His first run

~ Moriah ~

Jun 9, 2002, 2:07:31 PM6/9/02
Today my husband took off on his first group run with the Southern Cruisers.
A small group was going on a 90 miler. He was really looking forward to it.
He's now totally addicted and rides whenever he can. We were looking
forward to riding together but the have to wait to see what the Doc says on
the 19th. I can't wait until this is over and I can get back to a normal
life.
--
Moriah.......
You know you're a biker when:

Demetrios of Hungarea

Jun 9, 2002, 5:02:06 PM6/9/02
On Sun, 9 Jun 2002 13:07:31 -0500, "~ Moriah ~"
<we-Eat-...@spam-killer.net> wrote:

>A small group was going on a 90 miler.

90 miles?!?!

They really space them Stabucks kinda far out in the boondocks eh? ;)

shawster

Jun 9, 2002, 5:16:44 PM6/9/02

"Demetrios of Hungarea" <pres...@whorehouse.gov> wrote in message

Starbucks just invaded New Tampa. They don't have their own cut in the
median, so there will be a lot of U-turns from the next light. Things
should get interesting soon.

XS11E

Jun 9, 2002, 5:41:26 PM6/9/02
"shawster" <shaw...@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in

> Starbucks just invaded New Tampa. They don't have their own cut in the
> median, so there will be a lot of U-turns from the next light. Things
> should get interesting soon.

You think there's that many people wanting really really BAD coffee? Yeah,
I guess there are. <sigh>

shawster

Jun 9, 2002, 5:47:39 PM6/9/02

"XS11E" <xs...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

It only takes one SUV making a K turn on a four lane highway....

Phyloe

Jun 9, 2002, 6:12:18 PM6/9/02

"Demetrios of Hungarea" <pres...@whorehouse.gov> wrote in message

Ha Ha ha good one!
Phyloe

mjt

Jun 9, 2002, 6:20:20 PM6/9/02

~ Moriah ~

Jun 9, 2002, 7:23:08 PM6/9/02

Demetrios of Hungarea <pres...@whorehouse.gov> wrote in message >
> They really space them Stabucks kinda far out in the boondocks eh? ;)
==================================
From what he told me before heading out again, they stopped for lunch
somewhere around the halfway mark - but it was mostly all country roads.
:) He loved it!

Larry xlax Lovisone

Jun 9, 2002, 8:36:35 PM6/9/02

~ Moriah ~ wrote:

> Today my husband took off on his first group run with the Southern Cruisers.
> A small group was going on a 90 miler.

Good... hubby should be back in less that an hour... maybe he will offer to comb
your hair and tickle your feet...

Larry L
(have a wheelie RICE day and remember... if it wasn't for us the
fast lane would rust)
94 RC45 #2
V4's are music to the seat of my pants
http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/-xlax-/

Beth

Jun 10, 2002, 2:35:30 AM6/10/02

betcha there are more Dairy Queens per 90 miles than Starbucks out
there.

-Beth

_Bob Nixon_

Jun 10, 2002, 2:51:15 AM6/10/02

Like Texas. Every small town has a DQ but -0- Starbucks. I think a town
has to have at least a couple dozen stoplights before it's elevated to
Starbucks status;)

01 Sprint ST "RED"
Bob Nixon, Phoenix Az.
http://members.cox.net/bigrex/

~ Moriah ~

Jun 10, 2002, 11:28:45 AM6/10/02

_Bob Nixon_ <bi...@nospam.nospam.com> wrote in message

> >betcha there are more Dairy Queens per 90 miles than Starbucks out
> >there.

* I don't know of any DQs in my area at all. We're rich in churches,
trailer parks, bars and greasy fast food places though.

> Like Texas. Every small town has a DQ but -0- Starbucks. I think a town
> has to have at least a couple dozen stoplights before it's elevated to
> Starbucks status;)

* No Starbucks here... maybe in Nashville somewhere.

--
Moriah.......
You know you're a biker when:

"You move your kitchen table to cover oil spots when you're
expecting company."

Demetrios of Hungarea

Jun 10, 2002, 2:06:08 PM6/10/02
On Mon, 10 Jun 2002 10:28:45 -0500, "~ Moriah ~"
<we-Eat-...@spam-killer.net> wrote:

>* I don't know of any DQs in my area at all. We're rich in churches,
>trailer parks, bars and greasy fast food places though.

That was the spookiest part about the deep south when I was there for
a track event. Every ten feet was another church. I mean there were
more churches than people, which strikes me as kinda odd.

~ Moriah ~

Jun 10, 2002, 4:24:35 PM6/10/02

> That was the spookiest part about the deep south when I was there for
> a track event. Every ten feet was another church. I mean there were
> more churches than people, which strikes me as kinda odd.
============================
Yes! It struck me the same way especially when I found out about all the
wife beating, incest, drunkenness, adultery.... going on down here in the
south. Maybe they NEED all these churches. What would they be like without
them if they're this bad with them? I'd be afraid to know.

