the psychedelic rolls, which you call "baseless
speculation".
The car had not been painted at the time described, and that is a fact
(source: Derek Taylor "It Was 20 Years ago Today", but I'm sure there
are others).

So what made Phyllis write that she saw something that *didn't exist*
in an article written only months after the meeting?

Any number of reasons I guess. Maybe the article was ghost-written
according to a verbal account by Phyllis over the phone, and the hack
decided to embellish the story a little - who knows?
If one fact in an article is patently untrue it casts doubts on the
accuracy of the rest of the story, does it not?

But it was still a charming read (gotta try Cyn's roast potatoes one
day!), accurate or not, and it was not my intention to discourage the
original poster from sharing his collection of articles.

voice from the past

Jul 22, 2003, 12:33:08 PM7/22/03
taff...@aol.comnojunk (Kathy) wrote in message news:<20030721220916...@mb-m11.aol.com>...

I never got a copy of "A Twist of Lennon". What did she say about the visit?

voice from the past

R.A.G. Seely

Jul 22, 2003, 10:57:33 PM7/22/03

> I have also collected ALL of the printed references to the Beatles
> ever published.

In that case, I would be interested in your listing the people quoted in
the Montreal Gazette when it published its special tribute section
following George's death, and provide an exact transcription of the section
contributed by a regular rmb'er. You may if you wish restrict yourself to
those comments dealing with George as a Beatle, rather than as a solo
artist, if your collection doesn't deal with the solo careers.

-= rags =-

--
<rags_AT_math.mcgill.ca>
<http://www.math.mcgill.ca/rags>

Stephen X. Carter

Jul 22, 2003, 11:18:59 PM7/22/03
On 22 Jul 2003 09:33:08 -0700, tima...@hotmail.com (voice
from the past) wrote:

Almost nothing!

2 (?) sentences. No clear pinpoint of date. Complains
about Mrs Nesmith telling her how to prepare Mike's
breakfast.

KMattson40

Jul 23, 2003, 1:11:01 AM7/23/03
Both of the articles DUBYA has shared with us thus far are also on a website
called psycho-jello.com - so unless DUBYA is also "Meg" from psycho-jello -
which of course is entirely possible - she/he might just be doin' a little
copy-n-paste for us ("Meg" doesn't mention anything on the psycho-jello site
about owning Every Reference Ever - but maybe she/he only blusters when in
newsgroups...).

Mister Frank

Jul 23, 2003, 1:48:56 PM7/23/03
john was unhappy until he met yoko. she tought him about art.

Ma Barker

Jul 23, 2003, 7:05:03 PM7/23/03
What interests me most about this post is the description of the potatoes
Cyn made. I would pay money to have a plate full of those potatoes with a
salt shaker, a bottle of ketchup, and huge mug of cold lager.

Makes my mouth water.

voice from the past

Jul 23, 2003, 9:00:31 PM7/23/03
steve@[127.0.0.1] (Stephen X. Carter) wrote in message news:<3f1dfe6c.1742764@localhost>...>
> 2 (?) sentences. No clear pinpoint of date. Complains
> about Mrs Nesmith telling her how to prepare Mike's
> breakfast.

What...that he ate his Cap'n Crunch cereal with a soupspoon?

voice from the past

voice from the past

Jul 23, 2003, 9:02:38 PM7/23/03
misterf...@hotmail.com (Mister Frank) wrote in message news:<5d2e8782.03072...@posting.google.com>...

> john was unhappy until he met yoko. she tought him about art.

John's life with narcotics and psychedlics was unhappy without an enabler.

voice from the past

Mister Charlie

Jul 23, 2003, 9:45:50 PM7/23/03

"voice from the past" <tima...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Not unlike whatever in the world it is that enables -you-. Why not take
your sanctimonious psychobabble crap somewhere where it would be
appreciated? Maybe Patrobertson.org?

(For the record John was not constantly on drugs long, tho he continued
to smoke pot til he died and flirted with others in the early 70's).

voice from the past

Jul 24, 2003, 4:02:28 AM7/24/03
"Mister Charlie" <smoker...@myway.com> wrote in message news:<bfndrg$golnk$1...@ID-63206.news.uni-berlin.de>...

