Where's JMB?

Jonathan Murphy

Jan 20, 1995, 12:07:31 AM1/20/95
Does anyone know what has become of Jean-Michel Bayle? Last time I
heard he finished next to last in his first road race a few years ago.

andy birko

Jan 20, 1995, 12:16:38 AM1/20/95
Jonathan Murphy (jmb...@ix.netcom.com) wrote:
: Does anyone know what has become of Jean-Michel Bayle? Last time I
: heard he finished next to last in his first road race a few years ago.

He finished in the top 10 quite regularly in 250cc GP this year.
--
Andy Birko a...@umdsun2.umd.umich.edu

MMorley1

Jan 20, 1995, 1:14:14 PM1/20/95
Everytime I saw him racing he was in the top five. I don't know how he
finished in the final standings, though.

Mike Morley mmor...@aol.com

Russel Wardman

Jan 20, 1995, 3:35:55 PM1/20/95
jmb...@ix.netcom.com (Jonathan Murphy) writes:

>Does anyone know what has become of Jean-Michel Bayle? Last time I
>heard he finished next to last in his first road race a few years ago

He has come a long way since then. This year he finished 8th (or was
it 7th ?) overall in GP2. He also won the French "Superbikers" again
this year for the 2nd time in a row. The first time he smoked
Eddie Lawson.

This year he will be on an Aprillia (sp?) with (I think) Ruggia.

If he continues to progress as he has, lookout!

--
** Russell Wardman ** 93 CR 125 HONDA **
** Ottawa Ont. Canada ** 85 CR 250 HONDA **

Jonathan Murphy

Jan 21, 1995, 1:54:47 AM1/21/95
Thanx for the requested info on JMB, guys. I'll try to look for him on
TV this year. I've got a few video tape recordings of his 250cc races
back in '92, including the LA Supercross where he purposely would not
pass Damon Bradshaw so as not to help Jeff Stanton win the championship
(he did anyway though). No one liked him and most of the magazines
derided him, but I thought he was cool from the first time I saw him.
Later ...

Jonathan (jmb777!)

Eric Neria

Jan 23, 1995, 7:24:35 PM1/23/95
Jonathan Murphy (jmb...@ix.netcom.com) wrote:
: Does anyone know what has become of Jean-Michel Bayle? Last time I
: heard he finished next to last in his first road race a few years ago.

I dirt rider they showed a picture of him racing one of those
dirt bikes that they turn into street bikes.

Eric

Alan Mckee

Jan 24, 1995, 8:27:14 AM1/24/95
> He also won the 1994 end-of-year supermotad bash in France, against all the
> best road/dirt riders in the world.
> Not so next-to-last now then, is he ?
> Jim.

Apparently next to the supermoto course was a supercross course and
during the races JMB cut onto the supercross track and did some
massive double jumps and then rejoined the supermoto course without
losing his lead.

I wish I had been there...awesome !

Alan

Gwenael BACHELOT

Jan 24, 1995, 2:05:55 AM1/24/95
Alan Mckee wrote :

>Apparently next to the supermoto course was a supercross course and
>during the races JMB cut onto the supercross track and did some
>massive double jumps and then rejoined the supermoto course without
>losing his lead.

>I wish I had been there...awesome !

>Alan

Hum ... Not exactly. The "Guidon d'or" ( the race you 're talking about ) is
a dual road/track race. In the cross track part, there's some jumps. I think
it's what you saw. But all the racers have to do these jumps !
And I saw it ( like I saw it last year ), and it was great.

If you want some other informations about "supermotard" races, post here !

Bye ...

Gwenael Bachelot 91' FZR 1000
Hopital St Antoine, Paris | LIMSI - CNRS, Orsay
Laboratoire de recherches ORL | E-Mail : Bach...@LIMSI.FR
I speak only for me, not for my boss !

Gwenael BACHELOT

Jan 24, 1995, 2:06:50 AM1/24/95
Alan Mckee wrote :

>Apparently next to the supermoto course was a supercross course and
>during the races JMB cut onto the supercross track and did some
>massive double jumps and then rejoined the supermoto course without
>losing his lead.
>I wish I had been there...awesome !
>Alan
Hmm ... Not exactly. The "Guidon d'or" ( the race you 're talking about ) is

Jim Urquhart

Jan 24, 1995, 3:39:05 AM1/24/95
In article <3fngvm$g...@lastactionhero.rs.itd.umich.edu> a...@umdsun2.umd.umich.edu (andy birko) writes:
>Subject: Re: Where's JMB?
>From: a...@umdsun2.umd.umich.edu (andy birko)
>Date: 20 Jan 1995 05:16:38 GMT

TedJ101

Jan 24, 1995, 4:47:43 PM1/24/95
Jean Marie is racing a 250 on the GP circuit. He is not as fast as the
top riders, but he is a pretty steady player in 5th or sixth place as I
recall. He went back to motocross for one race in France (as I recall) and
won going away using a road racing knee down style.
Regards,
<<TED>>
Regards,
<<TED>>

Ornulf Riisnaes

Jan 24, 1995, 4:38:14 PM1/24/95
Russel Wardman (war...@gandalf.ca) wrote:
: jmb...@ix.netcom.com (Jonathan Murphy) writes:

I've heard that JMB is going to race the GP in the 500cc class this
season. Is this correct, and if so; on which team?