If I had a choice I'd move back to Queens in a New York minute.

--
Moriah.......
You know you're a biker when:

"When your wife calls the local watering hole to see if you're
coming home at all this weekend."

emore

Jun 10, 2002, 5:46:01 PM6/10/02
~ Moriah ~ wrote:

> Demetrios of Hungarea <pres...@whorehouse.gov> wrote in message
> > That was the spookiest part about the deep south when I was there for
> > a track event. Every ten feet was another church. I mean there were
> > more churches than people, which strikes me as kinda odd.
> ============================
> Yes! It struck me the same way especially when I found out about all the
> wife beating, incest, drunkenness, adultery.... going on down here in the
> south.

You say that like it's a bad thing. But I realize those things don't happen in
other parts of the country. Or world. Silly me.

> Maybe they NEED all these churches.

Definitely. That's where I meet the choicest fat little boys.

> What would they be like without
> them if they're this bad with them? I'd be afraid to know.
>
> If I had a choice I'd move back to Queens in a New York minute.

You have a choice.

> --
> Moriah.......
> You know you're a biker when:
> "When your wife calls the local watering hole to see if you're
> coming home at all this weekend."

You've started making these up yourself, haven't you? Admit it. The truth will
set you free, y'know.

phxbrd

Jun 10, 2002, 6:09:30 PM6/10/02

> > You know you're a biker when:
> > "When your wife calls the local watering hole to see if you're
> > coming home at all this weekend."
>
> You've started making these up yourself, haven't you? Admit it. The
truth will
> set you free, y'know.

The truth is that her sig is cute, but applicable only to those whose rides
are too miserable to use.

emore

Jun 10, 2002, 7:20:23 PM6/10/02
phxbrd wrote:

True. The last thing that would keep me off my bike would be a "watering
hole."
Unless, like you said...miserable. And I have never referred
to myself as a biker although I've been a steady motorcycle rider for over 30
years now.

~ Moriah ~

Jun 10, 2002, 9:10:12 PM6/10/02

emore <em...@charter.net> wrote in message

> You say that like it's a bad thing. But I realize those things don't
happen in
> other parts of the country. Or world. Silly me.

** Sure they do, just not to the extent they happen here.

> > Maybe they NEED all these churches.
>
> Definitely. That's where I meet the choicest fat little boys.

** What's the matter with fat bigger girls?

> > If I had a choice I'd move back to Queens in a New York minute.
>
> You have a choice.

** Yes, I can move into the subway tunnels since I can't afford the rents
there in Queens.

> You've started making these up yourself, haven't you? Admit it. The
truth will
> set you free, y'know.

** Nope! Sorry to disappoint you but I get them in my email.

--
Moriah.......
You know you're a biker when:
"When your wife calls the local watering hole to see if you're
coming home at all this weekend."

XS11E

Jun 10, 2002, 11:15:41 PM6/10/02
"Allen Stevens" <slim...@rcnchicago.com> wrote in

>> You think there's that many people wanting really really BAD coffee?
>> Yeah, I guess there are. <sigh>
>

> Really really bad coffee is what you find in the waiting room of the
> Jiffy Lube. Mock it all you want, but Starbucks really is quite tasty
> when compared with the swill available at gas stations and pancake
> houses.

I believe Starbucks is the absolute worst coffee I've EVER had!

keith s.

Jun 11, 2002, 12:23:00 AM6/11/02

>Really really bad coffee is what you find in the waiting room of the Jiffy
>Lube. Mock it all you want, but Starbucks really is quite tasty when
>compared with the swill available at gas stations and pancake houses.
>
>What Starbucks is, is expensive. But then again, so's a BMW.
>--
>DredheadV2.0

Sorry I got's to call "BULLSHIRT" on that whilst the average "spoogebucks"
starts off with realativly good beans, They then allow some cretin who couldn't
spell "Maragogype" much less be able to make a decent pot of coffee with it!
Just a bunch of corporate flaks that couldn't make weak tea. Their coffee is so
weak I can see the bottom of the cup...my tea is stronger than starsucks
coffee. Over priced...dude crack is cheaper.
I really need to go for a ride tommorow!!!
Nefarious Necromancer 42nd class
oilburning hondas riden daily.
The more people I meet the more I like my dog.

Demetrios of Hungarea

Jun 11, 2002, 2:27:31 PM6/11/02
On 11 Jun 2002 04:23:00 GMT, sschi...@aol.comnilfeces (keith s.)
wrote:

> Sorry I got's to call "BULLSHIRT" on that whilst the average "spoogebucks"
>starts off with realativly good beans, They then allow some cretin who couldn't
>spell "Maragogype" much less be able to make a decent pot of coffee with it!
>Just a bunch of corporate flaks that couldn't make weak tea. Their coffee is so
>weak I can see the bottom of the cup...my tea is stronger than starsucks
>coffee. Over priced...dude crack is cheaper.

Man I shudder to think at what you conisder strong coffee.

