RIP Sonny Barger

DeathGrip

Jun 30, 2022, 4:26:40 PM6/30/22

Gregory Carr

Jul 1, 2022, 2:35:33 PM7/1/22
On Thursday, 30 June 2022 at 13:26:40 UTC-7, DeathGrip wrote:
> https://www.tmz.com/2022/06/30/hells-angels-founder-sonny-barger-dead-dies/

He did anti-smoking commercials after developing throat cancer and getting a hole in his throat. He wrote a best selling book that I never got around to reading and wrote several niche market novels about biker crime. He appeared in Sons Of Anarchy and Gimme Shelter and other films. He did 30 days in county for beating up his wife and never recovered his Harley "Sweet Cocaine" after it was stolen. The very definition of street smart his son disowned him as a young man.

Barger's arrest record included charges ranging from drunken driving to attempted murder. He served 13 years in various prisons, according to news reports.

In 1988, a jury found Barger guilty of conspiracy to violate federal firearms and explosives laws in plots to kill members of a rival gang. He was sentenced to a six-year term at the Phoenix Federal Correctional Institution and was released in 1992.

Barger capitalized on his notoriety. He wrote three books about his life and philosophy, including a best-selling autobiography, "Hell's Angel." A chapter title in one of his books was "Nothing states your position more clearly than a punch in the face." He also wrote two novels.

"Live your life the Sonny Barger way? I don't recommend it," he wrote in the opening lines to his 2005 book "Freedom: Credos from the Road."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonny_Barger Mr. Barger dealt heroin for years many of his classmates became drug addicts he and his Oakland chapter of Hell's Angels worked for the Oakland Police Dept for years beating up hippies and anti-Vietnam protesters but Sonny did a 180 on that a few years later. He beat his then wife Noelle so bad she ended up with a broken back he only did 8 days for that.

83 that is a lot longer life than some never arrested never did drugs ppl live.

Gregory Carr

Jul 11, 2022, 4:49:52 PM7/11/22
12 days later still no funeral for Sonny Barger.

Moms Boucher Just Died In Prison.

Maurice "Moms" Boucher After 20 Years In Canada's Only Supermax Dies Of Cancer. Convictions For Murder (2) Armed Robbery, Rape Of A 16 Yr Old With A Weapon, Break And Enter.
1 view
Subscribe
Greg Carr's profile photo
Greg Carr
12:22 PM (1 hour ago)
Notorious Hells Angel Maurice (Mom) Boucher, jailed for killing 2 prison guards, dies
Maurice "Mom" Boucher
MONTREAL,NOV.27--Hells Angels boss Maurice "Mom" Boucher (2nd left), is greeted by other club members at the boxing match in Montreal Friday.(CP PHOTO)1998(stf-Ryan Remiorz)

The Canadian Press
Published Monday, July 11, 2022 11:21AM EDT
MONTREAL -- Maurice (Mom) Boucher, the former Quebec biker boss imprisoned for murdering two prison guards, has died at age 69.

Correctional Service Canada says Boucher died of apparent natural causes at the federal penitentiary in Ste-Anne-des-Plaines, Que., north of Montreal.

Boucher had been suffering from throat cancer.

The notorious Hells Angels leader had been imprisoned since May 2002 for several crimes, including two counts of first-degree murder, attempted murder and conspiracy to commit murder.

Boucher was serving a life sentence for the 1997 murders of prison guards Pierre Rondeau and Diane Lavigne, during a period of gang violence in Quebec known as the biker wars.

The 1995 killing of an 11-year-old Montreal boy, Daniel Desrochers, who died in an explosion linked to the biker wars, sparked widespread public indignation and led to numerous arrests of members of biker gangs across the province.

https://www.cp24.com/news/notorious-hells-angel-maurice-mom-boucher-jailed-for-killing-2-prison-guards-dies-1.5982627

Sonny Barger the man who helped found H.A.M.C. and recently died also had throat cancer. Mr. Boucher on his first day in the super max prison he spent the last 20 years of his life was shot at by a zip gun while in his cell by a member of the Aboriginal Posse.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maurice_Boucher (Greg: Some of the info is blatetently false such as H.A. only takes White males as members. They can't allow Blacks because of the America's Hell's Angels rules against it. Long term Hell's Angel full patch Ronaldo Lising recently shot is Filipino. Yves "Apache" Trudeau a full patch H.A. assasin 17 Outlaws MC alone was obviosly Aboriginal. I doubt the B.C. Hell's Angel's take orders from the in comparison small Seattle H.A.M.C. who don't even control the state 1% club biker scene unlike B.C.) Mr.Boucher grew up in the poor working class Hochelaga-Maisonneuve neighbourhood of Montreal Jves Lavinge the author made it sound like a neighbourhood of livily bars and music where drugs were also happening I have been there it looks like East Van from the 1950's that never changed without a freshly painted building. Boucher dropped out or school in Grade 9. His home life was violent his Dad a drunk he had 7 siblings. His first motorcycle gang was the SS a white supremacist club that beat up bipoc ppl hoping they would go home to their countries of orgin. He met future Hell's Angels Biff Hamel and Salvatore Cazzetta in the SS. Biff Hamel got the SS into drugs to make money and H.A. eventually had some S.S. members turn into Hell's Angels. In September 1984, Boucher held a gun to the head of a 16-year-old girl and threatened to kill her on the spot if she did not have sex with him, leading to his conviction for rape.

