Torque & HP of Built GSXR-750

Thomas Ivers

Mar 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/26/97

I emailed Yoshimura on the topic last week and have receieved no
response yet so I thought I would ask NG audience. I will give Yosh a
call this week but thought that my response from the group might be just
as accurate and give a few extra tips beyond the basic questions below.

Does anyone know or know of someone who has results of a dynoed 1996-97
Suzuki GSXR-750 that was built using one of the following Stage 2, or 3
Engine Kits found at the following document:

URL http://www.yoshimura-rd.com/engkits.html

Weight:
What is the lightest that anyone has gotten a 1996-97 GSXR-750...I do
not need to meet any racing rules and will do anything to reduce weight
toward the 350lb area.
What are the lightest rims available for this bike that you can drive
on the street, if you watch what you are doing, and not worry about
replacing every year.

Performance:
Does anyone know what the top end speed is after the build up with
various gearing? Anyone hit 200 MPH yet with it?

Who is the current leader in the quarter mile, ET and speed through the
traps with this bike before and after the build. Did they use NO2 as
well?

Thanks,
Thomas

Andy

Mar 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/27/97

> Does anyone know or know of someone who has results of a dynoed 1996-97
> Suzuki GSXR-750 that was built using one of the following Stage 2, or 3
> Engine Kits found at the following document:
>
> URL http://www.yoshimura-rd.com/engkits.html

Those engine kits are for the old GSXR.
There's no way they'll fit the 96/97 WT.

TTS did a plain big-bore + slip-on can mod to a WT (no gas flow) and got
135bhp and good dollop more torque.

TTS are currently doing a road-going Superbike Spec build up for me that
looks likely to finish up just short of 150bhp and signifigantly more
torque than the Superbike race bikes. This includes (amongst many other
mods) race cams, 800cc big-bore, raised compression, gas-flow, WP Superbike
forks, Marvic wheels, braced swing arm, polished frame, endurance sub
frame, Yoshi full race exhaust, custom carbon kevlar endurance fairing,
ap-racing calipers, lots of lightened bits etc etc.

Just waiting on new wheels and fairing now I think. Unfortunately we can't
run it in this almost finished state as I sold the old front end and
fairing. They've had the bike quite a few months already so I hope it won't
be much longer - the weather over here is just starting to get bikey.

Oh, and these sort of extreme mods are extremely pricey unless you're an
expert mechanic with a lot of free time. Even then the parts alone are
likely to be > $10K

> What is the lightest that anyone has gotten a 1996-97 GSXR-750...I do
> not need to meet any racing rules and will do anything to reduce weight
> toward the 350lb area.

You're asking a lot to lose about 25Kg (55 lb)
I'm losing the back of the rear sub-frame and fitting a lighter front sub.
The Superbike forks are half the weight of stock items, lighter fairing,
lots of titanium and carbon but still it's unlikely on a road bike because
you can't throw away the battery, lights, speedo, stock alternator, fit a
carbon tank (anyone got one?), factory dry clutch etc

> What are the lightest rims available for this bike that you can drive
> on the street, if you watch what you are doing, and not worry about
> replacing every year.

Probably Dymag 3-spoke race wheels but they didn't want us to put them onto
this road bike. Looks like we're going with Marvic instead.

> Performance:
> Does anyone know what the top end speed is after the build up with
> various gearing? Anyone hit 200 MPH yet with it?

It ought to take nearly 200bhp to hit 200mph.
Theres no way anyone can do that with a 750 4s without a turbo or nitrous
and there's not much point starting with a 750 if you're going to go that
far.

- Andy

Mike Franklin

Mar 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/27/97

Also found on Yosh's web site:

BORE & STROKE: 72.0 mm X 46.0 mm
DISPLACEMENT: 749 cc
COMP. RATIO: 13.5:1
MAXIMUM HP: 156 @ 13,5000 rpm
MAXIMUM TQ: 8.98 kgm @ 10,500 rpm
DRY WEIGHT: 355 lbs.

Thomas Ivers wrote:
> Does anyone know or know of someone who has results of a dynoed 1996-97
> Suzuki GSXR-750 that was built using one of the following Stage 2, or 3
> Engine Kits found at the following document:
>
> URL http://www.yoshimura-rd.com/engkits.html

Can't help you with any of your other questions but as far as light
wheels go, it's going to be hard to find both light and strong. I would
imagine that 155 hp and a small bike like the gsxr would have to get
pretty close to 180 mph but it takes the GP guys closer to 180 hp + to
get near 200 on a race track.

--

All the best,

Mike

Thomas Ivers

Mar 28, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/28/97

Thanks...

If anyone ever dynoes one of these and you want to let us know what the
HP and tourqe are I suspect that everyone would appreciate it.

Andy wrote:

> > Does anyone know or know of someone who has results of a dynoed 1996-97
> > Suzuki GSXR-750 that was built using one of the following Stage 2, or 3
> > Engine Kits found at the following document:
> >
> > URL http://www.yoshimura-rd.com/engkits.html
>

> Those engine kits are for the old GSXR.
> There's no way they'll fit the 96/97 WT.
>
> TTS did a plain big-bore + slip-on can mod to a WT (no gas flow) and got
> 135bhp and good dollop more torque.
>
> TTS are currently doing a road-going Superbike Spec build up for me that
> looks likely to finish up just short of 150bhp and signifigantly more
> torque than the Superbike race bikes. This includes (amongst many other
> mods) race cams, 800cc big-bore, raised compression, gas-flow, WP Superbike
> forks, Marvic wheels, braced swing arm, polished frame, endurance sub
> frame, Yoshi full race exhaust, custom carbon kevlar endurance fairing,
> ap-racing calipers, lots of lightened bits etc etc.

I think the 813cc set is the largest Yosh kit offered for the GSXR-750.
Sorry that I didn't point you to the supporting documents online...but
the piston kits for the '96 bike are named seperately and they fit the
GSXR750T. Yosh does not yet have a true Kit listed on the Internet for
the '96-97 GSXR-750 but the kit needed can be assembled...from the parts
available. All of the following documents which relate to the GSXR-750
are located within the URL http://www.yoshimura-rd.com website.

URL http://www.yoshimura-rd.com/pistons.html
Cosworth piston set: 'GSXR750T '96 813cc 75mm 12.5:1 4064'

URL http://www.yoshimura-rd.com/camshaft.html
Yosh cam shafts and sloted sprockets: Stage 2 and Stage 3 cams shown but
no lift and duration values for the cams...If someone wanted to steal
the values they would simply BUY a set!

URL http://www.yoshimura-rd.com/engacc.html
Valve Springs, Cam Chains and Accessories: Everything is listed.

URL http://www.yoshimura-rd.com/rods.html
Carrillo Rods: 'GSXR750T '96'

http://www.yoshimura-rd.com/perfacc.html
Carbs, oil coolers, etc:
Oil Cooler Kit: NONE listed for '96-97
Carbs and accessories for '96-97:
Keihin Flat Slide FCR Carburetors available in 39 and 41mm
Mikuni Smoothbore Carburetors NONE available
Yosh MJN Carburetor System (for race use only) available in 39mm
Yosh Custom Jetting Kits available for 39mm

http://www.yoshimura-rd.com/exhaust.html
Exhaust Systems: All street and strip listed

No Electronic Programmable Ignition listed for the '96-97.

http://www.yoshimura-rd.com/susp.html
Suspension Components: The following are available for '96-97
Rear Sets, Top Triple Clamps, Race Tech Suspension, Fox "Twin-Clicker"
Rear Shocks

And although they offer these they are not explicitly for '96-97!
Yoshimura/Kayaba Forks & Marvic Wheels

> Just waiting on new wheels and fairing now I think. Unfortunately we can't
> run it in this almost finished state as I sold the old front end and
> fairing. They've had the bike quite a few months already so I hope it won't
> be much longer - the weather over here is just starting to get bikey.

What horsepower did your bike come with stock? Hey the Euro sportbike
mags rule! You should get on those guys to get a website...their
awareness and subscriptions would go up. I purchase the Euro sportbike
mags over here in the US for around $5.50U.S. to $6.50U.S. each.

> Oh, and these sort of extreme mods are extremely pricey unless you're an
> expert mechanic with a lot of free time. Even then the parts alone are
> likely to be > $10K

This is to be the last bike that I build in my life and probably the
last bike I buy too. Sort of like most other guys garaged Ferrari
(except about $100,000U.S. cheaper too at least). I will drive it
whenever I can in warm weather only and enjoy it as much as possible. If
I get to old I will just mount it on a wall in my family room.

