What means "Aspencade"

Christian Beilken

May 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/28/96

Hello Fans,

my father bought a Canadian Hond Gold Wing Aspencade
and now he would like to know where this name comes from.

(Alta Vista and the rec-motorcycles-FAQ could't help.)

We know the city Aspen and the english word aspen -
but we did not found a meaning of "cade" and we cannot
make any sense of combining these words.

Any explanation for a stupid German motorcyclist
by email or posting appriciated.

Thank you in advance

Christian Beilken Email: Ci...@GMD.de
GMD (National Research Center for Information Technology)
P.O. Box Dept: FIT/MMK (Project KIKon)
53754 Sankt Augustin, Germany Phone:(+49 2241) 14-2642

Russell B. Call

May 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/29/96

In article <4oerpi$r...@postix.gmd.de>, ci...@postix.gmd.de (Christian
Beilken) wrote:

Good Question, alright who has the official, Aspencade FAQ with were the
name came from!
I will sepuculate that it came from the same meaning as Motorcade, ie Cade
being a profusion of cars or vehicles. Such as the presidents motorcade!
anyway it sounds good! hehehhe

good luck,
Russell B. Call

David L. Campbell

May 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/29/96

Russell B. Call (rb520e...@earthlink.net) wrote:
: In article <4oerpi$r...@postix.gmd.de>, ci...@postix.gmd.de (Christian
: Beilken) wrote:

: > Hello Fans,
: >
: > my father bought a Canadian Hond Gold Wing Aspencade
: > and now he would like to know where this name comes from.

: Good Question, alright who has the official, Aspencade FAQ with were the

: name came from!
: I will sepuculate that it came from the same meaning as Motorcade, ie Cade
: being a profusion of cars or vehicles. Such as the presidents motorcade!
: anyway it sounds good! hehehhe

I fairly certain its named after the Aspencade motorcycle rally held
annually in Ruidoso, New Mexico. Its a very big affair and quite a
good one since Ruidoso sits in the southern Rockies and there's lot's
of good riding to be had.

David.
David L. Campbell The Ego Wall:
dcam...@bga.com http://www.realtime.net/~dcampbel
========= Will make computer animations for food! =========

Bill Seward

May 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/30/96

In article <4oerpi$r...@postix.gmd.de>, ci...@postix.gmd.de (Christian Beilken) says:

Aspencade was a large bike rally held a few years ago in Aspen Colorado.
Honda bought the rights to use the name for the top of the line Gold
Wing. Later, Bill Dutcher took the aspencade to Lake George, NY, and
changed the name to Americade.

Dean Johnson

May 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/31/96

In article r...@postix.gmd.de, ci...@postix.gmd.de (Christian Beilken) writes:

>Hello Fans,
>
>my father bought a Canadian Hond Gold Wing Aspencade
>and now he would like to know where this name comes from.
> (snip)

>We know the city Aspen and the english word aspen -
>but we did not found a meaning of "cade" and we cannot
>make any sense of combining these words.
>(snip)

Aspen, of course, is a poplar tree whose leaves quake in the slightest
breeze. 'Cade' means a procession. 'Cavalcade' is a procession of horses,
and 'motorcade' is a procession of motorcars. 'Aspencade' would be a
parade of trees, which is sorta what you get when you tour in the country.

Alternative interpretations are too obvious to enumerate here.

Dean Johnson

Harlan Ribnik

Jun 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/2/96

"Aspencade" is the name of a well-known and popular rally that is
held in the autumn in New Mexico (I think it's near Ruidoso). I
think the reference to aspens is the hoped-for opportunity to view
the aspen leaves changing. There is only a narrow window of
opportunity to see the leaves turn golden in color before they fall
off of the trees. It's a pretty spectacular sight!

I don't know for sure, but I think that this is where Honda got the
name for their motorcycle.

Harlan Ribnik
GWRRA # 100001

Christian Beilken

Jun 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/5/96

In rec.motorcycles Dean Johnson wrote:
>Aspen, of course, is a poplar tree whose leaves quake in the slightest
>breeze. 'Cade' means a procession. 'Cavalcade' is a procession of horses,
>and 'motorcade' is a procession of motorcars. 'Aspencade' would be a
>parade of trees, which is sorta what you get when you tour in the country.
>Alternative interpretations are too obvious to enumerate here.

Sorry, for me as a stupid German there is no other obvious
interpretation. Please, be so kind and tell them to me -
perhaps by email.

To all people answering: Thank your for your explantions!

Hello Dean,
I could not reach you at your address given in the header of your posting:
>From: de...@xerox.com (Dean Johnson)
>Subject: Re: What means "Aspencade"
>Sender: ne...@news.wrc.xerox.com
Therefore, I am posting this ... :-(