How much is my 1973 CB350 worth???

Ig

Jun 23, 2008, 1:37:14 PM6/23/08
Greetings Folks,
I am in a bit of a quandary. I am hoping you will read about my
situation and offer your advise.
Thanks in advance.

I own a 1973 CB350 - the body is in very good shape, the engine also.
I paid $1700 bucks for it - it had been parked for years,
My objective was to fix it up and I have been doing so.

Recently, I replaced the air filters in preparation to sell the bike
before I depart in three weeks.
Not surprisingly, the carburator is now totally out of whack. It
leaks, and will barely start.
I know how to go at this to figure it out, however, I don't have much
time, and I am worried that I will have to sell the bike in non-
working condition.

Running, I think I could EASILY get $2000. How much does a bike like
this cost if the new buyer has to pick it up in a pick up or
trailer???

Thanks all !

The Older Gentleman

Jun 23, 2008, 1:42:20 PM6/23/08
Ig <elro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Running, I think I could EASILY get $2000.

Dream on.

If it's in absolutely superb condition, then just possibly.

--
BMW K1100LT Ducati 750SS Honda CB400F, SL125 & SH50 Yamaha XT600E
chateau dot murray at idnet dot com

Kevin

Jun 23, 2008, 1:59:56 PM6/23/08
totallyde...@yahoo.co.uk (The Older Gentleman) wrote in

> Ig <elro...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Running, I think I could EASILY get $2000.
>
> Dream on.
>
> If it's in absolutely superb condition, then just possibly.

your dreaming, I can buy my buddys 350 that has been restored with only
9000 miles on it for 1000. They are not so collectible or have any
intrestrinic value either. you were a sucker to pay that much. KB

--
THUNDERSNAKE #9

Protect your rights or "Lose" them
The 2nd Admendment guarantees the others

The Older Gentleman

Jun 23, 2008, 2:18:05 PM6/23/08
Kevin <kevyN...@netins.net> wrote:

> totallyde...@yahoo.co.uk (The Older Gentleman) wrote in
>
> > Ig <elro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Running, I think I could EASILY get $2000.
> >
> > Dream on.
> >
> > If it's in absolutely superb condition, then just possibly.
> >

> your dreaming, I can buy my buddys 350 that has been restored with only
> 9000 miles on it for 1000. They are not so collectible or have any
> intrestrinic value either. you were a sucker to pay that much. KB

Please get your attributions sorted out, old chap. In other words, learn
to use a newsreader.

Message has been deleted

Who Me?

Jun 23, 2008, 3:25:36 PM6/23/08

"Ig" <elro...@gmail.com> wrote

> I paid $1700 bucks for it - it had been parked for years,
> My objective was to fix it up and I have been doing so.

There's one born every minute..........only these days, I think it is every
second or so !!!

In non-running, non-perfect condition, you overpaid by
about....oooo...$1200.
Suck it up and move on.

You will be lucky.....VERY lucky....to get $500.

.

Jun 23, 2008, 3:45:39 PM6/23/08
On Jun 23, 10:37�am, Ig <elrogi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I own a 1973 CB350 - the body is in very good shape, the engine also.
> I paid $1700 bucks for it - it had been parked for years,

Dude, Honda built about 25 million of those things, and they are about
as
collectible as a 1973 Maytag washing machine.

TOG@Toil

Jun 24, 2008, 10:38:09 AM6/24/08
On 23 Jun, 20:25, "Who Me?" <hitchhi...@dont.panic> wrote:
> "Ig" <elrogi...@gmail.com> wrote

The 350 twin (which I suppose is what he's talking about) is actually
quite in demand in Europe: the classic racing guys hunt them down, and
they can be tweaked to go stupidly fast. But Honda never sold them in
the same numbers as they did in the US, so they're relatively scarce.

Ig

Jun 24, 2008, 6:18:02 PM6/24/08
Well, glad I could be your point of ridicule for the day !
So do you think I'm better off to chop it up and sell it for parts?
I'll post another dumb question some other time, just to brighten your
day...

