Nicksfix is down?

Bill Gamelson

Aug 20, 2009, 10:53:08 PM8/20/09
Apparantly, John Kinney has called it quits. If I try to go the Nicksfix
website, I get this message:

Proxy Error
The proxy server could not handle the request GET /index.htm.

Reason: Could not connect to remote machine: Connection refused

If I try to go to ChrisNicks.com, I get the front page, but when I click on
"Private Reserve," then "Start Shopping," I get this message:

This site is currently unavailable.

If you are the owner of this site, please contact us at 1-480-505-8855 at
your earliest convenience.

Anyone know how FM's overseas ticket sales went? I have a feeling they may
be poor and the band has decided to retire.

Ghost_Tracker

Aug 22, 2009, 1:32:36 AM8/22/09

GOD, Bill. In *all* sincerity, your thinking REALLY IS irrational.
THINK about this, just as an example. You're receiving a well known
internet "Proxy" message which indicates that a server somewhere down
the line is down, as sometimes happens. Your immediate conclusion is
that "John Kinney has called it quits." Then you look at
chrisnicks.com and find out that after a year of poor sales, the site
seems to not be working today - and yet it doesn't occur to you that
these two events may be completely unrelated - you instantly link the
two together. You then mention that Fleetwood Mac, one of the most
successful bands of all time, "may be poor" and they have "decided to
retire." You instantly jump to the conclusion that Fleetwood Mac is
poor because the official website seems to be down. This thinking
literally, for real is not rational.
I KNOW that you are NOT slow. But there's very clearly something that
goes wrong in your thinking. This is just one example of many. I'm
NOT trying to be mean to you, I'm TRYING to suggest to you that you
REALLY DO need to review how you go about thinking about things and
maybe even seriously consider getting help. It REALLY IS TRUE Bill,
something's not right!

Clay Regazzoni

Aug 22, 2009, 7:31:40 AM8/22/09

Well said, Ghost-Tracker. I've read his posts in the past and it
would appear Bill, that you are an obsessed fan of Stevie and the rest
of the group. You won't be the first, nor the last.

Post something constructive if you're going to post.

A man at a keyboard can steal more money than a man with a gun.

dB

Aug 22, 2009, 1:26:23 PM8/22/09
Sharon, I didn't know you came here! I've not even checked here, for at
least a couple of months. God, the other boards are dead. Our FM
family has fallen apart! I miss the good old days!
Homie

Bill Gamelson

Aug 23, 2009, 7:05:55 PM8/23/09
I have received early rumor that John Kinney has passed away and this is why
the Nicksfix is down. The sight will be taken over by Nicks' management.

Again, this is only a rumor.