****The New American Squid****

1 view

Lynda Fertig

Sep 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/16/97

You might not wanna hear it,but the New American Squid isn't riding
jap-scrap any more!.....The new American Squid is getting on board
great big American Iron! That's right!You heard it here first!

As the post-wanna-be generation of H-D buyers emerges,they don't want
to be seen as the" new leather vest and chaps crowd" have been seen of
late,each one looking like the other.

Nope,here in California,the newest generation of big Harley buyer is
riding in knee length shorts and ,you got it!Tee shirts!No more of that
old image crap for this group.

No more black leather,all shiny and new.Hawaiian shirts are happnin'.
The new American Squid,coming your way ,soon.Watch for 'em on a roadway
near YOU!........Howard

Bill

Sep 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/16/97

...parked by the side of the road with transmission problems...

Jason O'Rourke

Sep 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/16/97

>> The new American Squid,coming your way ,soon.Watch for 'em on a roadway
>> near YOU!........Howard

>...parked by the side of the road with transmission problems...

Averaging 900 miles per year. (Value gotten from Kari at Cal BMW.
Beemer riders are down to an average of 3000 per year, from the historic
value of 8000. So it's not just the Harley posers)
--
Jason O'Rourke jas...@netcom.com
'96 BMW r850R www.csua.berkeley.edu/~jor

Bruce Clarke

Sep 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/16/97

Jason O'Rourke (jas...@netcom.com) wrote:
: >> The new American Squid,coming your way ,soon.Watch for 'em on a roadway

: >> near YOU!........Howard
: >...parked by the side of the road with transmission problems...
: Averaging 900 miles per year. (Value gotten from Kari at Cal BMW.
: Beemer riders are down to an average of 3000 per year, from the historic
: value of 8000. So it's not just the Harley posers)

Remember, though, that a lot of enthusiasts own more than one bike. I
suspect a lot of those 3000 mile BMWs are one of two or three bikes.

--
Bruce Clarke AMA 356285 '97 Suzuki LS-650 Victoria, B.C., Canada
brcl...@islandnet.com

Steve Melander

Sep 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/16/97

Jason O'Rourke wrote:

> Averaging 900 miles per year. (Value gotten from Kari at Cal BMW.
> Beemer riders are down to an average of 3000 per year, from the
> historic value of 8000. So it's not just the Harley posers)

Hmmmmmn. <dig out the logbook>

(68553-22427)/6=7687.6 miles per year. Drat. Here I thought I
was special, and I'm just below average and out of date.

Well, how about this years numbers?

68553-57134=11419 actual to date / 10*12=13702 miles estimate for 1997

Steve (it really has been almost exactly 6 years I've owned it) 65

Asher Langton

Sep 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/16/97

Lynda Fertig wrote:
> No more black leather,all shiny and new.Hawaiian shirts are happnin'.

Hey, loud shirts save lives . . .

--
Asher Langton
jala...@ucdavis.edu

Michael

Sep 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/16/97

No, no, no. Everyone on this NG knows that loud shirts only alienate
the motorcylce rider from the rest of humanity that they are desprately
trying to escape from by riding anyway.
Mike

--
Remove the "i"s to make a valid address.

My views and opinions are just that, mine; and do not reflect (in fact

often contradict) those of my employer, family, and friends.

Erik Astrup

Sep 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/17/97

On 16 Sep 1997 05:45:48 GMT, llfe...@ix.netcom.com(Lynda Fertig) wrote:

>No more black leather,all shiny and new.Hawaiian shirts are happnin'.

>The new American Squid,coming your way ,soon.Watch for 'em on a roadway
>near YOU!........Howard

Hey Lynda, or Howard, or whoever you are. How about getting you're
own Email account instead of acting like an idiot with someone elses?

Erik Astrup - Team Iguana Racing (Ret)
1995 Triumph Tiger - 1994 CBR-600F2
http://www.mother.com/~eastrup/

Larry I. Wallerstein

Sep 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/17/97

Something doesn't sound quite right with this figure. I have 3,700
miles on the T509 Triumph from Kari, already, and had 11,700 on the
Tiger in the year I owned that. In the next two days I'll pick up just
under 900 more miles on a trip. The people from CalBMW/Triumph that
I've ridden with seem to put on more miles than I do. And the BMW
riders all "seem" too have high mileage on their bikes. I had the
sense that more people were riding MORE miles, lately, not less.

Regards.
Larry
97 T509 Speed Triple

In <jasonoEG...@netcom.com> jas...@netcom.com (Jason O'Rourke)
writes:

>>> The new American Squid,coming your way ,soon.Watch for 'em on a
roadway
>>> near YOU!........Howard
>

>>...parked by the side of the road with transmission problems...
>

>Averaging 900 miles per year. (Value gotten from Kari at Cal BMW.
>Beemer riders are down to an average of 3000 per year, from the
historic
>value of 8000. So it's not just the Harley posers)

Lynda Fertig

Sep 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/17/97

In <5vmnl9$c1p$1...@sanjuan.islandnet.com> brcl...@islandnet.com (Bruce

Clarke) writes:

>Jason O'Rourke (jas...@netcom.com) wrote:
>: >> The new American Squid,coming your way ,soon.Watch for 'em on a
roadway
>: >> near YOU!........Howard
>: >...parked by the side of the road with transmission problems...
>: Averaging 900 miles per year. (Value gotten from Kari at Cal BMW.
>: Beemer riders are down to an average of 3000 per year, from the
historic
>: value of 8000. So it's not just the Harley posers)
>
>Remember, though, that a lot of enthusiasts own more than one bike. I
>suspect a lot of those 3000 mile BMWs are one of two or three bikes.>

The old average for BMW riders was actually closer to ten thousand
miles/year,before the introduction of the K models.Since that time,a
new kind of rider has been attracted to the BMW line,as well as alot
more riders.I'd guess that its the new Beemer rider,not posers or
multiple bike ownership,that has brought the miles per year average
down.....Howard

Lynda Fertig

Sep 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/17/97

wrote:

>>No more black leather,all shiny and new.Hawaiian shirts are happnin'.
>>The new American Squid,coming your way ,soon.Watch for 'em on a
roadway
>>near YOU!........Howard
>
>Hey Lynda, or Howard, or whoever you are. How about getting you're
>own Email account instead of acting like an idiot with someone elses?
>
>Yo Erik.....Why the f**k should you care?If you or anyone else wants
me ,I'm right here,anytime,all the time.......Howard

Mike Salome

Sep 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/17/97

Cindi Knox wrote:

> Jason O'Rourke (jas...@netcom.com) wrote:
> : >> The new American Squid,coming your way ,soon.Watch for 'em on a roadway
> : >> near YOU!........Howard

> : >...parked by the side of the road with transmission problems...
> : Averaging 900 miles per year. (Value gotten from Kari at Cal BMW.
> : Beemer riders are down to an average of 3000 per year, from the historic
> : value of 8000. So it's not just the Harley posers)
>
> Geez. I must be doing something wrong. I've put 2400 miles on my LS650 since
> I picked it up July 23. Can someone direct me to a miles anonymous group?

I believe it's called rec.motorcycles.harley...

--
Mike DoD #7863 AMA #552714 '92 GSX600F - SOLD
Mike_...@ena-east.ericsson.se '94+VFR750F - SOON!

Cindi Knox

Sep 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/17/97

Jason O'Rourke (jas...@netcom.com) wrote:
: >> The new American Squid,coming your way ,soon.Watch for 'em on a roadway
: >> near YOU!........Howard
: >...parked by the side of the road with transmission problems...
: Averaging 900 miles per year. (Value gotten from Kari at Cal BMW.
: Beemer riders are down to an average of 3000 per year, from the historic
: value of 8000. So it's not just the Harley posers)

Geez. I must be doing something wrong. I've put 2400 miles on my LS650 since

I picked it up July 23. Can someone direct me to a miles anonymous grpup?
--
Cindi Knox DoD #2046 AMA #606868 FSSNOC #3089
1997 Suzuki LS 650 Savage

cin...@imaxx.net

"Blink your eyelids periodically to lubricate your eyes."