Here in NY they actually get it pretty good. Ok so it's not a liquid
orgasm or anything but it's decent coffee for what it is. If they
brewed it any stronger I'd be typing like Adny right now.

mm

Jun 11, 2002, 4:15:38 PM6/11/02

"Allen Stevens" <slim...@rcnchicago.com> wrote in message

> What Starbucks is, is expensive. But then again, so's a BMW.

That's why we call it Fourbucks coffee.

Worth it compared to the generic swill available.

XS11E

Jun 11, 2002, 8:27:13 PM6/11/02

> In article <Xns9229CE84BD8...@68.6.19.6> , XS11E

> <xs...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> I believe Starbucks is the absolute worst coffee I've EVER had!
>>

> Holy crap. You been drinking Jamaica Blue Mountain all your life? Never
> been exposed to vending machines or Waffle Houses?

I've had vending machine coffee often, Waffle House sometimes. Starbucks
is MUCH worse, it's the absolute, positively worst coffee I've EVER had!

motomanic

Jun 11, 2002, 9:18:29 PM6/11/02
"XS11E" <xs...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
Then why is Starbucks so popular? Are people's tastebuds that defunct?
The best coffee is always at truckstops. Truckers aren't going to put up
with bad coffee. And nothing beats the road dust or "grippy eyes" on
a road trip like a good cup of joe. Or me either for that matter, uh, but
then
that's for another time. ;)
If it ain't any good, quit going there. Maybe they'll get the hint. Ya
reckon?
And don't knock Waffle House. 90% of the time they are the only places
open at 3:00 in the morning when I'm ready to climb off the bike and take
a break.
---
motomanic joe

XS11E

Jun 11, 2002, 10:44:05 PM6/11/02
"motomanic" <motoma...@hotmailnotspam.com> wrote in

> "XS11E" <xs...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> "Allen Stevens" <slim...@rcnchicago.com> wrote in

>> > Holy crap. You been drinking Jamaica Blue Mountain all your life?
>> > Never been exposed to vending machines or Waffle Houses?
>>
>> I've had vending machine coffee often, Waffle House sometimes.
>> Starbucks is MUCH worse, it's the absolute, positively worst coffee
>> I've EVER had!
>>
> Then why is Starbucks so popular? Are people's tastebuds that
> defunct?

Different people have different tastes, there's people already heard from
that like Starbucks and I know at least one of my friends who does although
most people I know won't drink their stuff....

> The best coffee is always at truckstops. Truckers aren't
> going to put up with bad coffee. And nothing beats the road dust or
> "grippy eyes" on a road trip like a good cup of joe.

Right, couldn't agree more!

> If it ain't any good, quit going there. Maybe they'll get the hint.
> Ya reckon?

Not from me, I've never gone to Starbucks. Twice while waiting, friends
have brought me a cup of their coffee because they were nearby, I've been
delighted that I wasn't paying for it!

> And don't knock Waffle House.

Not me, after I learned not to eat their waffles I found the rest of their
food is ok.

BTW, if you're travelling, grab a waffle from them and carry it in your
saddle bag. You can use it to patch tires because it's tougher than the
stuff they make tires out of! If they ever went into the tire business
they'd have the longest mileage winner...... <G>

XS11E

Jun 11, 2002, 11:10:40 PM6/11/02

> Ain't knockin the WH. I'm down with the breakfast ham, yo. It's the
> fact that I have to specifically ask for UNsweetened iced tea that I
> find somewhat odd. Must be a Southern thing.

Regional differences. I had breakfast in a diner in Poughkeepsie, NY once,
the waitress asked how I liked my coffee and I said black. She started to
set down a coffee with cream and said, "Oh, you wanted it black" and took
it away. She came back with a cup of black coffee and told me she had to
draw three cups of coffee before she could get one black. The coffee urn
was next to the creamer and she said she filled the cup, moved it under the
creamer and hit the lever to dispense the cream all automatically! She
said in her 20+ year working at that diner she'd never served black coffee
before? I learned in Poughkeepsie coffee with cream is called "coffee
regular" and that's what most people there prefer.

That was back in 1964, I wonder if it's changed by now?

Charles Soto

Jun 11, 2002, 11:15:47 PM6/11/02

Same here in Austin. And at the airport in Phoenix. And in San
Antonio, at least the one off Broadway. It's the one place I can be
assured of half-way decent coffee.

BUT, it is absolutely not the best coffee in town, it's overpriced, and
positively devoid of character.

Charles

--

Charles Soto - Austin, TX *** 1979 KZ650, 1999 GSF1200S, DoD No. "uno"
Free Tibet! * With purchase of equal or greater value. Not available in all

("Meepmeep" is "rr," as in "roadrunner." If you can't figure out my email,
you should unplug the WebTV and lie down.)

motomanic

Jun 11, 2002, 11:13:50 PM6/11/02
"XS11E" <xs...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

I think I'd pass...