Steve Perry

Mar 29, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/29/97

Hello from Yoshimura! The discussion on the GSXR750WT is a hot topic to
say the least. The best way to extract good hp gains for a "reasonable"
amount of money is as follows:
SUXR145 Cams ($510)- The only ones available. These are replicas of he
kit camshaft but use the standard cam chain setup as opposed to the
roller chain setup on our superbikes. You will then have to use the
SUXR328T ($799)valve spring kit which includes the race-kit endurance
springs/bases and our ti retainers. Then you must use the Cosworth
Superbike pistons($950) and mill the head 0.45mm to reach a compression
of 13.1:1. Then the Carrillos ($800)or Pankl ($2,XXX) Ti rods need to
be used. Now the race kit steel valves (flat-face) part number
12911-33ESO(IN)/12912-33ESO(EX)
($36 ea.) also must be used to reach the listed compressio ratio.
Keihin 39mm carbs with TPS work very well ($1238) and we have airbox
adaptors($120) and cables($40) also in stock. Add our racekit CDI
32000-33EMO ($465) with true 13,500 redline, balance the crank,
blueprint the motor and you should have 145 hp available at the crank.
Everything listed=A0is in stock and now all the information is on the
table for everyone to see. Thanks!!!

Steve Perry
yos...@webtv.net

Thomas B. Ivers

Apr 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/10/97

Hey you don't get around much do you? I wrote that weeks ago...and you
were so informative too.

Did I saw _ONLY_ naturally aspirated? I said NO2...and I did not exclude
doing anything to the bike did I.

I also said did anyone hit 200 mph with it yet? You can toss anumber at
me then how fast has anyone gotten a race prepped GSXR-750...around 190
MPH yet? I think if you look at the UFO bikes they do come darn close to
200 MPH with naturally aspirated bikes too.

You just have to drop an 1100 or greater size head on the bike now
wouldn't you? I see you do that type of work...can't your big bore bikes
hit 190 to 200 MPH after they are built? NO? Why are you still building
them then?

Must be inner city traffic...

Thank a bunch,
Thomas

Jeff wrote:

>> Thomas Ivers wrote:
>>
>> I emailed Yoshimura on the topic last week and have receieved no
>> response yet so I thought I would ask NG audience. I will give Yosh
>> a call this week but thought that my response from the group might be
>> just as accurate and give a few extra tips beyond the basic questions
>> below.
>>

>> Does anyone know or know of someone who has results of a dynoed
>> 1996-97 Suzuki GSXR-750 that was built using one of the following Stage 2,
>> or 3 Engine Kits found at the following document:
>>
>> URL http://www.yoshimura-rd.com/engkits.html
>>

>> Weight:

>> What is the lightest that anyone has gotten a 1996-97 GSXR-750...I do
>> not need to meet any racing rules and will do anything to reduce
>> weight toward the 350lb area.
>>

>> What are the lightest rims available for this bike that you
>> can drive on the street, if you watch what you are doing, and not worry
>> about replacing every year.
>>

>> Performance:
>> Does anyone know what the top end speed is after the build up with
>> various gearing? Anyone hit 200 MPH yet with it?
>>

>> Who is the current leader in the quarter mile, ET and speed through
>> the traps with this bike before and after the build. Did they use NO2 as
>> well?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Thomas
>>

> 200 mph from a naturally aspirated 3/4 litre bike ????? You are
> kidding right ?
> --
> Jeff Churchill
>
> JC Performance 70-C Comsewogue Rd E. Setauket
> Long Island NY 11733 techline 516-928-6679
>
> http://jcperformance.com/

Dennis McGuire

Apr 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/10/97
to Randy Danneman

On 11 Apr 1997, Randy Danneman wrote:

> > 200 mph from a naturally aspirated 3/4 litre bike ????? You are
> > kidding right ?
> >

> How far away from 200 mph do you think the naturally aspirated 750's were
> at Daytona this year?

Pushing 190 mph. I'm sure that geared for top speed and on a wide
open straight run some of them could hit 200 mph.

Jeff

Randy Danneman

Apr 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/11/97

> 200 mph from a naturally aspirated 3/4 litre bike ????? You are
> kidding right ?
>
> --
> Jeff Churchill

How far away from 200 mph do you think the naturally aspirated 750's were
at Daytona this year?

> --
Randy Danneman
Fantasy Flights
Gaithersburg, MD
301-417-0000
randy_d...@radix.net

Thomas B. Ivers

Apr 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/11/97

Thomas B. Ivers wrote:

> Hey you don't get around much do you? I wrote that weeks ago...and you
> were so informative too.
>
> Did I say _ONLY_ naturally aspirated? I said NO2...and I did not exclude

> doing anything to the bike did I.
>
> I also said did anyone hit 200 mph with it yet? You can toss anumber at
> me then how fast has anyone gotten a race prepped GSXR-750...around 190
> MPH yet? I think if you look at the UFO bikes they do come darn close to
> 200 MPH with naturally aspirated bikes too.
>
> You just have to drop an 1100 or greater size head on the bike now
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> wouldn't you?
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I take that back. I do not think to hit 200 or come right up to it you
would have to go over 900cc. You have to remember that I am not Yosh, am
not supported by Honda, Kaw, or Suzuki, nor do I have $100,000 to build
a bike...so I amy have to use alot of other equipment to get a bike to
200MPH. I do beleive that Yosh, Muzzy, or any other great builder could
build a 750 to hit 200MPH though. Hell...Kenny Roberts or Honda is
capable of using a 500 to hit 200MPH I am sure...but is that their
target!

I have an October 1996 Sport Rider Mag showing several bikes built that
come close to 200 MPH. There is a Horsepower Unlimited 1984 turboed Kaw
GPZ880 (original Bullshit fairing and all) that hit 193 MPH and an
UNFAIRED Team MR. Honda CBR900RR Turbo that hits 187MPH!

I think a fully faired, all new, heavily built GSXR-750 punched out to
883cc could hit 200MPH. Might need NO2 or a turbo(TURBO PROBABLY)....I
do not know, it depends on too many variables. Depends on the builder of
the bike first, driver second, track, weather, and a variable called
luck.

Where are your 200 MPH bikes? What is your fastest bike in the quarter
and on the salt? Now that you have a website you can post information
like that for everyone to see.

Thomas B. Ivers

Apr 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/11/97

Anyone that wants to should take Jeff's challenge. I do believe him to
be serious and he would be there when you set the race up.

> If you can risk a couple of large,......give me a call

> Jeff
> J.C. Performance 70-c Comsewogue Rd E. Setauket, NY 11733
> techline 516-928-6679
> http://jcperformance.com/

Hmmm...tell you what. If you are as good as you say I am sure that
someone here in ChiTown is willing to TAKE your money. Bring cash, your
forms to transfer your vehicles titles, about five to ten guys, and
guns. Guns in the case where you win and someone does not want to pay up
or they want to take what you have...win or lose.

Bring whatever you have to Duke's Drive in on Harlem Ave. on the far
South Side of Chicago on a Friday and Saturday night, then you can set
up to race either behind the Chicago Sotck Yards Ampitheater or out in
the forest preserve somewhere close. That or you can go up to Flukey's
Drive in...I think that is up near Wilmett, IL. I have seen quite a few
very capable vehicles at both locations.

As far as racing me...I am going to _build_ a bike. That was the
reason for the first post or didn't you understand that? Haven't got a
bike capable of raceing you with...that was the point of the discussion
if you remember. I asked for help in identifying the performance
capability of the GSXR-750 and how to build the bike.

Jeff Churchill wrote:

> Thomas,......you are right I don't get out much ! I knew it was a
> mistake to open my mouth !

Well you are the guy with the shop. You have the name and company to
disparage, not me. This is something that someone should have told you
when you purchased your online connectivity. If someone follows your
line of reasoning through the messages that you have posted they may not
take their bike to you because you don't have the ability to read what
it was that I was doing and never offered any direct response to the
original questions...sort of what we call 'trolling.' Having lived in
Chicago or near it I understand BIG city mentality...alot of blustering
and argumentative baloney for nothing...i.e. alot of 'trolling.'

When the guys built your website they should have had some of your
engine work to place online too...not pictures of beat up Nortons. Take
a look at the Yoshimura website to see how to build a webserver for
yourself. I would do it for you but I would charge you a few thousand to
build a website.

> Re: 200 mph I missed the squeeze reference,...sorry
> I still say 200 mph from a naturally aspirated motor is about 8 mph
> more than the best have shown so far,.....I might be wrong,......and that
> 8 mph is a LONG ways away,...horsepower wise. Aerodynamically they are
> still fairly crude.

Are you speaking of all naturally aspirated bikes?...and bikes with
squeeze...and turbos or specific subsets of these? What bikes are you
claiming to not have the capability of getting into the 200MPH mark?
Again look at the values for the UFO contests, superbike racing, and
formula one racing.

Hahn Racecraft of Chicago built a bike that hit 224 MPH...but it was
turboed...and STREET DRIVEN! Ran the 1/4 mile in 8.90 at 168MPH. The
bike was an 1117cc bike. Now if that bike went 224 what makes you think
that a bike built by them or someone as talented cant hit 200MPH and be
around 900cc or smaller who is not building a STREET driven bike? Er...I
would drive it on the street if I could after it was built. Do you just
think that YOU cannot build such a bike or anyone else in the world?

