Happiness is a Warm Pen: make it longer if you like the style

John Doherty

Feb 1, 2011, 9:39:22 PM2/1/11
The songwriting partnership at the heart of the band:

http://www.johndoherty.com/hiawp.html

--

All follow-ups are directed to the newsgroup rec.music.beatles.moderated.
If your follow-up more properly belongs in the unmoderated newsgroup, please

Fattuchus

Feb 2, 2011, 3:41:36 PM2/2/11

I noticed this quote at your website:

After the breakup, George worked with John but was wary of working
with his old bus pal Paul who got him into the group in the first
place. It was also George who remarked in later life that the reason
the Beatles could never reunite was that John was far more messed up
psychologically than any of them knew back then.

When did George say John was messed up? Do you have a direct quote?

John Doherty

Feb 4, 2011, 3:17:46 PM2/4/11

On Feb 2, 3:41 pm, Fattuchus <fattuc...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I noticed this quote at your website:
>
> After the breakup, George worked with John but was wary of working
> with his old bus pal Paul who got him into the group in the first
> place. It was also George who remarked in later life that the reason
> the Beatles could never reunite was that John was far more messed up
> psychologically than any of them knew back then.
>
> When did George say John was messed up?  Do you have a direct quote?
>
> --
>
> All follow-ups are directed to the newsgroup rec.music.beatles.moderated.
> If your follow-up more properly belongs in the unmoderated newsgroup, please
> change your headers appropriately.   -- the moderators
> --

It's from a relatively recent Rolling Stone article that came out
around the time of the Beatles Rock Band and the catalog re-release.

I've just found part of the article online , by Mikal Gilmore, from
August 2009:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/why-the-beatles-broke-up-the-story-behind-our-cover-20090818

Unfortunately, the money quote is behind their firewall. There's a
link for "choice Beatle quotes" that leads to a chance to sign up for
the pay service at the end.

If anyone has a paper copy, maybe they can help?