Santa Monica / West LA a cappella group - singers wanted

David

Dec 23, 2003, 1:57:05 PM12/23/03
I'm David, an experienced amateur choral and quartet singer looking to
form a small mixed vocal quartet or octet based in the Santa Monica /
Venice / West Los Angeles area. I'm not looking for professional
musicians, just people like me who love to sing and are relatively
good at it. Sight-singing ability is terrific but not required.
Singers with instrumental skills are more than welcome, but I would
like to perform mostly a cappella (unaccompanied) vocal music. My
interests and experience include vocal jazz, doo-wop, gospel/sacred
and barbershop. I'd like to develop a varied repertoire for this
group, and I'm open to trying anything that sounds good. The meeting
place and time, and any other logistic considerations, will be worked
out later. For now, if you're interested, send me an email and tell me
about yourself. Also, if you know your vocal range or part, please
include that information.

naturea...@gmail.com

Oct 30, 2018, 5:37:33 AM10/30/18
I would be interested. It depends on where and when you will be rehearsing. I am already a part of the Santa Monica Chorus, a women's a cappella barbershop organization and we meet every Tuesday night. But if it's a different night, I might like to check it out. I sang in SATB choruses and also a Jazz ensemble, and was an Alto in those groups. As you probably know, Barbershop is different in assigning parts, so I sing Baritone, which is always a harmony part either above or below the Lead, depending on where the melody is. I don't have the extreme high (tenor) voice, nor the very low bass notes. I get bored singing melody, which is why I chose bari.

naturea...@gmail.com

Oct 30, 2018, 5:43:16 AM10/30/18
On Tuesday, December 23, 2003 at 10:57:05 AM UTC-8, David wrote:
Me again. I don't really know how to use this Google Group system. I was actually looking for my chorus as they posted some new music up here instead of using our old website to do it. That's how I stumbled upon your post. I don't know if I would find this page again on purpose, so if you want to respond to me, please use regular email so I will for sure see it. I see that the email address this account is showing above is my son's. My name is Tamar and my email address is LuxMentis @ att.net