Boucher quit all drugs in the 1980's.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/jun/30/sonny-barger-dead-hells-angels-leader Sonny Barger died June 29 13 days ago still no funeral.

Greg Carr

Jul 14, 2022, 12:28:56 PM7/14/22
Hells Angels want to hold Sonny Barger memorial service at Oakland Coliseum
Barger, the founder of the Oakland chapter, died in late June at the age of 83.
by David DeBolt
July 12, 2022

The Hells Angels want to hold the memorial service in the Coliseum parking lot in August. Credit: Pete Rosos
The Hells Angels Motorcycle Club wants to have one last ride in East Oakland for Sonny Barger, the founder of the Oakland chapter who died two weeks ago at age 83.

The club has requested to hold Barger’s memorial service at the Oakland Coliseum complex, a few miles away from the Foothill Boulevard clubhouse where he founded perhaps the most influential chapter of what would become an international organization of outlaw bikers.

Whether a Coliseum funeral for the former head of the motorcycle gang gets to happen is up for discussion. Henry Gardner, the executive director of the Coliseum Authority, plans to discuss the club’s proposal with his board on Friday morning.

In a memo to the board, Gardner said the Hells Angels have asked to use the stadium’s parking lot for a service in August, but he’s waiting to hear back from authorities.

“We have consulted with the city’s leadership, including the Oakland Police Department, to seek guidance on whether or not this event can be safely and securely managed,” Gardner wrote. “The group estimates there will be approximately 2,000 of their members in attendance. OPD is taking the lead in determining a safety plan and will be providing us with their recommendations on whether and how we should proceed.”

Barger was born in Modesto, moved to Oakland as a youngster, co-founded this city’s chapter of the biker club in the late 1950s, and became its national president, credited with growing the organization internationally. He died of cancer on June 29 at his home in Livermore. His death was announced on his official Facebook page with a note he said was to “be posted immediately after my passing.”

“I’ve lived a long and good life filled with adventure,” the Facebook post said. “And I’ve had the privilege to be part of an amazing club. Although I’ve had a public personna for decades, I’ve mostly enjoyed special time with my club brothers, my family, and close friends.”

A plaque at the Oakland chapter located on Foothill Boulevard. Credit: Amir Aziz
That public personna was a controversial and violent one. Barger’s Oakland Hells Angels led attacks on anti-Vietnam war protesters, a war the club supported, and the Angels became police informants in the 1960s, trading information to Bay Area cops about the activities of radical Leftist and Black power groups. Barger was present when Hells Angels assaulted concertgoers and stabbed a person to death during the 1969 Altamont rock concert. The Oakland police tangled numerous times with the club, carrying out raids on properties owned by the Hells Angels and taking part in investigations of murder, gun and drug trafficking, and other alleged crimes.

Barger was arrested numerous times on drug, weapons, assault, and murder charges in the 1960’s and 1970’s. He spent several years as the chapter president of a club in Arizona and quietly returned to the East Bay to live in Livermore. His 81st birthday was celebrated at the Oakland clubhouse—the 8 and 1 referring to the H and A in the alphabet, and a number the club’s supporters use.

Events at the Coliseum, which is publicly-owned, do not necessarily need the approval of the Coliseum board, which is made up of members of the Oakland City Council, county Board of Supervisors, and members appointed by both government bodies.

The Coliseum was recently the site of another memorial this year. In February, a public gathering was held for John Madden, the former Oakland Raiders coach, broadcaster, and longtime Pleasanton resident.

“We don’t want to deny the ability for family, friends, and associates to memorialize Sonny Barger at a public facility,” Supervisor Nate Miley, who is the chair of the authority board, told The Oaklandside. “We just want to make sure there’s ample precautions taken.”

https://oaklandside.org/2022/07/12/hells-angels-want-to-hold-sonny-barger-memorial-service-at-oakland-coliseum/

Mr. Barger also did anti-smoking commercials as he suffered throat cancer from cigarette addiction and ended up with a hole in his throat.

Cat feces, cobwebs, moths: Oakland A’s complain about Coliseum conditions
With attendance diving, the A’s sent a letter to the head of the Coliseum authority detailing problems at the ballpark.
by David DeBolt
June 1, 2022

Outside the Oakland Coliseum. August 26, 2020. Photo: Pete Rosos
After drawing criticism over having the lowest attendance of any MLB team in the first month of the 2022 season, the Oakland A’s have gone on the offense by documenting a laundry list of complaints about East Oakland’s Coliseum ballpark.

Feces from feral cats, a moth infestation, mold, a nearby homeless encampment, broken seats, and plumbing and water leaks all made the checklist of problems Vice President of Stadium Operations David Rinetti sent to Coliseum Authority Executive Director Henry Gardner in a letter on May 12.