> "voice from the past" <tima...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > misterf...@hotmail.com (Mister Frank) wrote in message
> > > john was unhappy until he met yoko. she tought him about art.
> >
> > John's life with narcotics and psychedlics was unhappy without an
> enabler.
> >
> > voice from the past
>
> Not unlike whatever in the world it is that enables -you-. Why not take
> your sanctimonious psychobabble crap somewhere where it would be
> appreciated? Maybe Patrobertson.org?

ANOTHER HATE CRIMINAL

DO YOU HATE "NIGGERS" TOO? Do they get uppity?...I bet they do...

To report the truth about John Lennon has to be an affront to someone
who is abberent. To an abberent person, any negative truth would be
sanctimonious; too bad...what happened to you?

> (For the record John was not constantly on drugs long, tho he continued
> to smoke pot til he died and flirted with others in the early 70's).

That's why the doctors said his body looked like he was 75, I
imagine...hmmm?

I guess they let your psychobabble in here...

voice from the past

brilton

Jul 24, 2003, 6:34:18 AM7/24/03

voice from the past wrote:

> "Mister Charlie" <smoker...@myway.com> wrote in message news:<bfndrg$golnk$1...@ID-63206.news.uni-berlin.de>...
> > "voice from the past" <tima...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > misterf...@hotmail.com (Mister Frank) wrote in message
> > >
> > > John's life with narcotics and psychedlics was unhappy without an
> > enabler.
> > >
> > > voice from the past
> >
> > Not unlike whatever in the world it is that enables -you-. Why not take
> > your sanctimonious psychobabble crap somewhere where it would be
> > appreciated? Maybe Patrobertson.org?
>
> ANOTHER HATE CRIMINAL
>
> DO YOU HATE "NIGGERS" TOO? Do they get uppity?...I bet they do...

Keep digging that hole for yourself you fruitcake. Good on ya.

Mister Charlie

Jul 24, 2003, 10:22:12 AM7/24/03

"voice from the past" <tima...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "Mister Charlie" <smoker...@myway.com> wrote in message
> > "voice from the past" <tima...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > misterf...@hotmail.com (Mister Frank) wrote in message
> > >
> > > John's life with narcotics and psychedlics was unhappy without an
> > enabler.
> > >
> > > voice from the past
> >
> > Not unlike whatever in the world it is that enables -you-. Why not
take
> > your sanctimonious psychobabble crap somewhere where it would be
> > appreciated? Maybe Patrobertson.org?
>
> ANOTHER HATE CRIMINAL

I agree. Robertson should be jailed and any idiot follower of his as
well. I assume that would mean you.

> DO YOU HATE "NIGGERS" TOO?

What an asshole. *I* don't, but obviously you'll say just about
anything, loser.

> Do they get uppity?...I bet they do...

Babble on. Proves my case far better than yours.

> To report the truth about John Lennon has to be an affront to someone
> who is abberent.

You're an unbalanced and possibly dangerous zealot. Calling your tripe
truth is just one of your many mistakes.

> To an abberent person, any negative truth would be
> sanctimonious;

Not at all...to an original-thought-challenged person such as yourself
the word 'truth' is a larf. You're like passing gas, all blustery foul
wind with no eventual substance.

> too bad...what happened to you?

Good question.

> > (For the record John was not constantly on drugs long, tho he
continued
> > to smoke pot til he died and flirted with others in the early 70's).
>
> That's why the doctors said his body looked like he was 75, I
> imagine...hmmm?

When you make stupid statements try to cite a source. John was heavily
into macrobiotic foods and always had an almost anorexic approach to
eating after Help!
But then, wouldn't want the facts to get in the way of your deeply
delusional fantasies, would you?

> I guess they let your psychobabble in here...

Ouchies.