Steve Melander

Sep 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/17/97

Cindi Knox wrote:

> Geez. I must be doing something wrong. I've put 2400 miles on
> my LS650 since I picked it up July 23. Can someone direct me to
> a miles anonymous group?

At your service.

Hi. I'm Steve, and I ride too much.

Steve (so many roads, so little tire tread) 65

Marco S Hyman

Sep 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/17/97

llfe...@ix.netcom.com(Lynda Fertig) writes:

> The old average for BMW riders was actually closer to ten thousand
> miles/year,before the introduction of the K models.Since that time,a
> new kind of rider has been attracted to the BMW line,as well as alot
> more riders.I'd guess that its the new Beemer rider,not posers or
> multiple bike ownership,that has brought the miles per year average
> down.....Howard

It may also be the aging of BMW riders. I used to put on 15K per year,
about 12K commuting and 3K of fun. Since I've retired I'm only putting
on 10K per year -- but all of them are fun :-)

// marc

Marshall

Sep 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/17/97

>> >Jason O'Rourke jas...@netcom.com
>> >'96 BMW r850R www.csua.berkeley.edu/~jor
>> >last dive: September 9th, Monastery (North) Beach, Carmel.
>> >24 mins at 113 ft max, viz as high as 30' (soupy)
>

>Hmmmmm ....
>
>Let me see ... bought the FJ1200 with 15085 miles on it it now has 39000
>have owned it just over 14 months ....
>
>39000 - 15085 = 23915 / 14 = 1708.21 miles a month ....
>
>1708.21 * 12 = 20498.52 miles per year ....
>
>Just as I thought ..... I'm not *normal*, and glad of it !!
>
>e-mail address dorked with to alieviate the assholes who like to send
>out SPAMbots to collect address from newsgroups.
>
>If you haven't guessed by now I HATE SPAM
>
>Yamahammer

Let ME see. I bought my Valkyrie last June and just rolled over 24,000
miles. Had the 24k service done and the third set of tires installed
last Saturday.

24,000 in 14 months = 1714mi/mo

And that is living in the Seattle area where we have 2 months of
riding weather!

What did I win?

*Marshall*

-Mike Hardcore-

Sep 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/17/97

Cindi Knox (cin...@imaxx.net) wrote:
(snip)
: Geez. I must be doing something wrong. I've put 2400 miles on my LS650 since
: I picked it up July 23. Can someone direct me to a miles anonymous grpup?

: --
: Cindi Knox DoD #2046 AMA #606868 FSSNOC #3089
: 1997 Suzuki LS 650 Savage

Well, that will end here shortly when your timing chain tensioner buckles
in another 3000 miles...

Have Fun...

-Mike-
--
-Mike- DoD 5010
99 ways to phone in a pizza order:

Duncan Graham

Sep 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/17/97

Larry I. Wallerstein wrote:

> Something doesn't sound quite right with this figure. I have 3,700
> miles on the T509 Triumph from Kari, already, and had 11,700 on the
> Tiger in the year I owned that. In the next two days I'll pick up just
> under 900 more miles on a trip. The people from CalBMW/Triumph that
> I've ridden with seem to put on more miles than I do. And the BMW
> riders all "seem" too have high mileage on their bikes. I had the
> sense that more people were riding MORE miles, lately, not less.
>
> Regards.
> Larry
> 97 T509 Speed Triple
>
> In <jasonoEG...@netcom.com> jas...@netcom.com (Jason O'Rourke)
> writes:

*** schnippppp ***

> >Averaging 900 miles per year. (Value gotten from Kari at Cal BMW.
> >Beemer riders are down to an average of 3000 per year, from the
> historic
> >value of 8000. So it's not just the Harley posers)

Thomas Keener

Sep 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/18/97

Steve Melander <ste...@ascot.ebay> wrote:

>Cindi Knox wrote:
>>
>> Geez. I must be doing something wrong. I've put 2400 miles on
>> my LS650 since I picked it up July 23. Can someone direct me to
>> a miles anonymous group?

> At your service.

> Hi. I'm Steve, and I ride too much.
> Steve (so many roads, so little tire tread) 65

Cindi, Steve. Steve, Cindi. (Now don't move too fast, Steve. Try a little
subtlety this time. You might want to find out if she's single, too.)
--
Tom Keener keen...@cts.com
'91 ST1100 -the Silver Surfer

Az Barber

Sep 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/18/97

Marchant, Jon A. wrote:

> On Wed, 17 Sep 1997 07:15:13 -0500, Cindi Knox <cin...@imaxx.net> sez:
>
> >Jason O'Rourke (jas...@netcom.com) wrote:
> >: >> The new American Squid,coming your way ,soon.Watch for 'em on a roadway
> >: >> near YOU!........Howard
> >: >...parked by the side of the road with transmission problems...
> >: Averaging 900 miles per year. (Value gotten from Kari at Cal BMW.

> >: Beemer riders are down to an average of 3000 per year, from the historic
> >: value of 8000. So it's not just the Harley posers)
> >
> >Geez. I must be doing something wrong. I've put 2400 miles on my LS650 since
> > I picked it up July 23. Can someone direct me to a miles anonymous grpup?
>
> Gee, I'm only one of those Harley posers, so I guess I don't matter,
> but I've put over 7,500 mile in my bike in that time.
>
> Jon Marchant
> marchant(at)marinternet.com (delete second "in" to reply)

After visiting the Dragon this weekend, I've determined that poser
applies just as equally to our friends in the sportybike crowd. I saw no
less than 15 trucks with sportybikes in the back of them. I quizzed a
coupla folks about it and the answers I recieved were comical at best
best and pathetic at worst. Here's a couple of my favorites:

"I trucked it up here because I'm running slicks, and I don't really
want to ride with slicks on the street."
(he really said that! I also noticed at least half a dozen sportybikes
running race slicks on this very public mountain road... it must be for
poser points)

"It's too far to ride it here from my house... I live in Evansville,
why do you ask?"
(Evansville being slightly more than a hundred miles away. He was
shocked to learn that me and my buddy rode our bikes from Atlanta, via
the Cheahola Skyway... roughly 250 miles one way... and that we were
about to head back)

So I "pose" this question: Whatthefuck is going on here? Aren't bikes
meant to be ridden?

Az

Steve Manes

Sep 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/18/97

Marchant, Jon A. <marc...@marininternet.com> wrote:
> Gee, I'm only one of those Harley posers, so I guess I don't matter,
> but I've put over 7,500 mile in my bike in that time.

I'm skeptical of those numbers too. In the last 12 months, I've put
7000 on the Road King, 4700 on the T595 (90 days in the shop since
1/15/97), ~5000 on the Super III (dunno... broken speedo cable) and
another 2k or so on friends' bikes, mostly an R11RT. That makes
me about average for the riders I know. I think most of our NYC
Harley bistro poseurs ride at least 2k/year.

------------------------[ http://www.magpie.com ]-----------=o&>o---------
Steve Manes | Int'l Bass Players | for info, email
smanes [AT] magpie.com | NYC Motorcyclists | ser...@magpie.com with
94 Harley-Davidson FLHR | Triumph MC Owners | the message text, "lists"
95 Triumph Super III | Motorcycle Safety |
97 Triumph T595 | NYC Cycling | N'Yawk, N'Yawk

Steve Melander

Sep 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/18/97

Larry I. Wallerstein wrote:

> Something doesn't sound quite right with this figure. I have 3,700
> miles on the T509 Triumph from Kari, already, and had 11,700 on the
> Tiger in the year I owned that. In the next two days I'll pick up
> just under 900 more miles on a trip. The people from CalBMW/Triumph
> that I've ridden with seem to put on more miles than I do. And the
> BMW riders all "seem" too have high mileage on their bikes. I had
> the sense that more people were riding MORE miles, lately, not less.
>
> Regards.
> Larry
> 97 T509 Speed Triple

Hi Larry,

There's a *major* flaw in your logic here......

