Motorcycles?

Biker Trash

Oct 30, 2004, 2:04:47 PM10/30/04

Didn't this group used to be about motorcycles, and tech, and parts...
Are there not other groups and forums for political babble?

--
Kevin " Papa Roach " O'Donnell
Southern Cruisers Riding Club

"Now I lay me down to sleep, A bottle of
whiskey at my feet, and if I die before I
wake, tell them all I DRANK IT STRAIGHT!! "

We don't stop riding because we get old,
we get old because we stop riding.

Tim Morrow

Oct 30, 2004, 4:40:15 PM10/30/04
Biker Trash wrote:

> Didn't this group used to be about motorcycles, and tech, and parts...

Partially. And partially, it still is.

> Are there not other groups and forums for political babble?

Yes; unfortunately, though, they are all caught up talking about motorcycles,
and tech, and parts... Hardly any political talk in there at all!

So, did you have anything to say on the subject of motorcycles, and tech, and
parts, or did you just drop by to whine?

Radically Sane

Oct 30, 2004, 5:16:03 PM10/30/04
Yes, a long time ago. Now, no. It's gone to the dogs.

"Biker Trash" <goldw...@chartermi.net> wrote in message

mjt

Oct 30, 2004, 5:34:41 PM10/30/04
Biker Trash wrote:

> Are there not other groups and forums for political babble?

... yea, but the problem is that they
only talk about motorcycles
It is against the law for a monster to enter the corporate limits of
Urbana, Illinois.

Larry xlax Lovisone

Oct 30, 2004, 5:59:32 PM10/30/04

> Didn't this group used to be about motorcycles, and tech, and parts...
> Are there not other groups and forums for political babble?

I still post in reeky and I engineer and make my own parts... I even like to
help troubleshoot a rider's problem... just take "xlax" and enter in the
google newsgroups search...

Larry L
94 RC45 #2
Have a wheelie NICE day...
Lean & Mean it in every corner of your life...
If it wasn't for us the fast lane would rust...
V4'S are music to the seat of my pants...
1952 De Havilland Chipmunk...
Yank and bank your brains loose...
http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/-xlax-/
http://home.comcast.net/~netters2/
http://www.fox302.com/index.pl?s=vg&user=netters2

Phyloe

Oct 30, 2004, 6:28:43 PM10/30/04
Wow! That is funny and to the point. You got it, no more politics.
Amazing it took YOU to turn this site around.
Phyloe

"Biker Trash" <goldw...@chartermi.net> wrote in message

Message has been deleted

Tim Morrow

Oct 30, 2004, 6:39:34 PM10/30/04
Radically Sane wrote:

> Yes, a long time ago. Now, no. It's gone to the dogs.

Which neatly explains your presence, as well as the content of your reply.

Alan Moore

Oct 30, 2004, 6:57:57 PM10/30/04
On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 14:04:47 -0400, "Biker Trash"
<goldw...@chartermi.net> wrote:

>Didn't this group used to be about motorcycles, and tech, and parts...
> Are there not other groups and forums for political babble?

When was that?

Al Moore
DoD 734

High Plains Thumper

Oct 31, 2004, 7:22:56 AM10/31/04
mjt wrote:
> Biker Trash wrote:
>
>> Are there not other groups and forums for political babble?
>
> ... yea, but the problem is that they only talk about motorcycles

Linux has it's share of political diatribes, ref alt.linux:

> j* wrote:
>
>> ive been reading post on this list for a number of years & some of
>> the people posting negative threads about other OS's & people using
>> these OS's is disgracefull so....
>> [[ Snip several pages of detailed instructions... ]]
>
> "Why can't we all just get along?"
> Rodney King
>
> See how *easy* it is not to overwrite?
>
> What you don't understand: this thing has become *political* for many
> of us. Politics requires discussion. Generally, appeals for
> politeness and civility serve government and big business better than
> people who might think they've been wronged; such appeals sometimes
> have the effect of shutting the little guy up.

- HPT