The draft will start in June, 2005

1 view

STOP BUSH NOW

May 26, 2004, 11:00:52 PM5/26/04
"There is pending legislation in the House and Senate (twin bills: S
89 and HR 163) which will time the program's initiation so the draft
can begin at early as Spring 2005 -- just after the 2004 presidential
election. The administration is quietly trying to get these bills
passed now, while the public's attention is on the elections, so our
action on this is needed immediately."

"Even those voters who currently support US actions abroad may still
object to this move, knowing their own children or grandchildren will
not have a say about whether to fight. Not that it should make a
difference, but this plan, among other things, eliminates higher
education as a
shelter and includes women in the draft."

http://www.congress.org/congressorg/issues/alert/?alertid=5834001&content_dir=ua_congressorg

Arrogant

May 26, 2004, 11:28:41 PM5/26/04

jim duron

May 27, 2004, 8:10:36 AM5/27/04

"Arrogant" <blo...@home.com> wrote in message
> http://snopes.com/politics/military/draft.asp

I heard something about it a couple of weeks ago on Meet the Press about
them looking at the feasibility of the draft again. When I say "they" I mean
the two Republican Senators or the two who were on Tim Russerrts show
anyway.
The Excuse was that the Presidents new foreign policy required a different
military recruitment process.
Which I guess means the ability to attack at will, I always thought he
needed congressional approval to start a war.
I think our system is failing us, the democrats need to get some balls and
stand up to this jerk. There will be 1,000 body bags brought home by the end
of the year in less than 18 months of time without major conflict or battle.

Jim

z66

May 27, 2004, 10:08:50 AM5/27/04
Congress can only DECLARE war. The President is Commander-In-Chief of our
military, and can deploy it wherever and whenever he chooses.

David

May 27, 2004, 2:23:51 PM5/27/04
"z66" <z...@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message news:<nbmdnYzctJ3...@adelphia.com>...

> Congress can only DECLARE war. The President is Commander-In-Chief of our
> military, and can deploy it wherever and whenever he chooses.

At least as a practical matter, I suspect that this statement is incorrect.

Tommy Homicide

May 28, 2004, 1:18:36 AM5/28/04
STOP_B...@hotmail.com (STOP BUSH NOW) wrote in

If this were to be passed, I just wish I was young enough to join the
military just so I could say fuck your draft, I don't support this war and
I'm not going to fight and possibly die for this bullshit cause.

--
____________________________
TOMMY HOMICIDE

Fustanella

May 29, 2004, 5:20:34 PM5/29/04
> "There is pending legislation in the House and Senate (twin bills: S

Aside from this being unlikely, I doubt that it'll affect a great number of
Stevie Nicks fans. So why not be more careful when crossposting your
fearmongering? Thanks.

Bill Gamelson

May 30, 2004, 11:30:54 AM5/30/04
>Aside from this being unlikely, I doubt that it'll affect a great number of
>Stevie Nicks fans. So why not be more careful when crossposting your
>fearmongering? Thanks.

Actually, most of the entertainment industry is left-wing. The Actors Guild
is left-wing. California is a left-wing state. Robin Williams is extremely
anti-Bush.

I'm thinking Stevie is an intelligent soul and is right-wing.

--
Your home for Stevie Nicks and Fleetwood Mac streaming audio:

http://www.live365.com/stations/bgamelson?play

Fustanella

May 30, 2004, 5:32:06 PM5/30/04
> I'm thinking Stevie is an intelligent soul and is right-wing.

Sorry, but that doesn't seem to correspond.

Bill Gamelson

May 30, 2004, 5:52:04 PM5/30/04
>> I'm thinking Stevie is an intelligent soul and is right-wing.

>Sorry, but that doesn't seem to correspond.

That's because you're a stupid Liberal who can't make anything correspond.

Comrade Qat

Jun 4, 2004, 12:32:59 AM6/4/04

whatever

if it tries to bark up a tree, it likely isn't a duck

Comrade Qat

Jun 4, 2004, 12:37:31 AM6/4/04
On Sun, 30 May 2004 21:52:04 GMT, "Bill Gamelson"
<bill.g...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>>> I'm thinking Stevie is an intelligent soul and is right-wing.

>>Sorry, but that doesn't seem to correspond.

>That's because you're a stupid Liberal who can't make anything correspond.

Bill, you ignorant crosspoasting flaming trolling stalking
capitalistic skulking shit-reeking weeener running-dog:

for you, the appropriate usage is "corre$pond"...

now, feel free to not bother to even fuck off. just die, ok?