They screw you at the Drivethrough (Moto related)

Sam Posten

Oct 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/23/00
Went to pick up some car was and Chrome polish at the local Supermart
and decided to stop at McD's for a bag of burgers to eat when I got
home. I didnt think much of it, just left the saddle bags unhitched
so I could toss the bag in once I got to the window. Obviously didnt
order a soda as I could not carry that home but burgers and fries
should have been no problem. Order from the Mcdufus in a box no
problems, get my cash out to pay em at the drivethrough window, and
the teeny-bopper working the window starts giving me a ration of hell
how I'm not allowed to use the drivethrough on a bike.

Well excuuuuuuuse me. I nod politely and say ok, worried that the
little bastards would spit in my burger should I decide to retort too
much, but it really struck me as odd. What the hell should they care
how I get to the drive up... As I left she said simply 'For future
reference Motorcycles are not welcome at any drivethrough....'

Hmmm, what do you all think about that?

Sam

Cam Penner

Oct 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/23/00
In article <8t1sjk$1crg$1...@earth.superlink.net>, samuel...@ilex.com
says...

> Hmmm, what do you all think about that?

Never heard of that one. I know bicycles aren't supposed to use it, and
walk ups are a no-no. Here are some things I can think of off the top
of my head. Some are stupid reasons, and some make a little sense.

4 issues:

1) Triggering menu board speaker/microphones. If they still use that,
some bikes might not be "big" enough to trigger the sensor and activate
the microphone. This can lead to frustrating delays for everyone.
Around here, nobody uses that system any more anyways so it should be a
moot point.

2) Rider safety. There may be legal concerns about mishaps involving
the large puddles of oil and inattentive drivers that gather in the
drivethrugh lanes. You can't argue with lawyers. (unless you pay the
hourly fees)

3) Employee safety. People in cars have a tough time grabbing and
physically assaulting employees through windows. Riders of bicycles and
motorcycles can more easily do this if so inclined. There may be
liability issues here too.

4) Delay factor. Riders take longer to put away their food on average.

---
Cam
'89 RZ 350

F3Rider

Oct 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/23/00
Sounds to me like encountered someone who's wound a little tight. If I
shopped at McDonald's, I would find out the company line on that and I
bet it ISN'T a company policy to disallow motorcycles. More than a
liability issue, I think this is a legal issue since you're operating a
street legal vehicle.

FWIW, I went through a fast food drive through in my car, in reverse
(years ago). My brother was along for the ride so he ordered and
paid. The person at the window seemed amused.

--
F3Rider
97 F3

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Rider on Ramald

Oct 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/23/00

"Sam Posten" <samuel...@ilex.com> wrote:
> how I get to the drive up... As I left she said simply 'For future
> reference Motorcycles are not welcome at any drivethrough....'

I've never had any trouble with drive-throughs, other than the delay caused
by all the rubber necking going on inside the store... maybe that's what
they are concerned about. I can tell you that drinks fit fine on the
outside of my tankbag, held there by the bungie cord that goes over the top
when full-height.

> Hmmm, what do you all think about that?

I think you should take thier advice and never use thier drive-through
again. I'm sure there are others around, neh?

--
Marc (_o^o_)
'99 R1100RT (Ramald, MO plate RMCRT)

Reed Kennedy

Oct 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/23/00
I know that a few years ago some friends of mine went through the Taco Bell
drive through pretending for all they were worth they were in a car. The
"passanger" was even making engine noises while the driver ordered. This
did not go over well.

Frankly, my reaction would be to leave without paying and let them keep the
greaseburgers with cheese.

On the other hand I can just see some squid riging up a cupholder on his
bike, and they've been sued for makeing their coffee to hot...

Reed
Bikeless, looking.

"Sam Posten" <samuel...@ilex.com> wrote in message

> Went to pick up some car was and Chrome polish at the local Supermart
> and decided to stop at McD's for a bag of burgers to eat when I got
> home. I didnt think much of it, just left the saddle bags unhitched
> so I could toss the bag in once I got to the window. Obviously didnt
> order a soda as I could not carry that home but burgers and fries
> should have been no problem. Order from the Mcdufus in a box no
> problems, get my cash out to pay em at the drivethrough window, and
> the teeny-bopper working the window starts giving me a ration of hell
> how I'm not allowed to use the drivethrough on a bike.
>
> Well excuuuuuuuse me. I nod politely and say ok, worried that the
> little bastards would spit in my burger should I decide to retort too
> much, but it really struck me as odd. What the hell should they care

> how I get to the drive up... As I left she said simply 'For future
> reference Motorcycles are not welcome at any drivethrough....'
>

> Hmmm, what do you all think about that?
>

> Sam

Nikita Synytskyy

Oct 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/23/00

"Sam Posten" <samuel...@ilex.com> wrote in message

> Hmmm, what do you all think about that?

Never had trouble with drive-thrus, even on a bicycle. It sounds like the
person you encoutered was an SOB and/or was having a bad day.

Nikita.

