FZR400 performance specs wanted.

Geoffrey Merryweather

May 27, 1995, 3:00:00 AM5/27/95
I am part of a formula 3 team racing 4 FZR400's in New Zealand. We need to
get more power out of the bikes, and need some help on what works.
Current spec ranges from stock with SP gearbox and exhaust can to FCR
carbs, megacycle cams of unknown parentage and with a crack in them (being
binned soon) and flowed head.
how well do Ontario pipes work (since I can get one cheaply)?
How good is the Vance and Hines stuff - or is there better gear?
Does anyone have any porting/cam/carb/etc specs that they use?

Thanks
Geoff

-- Geoffrey Merryweather
Fax (0064) 9 2360639
EMail: ge...@deepthnk.kiwi.gen.nz
"By the hammer and hand all the arts do stand"
- Motto of The Worshipful Company of Blacksmiths

ROADRACE 1

Jun 1, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/1/95
Get the Cosworth pistons, they are the hot setup. I am getting 72.4 bhp
from my race 400 and most of the engine internals are stock or modified
stock. Use the stock 400 intake cam and an FZR600 exhaust cam. I did not
degree mine and the thing runs great. Also, use the Keihin FCR 33's,
start jetting around 115 mains. Use a D+D pipe, I recommend nothing else.
DO NOT use the "race kit" CDI box. The stock valve springs will not take
the extra 2000 revs for very long.

If you have any further questions, please address them to me directly and
I will try to answer them for you.

Regards,
Matt Manspeaker
1993 WERA 'D' Superbike
National Champion
York, PA

Jim Brewer

Jun 1, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/1/95
In article <3qkoci$7...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>,

ROADRACE 1 <road...@aol.com> wrote:
>Get the Cosworth pistons, they are the hot setup.

Agreed. I have a fairly fresh 400 motor minus the head w/1mm over Cosworths
for sale if anyone is interested. I also have the head of my 94 HP motor but
it's in need of freshing up.

> DO NOT use the "race kit" CDI box. The stock valve springs will not take
>the extra 2000 revs for very long.

I disagree. I ran with the Kit CDI box (1WG) all last year with no problems
with the stock springs. I was also using Web cams and winding it up to 14.5K
often so the springs were getting a decent workout.

I put 10 race weekends on the motor along with 4 Willow races that were
already on it when I bought it from Curt Jordan of Jordan Engineering.
Definitely proven reliability. This is also the motor that won the expert
lightweight superbike race at the CCS season opener at Daytona this year.

I would suggest avoiding the RD springs. I had some that 1) had higher seat
pressure than stock, 2) had lowerer open pressure than stock, 3) cracked both
under use and while I was removing them from the head.

-Jim Brewer

ROADRACE 1

Jun 4, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/4/95
I'll spot you that the stock springs will take 14.5 but not sustained
operation at 16k. Also, the power drops off about there anyway, so
revving it any higher would be of no real benefit.

The head off your 94 HP motor...............not a 400 right ???

I have seen a 400 motor with a block spacer and 600 pistons and rods make
80 hp , but, the only Yamaha that I have seen with that kind of grunt is
my friends FZR6 that was dyno'd @ 104+. I did get a chance to ride it @
Rockingham and some of the F# and 6R guys were really unhappy !! It spun
the rear out of almost every corner, even the fast ones.

Alex Barba

Jun 6, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/6/95
I was talking with a guy at Bridgehampton about his
100hp FZR400. He said he was running 15:1 compression.
He also had some super trick carbs... He said other than
the very expensive head work and the equally expensive carbs
the bike was fairly stock...

Back to the 16k RPM... what kind of valve springs do
you run. Does simply putting in better springs enable the
motor to spin up to 16k? Is the sharp drop off in power past
14.5k due to the stock valve/spring action?

What does stiffer springs do to the
cam lobes and the shims?

Alex (AMA/CCS A215)

Jim Brewer

Jun 6, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/6/95
In article <3r1kdg$q...@news.sanders.lockheed.com>, Alex Barba <abarba> wrote:
>I was talking with a guy at Bridgehampton about his
>100hp FZR400. He said he was running 15:1 compression.

The guy wouldn't, perhaps, be Philip DeGregorio, would it? If so, I'm
pretty familiar with that motor.