LJ

Jun 24, 2008, 11:49:09 PM6/24/08

"Ig" <elro...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Why don't you clean the carb out either with a commercial preparation or by
disassembly and get the thing running properly? Check to see what they are
selling for locally on Craig's list and sell it appropriately. I bought a
clean and straight '74 360T with 8 or 9000 miles on it in 2004 for $700 and
sold (easily) for $750 a year or two later. It wasn't perfect but it was in
good shape as a daily driver. I don't think yours is worth what you've got
in it, but if you can run it, ride it and have some fun with it, it will be
worth as much in 5 years as it is now.

The Older Gentleman

Jun 25, 2008, 2:19:18 AM6/25/08
Ig <elro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> So do you think I'm better off to chop it up and sell it for parts?

No. Not in the US. It's worth fuck all. You might get a higher price for
some parts in Europe, but only some, as they sold the 250 version here
as well and barring the engine, the two bikes are pretty much identical.

Just ride and enjoy.

Rick Cortese

Jun 25, 2008, 11:59:55 AM6/25/08
Ig wrote:
> Well, glad I could be your point of ridicule for the day !

Heck, I didn't respond to your original because I thought it was in jest!

It is my hobby. I say hobby to distinguish myself from the
professionals. I have been doing it over 40 years now but take what I
say with a grain of salt.

open language warning!

Motorcycle sales rank just below politicians, used car salesmen, and
lawyers in reputation. You've probably heard the three biggest lies
1) The checks in the mail
2) I love you
3) I won't cumm in your mouth
I would add a forth
4) It ran fine when I parked it. I think it just needs a new battery

For some reason BS and used motorcycle sales go hand in hand. There are
large numbers of honest people of course, but maybe 10% are unscrupulous.

> So do you think I'm better off to chop it up and sell it for parts?
> I'll post another dumb question some other time, just to brighten your
> day...

Getting it running is the best option. It may be worth more parting it
out, I have seen intact exhaust systems from that age bikes go for over
$300, but then you would be left with a bunch of parts that no one wants.

Make it run so they can hear it run, otherwise everyone will think you
blew it up and i.e. pulled the battery so no one could catch you. Most
people that are familiar with used bike sales would be highly insulted
or think 'the games afoot!' if you were to say this.

Then hope you find some rich old white guy who wants to relive his
school days of riding his trusty CB350 to JC. Just be firm on your price
and you may get it from someone who money doesn't matter to anymore. You
should learn some of the language though like "I am only the second
owner." or "Gas if $4/gallon, this will pay for itself in 4 months!"

Rick

The Older Gentleman

Jun 25, 2008, 1:46:12 PM6/25/08
LJ <laremo...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> It wasn't perfect but it was in
> good shape as a daily driver. I don't think yours is worth what you've got
> in it, but if you can run it, ride it and have some fun with it, it will be
> worth as much in 5 years as it is now.

What, 1700 bucks? No chance.

But yes, just forget the money that's been thrown away and enjoy it.

LJ

Jun 25, 2008, 7:20:38 PM6/25/08

"The Older Gentleman" <totallyde...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message

> LJ <laremo...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> It wasn't perfect but it was in
>> good shape as a daily driver. I don't think yours is worth what you've
>> got
>> in it, but if you can run it, ride it and have some fun with it, it will
>> be
>> worth as much in 5 years as it is now.
>
> What, 1700 bucks? No chance.

I don't think I said it was worth 1700 bucks, only that whatever it is worth
now, it will be worth in 5 years.

> But yes, just forget the money that's been thrown away and enjoy it.

Agreed

The Older Gentleman

Jun 26, 2008, 2:09:51 AM6/26/08
LJ <laremo...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> don't think I said it was worth 1700 bucks, only that whatever it is worth
> now, it will be worth in 5 years.

Oh, yes, right, agreed.

jackhall...@gmail.com

Mar 29, 2018, 10:33:54 PM3/29/18
So it's been 10 years and cb350's have gone up in value depending on where you live. You can still get them for pretty cheap sometimes but one in excellent condition is worth $2500-$3500 depending where you are.