Google Groepen ondersteunt geen nieuwe Usenet-berichten of -abonnementen meer. Historische content blijft zichtbaar.

moroccan sufi music

5 weergaven
Naar het eerste ongelezen bericht

kor...@taiga.com

ongelezen,
3 feb 1998, 03:00:0003-02-1998
aan

I have several CDs of Moroccan music, some of which is Sufi, and it's
got to be some of the best stuff I've ever heard (I love Balinese gamelan
and Tuvan music too). One of the recordings I have on the Sub Rosa label
feature a 16 year old boy named Tayib Taiybe (sp?), who has the most
incredible voice. I would love to get a hold of anything else he sings
on, if anyone else has titles of recordings he has sung on. The group he
was performing with is called the gnoua brotherhood of marrakesh; I have
seen variations of the spelling (gnawa, etc) and I think it may be just a
blanket title for many musicians for this type of music.

Any info on Tayib Taiyibe or anything regarding Sufi music would be
greatly appreciated!

qaq...@bios.unc.edu

ongelezen,
4 feb 1998, 03:00:0004-02-1998
aan kor...@taiga.com
x.x

Henk Tummers

ongelezen,
9 feb 1998, 03:00:0009-02-1998
aan

-----------snip-------------

> Any info on Tayib Taiyibe or anything regarding Sufi music would be
> greatly appreciated!

To help you with your search: gnawa (the english spelling) is not sufi
music. Gnawa means 'black' in arabic and it's the music of the
descendants from the slaves who came from south of the Sahara (Guinee,
Mali etc). These descendants are called upon when the Arab population
needs healing, trance inducing music. Sufi is an Islamic sect that
originated in Asia.

Regards,
-- Henk Tummers
=================================
Henk Tummers,
The Groove Site - Music From All Sides
A Real Audio Magazine
http://www.groovesite.com/?sg

syed...@gmail.com

ongelezen,
26 okt 2014, 01:36:5626-10-2014
aan
7 Days Kashf (Clairvoyance) Ring

The ring will allow you to become fully clairvoyant after 7 days. You will see ghosts, jinns, hamzaad, muwakkils, other parts of the world. Whatever you want to see will appear in front of you. Like you are sitting in one part of the world and want to see another part, you will be able to do that.

Now this is a powerful ability and is rare. There are probably fake sellers out there. But with our products you will not be disappointed.

If you are interested in purchasing or have any questions, please dont hesitate and contact me anytime.

Thank-you,
Ahmed

matthe...@gmail.com

ongelezen,