Steve (I could just point it out, but what fun would that be?) 65

Duncan Graham

Sep 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/18/97

Nick Witzell wrote:

> I thought a squid was a US Navy enlisted person!
> That is not what you are referring to in your post!

actually the term "squid" as you mention it is in reference to *ANY*
Never Again Volunteer Yourself personal ... it is not simply reserved
for the enlisted.

> What's your squid?

Stupid poser motorcyclyists that ride in flip-flops, shorts, tank-tops
and $500.00 helmets ... Go to Latte' shops and *talk* about how much it
cost them to detail their ride, even though they trailored it to the
Latte shop in the first place .... Morons who remove themselves from the
gene pool (thank god) when riding above their ability in the above
mentioned attire

Any other questions ???

> Nick
>
> cb750
> pc800

Yamahammer
FJ1200

Nick Witzell

Sep 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/18/97

Lynda

On 16 Sep 1997, Lynda Fertig wrote:

> You might not wanna hear it,but the New American Squid isn't riding

Steve Melander

Sep 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/18/97

Thomas Keener wrote:

> Steve Melander <ste...@ascot.ebay> wrote:
> >Cindi Knox wrote:
> >>
> >> Geez. I must be doing something wrong. I've put 2400 miles on
> >> my LS650 since I picked it up July 23. Can someone direct me to
> >> a miles anonymous group?
>
> > At your service.
>
> > Hi. I'm Steve, and I ride too much.
> > Steve (so many roads, so little tire tread) 65
>
> Cindi, Steve. Steve, Cindi. (Now don't move too fast, Steve.
> Try a little subtlety this time. You might want to find out if
> she's single, too.)

Well *now* you've gone and done it. I *was* trying a subtle
approach, but you had to just go ahead and blurt it out.

Steve (so Cindi, you seeing anyone?) 65

oaktree

Sep 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/18/97

Az Barber wrote:

> Marchant, Jon A. wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, 17 Sep 1997 07:15:13 -0500, Cindi Knox <cin...@imaxx.net> sez:
> >
> > >Jason O'Rourke (jas...@netcom.com) wrote:
> > >: >> The new American Squid,coming your way ,soon.Watch for 'em on a roadway
> > >: >> near YOU!........Howard
> > >: >...parked by the side of the road with transmission problems...
> > >: Averaging 900 miles per year. (Value gotten from Kari at Cal BMW.
> > >: Beemer riders are down to an average of 3000 per year, from the historic
> > >: value of 8000. So it's not just the Harley posers)
> > >
> > >Geez. I must be doing something wrong. I've put 2400 miles on my LS650 since
> > > I picked it up July 23. Can someone direct me to a miles anonymous grpup?

> > Gee, I'm only one of those Harley posers, so I guess I don't matter,
> > but I've put over 7,500 mile in my bike in that time.
> >
> > Jon Marchant
> > marchant(at)marinternet.com (delete second "in" to reply)
>
> After visiting the Dragon this weekend, I've determined that poser
> applies just as equally to our friends in the sportybike crowd. I saw no
> less than 15 trucks with sportybikes in the back of them. I quizzed a
> coupla folks about it and the answers I recieved were comical at best
> best and pathetic at worst. Here's a couple of my favorites:
>
> "I trucked it up here because I'm running slicks, and I don't really
> want to ride with slicks on the street."
> (he really said that! I also noticed at least half a dozen sportybikes
> running race slicks on this very public mountain road... it must be for
> poser points)
>
> "It's too far to ride it here from my house... I live in Evansville,
> why do you ask?"
> (Evansville being slightly more than a hundred miles away. He was
> shocked to learn that me and my buddy rode our bikes from Atlanta, via
> the Cheahola Skyway... roughly 250 miles one way... and that we were
> about to head back)
>
> So I "pose" this question: Whatthefuck is going on here? Aren't bikes
> meant to be ridden?
>
> Az

Az,

No way! Actually riding bikes causes wear, dust and grime. Worse, it
can actually REDUCE resale value, thus impacting feculation.

Plus, people who want to RIDE their bikes have to learn to corner, work
two brakes, etc. (Still, backing a loaded trailer does take some skill,
too.)

I think I'll go out and pick up a trailer, some race slicks AND a
HyperCharger.

Does MSF offer trailering lessons?

oaktree
:^>}

'98 FLHR
'74 TX750 (basket)

Cindi Knox

Sep 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/18/97

-Mike Hardcore- wrote:

> Well, that will end here shortly when your timing chain tensioner buckles
> in another 3000 miles...

Is there a real reason for this statement?

--
Cindi Knox DoD #2046 AMA #606868 FSSNOC #3089

Lynda Fertig

Sep 19, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/19/97

In <Pine.SUN.3.90.97091...@boreas.whoi.edu> Nick

Witzell <ni...@boreas.whoi.edu> writes:

>Lynda
>I thought a squid was a US Navy enlisted person!
>That is not what you are referring to in your post!
>
>What's your squid?
>
>Nick
>
>cb750

Nick, I defined the new American squid as the new generation of Harley
rider who is refusing to be identified by shiny black leather chaps,a
black beanie helmet,and shiny new H-D factory approved vest.They are
now wearing baggy,knee length shorts,T-shirts,and yes,even Hawaiian
shirts.The new American squid is riding a Harley,not a crotch rocket.If
you haven't seen it yet,keep your eyes peeled,they're headed your
way.....Howard

-Mike Hardcore-

Sep 19, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/19/97

Cindi Knox (cin...@imaxx.net) wrote:

: Is there a real reason for this statement?

I had TWO (count'em) TWO LS650 Savages that have had this problem..

At about 8k on the first one the timing chain got loose to the point of
allowing the 'automatic' timing chain tensioner become loose enough to
literally fall apart inside the case... this caused enough timing chain
slop to allow the valves to get burned and eventual piston to valve
contact. That cost me head and valve work and shelling out 100 or so
dollars for a new cam chain and tensioner.

Upon examination of the failed cam chain tensioner I found that when the
cam chain stretches to a point that allows the cam chain tensioner to
reach maximum extension an odd thing happens. The fully extended tensioning
rod now allows the force of the camchain to have enough leverage to slowly
wear down the sleeve that the cam chain tensioning rod rides in. What
eventually happens is that the rod eats away at the case to a point that
the tensioning rod falls out of the sleeve it is in.

On my second LS650 the first thing I did was check the amount of available
length left on the cam chain tensioner as soon as I got the bike. A few
thousand miles later I could tell by the feel of the engine that something
was not quite right. So off with the sidecover and sure enough the
cam chain tensioner was nearly buckled to the point of failing again.

I replaced the cam chain again, but instead of shelling out the cash for
a new tensioner I went down to the hardware store and shelled out about 10
bucks for a small ball-joint ended turnbuckle that I put in its place.
That allowed me to hard set the tension on the camchain. I checked
it after a couple thousand miles to allow for break-in on the chain.
I readjusted it, closed things back up, and forgot about it. I never
had a problem with the engine after that. As far as I know that LS650
might still be running around somewhere with a Hardware Store turnbuckle
in its crankcase.

On a sidenote: I was pretty suprised that Suzuki reintroduced the
LS650 a year (or two) back... when I was down at the local Suzuki shop
buying some spares for my old cafe-bike I asked to see the fiche for the
'new' LS650. Sure enough... same old cam-chain tensioner.

But then again, what do I know... I'm not a mechanical engineer.

OBLS650: It's near impossible to be able to say 'Suzuki Savage' without
an obvious lisp... I sure do see quite a few of them motoring around up
in The City. =)

-Mike-
--
-Mike- DoD 5010
99 ways to phone in a pizza order:

72. Ask if they're familiar with the term "spanking a pizza." Make up a
description to go with the term. Ask that this be done to your
pizza.