None Ya Business

Oct 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/23/00
On Mon, 23 Oct 2000 13:30:28 EDT, samuel...@ilex.com (Sam Posten)
wrote:

>how I get to the drive up... As I left she said simply 'For future
>reference Motorcycles are not welcome at any drivethrough....'
>

>Hmmm, what do you all think about that?
>

>Sam

I have never had that problem and I go through the drive-thru pretty
regular. I have even gone to the drive in movie on my bike. One of
these days I really do have to break down and get a cage. Eleven
years of winters is beginning to get to me.

This gubblick contains many nonsklarkish English flutzpahs, but the
overall pluggandisp can be glorked from the context.

Andrew

Oct 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/23/00

"None Ya Business" <non...@beerme.com> wrote in message

I have even gone to the drive in movie on my bike.

How do you sneak in the other people for free if your bike has no trunk?

Andrew
86 Nighthawk 'S
95 Connie
http://ultrasupercool.com

Demetrios

Oct 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/23/00
On Mon, 23 Oct 2000 19:33:09 +0100, Chateau...@btinternet.com (The
Older Gentleman) wrote:

>Sam Posten <samuel...@ilex.com> wrote:
>
>> Hmmm, what do you all think about that?
>

>Stop eating McDs. They're horrible burgers anyway.

Seconded. Add to the fact that drive-thru fare is an assault to all
known culinary sensibilites.

sfs

Oct 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/23/00
Goldwings (with trunks), and midget dates.

sfs

Andrew <yo...@NOSPAM.hotmail.com> wrote in message

A. Moore

Oct 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/23/00
Andrew wrote:

> "None Ya Business" <non...@beerme.com> wrote in message
>
> I have even gone to the drive in movie on my bike.
>
> How do you sneak in the other people for free if your bike has no trunk?

Saddlebags. Big saddlebags.

Al Moore
DoD 734

Kirk Pearson

Oct 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/23/00
During my time in McHell I disallowed DeLoreans (because that tiny side
window is just IMPOSSIBLE to cram a large drink through), cars driving
through backward (ok, it was funny the first time), and people who thought
they were at Wendy's (after turning up the volume on the speaker in the
drive-through while they ordered and having a good laugh at their expense),
but I never disallowed motorcycles, or horses.

If any McHell teeny-bopper gives you s#!t about anything, just tell them
you want to speak to their manager and recommend that they go back to
wearing rust- or lime-colored polyester uniforms and to a $3/hr minimum
wage.

Kirk "you want fries with that?" Pearson

--
Kirk Pearson, Broomfield, Colorado, USA, kpea...@nyx.net
DoD #173 (92 Seca II), homebrewer, ferret owner, distributed computing junkie

John Fischer

Oct 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/23/00

"Sam Posten" <samuel...@ilex.com> wrote in message

> Hmmm, what do you all think about that?

Here's my theory. Ever been inside a McD's or Taco Bell or anywhere else when
someone with a diesel pickup pulls up? The exhaust sounds makes it impossible
to hear what the driver is ordering. It also makes it impossible for the next
few cars behind the truck to easily place their orders.

If you go through the drive-thru on a bike with Harley(tm) pipes, you'll be
doing the same thing - making it extremely difficult for the order boy to take
down the order for yourself and those around you.

Of course, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Rick Damiani

Oct 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/23/00
samuel...@ilex.com (Sam Posten) wrote:

>Well excuuuuuuuse me. I nod politely and say ok, worried that the
>little bastards would spit in my burger should I decide to retort too
>much, but it really struck me as odd. What the hell should they care
>how I get to the drive up... As I left she said simply 'For future
>reference Motorcycles are not welcome at any drivethrough....'
>

>Hmmm, what do you all think about that?

I heard that from someone at a Jack In The Box recently when I
complained about waiting an inordinate amount of time at the speaker
box. I do't go there anymore.

--
A host is a host from coast to coast ..................... Rick Damiani
and no one will talk to a host that's close .... ri...@nospam.paton.com

Jag-Pilot

Oct 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/23/00
In article <8t1sjk$1crg$1...@earth.superlink.net>, Sam Posten
<samuel...@ilex.com> wrote:

> Well excuuuuuuuse me. I nod politely and say ok, worried that the
> little bastards would spit in my burger should I decide to retort too
> much, but it really struck me as odd. What the hell should they care
> how I get to the drive up... As I left she said simply 'For future
> reference Motorcycles are not welcome at any drivethrough....'

Go to the manager and/or write to the local HQ and complain. Totally
unacceptible. Here in Dallas, bikes are welcome at drivethroughs
(provided they can trip the sensor at the order board - which even some
cars can't do) and there have only been a couple twits (obviously from
the Liberal Northeast) who seemed to think otherwise. Their manager
straightened them out in both cases - in one case by firing the dork on
the spot and not charging me for my order.

Some Guy on a Bike

Oct 23, 2000, 10:08:50 PM10/23/00
Posten) wrote:

> As I left she said simply 'For future
> reference Motorcycles are not welcome at any drivethrough....'

> Hmmm, what do you all think about that?

Make sure the manager knows what you think of some snot-nosed teeny
bopper calling you out like that. Show up in a suit when you do it,
even.