> Yes,....I still build big blocks that can't do over 190,........but
> then again they don't have to compete on your level !

I am not on any 'level'...I want to be able to beat whatever anyone
brings, and that is the whole point in asking questions before you start
and not after. I am setting out to develop a bike and that was all. I
asked as to wether it could be done...you haven't helped much yet.

Instead you ask me for a race???? Is that wat you do to the clients that
come in the door...ask them to race BEFORE you build them a bike. Must
be the air in New York? Thats why they took all the gun rights away in
New York...hehehe. AFTER you fools registered them...hahaha.

> I'm not from the big city,.....but we DO race out here occasionally !
> If you can risk a couple of large,......give me a call,...and bring
> your best 190+ bike. The local rules are: rolling start,....1/4
> 1/2 and 3/4 mile marks in the same race,...best two out of three
> marks,......4 observers each,.....loser has double or nothing option.
> oh,..I almost forgot,......naturally aspirated only.
> Want to play ?
> Didn't mean to upset you,....its just that big numbers are easy to throw
> around,... and I'm man enough,...and old enough to be proven wrong.

Wan't to play...and local rules...Just have a drivers liscense you can
afford to lose. I am planning to build a ROAD RACE BIKE, NOT a quarter
mile bike...we can start out at a rollon and go until hell freezes over
for all I care. Have plastic with you for the gas because we will go
from coast to coast in two directions if we race for your shop.

Previously I have driven from one end of the US to the other...racing
everything I could with a 5.0 Mustang. Lots of fun. Most the drivers
didn't like racing me because when I hit traffic I go off the highway
onto the shoulder. Hate to slow down much. The dual 100 watt Osrams are
neat at night when eveyone else is braking to avoid rabbits in the
desert.

Can your bike run for a few hundred miles at around 125 to 175MPH. I
want to build a bike after I get used to it so that I can be
compettitive with it racing in endurance races...like uhhh ohhhh...eight
and twenty four hour races. Are you getting the idea yet. I am building
a GSXR-750...not an 1100. Hmmm, maybe I should build an 1100 and stick
it in a 750 frame like
Hyper-Cycle who put an 1146 into a 750GSXR. ;-)

And...Who's upset...now does ANYONE want to blow this new yorker back to
the stone age by taking a few thousand of his dollars? Tell you what...I
will post this OPEN invitation at Dukes...maybe someone will come a
callin. Who knows...maybe they will bring a car....hehehe.

> Jeff
> J.C. Performance 70-c Comsewogue Rd E. Setauket, NY 11733
> techline 516-928-6679
> http://jcperformance.com/

Jeff what are your dreams...did you go into bike building to make money
or to do the absolute best that you were capable of...are you doing your
absolute best?

Thomas B. Ivers

Apr 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/11/97

Anyone that wants to should take Jeff's challenge. I am not setting up
the race but Jeff is looking for one. I do believe him to be serious,
has the cash to offer, and he would be there when you set the race up.

thinkthat a bike built by them or someone as talented cant hit 200MPH

Mark Polansky

Apr 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/11/97

eas...@mother.com,News2 writes:
>>Kenny Roberts or Honda is capable of using a 500 to hit 200MPH I am
>sure...but is that their >target!

>If I recall correctly, the Honda was already clocked at over 200.
>(201?) a
>couple years back at Hockenheim.

And I believe someone on a Ducati beat this one recently (within the
past year). Was it Troy Corser?

Erik Astrup

Apr 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/12/97

>Kenny Roberts or Honda is capable of using a 500 to hit 200MPH I am sure...but is that their >target!

If I recall correctly, the Honda was already clocked at over 200. (201?) a
couple years back at Hockenheim.

Erik Astrup - Team Iguana Racing (Ret)
*FOR SALE* '89 Honda Transalp - 1995 Triumph Tiger (Not 4 sale!)
http://www.mother.com/~eastrup/home.htm
Need to know when a roadrace is going to be on TV??
http://www.mother.com/~eastrup/racing/tv.htm

WRJ JRS

Apr 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/12/97

Erik, You're correct the FI 500 Honda did hit actually 203, with Ito
aboard I believe. He is a small rider and presents a clean package behind
the "bubble". The rub is that most TWO_stroke GP 500's are putting out
between 165-200 hp. This combined with the small frontal area makes for
high speed numbers. The four -stroke based WSB 750's are still maxed at
about 190 due to larger frontal area. I wonder how long it will take to
see a Britten style under-seat rad. on a WSB ride? Good luck
Bill J. WRJ...@aol.com
AFM 61
FZR 1000 racebike (gone but not forgotten)
GSXR 750 (the new kid on the block)

Slyman

Apr 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/15/97

On Fri, 11 Apr 1997 13:47:13 -0500, "Thomas B. Ivers"
<www.coo...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

>Hmmm...tell you what. If you are as good as you say I am sure that
>someone here in ChiTown is willing to TAKE your money. Bring cash, your
>forms to transfer your vehicles titles, about five to ten guys, and
>guns. Guns in the case where you win and someone does not want to pay up
>or they want to take what you have...win or lose.

If these gun toting hooligans are your frame of reference then I am
surprised that you don't think these bikes will do 300 MPH. Driving
home the other day crack-boy pulled up next to me on a new GSXR750. I
could resist so I asked him if it was fast. "It'll do 210" he
replied. I am still giggling. Oh did I mention he could bearly shift
out of first gear.

>This is something that someone should have told you
>when you purchased your online connectivity. If someone follows your
>line of reasoning through the messages that you have posted they may not
>take their bike to you because you don't have the ability to read what
>it was that I was doing and never offered any direct response to the
>original questions...sort of what we call 'trolling.' Having lived in
>Chicago or near it I understand BIG city mentality...alot of blustering
>and argumentative baloney for nothing...i.e. alot of 'trolling.'

Actually I would say that my post is a better example of trolling.
Doh...

>When the guys built your website they should have had some of your
>engine work to place online too...not pictures of beat up Nortons. Take
>a look at the Yoshimura website to see how to build a webserver for
>yourself. I would do it for you but I would charge you a few thousand to
>build a website.

Why must he have a web site? I am sure that you have fully analyzed
the benefit to Jeff's shop. NOT. How can you compare Yoshimura with
JC Performance (sorry Jeff)?

>Hahn Racecraft of Chicago built a bike that hit 224 MPH...but it was
>turboed...and STREET DRIVEN! Ran the 1/4 mile in 8.90 at 168MPH.

Didn't that bike catch on fire during UFO. If I remember correctly
nobody was on the bike at the time.

>The
>bike was an 1117cc bike. Now if that bike went 224 what makes you
>thinkthat a bike built by them or someone as talented cant hit 200MPH
>and be around 900cc or smaller who is not building a STREET driven bike?

High speeds are determined by horsepower and aerodynamics. Horsepower
is necessary but NOT the only ingredient. Aerodynamics start to
become very important at speeds above 100mph. For example - riding
position can give you a few mph at the top.

>Er...I would drive it on the street if I could after it was built. Do
>you just think that YOU cannot build such a bike or anyone else in the
>world?

Sure it's easy that's why the speed record is constantly being broken.
NOT.

>Instead you ask me for a race???? Is that wat you do to the clients that
>come in the door...ask them to race BEFORE you build them a bike. Must
>be the air in New York? Thats why they took all the gun rights away in
>New York...hehehe. AFTER you fools registered them...hahaha.

Fools... Now the incidence of death by shooting has dropped
considerably. Fools. It is our God given American right to be shot.

>Wan't to play...and local rules...Just have a drivers liscense you can
>afford to lose. I am planning to build a ROAD RACE BIKE, NOT a quarter

Wait a minute I though you wanted to beat everything out there. A
road race bike won't beat a drag bike or vise versa.

>Previously I have driven from one end of the US to the other...racing
>everything I could with a 5.0 Mustang. Lots of fun. Most the drivers
>didn't like racing me because when I hit traffic I go off the highway
>onto the shoulder.

We shouldn't have to worry about you to long.

>Can your bike run for a few hundred miles at around 125 to 175MPH. I

My 87 Honda Hurricane would cruise at 130 all day. Lots O gas stops
but no worries. But riding on a highway at steady RPMs is very
different from racing.

The Hahn GSXR would be a terrible choice for endurance road racing
even though it will do 224MPH.

>Jeff what are your dreams...did you go into bike building to make money
>or to do the absolute best that you were capable of...are you doing your
>absolute best?

What's wrong with making money and doing your absolute best. That the
problem with people today no ambition.