> > And don't knock Waffle House.
>
> Not me, after I learned not to eat their waffles I found the rest of their
> food is ok.
>
> BTW, if you're travelling, grab a waffle from them and carry it in your
> saddle bag. You can use it to patch tires because it's tougher than the
> stuff they make tires out of! If they ever went into the tire business
> they'd have the longest mileage winner...... <G>

Where you at? The WH in my neck of the woods is pretty darn good.
Maybe it's the cook. I get a big stack of them with ham and eggs.
Damn. Making me hungry. I may have to make a WH run now.
See you at the Waffle House. :)
---
motomanic joe

XS11E

Jun 11, 2002, 11:22:59 PM6/11/02

> "XS11E" <xs...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>> Not me, after I learned not to eat their waffles I found the rest of
>> their food is ok.
>>
>> BTW, if you're travelling, grab a waffle from them and carry it in
>> your saddle bag. You can use it to patch tires because it's tougher
>> than the stuff they make tires out of! If they ever went into the
>> tire business they'd have the longest mileage winner...... <G>
>>
> Where you at? The WH in my neck of the woods is pretty darn good.
> Maybe it's the cook. I get a big stack of them with ham and eggs.
> Damn. Making me hungry. I may have to make a WH run now.
> See you at the Waffle House. :)

Phoenix, AZ. We've got a bunch of Waffle Houses here and I've been to
several of them. The waffles are tough but the ham and eggs are fine, I
just get them with toast and hashbrowns.

phxbrd

Jun 11, 2002, 11:24:24 PM6/11/02

"Allen Stevens" <slim...@rcnchicago.com> wrote in message

> In article <Xns9229CE84BD8...@68.6.19.6> , XS11E
> <xs...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> Holy crap. You been drinking Jamaica Blue Mountain all your life? Never
> been exposed to vending machines or Waffle Houses?
>
> --
> DredheadV2.0

Around here, Circle K convenience stores brew some of the best coffee in
town. Of course, most local restaurants serve swill. This ain't Seattle.

Charles Soto

Jun 11, 2002, 11:43:40 PM6/11/02
"Allen Stevens" <slim...@rcnchicago.com> wrote:

> In article <ugd8kf8...@corp.supernews.com> , "motomanic"

> <motoma...@hotmailnotspam.com> wrote:
>
> > And don't knock Waffle House. 90% of the time they are the only places
> > open at 3:00 in the morning when I'm ready to climb off the bike and take
> > a break.
>

> Ain't knockin the WH. I'm down with the breakfast ham, yo. It's the fact
> that I have to specifically ask for UNsweetened iced tea that I find
> somewhat odd. Must be a Southern thing.

It is absolutely a Southern thing. Can't stand it, personally. TEA
MUST NOT BE SWEET. You damn rednecks!

Charles
(natural born suthner)

motomanic

Jun 11, 2002, 11:41:45 PM6/11/02
"XS11E" <xs...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
You are a tad ways off from me here in Tejas. There's a few here that
are like that. There's one in south Ft. Worth that has good waffles.
But maybe they'd make you up a stack of flapjacks instead. I got in
good with a cook at one of them and he would make me a tall stack
every time I went in. I guess it's a good thing he moved on to better
things or I might not be able to zip my britches.
---
motomanic joe

keith s.

Jun 12, 2002, 12:21:18 AM6/12/02

>Man I shudder to think at what you conisder strong coffee.
>
>Here in NY they actually get it pretty good. Ok so it's not a liquid
>orgasm or anything but it's decent coffee for what it is. If they
>brewed it any stronger I'd be typing like Adny right now.

Well since you asked so nicely...I usually purchase a dark roast bean then run
it through a burr grinder set for turkish grind! 12cup pot and 7-8scoops
(freebies from gevalia) Mornings usually takes a 4shot esspresso with some
whole milk foam for giggles. just enough sugar (white death) to taste. That's
all, secret to good coffee is the same one as good beer clean equipment.

keith s.

Jun 12, 2002, 12:24:02 AM6/12/02
> have to agree. In nearly every city and airport across the country, I am
>guaranteed an acceptable cup of of coffee. If I relied entirely on the
>local java huts, I'd be rolling the dice as to whether I got nectar or
>grainy sludge.
>
>It's strong and tasty. Maybe Keith's local Starbux have badly photocopied
>three-ring binders, thus rendering the programming of the pierced-faced
>baristoids defective.
>
>--
>DredheadV2.0

Dred they are consistent I just am underwhelmed by them. That's all, I like
mine STRONG like my wimmin!

Dave Slavik

Jun 12, 2002, 12:35:59 AM6/12/02
keith s. wrote:
>> Man I shudder to think at what you conisder strong coffee.
>>
>> Here in NY they actually get it pretty good. Ok so it's not a liquid
>> orgasm or anything but it's decent coffee for what it is. If they
>> brewed it any stronger I'd be typing like Adny right now.
>>

> Well since you asked so nicely...I usually purchase a dark roast bean
> then run it through a burr grinder set for turkish grind! 12cup pot
> and 7-8scoops (freebies from gevalia) Mornings usually takes a 4shot
> esspresso with some whole milk foam for giggles. just enough sugar
> (white death) to taste. That's all, secret to good coffee is the same
> one as good beer clean equipment.