Dances with Poultry

Sep 19, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/19/97

On Thu, 18 Sep 1997 13:26:45 -0700, Steve Melander <ste...@ascot.ebay>
wroted:

> Steve (so Cindi, you seeing anyone?) 65

...and do you smell like new rubber?

Dances with Poultry

Sep 19, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/19/97

On Fri, 19 Sep 1997 14:33:12 GMT, dbr...@onramp.net (Dances with
Poultry) forgot to add:

...erm, I'm asking for a friend.

Dan

Sep 19, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/19/97

Here in Chicago, the local posing place is called "Highland house" and
is
in Highland Park..

I rode the ZX-11 up there the other day and parked. I had more miles
(20,000) on my
ZX than 95% of the bikes there.. It was funny...

I rode to Milwaukee after that...

-Dan

Dave Brink

Sep 19, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/19/97

In article <moikeEG...@netcom.com>, mo...@netcom.com says...
[snip]

>OBLS650: It's near impossible to be able to say 'Suzuki Savage' without
>an obvious lisp...

It's the 'savage' part that lends itself, as in "You Thavage!".

C.R. Krieger

Sep 19, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/19/97

On Tue, 16 Sep 1997 18:41:57 -0700, Steve Melander <ste...@ascot.ebay>
brazenly asserted:

>Jason O'Rourke wrote:
>>
>> Averaging 900 miles per year. (Value gotten from Kari at Cal BMW.
>> Beemer riders are down to an average of 3000 per year, from the
>> historic value of 8000. So it's not just the Harley posers)
>

> Hmmmmmn. <dig out the logbook>
>
> (68553-22427)/6=7687.6 miles per year. Drat. Here I thought I
>was special, and I'm just below average and out of date.
>
> Well, how about this years numbers?
>
> 68553-57134=11419 actual to date / 10*12=13702 miles estimate for 1997

Lessee: turned over 8,000 last night. Bought it June 10 with 4800.
3,200 in 3 months. Ah, well, maybe after my daughter (born March 7)
gets old enough to ride WITH me...

C.R. Krieger

"Ignore 'em, m'dear; they're beneath your dignity." - W.C. Fields

Reply to warp1 at lakefield dot net

Janice in Cuppochino

Sep 19, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/19/97

On Fri, 19 Sep 1997 03:33:47 GMT, mo...@netcom.com (-Mike Hardcore-)
wrote:

>Cindi Knox (cin...@imaxx.net) wrote:
>
>: Is there a real reason for this statement?

>reach maximum extension
>The fully extended rod slowly wear down the sleeve that the rod rides in.

>the tensioning rod falls out of the sleeve it is in

Watch adn learn, Steve.

THIS is subtlety at its best...........................

-----
JaniceinNYCMissBullshitUSAKotPMSOGREss#1HonouraryBrit#001r.m.NewsgroupModerator
Janiceinnyc@geocities.comhttp://www.geocities.com/sunsetstrip/club/4961
1997BMWM3Sedan1997RollerbladeFusionMXBandwidthsavingmegacompressedsigfile(c)JiNYC

Cindi Knox

Sep 19, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/19/97

Duncan Graham wrote:

> Nick Witzell wrote:
>
> > What's your squid?
>
> Stupid poser motorcyclyists that ride in flip-flops, shorts, tank-tops
> and $500.00 helmets ... Go to Latte' shops and *talk* about how much it
> cost them to detail their ride, even though they trailored it to the
> Latte shop in the first place .... Morons who remove themselves from the
> gene pool (thank god) when riding above their ability in the above
> mentioned attire

As I iunderstand it, Squid is a contraction for "Squirrely Kid".

--
Cindi Knox DoD #2046 AMA #606868 FSSNOC #3089

1997 Suzuki LS 650 Savage

Cindi Knox

Sep 19, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/19/97

Steve Melander wrote:
> Steve (so Cindi, you seeing anyone?) 65

yes

Jason O'Rourke

Sep 19, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/19/97

Steve Manes <sma...@SPAM.FILTERmagpie.com> wrote:
>Marchant, Jon A. <marc...@marininternet.com> wrote:
>> Gee, I'm only one of those Harley posers, so I guess I don't matter,
>> but I've put over 7,500 mile in my bike in that time.
>I'm skeptical of those numbers too. In the last 12 months, I've put
>7000 on the Road King, 4700 on the T595 (90 days in the shop since
>1/15/97), ~5000 on the Super III (dunno... broken speedo cable) and
>another 2k or so on friends' bikes, mostly an R11RT. That makes
>me about average for the riders I know. I think most of our NYC
>Harley bistro poseurs ride at least 2k/year.

You both make the gross assumption that just because the average is 900
miles, that you can only do that distance too. In fact, with the number
of people like you, that suggests the low end average (it's probably
bimodal) is more like 500 miles per year.

I fully believe this. I see harleys with less mileage than my bike's
*third speedo (don't ask). When I took the ERC class, the two harley
owners were discussing if it is ok if you accidently ride in the mist
('well it has to be designed for rain, so it should be alright, but get
it into the garage and wipe it down quick').

The LA RUBs are probably the biggest contribitor. The ones buying the
bike to try to sell it for 20k 2 years later. Riding it will only
destroy the investment. And those who live in colder climates as well.
As a whole Californians should be doing significantly more mileage just
because we can. I've driven a cage to work perhaps 4 times in the past
20 months.

Cindi Knox

Sep 20, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/20/97

oaktree wrote:

> Plus, people who want to RIDE their bikes have to learn to corner, work
> two brakes, etc. (Still, backing a loaded trailer does take some skill,
> too.)
>
> I think I'll go out and pick up a trailer, some race slicks AND a
> HyperCharger.
>
> Does MSF offer trailering lessons?

Geez. You're gonna wear out that trailer. Do what I do. Pickup truck and a
ramp.

Janice in Cuppochino

Sep 20, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/20/97

On Fri, 19 Sep 1997 22:41:31 -0500, Cindi Knox <cin...@imaxx.net>
wrote:

>As I iunderstand it, Squid is a contraction for "Squirrely Kid".

No, it's stands for So Quick Under Intense Danger.

Jack

Sep 20, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/20/97

Sapp...@moc.cynonni (Janice in Cuppochino) said:

>>reach maximum extension
>>The fully extended rod slowly wear down the sleeve that the rod rides in.
>>the tensioning rod falls out of the sleeve it is in

>THIS is subtlety at its best...........................

So what you're saying is, after a sleeve has been used for a while, it
gets loose and floppy and no tensioning rod will do it any good?

Sounds like it's time to shim the sleeve...

--
Paddlefoot
http://www.geocities.com/yosemite/7579

Sue Johnson

Sep 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/21/97

On Fri, 19 Sep 1997 14:53:20 GMT, dbr...@onramp.net (Dances with
Poultry) wrote:

>On Fri, 19 Sep 1997 14:33:12 GMT, dbr...@onramp.net (Dances with
>Poultry) forgot to add:
>
>>On Thu, 18 Sep 1997 13:26:45 -0700, Steve Melander <ste...@ascot.ebay>
>>wroted:
>>

>>> Steve (so Cindi, you seeing anyone?) 65
>>

>>...and do you smell like new rubber?
>>
>...erm, I'm asking for a friend.

The pair of you looking for a threesome then?

Windy
NGG Just Curious

Dan Nitschke

Sep 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/21/97

Cindi Knox wrote:

> Geez. You're gonna wear out that trailer. Do what I do. Pickup truck and a
> ramp.

Who needs either? Pick up the bike, put it on your shoulder, and
walk.

Wimps.