I've never had a problem in a drive-through, FWIW. Only with
triggering the sensor loop that tells the bright people inside that
the motorcycle-shaped thing on their monitor has a hungry person on
it who would like to order some food, please.
Adam Wade "The only way I'll stop riding
CWRA #4 SDWL #2 is if I stop breathing."
CIMC #1 DoD #2009 LOMP #2 1990 Zephyr 550 (Daphne)
The opinions expressed here are my own, and do not represent
those of my employer in any form.

Phyloe

Oct 24, 2000, 2:59:04 AM10/24/00

"Reed Kennedy" wrote in message

> I know that a few years ago some friends of mine went through the Taco
Bell
> drive through pretending for all they were worth they were in a car. The
> "passanger" was even making engine noises while the driver ordered. This
> did not go over well.

That was funny!
Phyloe

Phyloe

Oct 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/24/00

"Sam Posten" wrote in message

> and decided to stop at McD's for a bag of burgers to eat when I got
> home.

'For future
> reference Motorcycles are not welcome at any drivethrough....'
>
> Hmmm, what do you all think about that?

I read all the responces and no one suggested placing an order at the
Mcspeaker and then asking for that to "go". It's an oldie but a goodie. I
figure that with employee turnover I can use that about 10 times a year and
not repeat it to any Mcteens. I like the backward drive through thing.
Basicly people take themselves too seriously. There is always room for
silly.
McPhyloe
A little song, A little dance, A little seltzer down your pants

Hoyt McKagen

Oct 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/24/00
Sam Posten wrote:
> reference Motorcycles are not welcome at any drivethrough....'
>
> Hmmm, what do you all think about that?

I think you need to find someone several steps up the food chain at McD
and report to them the ID of the person involved.

I'd've parked it and gone inside to see the manager, then pull a 5 minute
rant directly in face. With a little bit of luck you can have that
insolent asshole out on the street with dispatch. The idea is to not let
manager get a word in at all til you see steam venting from ears. Then
you smile, say thank you and book off. Guess who's in line for all that
pressure you built up? A variation on this is to start the screaming
right in the service lane, where your victim can be nervously listening.

--

Regards,

Hoyt McKagen

Belfab CNC - http://www.freeyellow.com/members/belfab/belfab.html
Best MC Repair - http://www.freeyellow.com/members/batwings/best.html
Camping/Caving - http://www.freeyellow.com/members/batwings/caving.html
Animals have fleas and ticks but I have minions

Az Barber

Oct 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/24/00
Hoyt McKagen wrote in message <39F5BE...@NOTi-plus.net>...

>I'd've parked it and gone inside to see the manager, then pull a 5 minute
>rant directly in face. With a little bit of luck you can have that
>insolent asshole out on the street with dispatch. The idea is to not let
>manager get a word in at all til you see steam venting from ears. Then
>you smile, say thank you and book off. Guess who's in line for all that
>pressure you built up? A variation on this is to start the screaming
>right in the service lane, where your victim can be nervously listening.
>
>--
>
>Regards,
>
>Hoyt McKagen

So you would act like a spoiled 9 year old girl and then stomp off happy
that you've gotten your way?

This is what's wrong with America. Park the damn bike and go inside. This is
not a big deal. You want to pick a fight, at least pick one that's worth
fighting.

Az
--
AH#56
http://home.mindspring.com/~azbarber/

ju9...@my-deja.com

Oct 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/24/00
Time to call Oak Brook: (630) 623-3000.

They will more then likely send you coupons for free food. They will
also contact the district manager who will contact the franchise
manager (sh_t rolls down hill, and will snowball by time it gets to the
person who gave you hell). Just be sure to tell them the time and date
of the offense so they can track down the offender. Then enjoy the
free food coupons they send you.

Riff Raff

Oct 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/24/00
In article <8t2h2c$81qq$1...@newssvr05-en0.news.prodigy.com>, "John
Fischer" <jfis...@rmi.net> wrote:

> "Sam Posten" <samuel...@ilex.com> wrote in message
>

> > Hmmm, what do you all think about that?
>

> Here's my theory. Ever been inside a McD's or Taco Bell or anywhere else
> when
> someone with a diesel pickup pulls up? The exhaust sounds makes it
> impossible
> to hear what the driver is ordering. It also makes it impossible for the
> next
> few cars behind the truck to easily place their orders.
>
> If you go through the drive-thru on a bike with Harley(tm) pipes, you'll
> be
> doing the same thing - making it extremely difficult for the order boy to
> take
> down the order for yourself and those around you.
>
> Of course, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Shut off your engine.

Cam Penner

Oct 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/24/00
In article <ZjaJ5.18145$Xc.8...@nntp2.onemain.com>, phy...@hit.net
says...

I once was a Drive Through employee. One time a bunch of drunk guys
from my high school came through. One guy wanted a burger and a coke,
but (fortunately for everyone on the road) he didn't have a car. We
made him pretend to be in a car, making engine noises by the speaker for
a few minutes before we came back and told him that we had run right out
of Coke and burgers. He was quite disappointed. He did a good
imitation of a Mustang though....