Thomas Ivers

Apr 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/15/97
to Slyman

Slyman wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Apr 1997 13:47:13 -0500, "Thomas B. Ivers"
> <www.coo...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>
> >Hmmm...tell you what. If you are as good as you say I am sure that
> >someone here in ChiTown is willing to TAKE your money. Bring cash, your
> >forms to transfer your vehicles titles, about five to ten guys, and
> >guns. Guns in the case where you win and someone does not want to pay up
> >or they want to take what you have...win or lose.
>
> If these gun toting hooligans are your frame of reference then I am
> surprised that you don't think these bikes will do 300 MPH. Driving
> home the other day crack-boy pulled up next to me on a new GSXR750. I
> could resist so I asked him if it was fast. "It'll do 210" he
> replied. I am still giggling. Oh did I mention he could bearly shift
> out of first gear.

No. The guy (squid) you saw in your college town is not my frame of
reference nor are a group of 'hooligans,' where do you get that. Do you
think that if you race for $10 to 20k someone will willingly turn it
over...stick to college you dip ass. No men that I know giggle either
Mr. Doherty, Information Systems Specialist, Marketing Dept. Wharton
School.

> >This is something that someone should have told you
> >when you purchased your online connectivity. If someone follows your
> >line of reasoning through the messages that you have posted they may not
> >take their bike to you because you don't have the ability to read what
> >it was that I was doing and never offered any direct response to the
> >original questions...sort of what we call 'trolling.' Having lived in
> >Chicago or near it I understand BIG city mentality...alot of blustering
> >and argumentative baloney for nothing...i.e. alot of 'trolling.'
>

> Actually I would say that my post is a better example of trolling.
> Doh...
>

> >When the guys built your website they should have had some of your
> >engine work to place online too...not pictures of beat up Nortons. Take
> >a look at the Yoshimura website to see how to build a webserver for
> >yourself. I would do it for you but I would charge you a few thousand to
> >build a website.
>

> Why must he have a web site? I am sure that you have fully analyzed
> the benefit to Jeff's shop. NOT. How can you compare Yoshimura with
> JC Performance (sorry Jeff)?

He _has_ a website and needs to work on the content. My background is
MIS (I see that yours might be in computer science and marketing) and
last I checked and I have built well over a thousand webpages without
the use of an editor. After seeing your site
http://www-marketing.wharton.upenn.edu/~simon/ I do not suggest that he
contact you for any help. Nice babe though...made it all worth while.

Jeff has just begun to build his webserver and so it is a bit on the
rough side...I was just giving him a target to shoot for. I don't see a
problem...it was a cheapshot at him and he himself knows he cannot
compete with Yosh who is sponsored by major manufacturers. He pointed
that out too, in that he can build a great bike for the money placed
into the system.

> >Hahn Racecraft of Chicago built a bike that hit 224 MPH...but it was
> >turboed...and STREET DRIVEN! Ran the 1/4 mile in 8.90 at 168MPH.
>

> Didn't that bike catch on fire during UFO. If I remember correctly
> nobody was on the bike at the time.

Not sure...but if it did catch on fire then it was in a bit of high
state of tune which any race bike would be. Does that scare you? That is
the chance that you take when you wring every last bit of performance
out of a bike. No big deal, I am sure Jeff has built a few motors in his
lifetime that have exploded with the power he wrings out of them too.
Any builder that hasn't is not attempting to get the max from the parts
assembled.

> >The
> >bike was an 1117cc bike. Now if that bike went 224 what makes you
> >thinkthat a bike built by them or someone as talented cant hit 200MPH
> >and be around 900cc or smaller who is not building a STREET driven bike?
>

> High speeds are determined by horsepower and aerodynamics. Horsepower
> is necessary but NOT the only ingredient. Aerodynamics start to
> become very important at speeds above 100mph. For example - riding
> position can give you a few mph at the top.

Yeah...I know...do you read the entire string of posts or just hit and
run.

Try _lifting_your_ass_ slightly off of the seat at over 150MPH+ to clean
up the turbulence on the back of the bike, curving your back, and
tucking in your elbows, and placing your head in under the quarter
fairing will get you about ten MPH or more. Do those help you on your
scooter...

> >Er...I would drive it on the street if I could after it was built. Do
> >you just think that YOU cannot build such a bike or anyone else in the
> >world?
>

> Sure it's easy that's why the speed record is constantly being broken.
> NOT.

Hundreds of speed records are broken every year...ever hear of White
Sands New Mexico?

> >Instead you ask me for a race???? Is that wat you do to the clients that
> >come in the door...ask them to race BEFORE you build them a bike. Must
> >be the air in New York? Thats why they took all the gun rights away in
> >New York...hehehe. AFTER you fools registered them...hahaha.
>

> Fools... Now the incidence of death by shooting has dropped
> considerably. Fools. It is our God given American right to be shot.

Take this to news:rec.guns if you want to continue to debate this. For
now all I will say is: No 'Fool' (Slyman) it is our right as citizens of
this country to keep and bear arms for several reasons. I will not
bother here...you can read can't you...pick up a book. Hitler had all of
the Jews register their guns before he banned and then collected them
too (Which has been proposed in some areas of New York too!)...as they
have in California and New York. Similar minds think alike and fools
seldom differ...Liberal friend. And hey...Slyman...I know how it would
be for you to be a unique individual (conservative) on campus, the
campuses are filled with liberals and run by liberals (which I see you
are part of the fabric of) so no problem I understand. Keep your job.

However, the word 'people' in the first through the tenth ammendment
means the people of this country. The second is not any different in
it's reference to 'the people' and yet every idiot takes it to mean some
militarily established group, you must read the intended meaning and the
whole ammendment...it is the people who make up the militia and that
guarantees their right to keep and bear arms, and protect the other
amendments. The biases of educators, judges and politicians have misled
many of you. The ten ammendments were put together through all of the
debates which were previous to the constitution being signed. Read
history that is prior to the constitution to see what was intended. The
mayors of the New York are generally rich, and liberal, as are the
mayors of most major cities in the USA since the minorities and blue
collar worker (who are too strapped for cash to leave) are in control of
the voting booths.

If Klinton's gun laws did anything they did the following: his laws
injected _many_ hundred thousand more 'assult' weapons and handguns as
well as millions of rounds of ammunition to now be stored in homes
across the country. The injection of the weapons into society has not
caused a wave of crime to close in on everyone as they should have if
they were indeed bad for someone to own...it may have even had the
opposite effect? Last I heard from other newsgroups (a number _I_ do not
propose to be factual but is being tossed around) the Brady Bill stopped
just around 250 people from purchasing guns in the last year. That is
the number being prosecuted for illegally attempting to purchase a
weapon who cannot leagally do so according the new laws. WOW...huge
impact. How long would it take me to get a gun of any particular type,
handun, shotgun, or rifle if I R E A L L Y wanted one and had a
record...an hour, two hours? What all of this did was BUY VOTES from
bleeding hearts and that is all.

As far as 'assult' weapons go they are responsible for less than 1.5% of
the homicides nationwide and an 'assult' weapon now carries a very broad
description too...and don't forget that the number of crimes has dropped
even though there are hundreds of thousands more of these weapons out
there. I attribute this to judges and parole boards getting tougher as
they should have been and not letting the 85% who have a very high
recidivism(sp) rate out of jail.

If you want to make an impact...More people are killed every year by
butter knives and baseball bats than 'assult' weapons...hehehe, go for
those weapons of mass destruction! You can start with taking them away
from the Chicago Cubs who suck and misuse them quite frequently!

The liberal politicians went after the one issue they know they can
excite you fools over and they got it...and they got millions of votes
for doing so. Now...onto more bullshit like the 55mph speed limit, the
80 mph speedometer, suggesting restricetd horsepower motorcycles and
cars for the future, mandatory airbags, and forcing us to wear helmets
when we ride... ;-) Liberal agendas?

> >Wan't to play...and local rules...Just have a drivers liscense you can
> >afford to lose. I am planning to build a ROAD RACE BIKE, NOT a quarter
>

> Wait a minute I though you wanted to beat everything out there. A
> road race bike won't beat a drag bike or vise versa.

Naturally, good call that you get that. Jeff must have misunderstood me.
I was posting to the newsgroups to obtain information on building a road
racing bike. He offered to drag race me. It is not and never has been my
intention to build a bike purely for drag racing.

> >Previously I have driven from one end of the US to the other...racing
> >everything I could with a 5.0 Mustang. Lots of fun. Most the drivers
> >didn't like racing me because when I hit traffic I go off the highway
> >onto the shoulder.
>

> We shouldn't have to worry about you to long

Nor you...

http://xp5.dejanews.com/getdoc.xp?recnum=6233519&server=dnserver.db96q2&CONTEXT=861159295.14193&hitnum=0

> >Can your bike run for a few hundred miles at around 125 to 175MPH. I
>

> My 87 Honda Hurricane would cruise at 130 all day. Lots O gas stops
> but no worries. But riding on a highway at steady RPMs is very
> different from racing.
>
> The Hahn GSXR would be a terrible choice for endurance road racing
> even though it will do 224MPH.