/* dan: THE Anti-Ged -- Ignorant Yank (tm) #1, none-%er #7 */

Dan Nitschke = peDA...@best.com = el...@redbrick.com
I can't sing, I ain't pretty, and my legs are thin.
-- Fleetwood Mac

Jack

Sep 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/21/97

jsh <jhay...@iapc.net> said:

>To ride the Dragon, I did two days out and two days back, but then, I
>was out of polishing cream at the time.

You rode that far just to ride the Dragon?? D*mn! I thought I was
the attraction...

Az Barber

Sep 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/21/97

jsh wrote:

> Az Barber wrote:
>
> > "It's too far to ride it here from my house... I live in Evansville,
> > why do you ask?"
> > (Evansville being slightly more than a hundred miles away. He was
> > shocked to learn that me and my buddy rode our bikes from Atlanta, via
> > the Cheahola Skyway... roughly 250 miles one way... and that we were
> > about to head back)
> >
> > So I "pose" this question: Whatthefuck is going on here? Aren't bikes
> > meant to be ridden?
>
> I thought bikes were something to polish when I ran out of silverware.

> To ride the Dragon, I did two days out and two days back, but then, I
> was out of polishing cream at the time.
>
> jill
> ngg squid
> --
>
> 96 t-bird dod#1938
> GCGM#2 GCMF#1 GCTD#3 GCAP#2 GCMW#1 GCCM#1 GCDK#2
> NGG home page http://www.ziplink.net/~holm/ngg/ngg.html

Two whole days to get there? You live 150 miles away? <sfsf>

Az

Sue Johnson

Sep 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/21/97

On Sun, 21 Sep 1997 19:45:51 GMT, paddl...@cococo.net (Jack) wrote:

>You rode that far just to ride the Dragon?? D*mn! I thought I was
>the attraction...

only in the fairground next to the bearded lady:)

Windy
NGG on the dodgems

jsh

Sep 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/21/97

Steve Melander

Sep 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/21/97

Cindi Knox wrote:

> Steve Melander wrote:
> > Steve (so Cindi, you seeing anyone?) 65
>
> yes

Story of my life. The interesting ones are involved by the time I
meet 'em

Steve (back to trolling) 65

Ben Torre

Sep 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/22/97

In article, llfe...@ix.netcom.com says...

>Nick, I defined the new American squid as the new generation of Harley
>rider who is refusing to be identified by shiny black leather chaps,a
>black beanie helmet,and shiny new H-D factory approved vest.They are
>now wearing baggy,knee length shorts,T-shirts,and yes,even Hawaiian
>shirts.The new American squid is riding a Harley,not a crotch rocket.If
>you haven't seen it yet,keep your eyes peeled,they're headed your
>way.....Howard

I have to second Howard's post. I am seeing a lot of these types
in the northeast as well. (Harley knows their market well!) Most
here will wear any combination of the above, with a novelty helmet
or beanie, but rather a muscle "T" or short-sleeve "T" instead of the
Hawaiian vomit-pattern shirt. Once in a great while, you see a
tie-dye.

I am afraid that the new Harley riders in my area are listening to
a bit too much marketing hype, and not considering the consequences
of their choices. (Much like the majority of new sportbike riders
in my area, who fit the "squid" definition as found earlier in this
thread *exactly*.) I wish no rider any ill-will, but it is only a
matter of time before they become a statistic.

Shit happens... when you least expect it!

Ben

Dances with Poultry

Sep 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/22/97

On Sat, 20 Sep 1997 15:28:15 GMT, paddl...@cococo.net (Jack) wroted:

>Sapp...@moc.cynonni (Janice in Cuppochino) said:

>>>reach maximum extension
>>>The fully extended rod slowly wear down the sleeve that the rod rides in.
>>>the tensioning rod falls out of the sleeve it is in
>
>>THIS is subtlety at its best...........................
>
>So what you're saying is, after a sleeve has been used for a while, it
>gets loose and floppy and no tensioning rod will do it any good?
>
>Sounds like it's time to shim the sleeve...

Take one Big Ass Ham(tm)...

Dances with Poultry

Sep 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/22/97

On Sun, 21 Sep 1997 16:32:10 GMT, s...@windfalls.u-net.com (Sue
Johnson) wroted:

>On Fri, 19 Sep 1997 14:53:20 GMT, dbr...@onramp.net (Dances with
>Poultry) wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 19 Sep 1997 14:33:12 GMT, dbr...@onramp.net (Dances with
>>Poultry) forgot to add:
>>
>>>On Thu, 18 Sep 1997 13:26:45 -0700, Steve Melander <ste...@ascot.ebay>
>>>wroted:

>>>...and do you smell like new rubber?
>>>
>>...erm, I'm asking for a friend.
>>
>The pair of you looking for a threesome then?

Please see pertinent OSHA regulations.

DwP

I thank you.

Dances with Poultry

Sep 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/22/97

On Fri, 19 Sep 1997 23:01:22 -0500, Cindi Knox <cin...@imaxx.net>
wroted:

>Steve Melander wrote:
>> Steve (so Cindi, you seeing anyone?) 65
>

>yes

...but does he have handsome colorful feathers like mine?

DwP

<struts back and forth>

Stan Malyshev

Sep 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/22/97

In article <343feafa....@news.cococo.net>,

Jack <paddl...@cococo.net> wrote:
>Sapp...@moc.cynonni (Janice in Cuppochino) said:

>>>reach maximum extension
>>>The fully extended rod slowly wear down the sleeve that the rod rides in.
>>>the tensioning rod falls out of the sleeve it is in
>
>>THIS is subtlety at its best...........................
>
>So what you're saying is, after a sleeve has been used for a while, it
>gets loose and floppy and no tensioning rod will do it any good?
>
>Sounds like it's time to shim the sleeve...

A bit of metal-filler epoxy would do the trick. (Now available in a 3-day
cure formula, as opposed to the old 7-day.)

Dances with Poultry

Sep 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/22/97

On Sun, 21 Sep 1997 11:54:02 GMT, st...@dweeb.mv.nospam.com (Steve
Tuttle) wroted:

>Just_r...@my.sig_line (C.R. Krieger) wrote:
>

>:Lessee: turned over 8,000 last night. Bought it June 10 with 4800.

>:3,200 in 3 months. Ah, well, maybe after my daughter (born March 7)
>:gets old enough to ride WITH me...

>:
>Let me check. Damn! My trailer doesn't have an odometer. I know I must
>have gone a great distance but I can't check.
>
>Is this an "I'm a real biker" thread in disguise?

I don't know 'bout the thread, but I'm a real biker.

DwP

Mummy told me so.

Joel Herda

Sep 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/22/97

Hm....

Look out for us first-season newbies...

>>Jason O'Rourke wrote:
>>>
>>> Averaging 900 miles per year. (Value gotten from Kari at Cal BMW.
>>> Beemer riders are down to an average of 3000 per year, from the
>>> historic value of 8000. So it's not just the Harley posers)

After a trip planned next weekend, I'll have put 4000 miles on the clock of
my 1982 GS650GL...fully 1/3 of its total miles... And I've only been riding
it since May of this year... :)

joel

--
Joel Herda 1982 Suzuki GS650GL
jjo...@tiac.net 1995 Neon Sport Coupe DOHC

Dances with Poultry

Sep 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/22/97

On Sun, 21 Sep 1997 22:25:23 GMT, s...@windfalls.u-net.com (Sue
Johnson) wroted:

>On Sun, 21 Sep 1997 19:45:51 GMT, paddl...@cococo.net (Jack) wrote:

>>You rode that far just to ride the Dragon?? D*mn! I thought I was
>>the attraction...
>
>only in the fairground next to the bearded lady:)

Neeners Jack.

DwP

<blows raspberry>

Dances with Poultry

Sep 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/22/97

On Sat, 20 Sep 1997 16:31:33 GMT, Sapp...@moc.cynonni (Janice in
Cuppochino) wroted:

>On Fri, 19 Sep 1997 22:41:31 -0500, Cindi Knox <cin...@imaxx.net>
>wrote:
>
>>As I iunderstand it, Squid is a contraction for "Squirrely Kid".
>
>No, it's stands for So Quick Under Intense Danger.