Cam Penner

Oct 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/24/00
In article <8t3vrc$rc6$1...@slb6.atl.mindspring.net>,
azba...@mindspring.com says...

> So you would act like a spoiled 9 year old girl and then stomp off happy
> that you've gotten your way?
>
> This is what's wrong with America. Park the damn bike and go inside. This is
> not a big deal. You want to pick a fight, at least pick one that's worth
> fighting.

Well put.

You know what happens when you rant like that? Most of the time the
manager will sit there, smile and nod, and listen carefully. If you
don't get too obnoxious, they'll apologize and give you a Big Mac
coupon. Then, once you leave, they'll tell the employee not to sweat it
and have a good laugh over how dumb people look when they get their
panties in a knot. I've seen it many times. I never saw an employee
get chewed out for anything afterwards.

Blue Steel

Oct 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/24/00
None Ya Business wrote:

> On Mon, 23 Oct 2000 13:30:28 EDT, samuel...@ilex.com (Sam Posten)
> wrote:
>

> >how I get to the drive up... As I left she said simply 'For future

> >reference Motorcycles are not welcome at any drivethrough....'
> >

> >Hmmm, what do you all think about that?
> >

> >Sam
>
> I have never had that problem and I go through the drive-thru pretty
> regular. I have even gone to the drive in movie on my bike. One of
> these days I really do have to break down and get a cage. Eleven
> years of winters is beginning to get to me.

You might be better off with a car, cages don't have heaters and cold
wind blows right through the bars.

--
Regards,
Guy Smith

Head Tech
P.C. Professionals
1550 Old Henderson Rd.
Suite N-153
Columbus Ohio 43220

Dan Nitschke

Oct 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/24/00
Az Barber wrote:

> Hoyt McKagen wrote...

> >I'd've parked it and gone inside to see the manager, then pull a 5 minute
> >rant directly in face. With a little bit of luck you can have that
> >insolent asshole out on the street with dispatch. The idea is to not let
> >manager get a word in at all til you see steam venting from ears. Then
> >you smile, say thank you and book off. Guess who's in line for all that
> >pressure you built up? A variation on this is to start the screaming
> >right in the service lane, where your victim can be nervously listening.
>
> So you would act like a spoiled 9 year old girl and then stomp off happy
> that you've gotten your way?

You just defined The World According To Hoyt (tm).
Congratulations. He's displayed it here many times.

> This is what's wrong with America.

Yes. Too many Hoyts.

That sounds like the noise a cat makes when it has a
hairball, doesn't it?
--

/* dan: The Anti-Ged, OB,GYN®, HH #1, LCDB (tm) #1, NGI #0^0 */

Dan Nitschke \__/ peDA...@idiom.com \__/ (.)@(.....).net
-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-
Tell me, is something eluding you, sunshine? Is this not what
you expected to see? -- Pink Floyd, "In the Flesh"

Sam Posten

Oct 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/24/00
>If you go through the drive-thru on a bike with Harley(tm) pipes, you'll be
>doing the same thing - making it extremely difficult for the order boy to take
>down the order for yourself and those around you.

Good theory, hadnt thought about that.

thing is though, my stock Kawa 800a pipes are as quiet as my car, when
at idle at least.

Sam

Sam Posten

Oct 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/24/00
On Tue, 24 Oct 2000 13:44:21 GMT, ju9...@my-deja.com wrote:

>Time to call Oak Brook: (630) 623-3000.
>
>They will more then likely send you coupons for free food. They will
>also contact the district manager who will contact the franchise
>manager (sh_t rolls down hill, and will snowball by time it gets to the
>person who gave you hell). Just be sure to tell them the time and date
>of the offense so they can track down the offender. Then enjoy the
>free food coupons they send you.

Now that's what I'm talking about. Will do, despite the pleas from
people to stop eating at McD's =)

Sam

Sam Posten

Oct 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/24/00
>So you would act like a spoiled 9 year old girl and then stomp off happy
>that you've gotten your way?
>
>This is what's wrong with America. Park the damn bike and go inside. This is
>not a big deal. You want to pick a fight, at least pick one that's worth
>fighting.

I have to agree Az, screaming at the Manager isnt my style. Now the
trick with the dog crap in a flaming bag....

Friend of mune got arrested for 'Terror by fire' with that one when he
was 13... Arlo Guthrie would be amused to know that it stayed on his
'Permanent Record'...

Heheh,
Sam

A. Moore

Oct 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/24/00
Dan Nitschke wrote:

> Az Barber wrote:

<snip>

> > This is what's wrong with America.
>
> Yes. Too many Hoyts.

Ouch! That Hoyts.