I hope you brew that with caffeinated water!!

www.waterjoe.com

Used to use it to make my morning espresso...then would pour the whole
mess back through fresh grounds and brew it again...

Ahhh! enervating!!

Charles Soto

Jun 12, 2002, 12:55:47 AM6/12/02
sschi...@aol.comnilfeces (keith s.) wrote:

> > have to agree. In nearly every city and airport across the country, I am
> >guaranteed an acceptable cup of of coffee. If I relied entirely on the
> >local java huts, I'd be rolling the dice as to whether I got nectar or
> >grainy sludge.
> >
> >It's strong and tasty. Maybe Keith's local Starbux have badly photocopied
> >three-ring binders, thus rendering the programming of the pierced-faced
> >baristoids defective.
> >
> >--
> >DredheadV2.0
>
> Dred they are consistent I just am underwhelmed by them. That's all, I like
> mine STRONG like my wimmin!

Your wimmen haven't tried Mitchum?

Charles

shawster

Jun 12, 2002, 5:06:28 AM6/12/02

"Allen Stevens" <slim...@rcnchicago.com> wrote in message

> In article <ugd8kf8...@corp.supernews.com> , "motomanic"
> <motoma...@hotmailnotspam.com> wrote:
>
> > And don't knock Waffle House. 90% of the time they are the only places
> > open at 3:00 in the morning when I'm ready to climb off the bike and
take
> > a break.
>
> Ain't knockin the WH. I'm down with the breakfast ham, yo. It's the fact
> that I have to specifically ask for UNsweetened iced tea that I find
> somewhat odd. Must be a Southern thing.

yes it is a southern thing. It is not unsweetend iced tea, it is unsweet
tea. or sweet tea.

waffle house coffee is good. And yes i do have taste buds. I was raised on
drunkin gonuts coffee. Jamaican blue mountain is highly over rated. and
over priced. kenya AA rules, but for nice sipping I go Costa rican. I CAN
tell the difference. I don't do wine, and I don't do beer anymore. But I
will drink the hell out of a pot of coffee. (which I brew one cup at a time
so that it doesn't get burnt). Caraffes are nice, but still give the coffee
a stale flavor.

shawster
> --
> DredheadV2.0
> DoD 33-1/3
> 2002 Suzuki GSF1200S
>
> "It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once."
> -Hume

shawster

Jun 12, 2002, 5:10:42 AM6/12/02

"keith s." <sschi...@aol.comnilfeces> wrote in message

> >Man I shudder to think at what you conisder strong coffee.
> >
> >Here in NY they actually get it pretty good. Ok so it's not a liquid
> >orgasm or anything but it's decent coffee for what it is. If they
> >brewed it any stronger I'd be typing like Adny right now.
> >

> Well since you asked so nicely...I usually purchase a dark roast bean then
run
> it through a burr grinder set for turkish grind! 12cup pot and 7-8scoops
> (freebies from gevalia) Mornings usually takes a 4shot esspresso with some
> whole milk foam for giggles. just enough sugar (white death) to taste.
That's
> all, secret to good coffee is the same one as good beer clean equipment.

Ah man I'd kill for a burr grinder. My grinder takes two minutes to get the
coffee fine enough to pass through the filter. a little powder on the bottom
makes for a better cuppa.

Shawster
Do you freeze your beans or not??

motomanic

Jun 12, 2002, 11:51:59 AM6/12/02
"shawster" <shaw...@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message

> "Allen Stevens" <slim...@rcnchicago.com> wrote in message
> > In article <ugd8kf8...@corp.supernews.com> , "motomanic"
> > <motoma...@hotmailnotspam.com> wrote:
> >
> > > And don't knock Waffle House. 90% of the time they are the only
places
> > > open at 3:00 in the morning when I'm ready to climb off the bike and
> take
> > > a break.
> >
> > Ain't knockin the WH. I'm down with the breakfast ham, yo. It's the
fact
> > that I have to specifically ask for UNsweetened iced tea that I find
> > somewhat odd. Must be a Southern thing.
>
> yes it is a southern thing. It is not unsweetend iced tea, it is unsweet
> tea. or sweet tea.
>
> waffle house coffee is good. And yes i do have taste buds. I was raised on
> drunkin gonuts coffee. Jamaican blue mountain is highly over rated. and
> over priced. kenya AA rules, but for nice sipping I go Costa rican. I CAN
> tell the difference. I don't do wine, and I don't do beer anymore. But I
> will drink the hell out of a pot of coffee. (which I brew one cup at a
time
> so that it doesn't get burnt). Caraffes are nice, but still give the
coffee
> a stale flavor.