Yes, true their bike would make a poor choice for an endurance race. But
they would build a great GSXR-750 road and endurance bike wouldn't
they...and I bet if it were geared accordingly it would hit 200mph.

> >Jeff what are your dreams...did you go into bike building to make money
> >or to do the absolute best that you were capable of...are you doing your
> >absolute best?
>

> What's wrong with making money and doing your absolute best. That the
> problem with people today no ambition.

Nothing is wrong with making money...funny question to ask a guy who
spent several following polo and living in Naperville, IL...hey tell you
what...catch me in Florida Keys next week if you want to see how to
spend money fucking college boy. As far as ambition goes...I had ten
college lackeys working for me over the summer and I have seen that few
have what it takes.

But let me say that after reading your post that Wharton must suck to
let a bean head in like you. ;-)

--

Email sent is published at my discretion.
Of course I mean to tick you off...that's why I write back!

Andy

Apr 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/16/97

> Pushing 190 mph. I'm sure that geared for top speed and on a wide
> open straight run some of them could hit 200 mph.

Only maybe downhill with a 20mph tailwind.
To get a bike from 180mph to 200 mph without a trick fairing wouldtake a
*lot* of power.

Best 750s are making maybe 165bhp.
200mph would require around 200bhp.

- Andy

Shayne Tueller

Apr 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/16/97

Thomas B. Ivers wrote:

<stuff snipped>

> > Re: 200 mph I missed the squeeze reference,...sorry
> > I still say 200 mph from a naturally aspirated motor is about 8 mph
> > more than the best have shown so far,.....I might be wrong,......and that
> > 8 mph is a LONG ways away,...horsepower wise. Aerodynamically they are
> > still fairly crude.
>
> Are you speaking of all naturally aspirated bikes?...and bikes with
> squeeze...and turbos or specific subsets of these? What bikes are you
> claiming to not have the capability of getting into the 200MPH mark?
> Again look at the values for the UFO contests, superbike racing, and
> formula one racing.

Who's arguing that naturally aspirated bikes can't hit 200mph? NHRA
Pro Stock bikes are almost doing 190mph in the 1/4 mile! They have
the capability to easily exceed the 200mph mark. They use no nitrous
or turbos...

> Hahn Racecraft of Chicago built a bike that hit 224 MPH...but it was
> turboed...and STREET DRIVEN! Ran the 1/4 mile in 8.90 at 168MPH. The
> bike was an 1117cc bike. Now if that bike went 224 what makes you
> thinkthat a bike built by them or someone as talented cant hit 200MPH
> and be around 900cc or smaller who is not building a STREET driven bike?

Kent Stotz's street bike built by Hahn Racecraft has run a best of
8.30something in the 1/4 mile. Last year in Prostar's street bike
shootout, an old GS1150 with nitrous won it all with a
mid-8 sec. run. BTW, I must admit that building a 750cc bike
to run 200mph would be a monumental challenge, if not impossible.

<stuff snipped>

-Shayne

Thomas Ivers

Apr 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/16/97
to Slyman

Slyman wrote:

> On Tue, 15 Apr 1997 21:19:45 -0500, Thomas Ivers
> <www.coo...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>
> >> If these gun toting hooligans are your frame of reference then I am
> >> surprised that you don't think these bikes will do 300 MPH. Driving
> >> home the other day crack-boy pulled up next to me on a new GSXR750. I
> >> could resist so I asked him if it was fast. "It'll do 210" he
> >> replied. I am still giggling. Oh did I mention he could bearly shift
> >> out of first gear.
> >
> >No. The guy (squid) you saw in your college town
>
> Come on admit it. Your are a moron. Anyone who thinks Philadelphia
> is a college town can't have his head on straight.

> > is not my frame of
> >reference nor are a group of 'hooligans,' where do you get that.
>
> Uh..... from your post. You remember the guys you so proudly claim to
> hang with that will shot you they lose the race.

I do not hang with them...

> >Do you
> >think that if you race for $10 to 20k someone will willingly turn it
> >over...stick to college you dip ass.
>

> Yep. Unless they are full of shit, a drug dealer or a hooligan. My
> guess is that you are number 1.

I am not full of shit, a drug dealer or hooligan....

> > No men that I know giggle either
>

> giggle either what ????????

> >Mr. Doherty, Information Systems Specialist, Marketing Dept. Wharton
> >School.
>

> I am not sure what you are trying to say. Mr Tomas Ivers nobody.

> >He _has_ a website and needs to work on the content. My background is
> >MIS (I see that yours might be in computer science and marketing) and
> >last I checked and I have built well over a thousand webpages without
> >the use of an editor. After seeing your site
> >http://www-marketing.wharton.upenn.edu/~simon/ I do not suggest that he
> >contact you for any help. Nice babe though...made it all worth while.
>

> You still haven't answered the question of why he need the web sight
> and why should he pay to improve the site. I think you are like to
> many supposed "MIS" people who push technology for the sake of
> pushing. Not for financial reasons. This is why IS depts. are
> constantly forced to justify expenditure.

About the Internet...
Most if not all small businesses will need a website to be established
within the next five years in order to compete in the marketplace. I
believe that domain hosting will become cheaper than it is now and the
material that they place online will supplant or replace the yellow
pages, especially after the phase in of new digital TV's which will
carry extra channels to surf the Internet(perhaps). If businesses do not
have a website within the next five years then they will have to incurr
the full implementation costs with the technologies available at that
time rather than learn about the technologies and implement them as
necessary as the technologies become available. If businesses do not
implement Internet strategies then they stand to loose most available
expansion in their market segment to others.

I am suprised that you are in college and marketing? I also do not think
you understand MIS which is the study of Computer Science, Marketing,
Law, and Management....seems like I have more on the ball here than you
do about the use of the Internet for marketing by a long shot. College
is safe for slackers of your type though...you don't have to face many
real challenges after you obtain tenure unless you want to. Based on
what I have seen from your ability to debate and understand common
English you may have a problem hanging in there until tenure or a degree
is granted.

As to the server...
I did not sell the server system so why should I fix it? It would cost
him several thousand dollars to do the job right, however I am sure he
is capable of learning how to transform his server into a substantial
marketing tool if he desires with little or no help form the outside.

> Glad you appreciated the picture of my wife. Smart guys get it all.

Links to the pictures of your wife are now available to everyone on
several binary newsgroups...and the photo along with your address and
phone number have been placed elsewhere. Enjoy....and to steal a
phrase(temporarily and one use only)...SLURP....

> I notice you didn't mention the Marketing web site. We have been
> featured in many publications and get well over a 1000 hits a day. I
> doubt that you saw any of my other sites either. Now when I have lots
> of time to spend (you know when I don't wan't to make money or have
> fun) I will dedicate my life to improving my personal page so that
> people like you will be impressed.

I will always be unimpressed by you...as will your peers...see below.

> >Jeff has just begun to build his webserver and so it is a bit on the
> >rough side...I was just giving him a target to shoot for. I don't see a
> >problem...it was a cheapshot at him and he himself knows he cannot
> >compete with Yosh who is sponsored by major manufacturers. He pointed
> >that out too, in that he can build a great bike for the money placed
> >into the system.
>

> So now your are saying that you took a cheap shot. And that you
> didn't think before typing.

> >Not sure...but if it did catch on fire then it was in a bit of high
> >state of tune which any race bike would be. Does that scare you? That is

> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> BS. It was hastily put together to be ready for the UFO.

> >the chance that you take when you wring every last bit of performance
> >out of a bike. No big deal, I am sure Jeff has built a few motors in his
> >lifetime that have exploded with the power he wrings out of them too.
> >Any builder that hasn't is not attempting to get the max from the parts
> >assembled.
>

> Look you idiot. I raced 600's and never once did me or any of the
> riders I encountered have a bike spontaneously bust into flame. This
> is not a way to build a race bike. And it would scare me to ride a
> bike that may catch on fire at any time, not to mention that it would
> be the end of the race. Especially if I could be riding a bike that
> wouldn't catch on fire and give me a chance to make it to the finish
> line. It isn't the fastest bike around the track that wins but the
> one that get the finish first.

> >Yeah...I know...do you read the entire string of posts or just hit and
> >run.
>

> I just didn't think you got the idea yet. Your post suggest as much.

> >Try _lifting_your_ass_ slightly off of the seat at over 150MPH+ to clean
> >up the turbulence on the back of the bike, curving your back, and
> >tucking in your elbows, and placing your head in under the quarter
> >fairing will get you about ten MPH or more. Do those help you on your
> >scooter...
>

> Well I see that you are able to paraphrase.
>
> Scooter. Isn't that your little GSXR 750.