NO NO NO NO, Slides Quietly Under International Dumptruck.

Jack

Sep 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/22/97

s...@windfalls.u-net.com (Sue Johnson) said:

>On Sun, 21 Sep 1997 19:45:51 GMT, paddl...@cococo.net (Jack) wrote:
>

>>You rode that far just to ride the Dragon?? D*mn! I thought I was
>>the attraction...
>
>only in the fairground next to the bearded lady:)

Hey! Leave my ex-wife out of this.

Jack

Sep 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/22/97

st...@scam.XCF.Berkeley.EDU (Stan Malyshev) said:

no no no no, not that kind of shim. Go back and read it again. Slide
in a ham hock, pull out the bone.

Jack

Sep 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/22/97

g...@gmartin.demon.co.uk (Ged Martin) said:

>On Mon, 22 Sep 1997 04:19:27 GMT, Dances with Poultry scribbled:

>>...but does he have handsome colorful feathers like mine?
>

>You misspelt "....but are his legs all scrawny and twisted like mine?"
>
>><struts back and forth>
>
>Dennis, someone of your diminutive stature can't possibly strut. You
>could probably just about manage a short jerky movement though....

Ever watch a bantam rooster?

Dances with Poultry

Sep 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/22/97

On Mon, 22 Sep 1997 14:21:55 GMT, g...@gmartin.demon.co.uk (Ged Martin)
wroted:

>Dennis, someone of your diminutive stature can't possibly strut. You

^^^^^^^^

>could probably just about manage a short jerky movement though....

Ged, picture, Daytona, shorts, pee-shooter, pot, kettle, black.

DwP

Sue Johnson

Sep 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/22/97

On Sun, 21 Sep 1997 12:48:02 -0700, Steve Melander <ste...@ascot.ebay>
wrote:

> Story of my life. The interesting ones are involved by the time I
>meet 'em

Or they make damn sure you think they are

Windy
NGG

Dredhead

Sep 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/22/97

Dances with Poultry wrote:

> On Sun, 21 Sep 1997 11:54:02 GMT, st...@dweeb.mv.nospam.com (Steve
> Tuttle) wroted:
> >
> >Is this an "I'm a real biker" thread in disguise?
>
> I don't know 'bout the thread, but I'm a real biker.
>
> DwP
>
> Mummy told me so.

So, it's an "I'm a real biker in disguise" thread?
--
dredhead AT enteract DOT com
1974 CB750 /1975 CB360T/1963 CA160 DoD #33-1/3

Z?

Dances with Poultry

Sep 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/22/97

On Mon, 22 Sep 1997 18:11:00 GMT, paddl...@cococo.net (Jack) wroted:

>g...@gmartin.demon.co.uk (Ged Martin) said:
>
>>On Mon, 22 Sep 1997 04:19:27 GMT, Dances with Poultry scribbled:
>>
>>>...but does he have handsome colorful feathers like mine?
>>
>>You misspelt "....but are his legs all scrawny and twisted like mine?"
>>
>>><struts back and forth>
>>

>>Dennis, someone of your diminutive stature can't possibly strut. You

>>could probably just about manage a short jerky movement though....
>

>Ever watch a bantam rooster?

PAH! Those sissy's use razor blades, *I* have guns...

Sue Johnson

Sep 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/22/97

On Mon, 22 Sep 1997 04:19:27 GMT, dbr...@onramp.net (Dances with
Poultry) wrote:

>...but does he have handsome colorful feathers like mine?
>

>DwP
>
><struts back and forth>

*pluck* *pluck* *pluck*

thank you - just the colours I needed for my new hat:)

Windy
NGG Milliner

Steve Melander

Sep 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/22/97

Dances with Poultry wrote:

> (Sue Johnson) wroted:

> > (Dances with Poultry) forgot to add:

> >>...erm, I'm asking for a friend.
> >>
> >The pair of you looking for a threesome then?
>
> Please see pertinent OSHA regulations.

I looked, but I couldn't find any OSHA reg's covering relationships
with rubber.

Steve (please advise) 65

Jack

Sep 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/23/97

dbr...@onramp.net (Dances with Poultry) said:

>On Mon, 22 Sep 1997 18:11:00 GMT, paddl...@cococo.net (Jack) wroted:

>>Ever watch a bantam rooster?

>PAH! Those sissy's use razor blades, *I* have guns...

Bantam, not Game rooster. A bantam or "banty" rooster resembles a
real rooster, only it's about half size. Struts about crowing like he
owns the place, much to the amusement of the hens who cluster together
and talk about gits^Wroosters and how to efficiently eliminate them.
Then they wonder why their eggs don't hatch...

Dave Brink

Sep 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/23/97

In article <342876f2...@news.demon.co.uk>, g...@gmartin.demon.co.uk
says...

>On Fri, 19 Sep 1997 23:01:22 -0500, Cindi Knox scribbled:
>
>>yes
>
>So you're refusing Steve 65's undoubted charms then???? Well, I can't
>say I blame you....

You just did.

jsh

Sep 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/23/97

Dances with Poultry wrote:

> On Sun, 21 Sep 1997 16:32:10 GMT, s...@windfalls.u-net.com (Sue
> Johnson) wroted:

> >The pair of you looking for a threesome then?

> Please see pertinent OSHA regulations.

I did. Poultry Dancing's still banned in 36 states.

jill
ngg regulatory advisor

Steve Melander

Sep 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/23/97

Dave Brink wrote:

> g...@gmartin.demon.co.uk says...
> >
> >On Fri, 19 Sep 1997 23:01:22 -0500, Cindi Knox scribbled:
> >
> >>yes
> >
> >So you're refusing Steve 65's undoubted charms then???? Well, I can't
> >say I blame you....
>
> You just did.

And I'm just *totally* crushed.

Steve (especially as I read more) 65

Dances with Poultry

Sep 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/24/97

On Mon, 22 Sep 1997 22:57:51 GMT, s...@windfalls.u-net.com (Sue
Johnson) wroted:

>On Mon, 22 Sep 1997 04:19:27 GMT, dbr...@onramp.net (Dances with

>Poultry) wrote:
>

>>...but does he have handsome colorful feathers like mine?
>>
>>DwP
>>
>><struts back and forth>
>
>*pluck* *pluck* *pluck*

BITCH! It HURTS when you do that.

>thank you - just the colours I needed for my new hat:)

How bout I just sit on your head next time awright?

>Windy
>NGG Milliner

I'll take a Milliner draft thank you...

Dances with Poultry

Sep 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/24/97

On Tue, 23 Sep 1997 12:33:58 -0700, jsh <jhay...@iapc.net> wroted:

>Dances with Poultry wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, 21 Sep 1997 16:32:10 GMT, s...@windfalls.u-net.com (Sue
>> Johnson) wroted:
>

>> >The pair of you looking for a threesome then?
>
>> Please see pertinent OSHA regulations.
>
>I did. Poultry Dancing's still banned in 36 states.

...AND THAT JUST CHAPS MY HIDE TOO! It's perfectly safe dancing with
me provide you're wearing the proper safety gear, i.e. steel toed
boots, hard had, Iron lung...

>jill
>ngg regulatory advisor

Are seat belts required for quail, if they're in the back seat I mean?

Jack

Sep 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/24/97

jsh <jhay...@iapc.net> said:

>Jack wrote:
>>
>> jsh <jhay...@iapc.net> said:
>>
>> >To ride the Dragon, I did two days out and two days back, but then, I
>> >was out of polishing cream at the time.

>> You rode that far just to ride the Dragon?? D*mn! I thought I was
>> the attraction...
>

>Why? You didn't have any polishing cream either.

I used it all on the stove top...