Al Moore
DoD 734

AirBornOne

Oct 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/24/00
In article <8t1sjk$1crg$1...@earth.superlink.net>,

samuel...@ilex.com (Sam Posten) wrote:
> Went to pick up some car was and Chrome polish at the local Supermart
> and decided to stop at McD's for a bag of burgers to eat when I got
> home. I didnt think much of it, just left the saddle bags unhitched
> so I could toss the bag in once I got to the window. Obviously didnt
> order a soda as I could not carry that home but burgers and fries
> should have been no problem. Order from the Mcdufus in a box no
> problems, get my cash out to pay em at the drivethrough window, and
> the teeny-bopper working the window starts giving me a ration of hell
> how I'm not allowed to use the drivethrough on a bike.
>
> Well excuuuuuuuse me. I nod politely and say ok, worried that the
> little bastards would spit in my burger should I decide to retort too
> much, but it really struck me as odd. What the hell should they care
> how I get to the drive up... As I left she said simply 'For future
> reference Motorcycles are not welcome at any drivethrough....'
>
> Hmmm, what do you all think about that?
>
> Sam

Well,If I have to get off the bike to be served,I go where the time
and effort and food are duly rewarding.Which usually precludes McJoints
with drive throughs.
Of course 'In n Out' is another story altogether,I'll have to try em
out for MC drivethrough service.
Stay tuned.
--
..."When we come to the place where the road and sky collide"
"Throw me over the edge and watch my spirit fly"

Scott Ferguson

Oct 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/24/00
Okay, so y'all will throw a tantrum, yell at the manager, try to get the
employee fired for doing his/her job, and in general, give the rest of
us a bad name. All because you don't get your way. (Wait a minute -
this time, he actually DID get his way. He got his food, but the
employee asked him politely not to do it again.)

It's hardly the employee's fault - they were following rules that they
had no hand in making, nor do they have the authority to change them.
If you want to do something about this aggregious situation, write a
letter to the manager requesting that they change policy. Or better
yet, haul your ass off your bike and go inside. It's usually faster,
you can make sure you get what you order, you don't have to inhale the
exhaust fumes from the minivan in front of you, and you could probably
stand to stretch your legs anyway.

Jeez, get a grip folks! This "if they ain't for us, they're agin' us!"
attitude is most unattractive, not to mention ineffectual. Be polite,
be resolute, and above all, remind them how much money you spend at
their establishment every year. Works like a charm, and you don't look
like an ass doing it.

Scott Ferguson
1984 Nighthawk S

Jaxi

Oct 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/24/00

Az Barber wrote:

> Hoyt McKagen wrote in message <39F5BE...@NOTi-plus.net>...

> >I'd've parked it and gone inside to see the manager, then pull a 5 minute
> >rant directly in face. With a little bit of luck you can have that
> >insolent asshole out on the street with dispatch. The idea is to not let
> >manager get a word in at all til you see steam venting from ears. Then
> >you smile, say thank you and book off. Guess who's in line for all that
> >pressure you built up? A variation on this is to start the screaming
> >right in the service lane, where your victim can be nervously listening.
> >

> >--
> >
> >Regards,
> >
> >Hoyt McKagen

> So you would act like a spoiled 9 year old girl and then stomp off happy
> that you've gotten your way?
>
> This is what's wrong with America. Park the damn bike and go inside. This is
> not a big deal. You want to pick a fight, at least pick one that's worth
> fighting.

I agree. Besides I found that going inside to a walk up is actually quicker
than the Drive Thru. : )

Jaxi

Rob Kleinschmidt

Oct 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/24/00
Sam Posten wrote:

> Went to pick up some car was and Chrome polish at the local Supermart
> and decided to stop at McD's for a bag of burgers to eat when I got
> home. I didnt think much of it, just left the saddle bags unhitched
> so I could toss the bag in once I got to the window. Obviously didnt
> order a soda as I could not carry that home but burgers and fries
> should have been no problem. Order from the Mcdufus in a box no
> problems, get my cash out to pay em at the drivethrough window, and
> the teeny-bopper working the window starts giving me a ration of hell
> how I'm not allowed to use the drivethrough on a bike.
>
> Well excuuuuuuuse me. I nod politely and say ok, worried that the
> little bastards would spit in my burger should I decide to retort too
> much, but it really struck me as odd. What the hell should they care
> how I get to the drive up... As I left she said simply 'For future
> reference Motorcycles are not welcome at any drivethrough....'
>
> Hmmm, what do you all think about that?

Loud pipes a problem perhaps ? (If not your bike, then
some others maybe)

> Sam

Dave

Oct 24, 2000, 8:34:12 PM10/24/00
In article <MPG.145e19f3...@news.lngly1.bc.wave.home.com>,
Cam Penner <Cam.P...@pleasedontspamgoldmedalsystems.com> wrote:

> 4) Delay factor. Riders take longer to put away their food on
average.

5) The great clouds of oily blue "second-hand" smoke excreted
by Ring Zings are hazardous to employees' health. :-)

> ---
> Cam
> '89 RZ 350

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

(I have an 86.)

--
-- Dave Svoboda, Sandy Eggo

Dave

Oct 24, 2000, 8:48:11 PM10/24/00

"Az Barber" <azba...@mindspring.com> wrote:
> Hoyt McKagen wrote in message <39F5BE...@NOTi-plus.net>...
> >I'd've parked it and gone inside to see the manager,
> Park the damn bike and go inside.

Geez, do you guys even know ANYTHING about being a Denizen?