I go through at least 5 pots of coffee a day. No sugar, no creamer.
If it ain't hot and black, forgetaboutit. In my house, Arabica rules.
As soon as stop drinking coffee my eyes try to slam shut. And none
of this decaf crap either. I can tell because my face gets bruised.
---
motomanic joe

shawster

Jun 12, 2002, 12:44:57 PM6/12/02

"motomanic" <motoma...@hotmailnotspam.com> wrote in message

UGH, why would someone take the caffeine out of coffe? that's just wrong.
worse than NA beer, or sex with a condom. Yeah you could do it, but why?

Arabica is good as long as it is roasted well. I have a hookup at drunkin'
gonuts. I keep him in chicken wings and nachos and he keeps me in coffee.
Life is good. I couldn't afford my habit otherwise.

Do you have a nightly cup before bed too? or is it just me ;o)

> ---
> motomanic joe

motomanic

Jun 12, 2002, 1:54:11 PM6/12/02

"shawster" <shaw...@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message

The doc asked me how much coffee I drink. He nearly fell on the floor.
Then he proceeds to tell me how caffiene can raise my blood pressure,
blah, blah, blah... He took my BP. 119/65. That ended that conversation
right then and there.

> Arabica is good as long as it is roasted well. I have a hookup at drunkin'
> gonuts. I keep him in chicken wings and nachos and he keeps me in coffee.
> Life is good. I couldn't afford my habit otherwise.

If I had to pay for each individual cup I would have gone
broke years ago. My wife says I should just have it drip fed to me.
Trouble is, I don't want to mount the drip bag on a pole on the
back of my bike and that tube would get tangled. Maybe I need
a caffiene patch like those nicotine patches.
Where's the fun in that? Where's the flavor?

> Do you have a nightly cup before bed too? or is it just me ;o)

Nightly cup? I have a cup of coffee in my hand as I go to bed.
---
motomanic joe

phxbrd

Jun 12, 2002, 3:09:30 PM6/12/02

"Charles Soto" <cs...@austin.meepmeep.com> wrote in message

> "Allen Stevens" <slim...@rcnchicago.com> wrote:
>
> > In article <ugd8kf8...@corp.supernews.com> , "motomanic"
> > <motoma...@hotmailnotspam.com> wrote:
> >
> > > And don't knock Waffle House. 90% of the time they are the only
places
> > > open at 3:00 in the morning when I'm ready to climb off the bike and
take
> > > a break.
> >
> > Ain't knockin the WH. I'm down with the breakfast ham, yo. It's the
fact
> > that I have to specifically ask for UNsweetened iced tea that I find
> > somewhat odd. Must be a Southern thing.
>

> It is absolutely a Southern thing. Can't stand it, personally. TEA
> MUST NOT BE SWEET. You damn rednecks!
>
> Charles
> (natural born suthner)

Ya'll boys is plumb forgot when it comes to Waffle House, the main draw is
'cheap', followed closely by GRITS!

Foreign tourists traveling on the cheap invariably go to WH but read only
the word on the menu to put themselves into gales of laughter and/or
revulsion. I suspect not one in fifty knows what grits are, or how they
taste.....

Am I wrong?

01d...@my.house

Jun 12, 2002, 6:06:57 PM6/12/02
In the mens room on Wed, 12 Jun 2002 19:09:30 GMT, "phxbrd"
<phx...@earthlink.net> calmly looked over the stall at me and
whispered:

>Ya'll boys is plumb forgot when it comes to Waffle House, the main draw is
>'cheap', followed closely by GRITS!
>
>Foreign tourists traveling on the cheap invariably go to WH but read only
>the word on the menu to put themselves into gales of laughter and/or
>revulsion. I suspect not one in fifty knows what grits are, or how they
>taste.....
>
>Am I wrong?

no you are not sir. The only 'merican way to eat grits is with lot's
'o butter, salt and pepper. Only northern pussys put milk or
cinnamon, bacon bits or any of that other garbage in grits.

fnord

Jun 12, 2002, 6:43:02 PM6/12/02
A lot of those tourists will spend good money in classy restaurants for
"polenta" too.

<01d...@my.house> wrote in message

motomanic

Jun 12, 2002, 6:58:27 PM6/12/02
"phxbrd" <phx...@earthlink.net> wrote in message
You could be...
As far as tea goes, unsweetened here. maybe a little lemon.
I'm in the south and I don't eat grits. Might as well eat mushed
up card board. If I want cornmeal mush I'll fry it up in some
good ol bacon drippins. With eggs and ham.
---
motomanic joe

phxbrd

Jun 12, 2002, 7:29:10 PM6/12/02

<01d...@my.house> wrote in message

The mere thought gives me the shudders....

Odinn

Jun 12, 2002, 7:48:12 PM6/12/02
"XS11E" <xs...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
It's changed now, I was in Poughkeepsie just last October, and I had no
trouble with my coffee, I ordered coffee, it came to me, with creamers on
the side.

--
Odinn
(ready to put his bike back together after using it for deer hunting)

Odinn

Jun 12, 2002, 7:56:17 PM6/12/02
"shawster" <shaw...@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message

I have at least a half pot of coffee before I go to work, another 2-3 cups
by lunch (I get to work at 10 am and go to lunch at noon). At least 2 more
cups before I head home, sometimes 4 or 5 cups. I get home, the wife fixes
a pot of coffee for me (I'm the only one who drinks it in the evening).

