Shameless self promotion

Futility Man

Jul 4, 2020, 8:41:00 PM7/4/20
If you haven't checked my website lately, like in the past week or so, take a
new look at it.
We've hired a full time campground host, she has taken over webmaster and social
media as well as the day to day running of the place, and she's doing a bang-up
job. This has freed me up to ride a little more, which I was doing last weekend
when I blew out my Works Pro Racer rear shock so now I'm down waiting on rebuild
parts for a 20+ year old shock.

www.huntslodge.com or
https://www.facebook.com/HuntsLodge/

We even have an online store now.
--
Futility Man

Mark Olson

Jul 4, 2020, 11:21:24 PM7/4/20
I like the fact that the shipping cost of the T-shirts was only $2.
So I ordered one.

Hearing the fireworks outside reminded me of July 4th 2013 when
you so graciously included my wife and I in your family's fireworks
celebration.

Does Lori still have the VF500F? Wish I still had mine but I gave it
to my son who sold it to a guy who wanted the special fairing that
was on it.

--
FJR1300A, GL1000, KLR650A6F, EX250J9A, Vespa Ciao

Futility Man

Jul 5, 2020, 12:15:58 AM7/5/20
On Sun, 5 Jul 2020 03:21:23 -0000 (UTC), Mark Olson <ols...@tiny.invalid> wrote:

>Does Lori still have the VF500F? Wish I still had mine but I gave it
>to my son who sold it to a guy who wanted the special fairing that
>was on it.

She does. It's currently in our basement along with her '94 Magna. The carbs
for the Interceptor are with Billy Carr in Texas getting a rebuild. We are
going up to Ohio on Tuesday to collect the V65 Magna she was riding when we met.
It needs quite a bit of work.

I have a V-45 Interceptor fairing and side covers at the campground. Somebody
somewhere needs that.
We have a mostly complete VF500F in the barn to use as a parts bike but
honestly, there's not much on it we could use other than the wheels and a few
other parts. It's in very sad shape.
--
Futility Man

The Older Gentleman

Jul 5, 2020, 7:05:29 AM7/5/20
Futility Man <nu...@futile.org> wrote:

<snip>

I had a VF500F2 (fully faired UK model) and regret selling it. Fantastic
bike.

Such an amazing power spread. Like an electric motor and just as smooth.

--
BMW K1600GTL; Kawasaki Ninja H2, Yamaha 660 Ténéré;
Guzzi Le Mans Mk.2; Honda CD200, CB400F, Yamaha 125 NMax

Futility Man

Jul 5, 2020, 8:13:39 AM7/5/20
On Sun, 5 Jul 2020 12:05:27 +0100, totallyde...@yahoo.co.uk (The Older
Gentleman) wrote:

>I had a VF500F2 (fully faired UK model) and regret selling it. Fantastic
>bike.
>
>Such an amazing power spread. Like an electric motor and just as smooth.

We rode down to the Barber Motorsports Museum in Leeds, Alabama a couple of
years ago. I rode my Pan European and Lori rode her VF500F. The museum had a
500 Interceptor on display. The one Lori rode down there was a year older than
theirs.
--
Futility Man

Mark Olson

Jul 14, 2021, 5:09:40 PMJul 14
The Older Gentleman <totallyde...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Futility Man <nu...@futile.org> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>

> I had a VF500F2 (fully faired UK model) and regret selling it. Fantastic
> bike.
>
> Such an amazing power spread. Like an electric motor and just as smooth.

<lip trembles at the prospect of a rebuke for late reply>

Exactly my impression of the one I owned. Extremely smooth and the
torque was everywhere. Really one of the best bikes I've owned,
despite the particular one I bought having a few niggles due to the
usual lack of maintenance and cack-handed owners.

--
FJR1300A, GL1000, KLR650A6F, EX250J9A, DR200SE, Vespa Ciao