Critique of Alan Pollack's research

Joel Benjamin

Oct 26, 2010, 9:57:43 AM10/26/10
I am thinking of getting involved in a project to put Alan Pollack's
research into a hard copy directory. I wonder if anyone can give me
their view on whether they think their is room in the market for such
a directory of Beatles songs- and, where Pollacks' research stands in
relation to the other major Beatles scholars.

Joel Benjamin

--

All follow-ups are directed to the newsgroup rec.music.beatles.moderated.
If your follow-up more properly belongs in the unmoderated newsgroup, please

use...@stephencarter.net

Oct 26, 2010, 7:16:18 PM10/26/10
On Tue, 26 Oct 2010 08:57:43 -0500, Joel Benjamin
<beatle...@gmail.com> wrote:

>I am thinking of getting involved in a project to put Alan Pollack's
>research into a hard copy directory. I wonder if anyone can give me
>their view on whether they think their is room in the market for such
>a directory of Beatles songs- and, where Pollacks' research stands in
>relation to the other major Beatles scholars.
>
>Joel Benjamin

What concerns me about this, having been bitten before, is that the
originator of the work (which was astonishingly ground breaking at the
time it was done) will only be credited by a note in the preface, and
will not get the full recognition (moral and financial) that his work
deserves.

Or, less politely, don't get associated with a rip off!

--
steve.hat.stephencarter.not.com.but.net
Nothing is Beatle Proof!!

.mau.

Oct 27, 2010, 12:27:25 PM10/27/10
On Oct 27, 1:16 am, use...@stephencarter.net wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Oct 2010 08:57:43 -0500, Joel Benjamin
>
> <beatlemusi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >I am thinking of getting involved in a project to put Alan Pollack's
> >research into a hard copy directory. I wonder if anyone can give me
> >their view on whether they think their is room in the market for such
> >a directory of Beatles songs- and, where Pollacks' research stands in
> >relation to the other major Beatles scholars.
>
> >Joel Benjamin
>
> What concerns me about this, having been bitten before, is that the
> originator of the work (which was astonishingly ground breaking at the
> time it was done) will only be credited by a note in the preface, and
> will not get the full recognition (moral and financial) that his work
> deserves.
>
> Or, less politely, don't get associated with a rip off!

I cannot agree more with Stephen.
While I would really like to see a paper copy of Alan great opus,
it should be him that appears as an author :-)

ciao, .mau.