Queensryche is DEAD

ManningFan

Jan 19, 2008, 3:43:15 PM1/19/08
Looks like this group is pretty much dead, just like the band. Pity,
I wanted to spread some new cheer on Kevin Schitlock's ineptitudes...

Stephen Oakes

Feb 5, 2008, 4:50:36 AM2/5/08

"ManningFan" <manni...@gmail.com> wrote...

> Looks like this group is pretty much dead, just like the band. Pity,

There are one or two good songs on "Take Cover".

--
Stephen Oakes

Spawn

Feb 15, 2008, 11:39:45 AM2/15/08
On Feb 5, 7:50 pm, "Stephen Oakes" <soak...@XXXbigpond.net.au> wrote:
> "ManningFan" <manning...@gmail.com> wrote...

> > Looks like this group is pretty much dead, just like the band.  Pity,
>
> There are one or two good songs on "Take Cover".
>
> --
> Stephen Oakes

Personally, I love Take Cover. Covers albums are generally crap, but
this one I'd largely (excepting that, uh, Money song that my friend
tells me is from a TV show, was once a Motown tune, etc) rank up there
with Siouxsie and the Banshees fine covers effort - its brilliant
choice of covers and very rychean take on them has something of an
echo of the greatness that this band once had. If I want thoughtful
heavy metal I turn to Nevermore these days, and have done for the last
decade or so, but damn, listening to stuff like the QR cover of
Innuendo and that song from JC Superstar makes me think there may
actually be life in this beast yet.

Bring on the next one. No concept album sequel to fall back on this
time, just Queensryche and a bunch of songs - here's hoping they can
remember what made them such a great band once (even without Chris)
and maybe put out an album that will make this place fire on all
cylinders again, heh.

As always, I remain...
Spawn.

Stephen Oakes

Feb 18, 2008, 5:12:38 AM2/18/08

"Spawn" <decadan...@yahoo.com.au> wrote...

>> There are one or two good songs on "Take Cover".

>Personally, I love Take Cover.
>Innuendo

This is good, as far as the song's limits allow...

> and that song from JC Superstar makes me think there may
> actually be life in this beast yet.

Heaven on Their Minds is good, except for the occasional singing that is
woefully out of tune.

Mini review continues...

>Welcome to the Machine

This song has the best marriage of original and Queensryche on the album -
unfortunately the eternal throbbing of the song lessens it - you don't have
to flog a musical point, guys!

> Heaven on Their Minds

See above

> Almost Cut My Hair

Good song - they don't add a lot to it

> For What It's Worth

Awful

> For The Love of Money

Awful

> Innuendo

Good - see above

> Neon Knights

Rocks! I've never heard the original, but I'm sure this does it justice.

>8. Synchronicity II

Very listenable

> Red Rain

A bit boring

> Odissea

Not bad... I can't understand the lyrics though - it's like he's singing a
foreign language.

> Bullet the Blue Sky (Live)

Yeah this is very nice... except when the crowd (obviously USAian) roar ...
I'm sure some of them understand irony...???

It was fantastic seeing the 'ryche live for the first time last year.

>Bring on the next one.

Yeah, fingers crossed...
--
Stephen Oakes

Dana

Mar 6, 2008, 4:50:02 PM3/6/08
On Feb 5, 3:50 am, "Stephen Oakes" <soak...@XXXbigpond.net.au> wrote:
> "ManningFan" <manning...@gmail.com> wrote...

> > Looks like this group is pretty much dead, just like the band.  Pity,
>
> There are one or two good songs on "Take Cover".

Horrible stuff. They should apologize to Pink Floyd, The Police,
Queen and all the rest.

satanict...@gmail.com

Feb 20, 2017, 2:09:08 PM2/20/17
On Saturday, January 19, 2008 at 3:43:15 PM UTC-5, ManningFan wrote:
> Looks like this group is pretty much dead, just like the band. Pity,
> I wanted to spread some new cheer on Kevin Schitlock's ineptitudes...

This newsgroup is dead but the band are alive and well after kicking out tater tot and releasing Queensryche and Condition Human!

nicholegr...@gmail.com

Apr 3, 2018, 3:42:28 PM4/3/18
Tater pokes her head in hoping she may see a friendly face from back in the old days without too much embarrassment over the whole "tater" thing. I didn't even know they put out a tribute album let alone the whole scandal with the band. Heck I didn't think this old AOL newsgroup could possibly exist still (except maybe via wayback machine). What a trip.

Lovees,
Ex tater
(That's Nichole Grandbouche to those peeps who live in the real world)