-0rnulf Riisnaes.
e-mail: riis...@badlands.nodak.edu

Jonathan Murphy

Jan 25, 1995, 1:09:10 AM1/25/95
In <bachelot.6...@limsi.fr> bach...@limsi.fr (Gwenael BACHELOT)
writes:

>Hum ... Not exactly. The "Guidon d'or" ( the race you 're talking about
) is
>a dual road/track race. In the cross track part, there's some jumps. I
think
>it's what you saw. But all the racers have to do these jumps !
>And I saw it ( like I saw it last year ), and it was great.
>
>If you want some other informations about "supermotard" races, post
here !

Dude, if or when you have any info on Jean-Michel Bayle's next season,
let me know. I wish I could have been there to see that "Guidon d'or"
race.

JMB rules the world!

Jonathan

Mike Sturdevant

Jan 24, 1995, 11:08:30 PM1/24/95
In article <bachelot.6...@limsi.fr> bach...@limsi.fr (Gwenael BACHELOT) writes:

>If you want some other informations about "supermotard" races, post here !

Would love more. For instance, is there a regular series? When I
was at Namur for the 500 GP, there were posters for a supermotard race
a couple weeks later. They were advertising guys like Liles and Peterhansel
on the poster. Is this for real? Guys like this go to a weekend race that
isn't a points paying race? Who is really good at it?

Go fast. Take chances.
Mike S.

Gwenael BACHELOT

Jan 24, 1995, 5:08:28 PM1/24/95

In France, there's two kind of races with the "supermotard" bikes :
- "monobike", which is race only on a roadtrack.
- "supermotard", which is race on a mixt track with roadtrack & cross parts.
In supermotard, you can see some jumps in the dirt part.

There's a championship of monobike and another of supermotard.
It's a great spectacle because all riders are used to slide a lot.
The bikes are two-strokes (500 CR, 500 YZ, or a Kawasaki 500 KX, I presume),
or four strokes ( with HVA ). The must popular rider of supermotard in France
is Stephane Chambon ( on a HVA ). He race too roadracing on Ducati in French
superbike Championship and some Endurance races ( 24h du Mans et Bol d'Or).
Every year, there's an extra race : the "Guidon d'Or".
A lot of knowed pilots race there. And JMB won the two last years using a
roadracing piloting style (with very little slides). In 1993, there was a
great battle Chambon vs Bayle. Bayle won and in 1994, JMB outrunned all of the
others.

I hope I've answer all your questions, but I you have some others, post, I
will answer.

Bye, have fun !

Gwenael BACHELOT

Mike Sturdevant

Jan 25, 1995, 7:52:54 AM1/25/95
In article <bachelot.6...@limsi.fr> bach...@limsi.fr (Gwenael BACHELOT) writes:

>It's a great spectacle because all riders are used to slide a lot.
>The bikes are two-strokes (500 CR, 500 YZ, or a Kawasaki 500 KX, I presume),
>or four strokes ( with HVA ).

Thanks for the info!

Four or five years ago, I remember seeing pictures of a 2 wheel drive
bike being run in the Guidon d'Or. Are crazy machines such as this still
being raced?

Frank Hallek

Jan 24, 1995, 11:45:41 AM1/24/95
JMB finished his second full season of world GP competition riding
for the Chesterfield Aprilla team. After a dismal first season that
earned him the nickname Jean Michael Snail, JMB returned in 94
on a mission. He finished many races in the top ten with his best
performance being a fifth...at Hockenheim I think. He finished the
season eighth in points. Expect him to finish on the rostrum in 95.

andy birko

Jan 25, 1995, 2:30:26 PM1/25/95
Jonathan Murphy (jmb...@ix.netcom.com) wrote:

: Dude, if or when you have any info on Jean-Michel Bayle's next season,

: let me know. I wish I could have been there to see that "Guidon d'or"
: race.

JMB is indeed riding the Aprilia 250 with Max Biaggi this year. I
Hear that in lousy test conditions he was about .1" slower than Max. I say
that Max is a shoe in for the title again this year. That Aprilia screams.

--
Andy Birko a...@umdsun2.umd.umich.edu

Dr Ivan D Reid, uSR Facility, PSI

Jan 29, 1995, 8:27:00 AM1/29/95
In article <D2xIr...@ns1.nodak.edu>,
riis...@badlands.NoDak.edu (Ornulf Riisnaes) writes...

>I've heard that JMB is going to race the GP in the 500cc class this
>season. Is this correct, and if so; on which team?

I don't believe so. Last I heard he was to run the 250 Aprilia
alongside Ruggia.

Ivan Reid, Paul Scherrer Institute, CH. re...@cvax.psi.ch
GSX600F, RG250WD. SI=2.66 "You Porsche. Me pass!" DoD #484

Gwenael BACHELOT

Jan 29, 1995, 5:07:38 PM1/29/95
Dr Ivan D Reid, uSR Facility, PSI wrotes:

> Last I heard he was to run the 250 Aprilia
> alongside Ruggia.

Wrong ... Jmb will run on Aprilia 250 but Ruggia will run on a Honda 250 for
1995.

Gwenael Bachelot 91' FZR 1000
Hopital St Antoine, Paris | LIMSI - CNRS, Orsay
Laboratoire de recherches ORL | E-Mail : Bach...@LIMSI.FR

Speaking only for me...

Alan Mckee

Jan 31, 1995, 6:12:32 AM1/31/95
bach...@limsi.fr (Gwenael BACHELOT) wrote:

> Dr Ivan D Reid, uSR Facility, PSI wrotes:
> > Last I heard he was to run the 250 Aprilia
> > alongside Ruggia.
>
> Wrong ... Jmb will run on Aprilia 250 but Ruggia will run on a Honda 250 for
> 1995.
JMB is on the 2nd works Aprilia alongside someone
called Max Biaggi - remember him :-)