> >Hundreds of speed records are broken every year...ever hear of White
> >Sands New Mexico?
>

> Huh... I thought we were talking about motorcycles.

Motorcycles are run at White Sands too...what a knob.

> >> Fools... Now the incidence of death by shooting has dropped
> >> considerably. Fools. It is our God given American right to be shot.
> >

> >Take this to news:rec.guns if you want to continue to debate this. For
>

> You arrogant prick you started it.

No you have with your misinformed tripe...

> >now all I will say is: No 'Fool' (Slyman) it is our right as citizens of
> >this country to keep and bear arms for several reasons. I will not
> >bother here...you can read can't you...pick up a book. Hitler had all of
>

> Why do you keep bringing up Hitler. Is he a hero of yours.

> >the Jews register their guns before he banned and then collected them
>

> Which jews had guns in Germany. I am afraid you are reading the wrong
> books.

Many Jews had guns as did many Germans before Hitler established power.
Afterwards only German Citizens could have any type of firearms and all
Jews were declared to be non-citizens. Hence they had to turn in all of
their guns. Now go read a book or two...

> >too (Which has been proposed in some areas of New York too!)...as they
> >have in California and New York. Similar minds think alike and fools
> >seldom differ...Liberal friend. And hey...Slyman...I know how it would
> >be for you to be a unique individual (conservative) on campus, the
> >campuses are filled with liberals and run by liberals (which I see you
> >are part of the fabric of) so no problem I understand. Keep your job.
>

> The University of Pennsylvania has long been known as a liberal
> University. I think you really need to start reading again. And as
> for you knowing what it would be like to be me. Try adding 60 points
> to your IQ, get a real job, get a good looking wife and a clue and
> write me back.

Why wait...I am writing you back now...

> >However, the word 'people' in the first through the tenth ammendment
> >means the people of this country. The second is not any different in
> >it's reference to 'the people' and yet every idiot takes it to mean some
> >militarily established group, you must read the intended meaning and the
> >whole ammendment...it is the people who make up the militia and that
> >guarantees their right to keep and bear arms, and protect the other
> >amendments.
>

> I though you said you weren't going on with this.... Typical.
>
> Keep reading there is more. We have the right to bear arms to
> overthrow a corrupt government. Or in other words. If the people
> (majority that is) feel that the government is not just then they may
> overthrow said government. But as soon as we allowed the government
> weapons that the common people were denied we effectively removed this
> ability. For example. How would you fight against an F-16? Not even
> the banned assault rifles would have a chance. Now if we could get
> ground to air missiles at the gun shop we would be in business.

> > The biases of educators, judges and politicians have misled

> ^^^^^^^
> I can see that you are free from any such biases.

I was and remain fairly neutral on the subject of guns but had to learn
alot before the last election to cut through the BS being tossed about
by the left and right(even though I definately all a bit on the
conservative side). I am just helping you become a bit more educated so
you can be socially responsible. Huha!

I read about the crime problem when I attended school so that I would
understand the problem explicitly...and not just babble on as so many
like yourself do. I also have lived in the inner city and seen plenty of
what the stats the FBI ammased.

> >If Klinton's gun laws did anything they did the following: his laws
> >injected _many_ hundred thousand more 'assult' weapons and handguns as
> >well as millions of rounds of ammunition to now be stored in homes
> >across the country. The injection of the weapons into society has not
>

> You have answered the question right here. The guns are now stored in
> homes. I have no problem with someone having a gun at home. I just
> don't want it pointed in my face. Only immature or physically weak
> people need carry such a weapon.

Where else would law abiding citizens keep guns they do not legally
carry?

> >Last I heard from other newsgroups (a number _I_ do not
> >propose to be factual but is being tossed around) the Brady Bill stopped
> >just around 250 people from purchasing guns in the last year.
>

> Hard to argue here. But think of it this way. Those 250 people were
> the cream of the crop idiots. The kind who is more likely to make an
> irrational action with a weapon. So maybe they were the 250 most
> important people to remove weapons from.... Maybe.....

> >I attribute this to judges and parole boards getting tougher as
> >they should have been and not letting the 85% who have a very high
> >recidivism(sp) rate out of jail.
>

> If you look at the statistics you will see that shooting has overtaken
> car accident's for the prime cause of death for people under the age
> of 25. Once again I think you should check your facts.

Before you write back can you go down to your campus library and get the
FBI statistics that you are quoting out of context. Save us all alot of
your BS. It would be helpful if you knew what you were speaking about.

The term 'people' in your sentence is too inclusive. Look again at the
FBI statistics. This why it so easy to lead you pricks around like you
have a ring in your nose which you just may have since so many your age
do put a ring in their nose...

Inner-city blacks and latino's under the age of 25 (not even including
whites under the age of 25 who are living in a major city) are the
majority of the ones effected by the current and past rage in gun crimes
over the last ten years. The laws are now being forced down everyones
throats by socialists who have a thing for controlling everyone and
everything _and_ so the fools do not exterminate themselves. In this
nation the very publicized crime of homicide is comitted with a small
caliber handgun not an 'assult' weapon and in more than 95% of the cases
is black on black and latino on latino. Very few of the homicides are
cross ratial, except for about 2% to 4%! Most if not all of the gun
related homicides are caused by...small caliber handguns such as .22,
.25, .32, and .38! NOT 'ASSULT' WEAPONS, rifles, 9mm, .45, or even
weapons with high capacity magazines...sheesh...this moron cannot even
go and read the research he values as main points in his arguments...he
just babbles what he is told by others who want to pass laws and look
important like Klinton and Billary.

In any case...the homicide rate you include above does not now nor has
it ever applied to more than 10% to 15% of the US citizens. It appies
only to those of a particular genetic makeup who are living in low
income neighborhoods full of GABGS who's makeup is predominantly...care
to guess...inner-city Blacks and Latino's who account for less than 15%
of the US population. These people are generally effected in the manner
that they are due to a greater rate of recidivism in the crime of
homicide by fellow gang members.

More than 85% of those released go right back out on the street and
shoot more people since they stay for an average of less than five years
in jail for every homicide they commit. That 85% to 90% commit more than
95% of all violent crime in the US of A. The liberal agenda is to go
easy on the jerks...more 'bleeding hearts'...who feel sorry for them
being in jail. I am not saying it is not a problem needing attention but
it is a problem which cannot be solved by bothering the other 90% of the
citizens who are not bothering anyone. Just keep the criminals in jail
for cripes sakes!

The soft liberal mind is so easliy swayed and played with...it is just
like silly putty.

> >You can start with taking them away
> >from the Chicago Cubs who suck and misuse them quite frequently!
>

> Hey don't forget our Phillies. They suck to...
^^^^

That's too graduate level college boy. And that is more than twice that
you have done that...are you from our country or are you just getting a
hang of the US version of the English language?

> >The liberal politicians went after the one issue they know they can
> >excite you fools over and they got it...and they got millions of votes
> >for doing so. Now...onto more bullshit like the 55mph speed limit, the
> >80 mph speedometer, suggesting restricetd horsepower motorcycles and
>

> Hello.. Hello. What year do you think this is? The 55mph speed
> limit has been dropped in many states. The 80mph speedo rule is no
> longer in effect.

How much did it cost to enforce those and other social programs and then
drop those programs? Probably billions...and you liberals will waste
billions more unless the rest of us put you out of office the next time
around.

> >cars for the future, mandatory airbags, and forcing us to wear helmets
> >when we ride... ;-) Liberal agendas?
>

> Yes. But also economic agendas. You don't like paying high taxes do
> you. PS. Before you start this war I must warn you that my father is
> a prof. in Insurance and my mother in community health. I have years
> worth of data available to make my point. We have to balance the
> public desire for governmental protection (health care etc.) and the
> economic feasibility of the ideas.

> >> Wait a minute I though you wanted to beat everything out there. A
> >> road race bike won't beat a drag bike or vise versa.
> >
> >Naturally, good call that you get that. Jeff must have misunderstood me.
> >I was posting to the newsgroups to obtain information on building a road
> >racing bike. He offered to drag race me. It is not and never has been my
> >intention to build a bike purely for drag racing.
>

> I like it.. I love the corners so much more that a straight line
> race.
>
> But I think that you put Jeff on the defensive and he lashed back.
> You won't get good info if the people you communicate with don't like
> you or can't understand you properly.

> >> We shouldn't have to worry about you to long
> >
> >Nor you...

Look at the moron and how he handles himself on the public highways...he
is quite a threat to society. Yet I will grant you the right to keep and
bear arms...you might shoot yourself accidentally! YES!

http://xp5.dejanews.com/getdoc.xp?recnum=6233519&server=dnserver.db96q2&CONTEXT=861159295.14193&hitnum=0

> You see this is why we should never driver together. Although I bet
> it would be a gas to watch.