-Jim

Alex Barba

Jun 7, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/7/95

His first name is Phil, (don't know his last) so it's probably him.
I only had a quick chat with him at Bridgehampton
so I don't know anymore about his engine. He did mention he won
Daytona last year and I remember hearing the words "fastest 400 in
the country". With 100hp try not to be... :-) I'll probably see him this
week at Loudon...

How do you handle the valve head to cylinder clearances at 15:1?
Also, is the engine spinning past 14.5k RPM?

Alex

ROADRACE 1

Jun 7, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/7/95
He is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ful of SHIT that it is amazing that he can walk !

Jim Brewer

Jun 7, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/7/95
In article <3r4bck$5...@news.sanders.lockheed.com>, Alex Barba <abarba> wrote:
>His first name is Phil, (don't know his last) so it's probably him.

Probably so.

>I only had a quick chat with him at Bridgehampton so I don't know anymore
>about his engine. He did mention he won Daytona last year

At the CCS season opener in LWSB. He did this year too. Ron Perry won
the ROC at Daytona last October (with a 585cc motor that pulled me) and
I took 2nd.

>and I remember hearing the words "fastest 400 in the country". With 100hp
>try not to be... :-)

It doesn't put out 100hp .. he was pulling your tuna. It was my motor last
year and the best I got out of it was 94. I have the dyno charts (and Phil
has copies). Curt Jordan also got 94hp out of it when Dave Koskenin was
riding it with the WSMC.

>How do you handle the valve head to cylinder clearances at 15:1?

Curt could tell you. There's more in that motor than meets the eye. Curt
said the hard part was keeping the compression _down_.

>Also, is the engine spinning past 14.5k RPM?

Nope, the kit black box limits it a 14.5K. I never hit the rev limit on
it (didn't need to :-), but it would pull strong through an indicated 14K.

-Jim

Alex Barba

Jun 7, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/7/95
> It doesn't put out 100hp .. he was pulling your tuna. It was my motor last
>year and the best I got out of it was 94. I have the dyno charts (and Phil
>has copies). Curt Jordan also got 94hp out of it when Dave Koskenin was
>riding it with the WSMC.

Is Phil using the same carbs you were using?

>>How do you handle the valve head to cylinder clearances at 15:1?
>
> Curt could tell you. There's more in that motor than meets the eye. Curt
>said the hard part was keeping the compression _down_.

Keeping compression down?

You speak strange words to me....

Do you know how Curt Jordan could be reached ? (email)

Alex

Jim Brewer

Jun 7, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/7/95
In article <3r4su5$5...@news.sanders.lockheed.com>, Alex Barba <abarba> wrote:
>Is Phil using the same carbs you were using?

I think so .. Keihin 33mm FCR's.

>Keeping compression down?
>You speak strange words to me....

Yeah, that's what I thought when he told me.

>Do you know how Curt Jordan could be reached ? (email)

Absolutely ... he doesn't have email, but a buddy of his reads this group
(Karl, are you there??). Curt's number in Santa Ana is (714)568-1592. He's
a great guy to talk with and has always been very helpful to me no matter
what kind of question I've had. In my experience, it's tough to find a
decent engine builder that really knows how to get power and reliability out
of a motor .. Curt is one of 'em.

If you do call him and you don't mind, tell him I refered him to you.

-Jim

butchy...@gmail.com

Jan 9, 2020, 5:15:28 AM1/9/20
Matt. It's Butch get in touch.

Matt Manspeaker

Jan 28, 2021, 12:46:28 PM1/28/21
On Thursday, January 9, 2020 at 2:15:28 AM UTC-8, butchy...@gmail.com wrote:
> Matt. It's Butch get in touch.
Butch - please contact col....@gmail.com

global psychedelics

May 3, 2023, 5:28:57 AM5/3/23
Buy NN-DMT Vape Cart 5x1ML (5x1000mg) 5 Cartridge SPECIAL DEAL!!

Text/Call : +1(609)594-2578
Email: globalpsyche...@gmail.com
https://globalpsychedelicsonline.com/product/buy-nn-dmt-vape-cart-5x1ml/

DMT with its mind-altering and existence-changing properties is quickly being one of the most common illicit drugs on the earth. Most individuals say that they’ve already fully altered their destructive thought habits by taking DMT whose chemical formula is Dimethyltryptamine and substituted them with such a renewed understanding that has improved their attitudes and emotional wellbeing for the change. buy nn-dmt vape cart 5x1ml (5x1000mg) 5 Cartridge SPECIAL DEAL!!

