Happiness is a Warm Pen: He bag production...

John Doherty

Jan 5, 2011, 1:36:28 PM1/5/11
a salute to the Beatles' producer, on the occasion of his 84th
birthday...

http://www.johndoherty.com/hiawp.html

--

All follow-ups are directed to the newsgroup rec.music.beatles.moderated.
If your follow-up more properly belongs in the unmoderated newsgroup, please

Martin Hofner

Jan 5, 2011, 7:25:48 PM1/5/11
With all due respect for the love of the Beatles...and Happiness is a
Warm Pen...Well, lest not I be critical....

ermitano

Jan 6, 2011, 12:51:51 PM1/6/11

i don't like the smile, seems like if it's from another kind of drawing

John Doherty

Jan 6, 2011, 6:12:19 PM1/6/11
On Jan 6, 12:51 pm, ermitano <maikelbur...@gmail.com> wrote:

> i don't like the smile, seems like if it's from another kind of drawing

Thanks for the specificity.

If you image google "Sir George Martin" the first photo that pops up
is my source photo. In any artwork, the choices you make, conscious or
unconscious, are what make it differ from the source, for good or ill.
When I posted this one, I felt pretty good about it (and still do,
actually). Some weeks "it's more perspiration than inspiration", but
it did not feel like that this week.

The Arranger

Jan 6, 2011, 11:07:33 PM1/6/11
On Jan 6, 6:12 pm, John Doherty <j...@johndoherty.com> wrote:
> On Jan 6, 12:51 pm, ermitano <maikelbur...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > i don't like the smile, seems like if it's from another kind of drawing
>
> Thanks for the specificity.
>
> If you image google "Sir George Martin" the first photo that pops up
> is my source photo. In any artwork, the choices you make, conscious or
> unconscious, are what make it differ from the source, for good or ill.
> When I posted this one, I felt pretty good about it (and still do,
> actually). Some weeks "it's more perspiration than inspiration", but
> it did not feel like that this week.

Are people seeing the lower lip as teeth? I think this piece is spot
on!

The Arranger

John Doherty

Jan 7, 2011, 11:57:51 AM1/7/11

On Jan 6, 11:07 pm, The Arranger <recur...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Are people seeing the lower lip as teeth? I think this piece is spot
> on!

Thanks for clarifying-- I was wondering what ermitano was talking
about with the smiles vs "mouth shut", since in this pic at best he's
got more of a wry, half smile on his closed mouth.

Looking at that as an open mouth takes some doing, since the cross
hatch for his lips doesn't even come close to approximating the lines
that would divide individual teeth. But that's what makes horse races,
I guess.;-)

If you got it, then I feel vindicated in feeling that I nailed this
one.