At work we have those flavia machines (1 cup at a time), nastiest coffee I
have ever had. At home, it's Folgers. Most resteraunts I know make their
coffee too weak. If the waitress says she's going to fix a new pot, I
usually tell them to give me the coffee out of the old pot, I don't want
fresh weak stuff.

Odinn

Jun 12, 2002, 7:58:08 PM6/12/02
<01d...@my.house> wrote in message

AMEN to that brother.

I hate it when damn yankees try to dress up grits like that nasty
cream-o-wheat crap.

Steve Calvin

Jun 12, 2002, 11:09:48 PM6/12/02

I've lived Poughkeepsie for the last 28 years ( :-( ) and I've never
had a cup of coffee delivered to me with cream in it. It has always
come with cream "on the side".

--
Steve

XS11E

Jun 12, 2002, 8:37:11 PM6/12/02
Steve Calvin <calvin...@optonline.net> wrote in

> I've lived Poughkeepsie for the last 28 years ( :-( ) and I've never
> had a cup of coffee delivered to me with cream in it. It has always
> come with cream "on the side".

You're eating in the wrong diner! ;-)

Steve Calvin

Jun 12, 2002, 11:43:40 PM6/12/02

diner? What's a diner? ;-)

--
Steve

Charles Soto

Jun 12, 2002, 11:28:34 PM6/12/02
"shawster" <shaw...@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:

> "Allen Stevens" <slim...@rcnchicago.com> wrote in message
> > In article <ugd8kf8...@corp.supernews.com> , "motomanic"
> > <motoma...@hotmailnotspam.com> wrote:
> >
> > > And don't knock Waffle House. 90% of the time they are the only places
> > > open at 3:00 in the morning when I'm ready to climb off the bike and
> take
> > > a break.
> >
> > Ain't knockin the WH. I'm down with the breakfast ham, yo. It's the fact
> > that I have to specifically ask for UNsweetened iced tea that I find
> > somewhat odd. Must be a Southern thing.
>
> yes it is a southern thing. It is not unsweetend iced tea, it is unsweet
> tea. or sweet tea.
>
> waffle house coffee is good. And yes i do have taste buds. I was raised on
> drunkin gonuts coffee. Jamaican blue mountain is highly over rated. and
> over priced. kenya AA rules, but for nice sipping I go Costa rican. I CAN
> tell the difference. I don't do wine, and I don't do beer anymore. But I
> will drink the hell out of a pot of coffee. (which I brew one cup at a time
> so that it doesn't get burnt). Caraffes are nice, but still give the coffee
> a stale flavor.
>

> shawster

Mmmmm... Costa Rican Tarraza, Guatemalan Huehuetenango or Mexican Altura
for me. Best.

shawster

Jun 12, 2002, 11:34:22 PM6/12/02

"motomanic" <motoma...@hotmailnotspam.com> wrote in message

I'm a damn yankee ( I won't go back) and I tried eating grits like cream of
wheat. big mistake. corn needs butter and salt. almost yummy.
> ---
> motomanic joe

~ Moriah ~

Jun 13, 2002, 12:04:25 AM6/13/02

shawster <shaw...@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message news:dUKN8.128460$%> >
> take

> Do you have a nightly cup before bed too? or is it just me ;o)

==================================
YES!!! I couldn't sleep without my nightly 2 cups of coffee. :o)
--
Moriah.......
You know you're a biker when:

keith s.

Jun 13, 2002, 12:29:35 AM6/13/02

>I hope you brew that with caffeinated water!!
>
>www.waterjoe.com
>

>Used to use it to make my morning espresso...then would pour the whole
>mess back through fresh grounds and brew it again...
>
>Ahhh! enervating!!

WHOAA! caffinated water? nirvanna...I just go the sloppy seconds with the beans
even with the first water. That just aint right! IMHO, Funny I always found
Blue mountain over rated. Now Costa Rican beans, mmm s'good. or some real
java!.

You do know the five grades of coffee right?
in decending grade they are:
Coffee

Java

Joe

Jamoke

Carbon Remover.

I've sampled all Five grades, there are occasions when grade five is
appropriate yet the serving of which is more critical than espresso!(boiling
hot and a paper cup no nothing)

XS11E

Jun 13, 2002, 2:01:47 AM6/13/02

> Mmmmm... Costa Rican Tarraza, Guatemalan Huehuetenango or Mexican
> Altura for me. Best.

You've no taste at all, Charles. Every one knows the best coffee in the
entire world is the wonderful stuff brewed at Camp Pendleton by the gormet
USMC chefs! It tastes GREAT and it's good for cleaning rifles and
stripping paint as well, now try that with your Costa Rican sewer sludge!

Margaret M.