Naturally the proper DoD response to the t-bopper's final
statement, before riding off, would be to stand up off
the seat, hold the front brake, rev the engine, pop the
clutch, and fill the resteraunt with tire smoke. Then
quietly ride away.

Where's your sense of decorum? Yeesh!

Cam Penner

Oct 24, 2000, 10:52:36 PM10/24/00
In article <8t59q4$4sf$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>, dave_s...@my-deja.com
says...

> In article <MPG.145e19f3...@news.lngly1.bc.wave.home.com>,
> Cam Penner <Cam.P...@pleasedontspamgoldmedalsystems.com> wrote:
>
> > 4) Delay factor. Riders take longer to put away their food on
> average.
>

> 5) The great clouds of oily blue "second-hand" smoke excreted
> by Ring Zings are hazardous to employees' health. :-)

<looks innocently over shoulder>
Smoke? What smoke?

Some Guy on a Bike

Oct 24, 2000, 11:37:36 PM10/24/00
On Tue, 24 Oct 2000 13:46:44 -0500, Scott Ferguson
<sc...@powerbear.com> wrote:

> It's hardly the employee's fault - they were following rules that they
> had no hand in making, nor do they have the authority to change them.

That would be fine, if it were true. IT's not.

Loafy

Oct 25, 2000, 2:48:37 AM10/25/00
http://www.angelfire.com/or/Joker/FunThingsToDoInDriveThru.html

http://www.cultdeadcow.com/cDc_files/cDc-0366.txt (not so much about the
employees, but still highly recommended)

and for the other side of the coin...

http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/Lobby/2645/

----------
"The TV business ... is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic
hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs."
-- Hunter S. Thompson

"Hoyt McKagen" <batwin...@NOTi-plus.net> wrote in message

> Sam Posten wrote:
> > reference Motorcycles are not welcome at any drivethrough....'
> >
> > Hmmm, what do you all think about that?
>

> I think you need to find someone several steps up the food chain at McD
> and report to them the ID of the person involved.
>

> I'd've parked it and gone inside to see the manager, then pull a 5 minute
> rant directly in face. With a little bit of luck you can have that
> insolent asshole out on the street with dispatch. The idea is to not let
> manager get a word in at all til you see steam venting from ears. Then
> you smile, say thank you and book off. Guess who's in line for all that
> pressure you built up? A variation on this is to start the screaming
> right in the service lane, where your victim can be nervously listening.
>
> --
>
> Regards,
>
> Hoyt McKagen

Brian M. Wittling

Oct 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/25/00
You want smoke? *I'll* show you smoke! *revvs up Vespa P200E*
;-)
-B

Smee

Oct 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/25/00
Friends at uni once got hold of two car doors and rolled up to a Mc d's
drive thru making all the car noises etc.
they then proceeded to the window to pick up their order, the girl at
the window dropped the first set of drinks due to her hysterical laughter.
they got their meals but had trouble heading off holding a car door each
and the meal.
In the end they but the lip of the bag in their mouths and exited the
drive thru.
Was a hysterical sight:-)

--
Avoid conflict but fight for the right to use it.
Remove nospam you know the rest.

ju9...@my-deja.com

Oct 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/25/00
In article <8t4dna$25r1$2...@earth.superlink.net>,

Smart decision. The last time I complained to them about a local
franchise I not only received 3 value meal coupons from Oak Brook, but
a week later I got a letter of apology from the franchise along with 3
additional coupons for free jumbo fries and drink with the purchase of
a large sandwich. They are vary concerned about their reputation and
don’t make a lot of excuses for things that go wrong. The food may not
be the greatest, but they still believe in “the customer is always
right”.

Hoyt McKagen

Oct 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/25/00
Az Barber wrote:
> So you would act like a spoiled 9 year old girl and then stomp off happy
> that you've gotten your way?

It works for feminists! If you don't scream when you're dicked with, you
might as well be a doormat.

I have a peculiar POV on all this. I don't think it's my bag to argue,
discuss, write the corp, dick around on the scene for long minutes. I
like to get my goods promptly and proceed. It's MY time that's being
wasted, not theirs. Many times it looks as if the prime objective is to
stall you until the server person has had his say. In some cases you have
NO choice but to wait and suck shit, as at DMV or gov offices. I have
found it's nearly always useless to be reasonable in these cases. So I
find it invigorating and effective to spit fire. You save yourself time
and you make a real impression. Next time you show up, you will not be
treated like dog.

I had a runaround at the Treas office in local gov that perfectly
illustrates this; the bitch behind counter told me a lie to make me move
on, and she in fact managed to stall the transaction, in which I was
right, for about half hour til I recalled I'd never done it her way
before. I went back and leveled an eye on them, who were still laughing
about it, told them tightly it was time to finish the biz. And we did
that, then I went and wrote it up. When this hit the local town NG, it
made a difference. This bitch has since sharply changed her attitude.
What may have been most effective was putting down in writing that
someone who she sent off like that might one day pick up a bit of road
rage and come back to pop a cap in her painted face. That is simple
truth, it happens every day. Next time I saw her she had changed her
painted face to well-scrubbed and she had a much more modest attitude.
This may not sit well with the weenies, but it sure made me feel
empowered.