> voice from the past

No shit. Attilla the Hun's time period apparently.

voice from the past

Jul 24, 2003, 6:39:26 PM7/24/03
"Mister Charlie" <smoker...@myway.com> wrote in message news:<bfoq5o$gu3b9$1...@ID-63206.news.uni-berlin.de>...

> "voice from the past" <tima...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > "Mister Charlie" <smoker...@myway.com> wrote in message
> > > "voice from the past" <tima...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> enabler.

> > > Not unlike whatever in the world it is that enables -you-. Why not
> take
> > > your sanctimonious psychobabble crap somewhere where it would be
> > > appreciated? Maybe Patrobertson.org?
> >
> > ANOTHER HATE CRIMINAL
>
> I agree. Robertson should be jailed and any idiot follower of his as
> well. I assume that would mean you.

I don't agree with Christian activism; living in the USA means that we
have a vote, but I consider that more of an invasion of privacy of
what I think. It has never been and never will be the job of a
Christian to change the policies of the world for better
morality---for a safer world, yes. A Christian starts with himself.
The blatherings of hate criminals never has a conscience, no matter
how abruptly it can be pointed out to them.

> > DO YOU HATE "NIGGERS" TOO?
>
> What an asshole. *I* don't, but obviously you'll say just about
> anything, loser.

You ever take any english classes in school? Are you acquainted with
the quotation mark? Just wondering...

> > Do they get uppity?...I bet they do...
>
> Babble on. Proves my case far better than yours.

I bet they really bug you, huh...

How 'bout jews?

> > To report the truth about John Lennon has to be an affront to someone
> > who is abberent.
>
> You're an unbalanced and possibly dangerous zealot. Calling your tripe
> truth is just one of your many mistakes.

To your hero worship of John Lennon I play taps.

Don't blame me for his decimated body.

It's a horrible tragedy that took his mind before it took his body,
and then the murderer finished him off.

> > To an abberent person, any negative truth would be
> > sanctimonious;
>
> Not at all...to an original-thought-challenged person such as yourself
> the word 'truth' is a larf. You're like passing gas, all blustery foul
> wind with no eventual substance.

If it's feces you're after, I won't be there for you. You defy
reality from your stalwart position of dittohead Beatle history buff,
holding your hands before your face and tell me about original
thinking. Right.

> > That's why the doctors said his body looked like he was 75, I
> > imagine...hmmm?
>
> When you make stupid statements try to cite a source.

Why don't you look back at the newspapers.

John was heavily
> into macrobiotic foods and always had an almost anorexic approach to
> eating after Help!

He was a rich drug addict.

> But then, wouldn't want the facts to get in the way of your deeply
> delusional fantasies, would you?

Yeah, that's it: I sent drugs and barrels of booze into Lennon's body
via telepathy.

> > I guess they let your psychobabble in here...
>
> Ouchies.

snickers...

> No shit. Attilla the Hun's time period apparently.

I never thought Attilla was much of a hun myself.

Any more hate crime for the Christian?

Just sign your name after:

I HATE YOU, I HATE YOU, I HATE YOU...

Love,

voice from the past

voice from the past

Jul 24, 2003, 9:12:29 PM7/24/03
brilton <bri...@hctocsrettub.hep> wrote in message news:<3F1FB623...@hctocsrettub.hep>...

Eloquence escapes you, but your hatred doesn't escape anyone else.

voice from the past

Mister Charlie

Jul 24, 2003, 9:15:32 PM7/24/03

"voice from the past" <tima...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "Mister Charlie" <smoker...@myway.com> wrote in message

> > > ANOTHER HATE CRIMINAL
> >
> > I agree. Robertson should be jailed and any idiot follower of his
as
> > well. I assume that would mean you.
> >
> I don't agree with Christian activism; living in the USA means that we
> have a vote, but I consider that more of an invasion of privacy of
> what I think. It has never been and never will be the job of a
> Christian to change the policies of the world for better
> morality---for a safer world, yes. A Christian starts with himself.
> The blatherings of hate criminals never has a conscience, no matter
> how abruptly it can be pointed out to them.

Good Lord. You do have a cogent moment now and then?

