Warning about SC motorcycle dealership - Chris Crudup

novellco...@mindspring.com

Dec 29, 2001, 2:29:16 AM12/29/01
WARNING TO MOTORCYCLE ENTHUSIASTS IN THE SOUTH CAROLINA / FLORIDA AREA

A motorcycle shop in the SC area, called Myrtle Beach Sportbikes
opened for business and then closed when word got out about its owner
Chris Crudup (Christopher Herrin Crudup). He may have opened a new
shop in SC or FL and operating his scam now.

Chris Crudup (This individual ripped off many people in Georgia. One
of his common scams - Chris Crudup would sell a customer's consigned
motorcycle and keep all of the money. Another scam - a customer would
pay for a bike up front and then not receive delivery of the bike.
Many scammed customers filed criminal charges against Chris and some
finally received their money - but many did not. Chris was jailed in
SC on one case in September, 2001, but quickly paid the victim in the
case and was released. There are at least two major civil judgements
against Chris Crudup in Georgia Cobb County Superior Court right now.
An example of his scam would be Cobb County Georgia Superior Court
case #99903013-35.

Chris Crudup also owned a shop in Atlanta, GA called Atlanta
Sportbikes Unlimited. He likes to advertise in the Cycle Trader
magazine for the area he is operating in at the time.

I am trying to get the word out to help prevent it from happening to
others. If Chris Crudup already has scammed you, you need more
details, or if you know his whereabouts, feel free to contact me at
novellco...@mindspring.com Or, call the local police if he
pulled any of the bike scams on you.

With the cycle community sticking together to put the bad guys out of
business we all benefit.

notbob

Dec 29, 2001, 3:20:08 AM12/29/01

"novellco...@mindspring.com" wrote:

> WARNING TO MOTORCYCLE ENTHUSIASTS IN THE SOUTH CAROLINA / FLORIDA AREA

You say this guy is trying to screw us over. How do we know you don't
have a beef with this dude and are just trying to screw HIM over? How
about some proof.

nb
- Benjamin Franklin

Peter Roehling

Dec 29, 2001, 3:33:34 AM12/29/01
notbob wrote:

> "novellco...@mindspring.com" wrote:
> >
> > WARNING TO MOTORCYCLE ENTHUSIASTS IN THE SOUTH CAROLINA / FLORIDA AREA
>
> You say this guy is trying to screw us over. How do we know you don't
> have a beef with this dude and are just trying to screw HIM over? How
> about some proof.

What do you expect for proof? He already gave you a case number for
reference: if you doubt his word, just check it out.

P.

novellco...@mindspring.com

Dec 29, 2001, 11:49:35 AM12/29/01

Good question. Hope this answers it for you. I have been following
this case and was also amazed that someone could get away with this
for so long. Mainly Crudup is able to do it due to the fact the
victims tend to be young (17-23) and not able to get an attorney to
take the case without a big retainer. Sometimes the police help but
many times they belive that if you give the bike to someone to sell
for you, it has not been stolen. However, in many cases he was
charged with theft by conversion. It really all depend on how a
magistrate judge feels that day.

If you have anything to contribute to the cause to help all of the
victims or find Chris Crudup please let us know.

(1) In the warning I put in a criminal case number and the court it
was in. This is easy to check out (even on-line). Either call them
at (770) 528-1300 or go to http://www.cobbgasupctclk.com (web site for
Georgia's Superior Court) to view the details. If you want more case
numbers (civil and criminal) just e-mail me. I wanted the warning
e-mail to be clear and concise so people would read it I I didn't put
every case and victim I know of.
(2) Puting that much false info about someone would be slander to the
higest degree. Note a real (mindspring) e-mail address is easy to
trace. When the information is real and factual it is not slander.
(3) If you would like a sampling of some victims' names, phone numebrs
and e-mails addresses I would be happy to e-mail them to you. I have
checked with a few of them and they don't mind being used as
witnesses.

I am just trying to help others on here not make the mistake so many
made when they tried to sell or buy a sportbike from what they thought
was a legitimate business. The police are not much help to these
people (in a few cases they were) so they only recourse is for them to
go civil with it which is hard for many without an attorney and
expensive with one (this is one reason the scam has been going on so
long). Yes, each scam only netted about $2,000-$5,000 from each
victim but for someone that age it is a lot of money.

In any event, getting the word out to the cycle community is the only
way to shut Chris Crudup down.

On Sat, 29 Dec 2001 08:20:08 GMT, notbob <not_...@NOThotmail.com>

Jim Stinnett

Dec 29, 2001, 12:30:04 PM12/29/01

Peter Roehling <peter_r...@eee.org> wrote in message

> notbob wrote:
> >
> > "novellco...@mindspring.com" wrote:
> > >
> > > WARNING TO MOTORCYCLE ENTHUSIASTS IN THE SOUTH CAROLINA / FLORIDA AREA
> >
> > You say this guy is trying to screw us over. How do we know you don't
> > have a beef with this dude and are just trying to screw HIM over? How
> > about some proof.

Yeah here is another reference I found in relation to that name , ,,,
http://www.phoaks.com/phoaks2/newsgroups/rec/motorcycles/resources0.html

notbob

Dec 29, 2001, 12:40:36 PM12/29/01

"novellco...@mindspring.com" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Good question. Hope this answers it for you......