Motorps...@webtv.net

Oct 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/25/00
rode bike to beer drivethrough. got six-pack. i got off bike to put
six-pack in saddlebag. meanwhile attendant is running back and forth
by me, waiting on other customers (cars) lined up behind me. i'm not
paying attention to where he's at. so i put six-pack away and just as
i start to throw my leg over my bike, BINGO... i accidentally kick
the poor guy right in the balls. put a hurt-n on him. he bent over
and went down on his knees. i apologized and got the hell out of
there.....

Dan Wolf

Oct 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/25/00

F3Rider <f3r...@my-deja.com> wrote in message
<snip>
> FWIW, I went through a fast food drive through in my car, in reverse
> (years ago). My brother was along for the ride so he ordered and
> paid. The person at the window seemed amused.

I thought I was the only one who has done that. At night, too. The guy
manning the driveup window said he thought it was the weirdest looking car
(headlights), until he realized we were coming thru backwards.

Dan

Dan Wolf

Oct 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/25/00

Kirk Pearson <kpea...@nyx10.nyx.net> wrote in message
> During my time in McHell I disallowed DeLoreans (because that tiny side
> window is just IMPOSSIBLE to cram a large drink through), cars driving
> through backward (ok, it was funny the first time), and people who thought
> they were at Wendy's (after turning up the volume on the speaker in the
> drive-through while they ordered and having a good laugh at their
expense),
> but I never disallowed motorcycles, or horses.

My favorite was a lady that ordered a "fish-wich". She was in a cage, tho.
Maybe that explains it.

DoD#2179 (Dan)

Scott Ferguson

Oct 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/25/00
>> It's hardly the employee's fault - they were following rules that
they
>> had no hand in making, nor do they have the authority to change them.

>That would be fine, if it were true. IT's not.

You're telling me that the employees at the drive-up window get to make
policy? This is news to me. Last I heard, they were completely out of
the decision making loop. Except for the decision of whether or not to
spit in your food, that is. Yelling at low level employees is about as
effective as yelling at a houseplant.

Scott Ferguson

Some Guy on a Bike

Oct 25, 2000, 8:55:10 PM10/25/00
On Wed, 25 Oct 2000 12:20:51 -0500, Scott Ferguson
<sc...@powerbear.com> wrote:

>>> It's hardly the employee's fault - they were following rules that they
>>> had no hand in making, nor do they have the authority to change them.

>> That would be fine, if it were true. IT's not.

> You're telling me that the employees at the drive-up window get to make
> policy?

No. Read what I said again. It neither says nor implies that.

If you can't figure out what it means, it doesn't surprise me that
you guessed teh above answer, though.

Big Bob

Oct 26, 2000, 8:56:04 PM10/26/00
Brian M. Wittling wrote:

>You want smoke? *I'll* show you smoke! *revvs up Vespa P200E*

You want smoke? _*I'LL*_ show you smoke!

*revs up 1989 Mack truck*

Rick Damiani

Oct 27, 2000, 12:34:26 AM10/27/00
Hoyt McKagen <batwin...@NOTi-plus.net> wrote:

>What may have been most effective was putting down in writing that
>someone who she sent off like that might one day pick up a bit of road
>rage and come back to pop a cap in her painted face. That is simple
>truth, it happens every day. Next time I saw her she had changed her
>painted face to well-scrubbed and she had a much more modest attitude.
>This may not sit well with the weenies, but it sure made me feel
>empowered.

Wow. Just wow. I guess you really showed them - especially the bit
about being shot. I am impressed.

--
A host is a host from coast to coast ..................... Rick Damiani
and no one will talk to a host that's close .... ri...@nospam.paton.com
Unless the host (that isn't close) ......... ri...@nospam.earthlink.net
is busy, hung or dead ..............................NGI# T695 DoD #2659
'99 Triumph Sprint ST (Guppy) ....... '86 Yamaha Radian (Fire Breather)

1975sup...@home.com

Oct 30, 2000, 1:08:58 AM10/30/00
<sc...@powerbear.com> wrote:

>>> It's hardly the employee's fault - they were following rules that
>they
>>> had no hand in making, nor do they have the authority to change them.
>

>>That would be fine, if it were true. IT's not.
>

>You're telling me that the employees at the drive-up window get to make

>policy? This is news to me. Last I heard, they were completely out of
>the decision making loop. Except for the decision of whether or not to
>spit in your food, that is. Yelling at low level employees is about as
>effective as yelling at a houseplant.

In other words, the low level decided *he* didn't want to deal
with bikes for whatever reason so he tried to run the guy off.

I don't think a major corp would have such a policy to
turn down paying customers. I am not sure if it would even
be legal to do so if they were really discriminatiing. If this
happened to me I would blow it off. But if happened again I would
write a polite letter to corp headquarters and ask if they know this
store is turning away paying customers and appears to be
discriminating agaist bike owners..