> > > DO YOU HATE "NIGGERS" TOO?
> >
> > What an asshole. *I* don't, but obviously you'll say just about
> > anything, loser.
> >

> You ever take any english classes in school? Are you acquainted with
> the quotation mark? Just wondering...

No. I'm Lithuanian. Please explain to me what YOU intended to mean
with the quotation marks.

> > > Do they get uppity?...I bet they do...

Certainly seems to tie into what *I* read above. As if it needed
amplification.

> > Babble on. Proves my case far better than yours.
> > >

> I bet they really bug you, huh...

You mean people like you with minds as tightly closed as a frog's ass?
Yup.

> How 'bout jews?

What's the matter with Jews? Don't they deserve your patented quotation
marks?

> > > To report the truth about John Lennon has to be an affront to
someone
> > > who is abberent.
> >
> > You're an unbalanced and possibly dangerous zealot. Calling your
tripe
> > truth is just one of your many mistakes.
> >

> To your hero worship of John Lennon I play taps.

I worship no one.

> Don't blame me for his decimated body.
>
> It's a horrible tragedy that took his mind before it took his body,
> and then the murderer finished him off.

Kind of like what must be happening to you right now, huh?

> > > To an abberent person, any negative truth would be
> > > sanctimonious;
> >
> > Not at all...to an original-thought-challenged person such as
yourself
> > the word 'truth' is a larf. You're like passing gas, all blustery
foul
> > wind with no eventual substance.
> >

> If it's feces you're after, I won't be there for you. You defy
> reality from your stalwart position of dittohead Beatle history buff,
> holding your hands before your face and tell me about original
> thinking. Right.

Back uop your statement. You can't because I favor neither Paul nor
John, or the other two. I can criticize them as well as I can praise
them. This isn't about advocacy (as with your pathetic religious
squalerings), it's simply about discussion.

But when some self-appointed idiot like you is wrong, I'm going to point
it out. And you're wrong, and have been every post I've ever read.

> > > That's why the doctors said his body looked like he was 75, I
> > > imagine...hmmm?
> >
> > When you make stupid statements try to cite a source.
>
> Why don't you look back at the newspapers.

Why don't you put your balls where your mouth is? Cite your source,
please.

> John was heavily
> > into macrobiotic foods and always had an almost anorexic approach to
> > eating after Help!
>
> He was a rich drug addict.

Yes, yes, that's a realistic argument to my statement. Yes, you are far
above us all, aren't you Mister Intellect? He was rich. He used drugs.
He was only an addict clinically speaking for a very short time. What
he was was creative, open-minded and able to see past his prominent
beak, all things you clearly are not.

> > But then, wouldn't want the facts to get in the way of your deeply
> > delusional fantasies, would you?
>
> Yeah, that's it: I sent drugs and barrels of booze into Lennon's body
> via telepathy.

More meaningless blather. Try focusing on what's being said and
answering such, or just stop bothering. It's like talking to a 2 year
old.

> > > I guess they let your psychobabble in here...
> >
> > Ouchies.
> > >

> snickers...

Of course a good Christian like you would enjoy inflicting pain.

> > No shit. Attilla the Hun's time period apparently.
>
> I never thought Attilla was much of a hun myself.

ar ar

> Any more hate crime for the Christian?
>
> Just sign your name after:
>
> I HATE YOU, I HATE YOU, I HATE YOU...
>
> Love,
>
> voice from the past

Truly a disturbed toon.

Mister Charlie

Jul 24, 2003, 9:21:44 PM7/24/03

You sure like to talk about *others* hatred an awful lot. I'd sugest
therapy to unconstipate your mind so you can see how much projecting you
do unto others.