Could you pass the hot sauce? This foot in my mouth tastes a little
bland. <g>

Sorry guys, I musta been pretty sleepy when I missed the court case
number. And kudos to the Cobb County Superior Court for their excellent
website. I had no trouble finding the scumbag's case, just as you said.

novellco...@mindspring.com

Dec 29, 2001, 3:01:14 PM12/29/01
No problem. :)

On Sat, 29 Dec 2001 17:40:36 GMT, notbob <not_...@NOThotmail.com>
wrote:

>"novellco...@mindspring.com" wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Good question. Hope this answers it for you......
>
>Could you pass the hot sauce? This foot in my mouth tastes a little
>bland. <g>
>
>Sorry guys, I musta been pretty sleepy when I missed the court case
>number. And kudos to the Cobb County Superior Court for their excellent
>website. I had no trouble finding the scumbag's case, just as you said.
>
>nb

-----

Peter Roehling

Dec 29, 2001, 3:04:52 PM12/29/01
notbob wrote:

> Could you pass the hot sauce? This foot in my mouth tastes a little
> bland. <g>

'Sokay. We all screw up from time to time, but it's only the good guys
who'll publicly say "oops", and admit to it.

You qualify.

P.

Phyloe

Dec 30, 2001, 6:19:53 PM12/30/01
(Note to self. notbob is one of the good guys.) good job notbob.
Phyloe

--
You never see a motorcycle parked outside of a psychiatrist's office

"Peter Roehling" <peter_r...@eee.org> wrote in message

Jon Dainty

Dec 30, 2001, 9:58:18 PM12/30/01

<novellco...@mindspring.com> wrote in message

I had to look around a bit because I thought judgments against Crudup had
been entered in the civil court system. I found 23 September 1999 entries
in the criminal court system. Wow--this guy really has worked the system,
from the looks of the docket.

By the way: "slander" is usually verbal, while written ("published")
materials such as what you're typing into this newsgroup would make any
intentionally false, defamatory information "libel." Mind you, I don't for
a minute think you've done that, but I thought I would mention the
distinction.

Keep up the good work. I'm a rider wannabe (2002), and I don't want someone
spoiling it for me or for others.

Jon

novellco...@mindspring.com

Jan 12, 2002, 10:55:19 PM1/12/02
Thanks for all of the follow-up emails from many people about their
dealings with Chris Crudup. I will keep everyone informed as I find
out more. Avoid this guy if you plan on buying a bike or plan on
consigning it for sale. Here is the latest:

So far Chris Crudup has tried to open two bike shops SC. The first
one was at: Myrtle Beach Sportbikes - 1121 North Kings Highway Myrtle
Beach, SC. The word got out quick enough about his problems in
Georgia and he moved to avoid problems (some of the bikes in this
first shop were consigned bikes from Georgia that he moved without the
owner's consent).

The second shop was opened at 742 Main Street Myrtle Beach, SC. Can
someone in SC tell me if this is still open?

Finally, Chris Crudup was arrested in SC in Sept. from the criminal
complaint of a customer in Georgia that had paid for a motorcycle and
did not receive it. The warrant was transferred from GA to SC and
after Chris was arrested he was supposed to be transferred to GA to
stand trial. Before this happened the customer got his money back and
the charges were dropped. It would have been nice if this person had
seen the criminal charges all of the way through but I don't blaim
them for their first priority of getting their money back.

If anyone else has any information on Chris Crudup (esp any new bike
shop he might have opened in any state) please e-mail me at
novellco...@mindspring.com. I want to keep this scum out of the
motorcycle community.

in...@gradechasers.com

Nov 30, 2014, 1:55:21 AM11/30/14
THIS PIECE OF SHIT TRIED TO SCAM ME TOO

HE IS WORKING OUT OF SOUTH FLORIDA NOW IN FORT MYERS and he is flipping bikes out of others people's names ILLEGALLY, and JUMPING TITLES.

I know exactly where he is, his address, and everything !

If you need more information please feel free to contact me. we can contact the police together

joelmanu...@gmail.com

Mar 4, 2015, 12:21:49 PM3/4/15
I think this guy is trying to buy a nike I'm selling.

abcabc...@gmail.com

May 30, 2015, 12:34:03 AM5/30/15
He say's he is meeting me in this am to buy my HD. He's not putting my bike on his trailer. Unless he thinks he can out run my AR-15. He says he is from Fort Myers Florida

abcabc...@gmail.com

May 30, 2015, 12:39:12 AM5/30/15
On Saturday, December 29, 2001 at 2:29:02 AM UTC-5, novellco...@mindspring.com wrote:
Wrote very long email to Novellco...@mindsprong.com on my I phone. Postmaster sent it back as undeliverable. Boy was I mad. Looong email. He's at it again.

tiger...@gmail.com

May 3, 2016, 7:03:22 PM5/3/16
Hey there in...Gradechasers.com,

I believe this POS has been in contact with me trying to weasel a deal to lowball a bike trailer that I have listed 4sale on local CL. He's been a real Ahole and I won't permit this to fester.
I have several of his phone #s (239) & (910) area codes that he has been responding with along with an email address. I am about ready to ride down & do a face2face with the turd so anything that you can offer as in addresses?? I will be most grateful.
Funny because I did a Google search & there are plenty of negative listings found so this POS has left a trail of BS

Thanks