>Scott Ferguson

Ray Luce

Nov 2, 2000, 12:24:29 AM11/2/00
hahaha

Scott Ferguson

Nov 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/6/00
Scott Ferguson wrote:

>>You're telling me that the employees at the drive-up window get to
make
>>policy? This is news to me. Last I heard, they were completely out
of
>>the decision making loop. Except for the decision of whether or not
>>spit in your food, that is. Yelling at low level employees is about
as
>>effective as yelling at a houseplant.
>>
>In other words, the low level decided *he* didn't want to deal
>with bikes for whatever reason so he tried to run the guy off.
>
>I don't think a major corp would have such a policy to
>turn down paying customers. I am not sure if it would even
>be legal to do so if they were really discriminatiing. If this
>happened to me I would blow it off. But if happened again I would
>write a polite letter to corp headquarters and ask if they know this
>store is turning away paying customers and appears to be
>discriminating agaist bike owners..

I might believe this were true if I hadn't received the same basic
treatment when I was on my bicycle once. The lady at the window asked
me to come inside next time. Of course, this is a bit more problematic
on a bicycle, since you can park your motorcycle in the parking lot and
have a reasonable expectation (in most parts of the country, at least)
of finding it where you left it when you return. Not so with a bicycle,
unless you happen to be riding around with a kryptonite lock and 10 lbs
of chain around your neck.

I believe it really IS company policy in many cases to request that two
wheeled vehicles (and horses, I understand) come inside to be served.
Motorcycles are more intolerant of the grease and water spills that cars
leave behind in drive through. I have yet to see a car fall over and
injure the driver at a standstill. Yes, I know, this is not a common
occurance on a bike either (especially to the esteemed, experienced
riders on this list), but you have to admit that bikes are only
metastable at a standstill. If your boots slip on a patch of wet
grease, there is a much greater possibility that you'll go down than if
you drove through in a car and one of your tires hit the same patch. I'm
sure that some ninny once went through a drive-through on a bike,
slipped on an oil spot, and sued the company for a billion dollars. I
think that's more likely than an employee not wanting to serve someone
based on discrimination against bikes.

Scott Ferguson

Shaw Eberhadt

Nov 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/6/00
but the big question is, do you have a cupholder on you bike? well yes the
goldwings do but then how do you keep the fries from flying out.

(sarcasm boosters on)
later,

$H@w
'97 ZX7R
be reckless and dangerous!
http://communities.msn.com/shawsworldofwhatever

"Scott Ferguson" <sc...@powerbear.com> wrote in message

> Scott Ferguson wrote:
>
> >>You're telling me that the employees at the drive-up window get to
> make
> >>policy? This is news to me. Last I heard, they were completely out
> of
> >>the decision making loop. Except for the decision of whether or not
> >>spit in your food, that is. Yelling at low level employees is about
> as
> >>effective as yelling at a houseplant.
> >>
> >In other words, the low level decided *he* didn't want to deal
> >with bikes for whatever reason so he tried to run the guy off.
> >
> >I don't think a major corp would have such a policy to
> >turn down paying customers. I am not sure if it would even
> >be legal to do so if they were really discriminatiing. If this
> >happened to me I would blow it off. But if happened again I would
> >write a polite letter to corp headquarters and ask if they know this
> >store is turning away paying customers and appears to be
> >discriminating agaist bike owners..

A. Moore

Nov 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/6/00
Scott Ferguson wrote:

<snip>

> I'm sure that some ninny once went through a drive-through on a bike,
> slipped on an oil spot, and sued the company for a billion dollars. I
> think that's more likely than an employee not wanting to serve someone
> based on discrimination against bikes.

I hadn't thought of that, but you're likely right. Their lawyers may not
even have waited until they actually had such an accident before
suggesting the policy. Not serving motorcyclists at the drive-up window
has got to be cheaper than keeping the driveway clean.

BTW on my way in to work this morning, some guy who works in the same
building stopped me at the entrance.

He: "How come you never stop at those stopsigns?"

I: "Who says I don't stop?"

He: "You don't put your foot down."

I: "I haven't noticed you putting your foot down when you stop,
either."

He: "Huh?"

Idiot Cagers.

Al Moore
DoD 734

Demetrios

Nov 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/6/00
On Mon, 06 Nov 2000 14:34:51 -0600, Scott Ferguson
<sc...@powerbear.com> wrote:

>I believe it really IS company policy in many cases to request that two
>wheeled vehicles (and horses, I understand) come inside to be served.
>Motorcycles are more intolerant of the grease and water spills that cars
>leave behind in drive through. I have yet to see a car fall over and
>injure the driver at a standstill.

snip

Nonsense. Motorcyclists are expected tocome to a sudden stop, stand in
far greasier toll booths to pay and then take off like a banshee in
said greasy asphalt lest some idiot behind them get impatient and
accidently bump them. Are we to disallow motorcycles from toll booths
then using your theory? Funny how the safety of our hides and
potential for liability isn't considered in that situation eh?

This is just another example of a majority treating a minority any way
they see fit since the concept of might makes right has always been
ingrained into our culture. When the members of the slighted group
start to make excuses for the other's shoddy behavior it is a most
sorry situation indeed.