Using it in a container with weed or drinking it as a cocktail – sometimes regarded with ayahuasca – has become the most common way of taking DMT. But current times require a new smoking salvia system and which takes us to the DMT vape carts.

Facts That Can Help You Buy nn-dmt vape cart 5x1ml Online

DMT vape carts are the easiest way of consuming DMT that’s why it became so popular these days.
It can be consumed in five to fifteen minutes.

Side Effects of Nn – Dmt Vape Carts 5×1 Ml
Hallucination
Breathing problems such as asthma and so on.
Sleepless nights
Why Choose Us
Quality is the key point to achieve more customers.
Trust is a key factor that helps us to build a strong relationship with our clients.
Deals and discounts also play a major role in achieving more clients.
Conclusion

For its fact-altering and existence-changing powers, DMT is quickly becoming one of the common harmful drugs on the globe. Most users report that they’ve already drastically changed their negative thought patterns habits when using DMT (Dimethyltryptamine) and substituted them with something like a renewed understanding that has affected their lives and substance abuse for the stronger.

https://globalpsychedelicsonline.com/product/girl-scout-cookies-hybrid/
https://globalpsychedelicsonline.com/product/thc-lean-1000mg-syrup/
https://globalpsychedelicsonline.com/product/buy-pe6-mushrooms/
https://globalpsychedelicsonline.com/product/buy-golden-teacher-mushrooms/
https://globalpsychedelicsonline.com/product/buy-psilocybin-pills-online/
https://globalpsychedelicsonline.com/product/buy-b-magic-mushrooms/
https://globalpsychedelicsonline.com/product/cbd-and-delta-8-mix-gummies/
https://globalpsychedelicsonline.com/product/shrooms-delta-8-thc-gummies/
https://globalpsychedelicsonline.com/product/300mg-shroom-microdose/
https://globalpsychedelicsonline.com/product/4-aco-dmt/
https://globalpsychedelicsonline.com/product/jet-fuel-sativa/
https://globalpsychedelicsonline.com/product/buy-proscaline-microdose/
https://globalpsychedelicsonline.com/product/buy-pure-dimethyltryptamine/
https://globalpsychedelicsonline.com/product/cbd-shroom-microdose/
https://globalpsychedelicsonline.com/product/yum-yum-gummies-full-spectrum/
https://globalpsychedelicsonline.com/product/albino-penis-envy-mushrooms/
https://globalpsychedelicsonline.com/product/zen-anxiety-pills/
https://globalpsychedelicsonline.com/product/buy-thc-vape-cartridge/
https://globalpsychedelicsonline.com/product/buy-dmt-1ml-purecybin/
https://globalpsychedelicsonline.com/product/1p-lsd/
https://globalpsychedelicsonline.com/product/4-aco-dmt/
https://globalpsychedelicsonline.com/product/100ug-sour-mint-gummy/
https://globalpsychedelicsonline.com/product/dmt-cartridge-1ml/
https://globalpsychedelicsonline.com/product/buy-5-meo-dmt-cartridge/
https://globalpsychedelicsonline.com/product/buy-lsd-fuzzy-peach/
https://globalpsychedelicsonline.com/product/sunset-sherbet-vape-cartridge/
https://globalpsychedelicsonline.com/product/energy-focus-shroom-microdose/
https://globalpsychedelicsonline.com/product/buy-psilocybin-gummies/
https://globalpsychedelicsonline.com/product/delta-8-shroom-gummies/
https://globalpsychedelicsonline.com/product/buy-dried-mushrooms-online/
https://globalpsychedelicsonline.com/product/buy-albino-goldies-mushrooms/
https://globalpsychedelicsonline.com/product/5-meo-dmt-for-sale/
https://globalpsychedelicsonline.com/product/shroomies-cookies-and-cream/
https://globalpsychedelicsonline.com/product/delta-8-shroom-gummies/
https://globalpsychedelicsonline.com/product/buy-delta-8-vape-cartridge/
https://globalpsychedelicsonline.com/product/buy-mushroom-chocolate-bar/
https://globalpsychedelicsonline.com/product/buy-ehrlich-spot-test-kit/
https://globalpsychedelicsonline.com/product/buy-mdma-crystals-84/
https://globalpsychedelicsonline.com/product/buy-penis-envy-mushroom/
https://globalpsychedelicsonline.com/product/buy-2cb-pills-online/
https://globalpsychedelicsonline.com/product/penis-envy-mushrooms-for-sale/
https://globalpsychedelicsonline.com/product/sour-rainbow-belt/
https://globalpsychedelicsonline.com/product/buy-mushrooms-chocolate-bar/
https://globalpsychedelicsonline.com/product/4-aco-dmt-microdosing/
https://globalpsychedelicsonline.com/product/gummy-bear/
https://globalpsychedelicsonline.com/product/sour-blue-raspberry/