Sue Johnson

Sep 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/24/97

On Wed, 24 Sep 1997 03:15:41 GMT, dbr...@onramp.net (Dances with
Poultry) wrote:

>It's perfectly safe dancing with
>me provide you're wearing the proper safety gear, i.e. steel toed
>boots, hard had, Iron lung...

hell, I can't remember the last time I had a really good hard had -
can you still get them?

Windy
NGG with protective headgear

Sue Johnson

Sep 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/24/97

On Wed, 24 Sep 1997 03:17:56 GMT, dbr...@onramp.net (Dances with
Poultry) wrote:

>On Mon, 22 Sep 1997 22:57:51 GMT, s...@windfalls.u-net.com (Sue
>Johnson) wroted:

>>On Mon, 22 Sep 1997 04:19:27 GMT, dbr...@onramp.net (Dances with
>>Poultry) wrote:
>>

>>>...but does he have handsome colorful feathers like mine?
>>>
>>>DwP
>>>
>>><struts back and forth>
>>
>>*pluck* *pluck* *pluck*
>
>BITCH! It HURTS when you do that.

YA WIMP!!!

Stand still and take it like a rooster!! Hmm how come you've got
goose bumps where the feathers were?

>>thank you - just the colours I needed for my new hat:)
>
>How bout I just sit on your head next time awright?

as long as I can stick the hatpin in the usual place

>>Windy
>>NGG Milliner
>
>I'll take a Milliner draft thank you...

I'll just have the bank draft

Windy
NGG Rooster plucking

jsh

Sep 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/24/97

Jack wrote:

> jsh <jhay...@iapc.net> said:
>
> >To ride the Dragon, I did two days out and two days back, but then, I
> >was out of polishing cream at the time.
>
> You rode that far just to ride the Dragon?? D*mn! I thought I was
> the attraction...

Why? You didn't have any polishing cream either.

jill
ngg license to fish denials desk

Thomas Keener

Sep 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/25/97

Cindi Knox <cin...@imaxx.net> wrote:

>Steve Melander wrote:
>> Steve (so Cindi, you seeing anyone?) 65

>yes

Does he/she ride a motorcycle?

--
Tom Keener keen...@cts.com
'91 ST1100 -the Silver Surfer

Cindi K

Sep 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/25/97

Thomas Keener wrote:

> Cindi Knox <cin...@imaxx.net> wrote:
>
> >Steve Melander wrote:
> >> Steve (so Cindi, you seeing anyone?) 65
>
> >yes
>
> Does he/she ride a motorcycle?

no

Though there has been talk of purchasing a Honda Elite.
--
Cindi Knox DoD #2046 AMA #606868 FSSNOC #3089
1997 Suzuki LS 650 Savage
cin...@imaxx.net
"Blink your eyelids periodically to lubricate your eyes."

*@*alltel.net Calin

Sep 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/25/97

In article 342A50...@imaxx.net,

In another thread, she also said:

>> > Dammit, is *everybody* here getting laid except me?
>>
>> me too.
>
>Not me. ::sigh::
>
>It's been so long since I had sex, I forgot who brings the oil
filter.

>--
>Cindi Knox DoD #2046 AMA #606868 FSSNOC #3089

Cindi, I think you must be well overdue for a trade-in on that
model. It would seem that he/it has some serious performance
problems.

--
Calin

Dances with Poultry

Sep 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/25/97

On Wed, 24 Sep 1997 19:50:42 GMT, s...@windfalls.u-net.com (Sue
Johnson) wroted:

>On Wed, 24 Sep 1997 03:15:41 GMT, dbr...@onramp.net (Dances with
>Poultry) wrote:
>
>>It's perfectly safe dancing with
>>me provide you're wearing the proper safety gear, i.e. steel toed
>>boots, hard had, Iron lung...
>>
>hell, I can't remember the last time I had a really good hard had -
>can you still get them?

<slaps forehead>...bugger...

>Windy
>NGG with protective headgear

...always the wiseass

Dredhead

Sep 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/25/97

Well, be glad you didn't say "steal toad hoots."

Dances with Poultry

Sep 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/25/97

On Tue, 23 Sep 1997 08:01:57 GMT, g...@gmartin.demon.co.uk (Ged Martin)
wroted:

>On Mon, 22 Sep 1997 19:07:40 GMT, Dances with Poultry scribbled:

>>Ged, picture, Daytona, shorts, pee-shooter, pot, kettle, black.
>

>Bastard!!!! (No offense)

Nun takin'

Dances with Poultry

Sep 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/25/97

On Thu, 25 Sep 1997 12:36:06 -0600, Dredhead
<dred...@look.in.my.sig.for.reply> wroted:

I'm glad it was you, I'm tired o gettin slapped.

Steve Melander

Sep 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/25/97

Sue Johnson wrote:

> Steve Melander <ste...@ascot.ebay> wrote:
> >
> > Story of my life. The interesting ones are involved by the time I
> >meet 'em
>
> Or they make damn sure you think they are

Ouch! I'm crossing you off my christmas list.

Steve 65

"A man like you needs a good woman, who can see his faults and still
be kind. That woman makes you crawl, and takes the good out of
your soul, and she's making you old before your time."

--Amazing Rhythm Aces

Dances with Poultry

Sep 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/25/97

On Wed, 24 Sep 1997 19:50:55 GMT, s...@windfalls.u-net.com (Sue
Johnson) wroted:

>On Wed, 24 Sep 1997 03:17:56 GMT, dbr...@onramp.net (Dances with
>Poultry) wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 22 Sep 1997 22:57:51 GMT, s...@windfalls.u-net.com (Sue
>>Johnson) wroted:

>>>*pluck* *pluck* *pluck*
>>
>>BITCH! It HURTS when you do that.
>
>YA WIMP!!!

I'M A BAD ASSED ROOSTER DANMIT!!!

>Stand still and take it like a rooster!! Hmm how come you've got
>goose bumps where the feathers were?

coz s'cold...brrrrrr....shiver....

>>>thank you - just the colours I needed for my new hat:)
>>
>>How bout I just sit on your head next time awright?
>
>as long as I can stick the hatpin in the usual place

OUCH!!!

>>>Windy
>>>NGG Milliner
>>
>>I'll take a Milliner draft thank you...
>>
>I'll just have the bank draft

Then will ya go away???? How much?

Cindi K

Sep 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/25/97

Steve Melander wrote:

> Calin wrote:
> >
> > Cindi, I think you must be well overdue for a trade-in on that
> > model. It would seem that he/it has some serious performance
> > problems.
> >

> I couldn't agree more.
>
> Steve (still available) 65

Yeah. I know. ::sigh:: Having a difficult time ending the
relationship.

Sorry. This is getting too real.

Dances with Poultry

Sep 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/25/97

On Wed, 24 Sep 1997 10:15:30 -0700, jsh <jhay...@iapc.net> wroted:

>Jack wrote:
>>
>> jsh <jhay...@iapc.net> said:
>>
>> >To ride the Dragon, I did two days out and two days back, but then, I
>> >was out of polishing cream at the time.
>>
>> You rode that far just to ride the Dragon?? D*mn! I thought I was
>> the attraction...
>
>Why? You didn't have any polishing cream either.

So for that you destroyed his kitchen? You grillies are rough.

>jill
>ngg license to fish denials desk

bloody bearoughcrats (I just *know* I butchered that word, the bloody
spellchecker just locked up)

Steve Melander

Sep 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/25/97

Calin wrote:

> In article 342A50...@imaxx.net,
> Cindi K <cin...@imaxx.net> said:
> >

> >Thomas Keener wrote:

> >> Does he/she ride a motorcycle?
> >
> >no
> >
> >Though there has been talk of purchasing a Honda Elite.
> >--

> >> me too.
> >
> >Not me. ::sigh::
> >
> >It's been so long since I had sex, I forgot who brings the oil
> filter.
> >
> >--
> >Cindi Knox DoD #2046 AMA #606868 FSSNOC #3089

Jack

Sep 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/26/97

dbr...@onramp.net (Dances with Poultry) said:

>bloody bearoughcrats (I just *know* I butchered that word, the bloody
>spellchecker just locked up)

No wonder, you overloaded it.

