1995 yamaha virago 750..

Anthony Orne

Oct 21, 2020, 5:05:43 PM10/21/20
hey, so i recently replaced my stator and ever since then i've had an issue with the bendix gears not engaging the flywheel... i take everything apart and it all looks fine, but when i put it together it works about 15-20 times just fine then just stops engaging the flywheel.. everything tests fine with a multimeter electrical wise and i just put a new battery in a week ago before doing the stator...

Dean Hoffman

Oct 21, 2020, 11:08:57 PM10/21/20
On 10/21/20 4:05 PM, Anthony Orne wrote:
> hey, so i recently replaced my stator and ever since then i've had an issue with the bendix gears not engaging the flywheel... i take everything apart and it all looks fine, but when i put it together it works about 15-20 times just fine then just stops engaging the flywheel.. everything tests fine with a multimeter electrical wise and i just put a new battery in a week ago before doing the stator...

Would using something like graphite to lube the moving parts do
any good?
I take it the flywheel is ok.

The Older Gentleman

Oct 22, 2020, 10:29:31 AM10/22/20
Anthony Orne <ston...@gmail.com> wrote:

> bendix gears not engaging the flywheel.

They all do that, sir. Worst starter motor system in the known world.

--
Kawasaki Ninja H2; Ducati ST2; Yamaha 660 Ténéré; Guzzi Le
Mans II, V50; Honda CB125T2 CD200, CB400F, Yamaha 125 NMax