Text/Call : +1(609)594-2578
Email: globalpsyche...@gmail.com

TEAM DC

Nov 23, 2023, 12:00:30 PM11/23/23
Are you looking to buy Quality Pain, Anxiety pills, depression Medications and Research Chemicals for research purposes? Look no further! We guarantee the quality and authenticity of our products with a 99.99% assurance. In addition, you can also purchase legal hallucinogens, Anxiety or Stress meds at a fair price.

The JASON Group is making it possible so all patients in all communities can be able to benefit from their best medical supplies and contant medication supply all over the United States. Our stores are open to help you get all your medical needs without any delay. Ship worldwide (USPS, FedEx, Aramex, UPS, and DHL

ORDER DIRECTLY ON OUR WEBSITE https://www.jasonscottpharmaceuticals.net/

Buy Xanax Bars Online: https://www.jasonscottpharmaceuticals.net/

Oxycodone powder : https://www.jasonscottpharmaceuticals.net/product/oxycodone-powder/

Buy Oxycodone tablets: https://www.jasonscottpharmaceuticals.net/product/oxycodone-powder/

Buy Alprazolam Powder : https://jasonresearchlab.com/

Buy Alprazolam Powder Online: https://www.jasonscottpharmaceuticals.net/

Buy Percocet Online: https://www.jasonscottpharmaceuticals.net/

Buy Diazepam Online: https://www.jasonscottpharmaceuticals.net/

Buy Valium Online: https://www.jasonscottpharmaceuticals.net/

Spravato Esketamine Nasal Spray : https://www.jasonscottpharmaceuticals.net/product/spravato-esketamine-nasal-spray/

Buy Ritalin 20mg Online: https://www.jasonmeds.com

Buy Tramadol Pills/ Capsules Online: https://www.jasonscottpharmaceuticals.co

Buy Ketamine Nasal Spray Online: https://www.jasonscottpharmaceuticals.net/

Buy DMT .5ml Purecybin – 300mg DMT Online: https://www.jasonscottpharmaceuticals.net/

Calypsol Ketamine 500mg/10ml : https://www.jasonscottpharmaceuticals.net/product/calypsol-ketamine-500mg-10ml/

Buy Dmt Online: https://jasonmeds.com/product-category/micro-dose-lsd/

Fubinaca Powder for sale https://jasonresearchlab.com/

Buy LSD online: https://www.jasonscottpharmaceuticals.net/

Buy Adderall XR Capsules/Pills Online: https://www.jasonscottpharmaceuticals.net/

Buy Quality Adderall XR 30MG Capsule Online: https://www.jasonscottpharmaceuticals.co

Spravato Esketamine Nasal Spray : https://www.jasonscottpharmaceuticals.net/product/spravato-esketamine-nasal-spray/

Buy DeadHead Chemist DMT Vape Cartridge: https://www.jasonscottpharmaceuticals.net/

Actavis Promethazine Codeine cough syrup : https://www.jasonscottpharmaceuticals.net/product/actavis-promethazine-codeine-cough-syrup/

Buy 5-MEO DMT .5ml 150mg Mushrooms Canada Online: https://jasonmeds.com/product-category/micro-dose-lsd/

Where to Order Xanax 2mg bars pfizer Online, Buy Mexican Blues 30S, Black tar H, Clear, Yayo, Website: https://www.jasonscottpharmaceuticals.net/

China White, Percocets, Valium, Adderall(IR & XR), Methadone, Hydrocodone, Diazepam, Dilaudid, Oxycotin, Roxycodone, Subutex, Klonpin, Soma, Order Ritalin Online at https://www.jasonscottpharmaceuticals.co

Our Telegram: https://t.me/jason_touchdowns
Discreet shipping: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/B-dr9wiO46I
See Shipping: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnZ0zwLKNTPW2_FzzEXgmIw

JASON SCOTT