Since I have access to several accounts, I returned and obtained all of
the email addresses of your peers. All of the staff in your department,
and college, have been mailed your previous posts about damaging others
property in a malicious manner.

Now go explain your actions to your peers...before they all ask you
about it. The silence you are about to hear is the end of your ability
to gain tenure and the mutual unconditional respect you had been
afforded by your peers.

> But in my defense I don't claim to jump onto the shoulder at 150mph.

> >Yes, true their bike would make a poor choice for an endurance race. But
> >they would build a great GSXR-750 road and endurance bike wouldn't
> >they...and I bet if it were geared accordingly it would hit 200mph.
>

> I am sure they can make a bike for you. Hitting 200mph. Give it the
> gearing and plenty of room and let us know.

> >> What's wrong with making money and doing your absolute best. That the
> >> problem with people today no ambition.
>
> >Nothing is wrong with making money...funny question to ask a guy who
> >spent several following polo and living in Naperville, IL...hey tell you
> >what...catch me in Florida Keys next week if you want to see how to
> >spend money fucking college boy.
>

> As you have commented I have a good looking wife so I don't need to go
> to Florida to spend money fucking college boys. Quite frankly I find
> that disgusting and inappropriate for this discussion. Please keep
> your sexual life away from this thread.

Huh...did I miss something here? I said you are a fucking college
boy...how did that get transposed? You must be a fucking bean head and
dyslexic too.

> You go to Florida for your vacation and think you are bragging about
> money. Obviously we are in a different class. Then again you go to
> fuck college boys.

> >As far as ambition goes...I had ten
> >college lackeys working for me over the summer and I have seen that few
> >have what it takes.
>

> Well I doubt that you had a Wharton student. The high school drop
> outs are even worse.

A few of the guys I had working for me were less than brilliant, many
were lazy...yes. I was instrumental in managing the creation of the
worlds first Cam-Tree indexing spider mechanism. The company that I
created beat the Xerox corporation in creating a spider which indexes
servers on the fly and allows retrieval of every document on any server
directed to via a URL in less than one minute and enables a Java
capable Internet browser to traverse an Internet server containing more
than 5,000 documents in seconds. I ran out of capital and am now seeking
venture capital...What's your fucking excuse...

> >But let me say that after reading your post that Wharton must suck to
> >let a bean head in like you. ;-)
>

> I get it. Like bean counter. Funny.
>
> Now you try to get in. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAAHAHAHAHAHA.

This shows how much you know about the Internet...again you know very
little. You server, and your website, has not been set up properly to
block me or the AT&T server and others which I use have not been set up
to respond to your filter with who I am in order to block me...don't you
check things out before you speak and look like a fool? I can get to
every page on the server you claim is blocked...as can anyone else at
this time.

I have no need to respond to anymore of your posts since your arguments
are so lacking in the mental dexterity necessary to form the ability to
communicate cohesively in a formal debate without looking like a
morooon...YOU and this thread have now been filtered...later. Going to
go catch some rays....

PS. Good luck preparing a statement which explains to your peers your
prior actions as testified to by yourself in a public newsgroup.

Thomas Ivers

Apr 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/16/97

A not so Slyman wrote:

> On Tue, 15 Apr 1997 21:19:45 -0500, Thomas Ivers
> <www.coo...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>
> >> If these gun toting hooligans are your frame of reference then I am
> >> surprised that you don't think these bikes will do 300 MPH. Driving
> >> home the other day crack-boy pulled up next to me on a new GSXR750. I
> >> could resist so I asked him if it was fast. "It'll do 210" he
> >> replied. I am still giggling. Oh did I mention he could bearly shift
> >> out of first gear.
> >
> >No. The guy (squid) you saw in your college town
>
> Come on admit it. Your are a moron. Anyone who thinks Philadelphia
> is a college town can't have his head on straight.
>
> > is not my frame of
> >reference nor are a group of 'hooligans,' where do you get that.
>
> Uh..... from your post. You remember the guys you so proudly claim to
> hang with that will shot you they lose the race.

I do not hang with them...

> >Do you
> >think that if you race for $10 to 20k someone will willingly turn it
> >over...stick to college you dip ass.
>

> Yep. Unless they are full of shit, a drug dealer or a hooligan. My
> guess is that you are number 1.

I am not full of shit, a drug dealer or hooligan....

> > No men that I know giggle either
>

> giggle either what ????????

> >Mr. Doherty, Information Systems Specialist, Marketing Dept. Wharton
> >School.
>

> I am not sure what you are trying to say. Mr Tomas Ivers nobody.
>

> >He _has_ a website and needs to work on the content. My background is
> >MIS (I see that yours might be in computer science and marketing) and
> >last I checked and I have built well over a thousand webpages without
> >the use of an editor. After seeing your site
> >http://www-marketing.wharton.upenn.edu/~simon/ I do not suggest that he
> >contact you for any help. Nice babe though...made it all worth while.
>

> You still haven't answered the question of why he need the web sight
> and why should he pay to improve the site. I think you are like to
> many supposed "MIS" people who push technology for the sake of
> pushing. Not for financial reasons. This is why IS depts. are
> constantly forced to justify expenditure.

About the Internet...
Most if not all small businesses will need to establish a website within

[...]

English and a complete sentence and train of thought you may have a

problem hanging in there until tenure or a degree is granted.

As to the server...
I did not sell the server system so why should I repair it? It would

cost him several thousand dollars to do the job right, however I am sure
he is capable of learning how to transform his server into a substantial
marketing tool if he desires with little or no help form the outside.

> Glad you appreciated the picture of my wife. Smart guys get it all.

Links to the pictures of your wife are now available to everyone on
several binary newsgroups...and the photo along with your address and
phone number have been placed elsewhere. Enjoy....and to steal a

phrase(temporarily and one use only)...SLURP....[This is an example of a
cheap shot...note that a cheap shot is not done on accident but on
purpose to inflame the opposition into not being able to think when
debating and not on accident as you alluded to in an earlier post. This
concept is wasted on you though since I do not think that you have much
of a brain in any case.]

> I notice you didn't mention the Marketing web site. We have been
> featured in many publications and get well over a 1000 hits a day. I
> doubt that you saw any of my other sites either. Now when I have lots
> of time to spend (you know when I don't wan't to make money or have
> fun) I will dedicate my life to improving my personal page so that
> people like you will be impressed.

I will always be unimpressed by you...as will your peers will soon
be...see below.

> [...]

> >amendments.
>

> I though you said you weren't going on with this.... Typical.
>
> Keep reading there is more. We have the right to bear arms to
> overthrow a corrupt government. Or in other words. If the people
> (majority that is) feel that the government is not just then they may
> overthrow said government. But as soon as we allowed the government
> weapons that the common people were denied we effectively removed this
> ability. For example. How would you fight against an F-16? Not even
> the banned assault rifles would have a chance. Now if we could get
> ground to air missiles at the gun shop we would be in business.
>

> > The biases of educators, judges and politicians have misled

> ^^^^^^^
> I can see that you are free from any such biases.

I was and remain fairly neutral on the subject of guns but had to learn

alot before the first election of Klinton in order to cut through the BS
being tossed about. I definately am a bit on the conservative side
though. I am just helping you become a bit more educated so you can be
more socially responsible. Huha!

I read about the crime problem so that I might understand the problem

explicitly...and not just babble on as so many like yourself do. I also
have lived in the inner city and seen plenty of what the stats the FBI

has ammased mean.

> >If Klinton's gun laws did anything they did the following: his laws
> >injected _many_ hundred thousand more 'assult' weapons and handguns as
> >well as millions of rounds of ammunition to now be stored in homes
> >across the country. The injection of the weapons into society has not
>

> You have answered the question right here. The guns are now stored in
> homes. I have no problem with someone having a gun at home. I just
> don't want it pointed in my face. Only immature or physically weak
> people need carry such a weapon.

Where else would law abiding citizens keep guns they do not legally
carry?

> >Last I heard from other newsgroups (a number _I_ do not
> >propose to be factual but is being tossed around) the Brady Bill stopped
> >just around 250 people from purchasing guns in the last year.
>

> Hard to argue here. But think of it this way. Those 250 people were
> the cream of the crop idiots. The kind who is more likely to make an
> irrational action with a weapon. So maybe they were the 250 most
> important people to remove weapons from.... Maybe.....
>

> >I attribute this to judges and parole boards getting tougher as
> >they should have been and not letting the 85% who have a very high
> >recidivism(sp) rate out of jail.
>

> If you look at the statistics you will see that shooting has overtaken
> car accident's for the prime cause of death for people under the age
> of 25. Once again I think you should check your facts.

Before you write back can you go down to your campus library and get the
FBI statistics that you are quoting out of context. Save us all alot of
your BS. It would be helpful if you knew what you were speaking about.

The term 'people' in your sentence is too inclusive for the reference
you have made. Look again at the FBI statistics. This why it so easy to

lead you pricks around like you have a ring in your nose which you just
may have since so many your age do put a ring in their nose...