Dredhead

Sep 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/26/97

Cindi K wrote:

> Steve Melander wrote:
> >
> > Calin wrote:
> > >
> > > Cindi, I think you must be well overdue for a trade-in on that
> > > model. It would seem that he/it has some serious performance
> > > problems.
> > >

> > I couldn't agree more.
> >
> > Steve (still available) 65
>
> Yeah. I know. ::sigh:: Having a difficult time ending the
> relationship.
>
> Sorry. This is getting too real.

STOP THAT! Reality has no place on rec.moto...just ask Dan about his
bicepses.

--
dredhead AT enteract DOT com

1974 CB750 /1975 CB360T/1963 CA160 DoD #33-1/3
Sparky The Penguin rides with me.
Z?

Dances with Poultry

Sep 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/26/97

On Fri, 26 Sep 1997 00:19:32 GMT, paddl...@cococo.net (Jack) wroted:

>dbr...@onramp.net (Dances with Poultry) said:
>
>>bloody bearoughcrats (I just *know* I butchered that word, the bloody
>>spellchecker just locked up)
>
>No wonder, you overloaded it.

I nead a new spel cheker, my old won quite. Anibodi get any
sugestiuns?

You're personel komentts welcumb.

DwP

Sue Johnson

Sep 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/26/97

On Thu, 25 Sep 1997 15:43:13 GMT, dbr...@onramp.net (Dances with
Poultry) wrote:

>On Wed, 24 Sep 1997 19:50:55 GMT, s...@windfalls.u-net.com (Sue
>Johnson) wroted:

>>YA WIMP!!!

>I'M A BAD ASSED ROOSTER DANMIT!!!

<insert standard NGG snigger for loud-mouthed Gits>

>>Stand still and take it like a rooster!! Hmm how come you've got
>>goose bumps where the feathers were?
>
>coz s'cold...brrrrrr....shiver....

WIMP!

>>>How bout I just sit on your head next time awright?
>>
>>as long as I can stick the hatpin in the usual place
>
>OUCH!!!

It hurt? I'm amazed - I thought it was a case of no sense, no
feeling!

>>>I'll take a Milliner draft thank you...
>>>
>>I'll just have the bank draft
>
>Then will ya go away????

In your dreams!!

> How much?

erm ... are we still talking going away here?

Windy
NGG out of your price range

Dances with Poultry

Sep 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/26/97

On Mon, 22 Sep 1997 18:48:30 -0600, in rec.motorcycles you wroted:

>Dances with Poultry wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, 21 Sep 1997 11:54:02 GMT, st...@dweeb.mv.nospam.com (Steve
>> Tuttle) wroted:
>> >
>> >Is this an "I'm a real biker" thread in disguise?
>>
>> I don't know 'bout the thread, but I'm a real biker.
>>
>> DwP
>>
>> Mummy told me so.
>
>So, it's an "I'm a real biker in disguise" thread?

I don't know 'bout the thread, but I'm a real biker.

DwP

Mummy told me so.
Is there and echo in here?

Dances with Poultry

Sep 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/26/97

On Tue, 23 Sep 1997 11:30:05 GMT, paddl...@cococo.net (Jack) wroted:

>dbr...@onramp.net (Dances with Poultry) said:
>

>>On Mon, 22 Sep 1997 18:11:00 GMT, paddl...@cococo.net (Jack) wroted:
>
>>>Ever watch a bantam rooster?
>>
>>PAH! Those sissy's use razor blades, *I* have guns...
>
>Bantam, not Game rooster. A bantam or "banty" rooster resembles a
>real rooster, only it's about half size. Struts about crowing like he
>owns the place, much to the amusement of the hens who cluster together
>and talk about gits^Wroosters and how to efficiently eliminate them.
>Then they wonder why their eggs don't hatch...

I thought it was that toxic waste they drink called tea?

Dances with Poultry

Sep 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/26/97

On Fri, 26 Sep 1997 17:12:18 GMT, s...@windfalls.u-net.com (Sue
Johnson) wroted:

>On Thu, 25 Sep 1997 15:43:13 GMT, dbr...@onramp.net (Dances with
>Poultry) wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 24 Sep 1997 19:50:55 GMT, s...@windfalls.u-net.com (Sue
>>Johnson) wroted:
>
>>>YA WIMP!!!
>>
>>I'M A BAD ASSED ROOSTER DANMIT!!!
>
><insert standard NGG snigger for loud-mouthed Gits>

I snicker at your snigger...

>>>Stand still and take it like a rooster!! Hmm how come you've got
>>>goose bumps where the feathers were?
>>
>>coz s'cold...brrrrrr....shiver....
>
>WIMP!

Fine, I freely give up my feathers and you call me knames. <boggle>

>>>as long as I can stick the hatpin in the usual place
>>
>>OUCH!!!
>
>It hurt? I'm amazed - I thought it was a case of no sense, no
>feeling!

It's just a matter of *where* you stick it!

>>>I'll just have the bank draft
>>
>>Then will ya go away????
>
>In your dreams!!

No, in *my* dreams....on second thought, I'll just keep that to mysef.

>> How much?
>
>erm ... are we still talking going away here?

Nevermind, I'll just cross post this to uk.rec.sheds and your usenet
account will be pulled foe show.

>Windy
>NGG out of your price range

But not out of my gun range...

Steve Melander

Sep 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/26/97

Sue Johnson wrote:

> Steve Melander <ste...@ascot.ebay> wrote:
>
> >Sue Johnson wrote:

> >> Or they make damn sure you think they are
> >>
> > Ouch! I'm crossing you off my christmas list.
> >
> Pass the Elastoplast for my broken heart dear will you?

Do I detect a hint of sarcasm there?

Steve 65

Sue Johnson

Sep 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/27/97

On Thu, 25 Sep 1997 18:58:42 GMT, dbr...@onramp.net (Dances with
Poultry) wrote:

>On Thu, 25 Sep 1997 12:36:06 -0600, Dredhead
><dred...@look.in.my.sig.for.reply> wroted:

>>Well, be glad you didn't say "steal toad hoots."

>I'm glad it was you, I'm tired o gettin slapped.

you just got *no* stamina boy!

Windy
NGG Fitness Instructor

Sue Johnson

Sep 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/27/97

On Thu, 25 Sep 1997 12:49:00 -0700, Steve Melander <ste...@ascot.ebay>
wrote:

>Sue Johnson wrote:
>>
>> Steve Melander <ste...@ascot.ebay> wrote:
>> >
>> > Story of my life. The interesting ones are involved by the time I
>> >meet 'em
>>
>> Or they make damn sure you think they are
>>

> Ouch! I'm crossing you off my christmas list.

Pass the Elastoplast for my broken heart dear will you?

Windy
NGG hurt to the core

Sue Johnson

Sep 28, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/28/97

On Fri, 26 Sep 1997 18:08:16 -0700, Steve Melander <ste...@ascot.ebay>
wrote:

>Sue Johnson wrote:
>>
>> Steve Melander <ste...@ascot.ebay> wrote:

>> > Ouch! I'm crossing you off my christmas list.
>> >
>> Pass the Elastoplast for my broken heart dear will you?
>>

> Do I detect a hint of sarcasm there?
>
> Steve 65

No - I'm deeply upset

Windy
NGG <snigger>

Dances with Poultry

Sep 28, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/28/97

On Sat, 27 Sep 1997 00:05:01 GMT, s...@windfalls.u-net.com (Sue
Johnson) wroted:

>On Thu, 25 Sep 1997 18:58:42 GMT, dbr...@onramp.net (Dances with

Well, I need a better "cut-man", where's my coroner.

>Windy
>NGG Fitness Instructor

DwP

...turning the other cheek.