Teddy

Jul 24, 2003, 11:29:13 PM7/24/03
Just 2 things:

John had gone to school to be "tought" about art way back when, and

I just hate it when anti-semitism creeps in everywhere. Look, this
started out as a thread about an article in a teen magazine about 60s
pop stars, and it was probably heavily sanitized for the readers'
protection. If you look back at "16" and "Tiger Beat" and all of
those, everything was groov-ee and awfully wholesome. Why aren't we
laughing about how much this story sounds like it took place at a
country club? But we got the axe-to-grind crowd, so John gets smashed
around, then the Jews, and blah blah blah...didn't you even notice, no
drinking, no smoking, esp. no wacky tobaccy? Just--those potatoes.
What, no Klan meeting tonight?

brilton

Jul 25, 2003, 7:34:39 AM7/25/03

I can as eloquent as I like, but it would be a wasted effort when it comes to you. After all, why use the dirk when
the cudgel will do, eh?

Like I said voice from the fart, keep digging that hole for yourself. Good on ya!

brilton

Jul 25, 2003, 7:40:04 AM7/25/03

Mister Charlie wrote:

> > Any more hate crime for the Christian?
> >
> > Just sign your name after:
> >
> > I HATE YOU, I HATE YOU, I HATE YOU...
> >
> > Love,
> >
> > voice from the past
>
> Truly a disturbed toon.

Well he *is* somewhat reminiscent of a badly drawn caricature, so, yeah,
"disturbed toon" is pretty apt.

Mister Frank

Jul 25, 2003, 3:10:11 PM7/25/03
tima...@hotmail.com (voice from the past) wrote in message news:<d9dcb939.03072...@posting.google.com>...

john rarely used drugs. smoked a bit of herb here and there. not much else.

Ehtue

Jul 26, 2003, 8:48:57 AM7/26/03
Mister Frank writes:

>> > john was unhappy until he met yoko. she tought him about art.
>>
>> John's life with narcotics and psychedlics was unhappy without an
>> enabler.
>

> john rarely used drugs. smoked a bit of herb here and there. not much
> else.

Riiight.

RJKe...@yahoo.com

Nov 2, 2021, 2:51:45 PM11/2/21
> [...]
> inside was almost as soft as mashed potatoes. They were the best potatoes
> I've ever put in my mouth though I expect I'm a bit fatter because of them.
> John showed us some movies the first night we were there. They were really
> weird films -- like art films. Then we talked for awhile and went to bed.
> The next day we just sat around the whole day and had tea and talked. John
> played the unfinished and unmixed tracks to "Sgt. Pepper" (it wasn't out yet
> then) and that was so exciting to us. Their music seems worlds away from
> what Mike and the others are recording.
> I'll never forget the weekend, it was great just to relax and get to know
> such wonderful people. They mentioned to us they loved fresh grapefruit, but
> couldn't get it in London. When we got home I went to the Farmers' Market
> and had a whole crate sent to them. Although I never heard back from them,

Interesting article and new to me.

Norbert K

Nov 3, 2021, 7:29:21 AM11/3/21
On Monday, July 21, 2003 at 10:09:16 PM UTC-4, Kathy wrote:
> ande...@hotmail.com (Byrdbrother) wrote in message
> >> This article is most probably a complete fabrication. It basically
> >> rehashes known details about Kenwood (John's house), which was
> >> described in detail by the magazine Beatles Monthly during the
> >> recording of Sgt Pepper.
> <<BASELESS SPECULATION SNIPPED>>
> >> And given the sheer news value of a Monkee staying at John Lennon's
> >> home I seriously doubt this could have passed unnoticed at the time.
> >
> Cynthia Lennon wrote about the Nesmiths visit to Kenwood in her book so
> apparently it could have passed unnoticed at the time.
> It's a bit naive to regard any information that's unknown to you as probably
> "complete fabrication" simply because you haven't heard it before.
> Trust me. You haven't heard *most* of it.

I love how the RMB regulars of that time ganged up on this person in response to his generous sharing of the article.

Cynthia Lennon wrote about her weeekend wth the Nesmiths in her book John. She and Phyllis Nesmith were also photographed together.

Megan Meadows

Nov 17, 2021, 4:41:26 AM11/17/21
We CAN remove Tax Liens,
Repo’s, Late Payments & Bankruptcies from your credit!
The Credit People can help!
Text us now at (614) 414-2437. Reply STOP to Cancel