Inner-city blacks and latino's under the age of 25 (not even including
whites under the age of 25 who are living in a major city) are the
majority of the ones effected by the current and past rage in gun crimes
over the last ten years. The laws are now being forced down everyones
throats by socialists who have a thing for controlling everyone and

everything. The laws are also being put into place so that the fools do
not exterminate themselves and harm innocent people. In this nation the
very publicized crime of homicide with a handgun is comitted with a

small caliber handgun not an 'assult' weapon and in more than 95% of the
cases is black on black and latino on latino. Very few of the homicides

created with handguns are cross ratial, except for about 2% to 4%! Most

if not all of the gun related homicides are caused by...small caliber
handguns such as .22, .25, .32, and .38! NOT 'ASSULT' WEAPONS, rifles,
9mm, .45, or even weapons with high capacity magazines...sheesh...this
moron cannot even go and read the research he values as main points in
his arguments...he just babbles what he is told by others who want to
pass laws and look important like Klinton and Billary.

In any case...the homicide rate you include above does not now nor has

it ever applicable to more than 10% to 15% of the US citizens. It appies

only to those of a particular genetic makeup who are living in low

income neighborhoods full of GANGS who's makeup is predominantly

inner-city Blacks and Latino's who account for less than 15% of the US
population.

These people are generally effected due to a greater rate of recidivism
by fellow gang members. More than 85% of those released for the offense
of homicide with a handgun go right back out on the street and shoot
more people. These criminals stay for an average of less than five years
in jail for every homicide they commit. That 85% who represent less than
5% of the US minority population commit more than 95% of all violent

crime in the US of A. The liberal agenda is to go easy on the
jerks...more 'bleeding hearts'...who feel sorry for them being in jail.
I am not saying it is not a problem needing attention but it is a
problem which cannot be solved by bothering the other 90% of the

citizens in the country who are not bothering anyone.

Just keep the criminals in jail for cripes sakes! That way the children
who must grow up in a Cabrini can grow up without living in the shadow
of so many violent offenders who are concentrated in such a small area.

The soft liberal mind is so easliy swayed and played with...it is just

like silly putty. I bet you are beginning to see my point by now aren't
you?

> >You can start with taking them away
> >from the Chicago Cubs who suck and misuse them quite frequently!
>

> Hey don't forget our Phillies. They suck to...
^^^^

That's 'too' graduate level college boy. And that is more than twice
that you have done that...are you from our country or are you just

getting the hang of the US version of the English language?

> >The liberal politicians went after the one issue they know they can
> >excite you fools over and they got it...and they got millions of votes
> >for doing so. Now...onto more bullshit like the 55mph speed limit, the
> >80 mph speedometer, suggesting restricetd horsepower motorcycles and
>

> Hello.. Hello. What year do you think this is? The 55mph speed
> limit has been dropped in many states. The 80mph speedo rule is no
> longer in effect.

How much did it cost to enforce those and other social programs and then
drop those programs? Probably billions...and you liberals will waste
billions more unless the rest of us put you out of office the next time
around.

> >cars for the future, mandatory airbags, and forcing us to wear helmets
> >when we ride... ;-) Liberal agendas?
>

> Yes. But also economic agendas. You don't like paying high taxes do
> you. PS. Before you start this war I must warn you that my father is
> a prof. in Insurance and my mother in community health. I have years
> worth of data available to make my point. We have to balance the
> public desire for governmental protection (health care etc.) and the
> economic feasibility of the ideas.
>

> >> Wait a minute I though you wanted to beat everything out there. A
> >> road race bike won't beat a drag bike or vise versa.
> >
> >Naturally, good call that you get that. Jeff must have misunderstood me.
> >I was posting to the newsgroups to obtain information on building a road
> >racing bike. He offered to drag race me. It is not and never has been my
> >intention to build a bike purely for drag racing.
>

> I like it.. I love the corners so much more that a straight line
> race.
>
> But I think that you put Jeff on the defensive and he lashed back.
> You won't get good info if the people you communicate with don't like
> you or can't understand you properly.
>

> >> We shouldn't have to worry about you to long
> >
> >Nor you...

Look at the moron and see how he handles himself on the public highways
amongst law abiding citizens...he is quite a threat to society and I
suggest removal. Yet, in keeping with the Bill of Rights, I grant you
the right to keep and bear arms...you might shoot yourself accidentally!
Wouldn't that be nice...YES!

http://xp5.dejanews.com/getdoc.xp?recnum=6233519&server=dnserver.db96q2&CONTEXT=861159295.14193&hitnum=0

> You see this is why we should never driver together. Although I bet
> it would be a gas to watch.

Since I have access to several accounts, I returned and obtained all of
the email addresses of your peers. All of the staff in your department,
and college, have been mailed your previous posts about damaging others
property in a malicious manner.

Now go and prepare to explain your actions to your peers...before they

all ask you about it. The silence you are about to hear is the end of
your ability to gain tenure and the mutual unconditional respect you had
been afforded by your peers.

> But in my defense I don't claim to jump onto the shoulder at 150mph.
>

> >Yes, true their bike would make a poor choice for an endurance race. But
> >they would build a great GSXR-750 road and endurance bike wouldn't
> >they...and I bet if it were geared accordingly it would hit 200mph.
>

> I am sure they can make a bike for you. Hitting 200mph. Give it the
> gearing and plenty of room and let us know.
>

> >> What's wrong with making money and doing your absolute best. That the
> >> problem with people today no ambition.
>
> >Nothing is wrong with making money...funny question to ask a guy who
> >spent several following polo and living in Naperville, IL...hey tell you
> >what...catch me in Florida Keys next week if you want to see how to
> >spend money fucking college boy.
>

> As you have commented I have a good looking wife so I don't need to go
> to Florida to spend money fucking college boys. Quite frankly I find
> that disgusting and inappropriate for this discussion. Please keep
> your sexual life away from this thread.

Huh...did I miss something here? I said you are a fucking college
boy...how did that get transposed? You must be a fucking bean head and
dyslexic too.

> You go to Florida for your vacation and think you are bragging about
> money. Obviously we are in a different class. Then again you go to
> fuck college boys.
>

> >As far as ambition goes...I had ten
> >college lackeys working for me over the summer and I have seen that few
> >have what it takes.
>

> Well I doubt that you had a Wharton student. The high school drop
> outs are even worse.

A few of the guys I had working for me were just barely less than
brilliant, and many were lazy...yes. I was however instrumental in
managing the creation of the worlds first Java Cam-Tree indexing spider
mechanism for the Internet. The company that I created and managed beat
the Xerox corporation (Maybe youv'e heard of it?) in creating a spider
which indexes Internet servers on the fly and allows retrieval of every
document on any server directed to via a URL. In less than one minute a
two dimensional image is created of three dimensional server space and
it enables a user to traverse an Internet server containing more than

5,000 documents in seconds. I ran out of capital and am now seeking
venture capital...What's your fucking excuse...

> >But let me say that after reading your post that Wharton must suck to

> >let a bean head in like you. ;-)

Slyman

Apr 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/17/97

On Wed, 16 Apr 1997 22:27:34 -0500, Thomas Ivers
<www.coo...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

Mr. Ivers,

Firstly your post is off base for this newsgroup. A internet savvy
individual should know that. To long and off topic. If you think
your post will embarrass me then you are sorely mistaken. The only
way I would be embarrassed by you is to be associated with you. And
as such I refuse to continue this ridiculous thread.

At least one of the actions you claim to have taken is illegal. I
have contacted my lawyer in case I find evidence of your wrongdoing.
If your claims are found to be true I will be forced to press charges.

Oh, yeah and which page/s did I claim were blocked? Universities
don't hide info. they distribute it.

Have a nice day.

Racer 577

Apr 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/18/97

In article <01bc4a97$7d049260$c32c...@andy.snsys.com>, "Andy"
<an...@snsys.com> writes:

>Best 750s are making maybe 165bhp.
>200mph would require around 200bhp.

didnt troy corser break 200 at daytona last year? I doubt that a 996
makes over 200hp.

John
Racer 577

John
Racer 577
CCS EX #577

Dennis McGuire

Apr 19, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/19/97
to Racer 577

On 18 Apr 1997, Racer 577 wrote:

> In article <01bc4a97$7d049260$c32c...@andy.snsys.com>, "Andy"
> <an...@snsys.com> writes:
>

> >Best 750s are making maybe 165bhp.
> >200mph would require around 200bhp.
> >

> didnt troy corser break 200 at daytona last year? I doubt that a 996
> makes over 200hp.

Well, I heard from a reliable source that Corser cut the chicane
during tire testing at Daytona in Dec. 1995 and was clocked at just over
200 mph. This was from a reliable source, but I wasn't there so I can't
say that it's a fact.