Jun 13, 2002, 4:35:07 AM6/13/02
"phxbrd" <phx...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> Ya'll boys is plumb forgot when it comes to Waffle House, the main
draw is
> 'cheap', followed closely by GRITS!
> **snip** revulsion. I suspect not one in fifty knows what grits

are, or how they
> taste.....> Am I wrong?

Yeah, but do you prefer your grits plain, with a little butter, with
butter and grape jelly, or with white gravy. I even eaten them with the
cheese sauce. I love them EVERY way! I guess I'm just a redneck gal.
:)
Mag

Margaret M.

Jun 13, 2002, 4:42:33 AM6/13/02
> But maybe they'd make you up a stack of flapjacks instead. I got in
> good with a cook at one of them and he would make me a tall stack
> every time I went in. I guess it's a good thing he moved on to better
> things or I might not be able to zip my britches.
> motomanic joe

My mother used to make the BEST flapjacks in the world. It was such a
treat. Kinda like eating donuts, but not. :)
Mag

Hoyt McKagen

Jun 13, 2002, 10:55:47 AM6/13/02
motomanic wrote:
> I go through at least 5 pots of coffee a day. No sugar, no creamer.
> If it ain't hot and black, forgetaboutit. In my house, Arabica rules.
> As soon as stop drinking coffee my eyes try to slam shut. And none
> of this decaf crap either. I can tell because my face gets bruised.

See the subject line for a startling revelation.

Regards,

Hoyt McKagen

Belfab CNC - http://www.freeyellow.com/members/belfab/belfab.html
Best MC Repair - http://www.freeyellow.com/members/batwings/best.html
Camping/Caving - http://www.freeyellow.com/members/batwings/caving.html
"What did you do to the cat? He looks half-dead." <=Schrodinger's wife

Carl Schelin

Jun 13, 2002, 11:00:39 AM6/13/02
In article <Xns922AC92B012...@68.6.19.6>,
XS11E <xs...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>"motomanic" <motoma...@hotmailnotspam.com> wrote in
>> Then why is Starbucks so popular? Are people's tastebuds that
>> defunct?
>
>Different people have different tastes, there's people already heard from
>that like Starbucks and I know at least one of my friends who does although
>most people I know won't drink their stuff....

My wife loves their gingerbread spice coffee they make in the winter. In
her opinion that's their crack coffee.

>> If it ain't any good, quit going there. Maybe they'll get the hint.
>> Ya reckon?
>
>Not from me, I've never gone to Starbucks. Twice while waiting, friends
>have brought me a cup of their coffee because they were nearby, I've been
>delighted that I wasn't paying for it!

I've been in a Starbucks but never had their coffee. Probably the fact that
I don't drink coffee has something to do with that :-)

>> And don't knock Waffle House.
>

>Not me, after I learned not to eat their waffles I found the rest of their
>food is ok.

I've been tempted but haven't fallen yet. Denny's is the worst IMO. I've
had to send food back more times than I care to count because one item was
hot but the rest was cold. I'd rather find a good greasy spoon and fall
back to IHOP.

>BTW, if you're travelling, grab a waffle from them and carry it in your
>saddle bag. You can use it to patch tires because it's tougher than the
>stuff they make tires out of! If they ever went into the tire business
>they'd have the longest mileage winner...... <G>

Thanks for the warning :-)

Carl
--
It takes a million monkeys at typewriters to write Shakespeare, but
only a dozen monkeys at computers to run Windows NT.

motomanic

Jun 13, 2002, 11:25:43 AM6/13/02

"Hoyt McKagen" <nos...@PhucDhup.com> wrote in message

> motomanic wrote:
> > I go through at least 5 pots of coffee a day. No sugar, no creamer.
> > If it ain't hot and black, forgetaboutit. In my house, Arabica rules.
> > As soon as stop drinking coffee my eyes try to slam shut. And none
> > of this decaf crap either. I can tell because my face gets bruised.
>
> See the subject line for a startling revelation.
>

> Regards,
>
> Hoyt McKagen

Hoyt, I can think of worse things to be addicted to. Can't you?
It ain't that bad though. I don't drink and drive. The wind in
my face keeps me awake. ;-)
---
motomanic joe

entropy_magnet

Jun 13, 2002, 12:21:42 PM6/13/02
In article <aeac2n$vag$1...@news.chatlink.com>, csch...@bofh.hq.nasa.gov says...
<snip>>

>>Not me, after I learned not to eat their waffles I found the rest of their
>>food is ok.
>
>I've been tempted but haven't fallen yet. Denny's is the worst IMO. I've
>had to send food back more times than I care to count because one item was
>hot but the rest was cold. I'd rather find a good greasy spoon and fall
>back to IHOP.

That one court case where Denny's was sued for discrimination always amused me.
Those people weren't being given poor service because of their race. They were
given poor service because they went to Denny's. If you want Denny's type food
and good service, then you go to Shoney's, its pretty simple really ;)

spam...@telocity.com is a real email address
but it won't be read
replace spamtrap with conswirloo and you might get somewhere

Carl Schelin

Jun 13, 2002, 4:06:04 PM6/13/02