A’s president Dave Kaval also raised the concerns to the Coliseum stadium authority board at its May 20 meeting. Kaval called for Gardner to publicly present a report detailing capital expenditures at the Coliseum over the past five years, which Gardner agreed to do.

“We are working hand-in-hand with Henry (Gardner) on this but they are pretty important issues to determine and ensure that the stadium can stay in a condition that is basically acceptable for Major League Baseball,” Kaval told the stadium authority board. “I wanted to ensure there was a proper sense of urgency on getting these things resolved.”

Kaval’s remarks and the front office letter follow a month of bad press about dreadful fan turnout at the Coliseum. The A’s are averaging about 7,800 fans per game, the lowest of the 30 MLB franchises.

A’s fans on social media have been quick to point out the deficiencies on and off the field, from the cobwebs, broken seats, and problems at concession stands to the doubling of ticket prices, elimination of perks like A’s Access, and trading away marquee players under billionaire owner John Fisher.

The eight-page A’s letter included the following complaints:

Here’s what else is going on in Oakland:

Two Oakland parks are getting big investments
Two Oakland parks are getting big investments

Oakland police say hate crimes have slowed but Chinatown residents remain on alert
Oakland police say hate crimes have slowed but Chinatown residents remain on alert

Couple auctions 100 bonsai trees to benefit Oakland’s Lake Merritt gardens
Couple auctions 100 bonsai trees to benefit Oakland’s Lake Merritt gardens
Seats, which were initially installed in 1996, are in disrepair and while most are fixed on the spot some need more repair and “are sometimes out of commission for several games,” especially in sections behind home plate
Plumbing leaks in the A’s arena offices, A’s clubhouse areas, the Eastside Club, the A’s batting cage, and the Shibe Park Tavern/Westside Club
“We also continue to experience plumbing back ups in the food and beverage stands, leaking pipes, and leaking sinks,” the team’s letter said. “When these issues happen, we contact the facility engineers to see what can be done. Many times there is a dispute on who is actually responsible. When these issues happen, we usually have to shut down the food stand until fixed, causing customer service issues with our fans.”
“Upticks in (security) intrusions.” “There is one individual (photo attached in the letter) that I am aware has been here at least three times in the last couple of months. He actually was apprehended on Tuesday night the 10th of May. He basically helps himself to whatever is available on the property, but mostly focuses on Aramark items. We suspect that he has stolen well over $1000 of food and beverage items over the past month. We feel the 24/7 security staff should be able to prevent this from continuing to happen.”
Press box windows: Some do not slide open, which creates a difficult situation when there are additional broadcasters up there.
Stadium connectivity: “The stadium continues to have subpar connectivity as compared to other facilities. The A’s have invested close to $500,000 to upgrade the system over the past few years. We recently reached out to AT&T to have them fix the 4G service to the stadium that has been substandard for years.”
Aesthetics: “We feel that more attention should be made to upgrade the outside look of the stadium. I have attached photos of what the outside berm between Gates A and D looks like, as well as the area to the right of 66th Ave. parking entrance. The berm has many areas of open dirt and weeds. The area to the right of the 66th Ave. entrance used to be watered with a more plush lawn. Understanding current drought concerns, maybe there is a possibility for drought-resistant landscape there.
“There is also the homeless encampment issue on Baldwin St. leading into the Coliseum that we have all been working on with the City of Oakland to clean up soon.”
Cats: “It is well documented that there is a large cat population on the property. We all want to make sure to contain them without them making a mess inside the stadium. We are still getting many reports through the stadium for cat feces.
Moths: “In addition to the cat issue, we also have seen a significant uptick in moths. They are found everywhere inside the stadium and are very present near the stadium light standards on game nights. We are not sure what can be done, but wanted it noted that it has become an issues”
In closing, Rinetti wrote that he was “asked to see if you are able to provide us with the plan for capital expenditures for the facility for this year and a list of the capital expenditures for the entire facility for the past 5 years.”

The public-private partnership at the Coliseum is one of the last such arrangements in professional baseball: many MLB stadiums are owned and run by the baseball team that plays there, or a private financial group tied to the team. In Oakland, the Coliseum and the neighboring Oakland Arena, once home to the Golden State Warriors, have always been owned and operated by the city of Oakland and Alameda County, dating back to 1966.

The government agencies formed a joint powers authority years ago to oversee operations on the 120-plus acre property. The Coliseum authority consists of a small staff under an executive director who reports to the authority board, which is made up of Oakland City Council members and Alameda County Supervisors and citizens appointed by each of those governing boards.

They oversee and approve lease contracts with the teams that have played there—down two since the Raiders and Warriors left—and contracts with facility staff who do the maintenance, run concessions, and book events outside of professional sports games.

The A’s, under the team’s current lease agreement that expires in 2024, pay $1.25 million a year to rent the Coliseum and are under no obligation to improve the facility, even though they purchased half of the property in 2019. The team is planning on building a new stadium and mixed-use development at Howard Terminal and if that is not approved they are looking to move to the Las Vegas area.

Gardner, in an interview with The Oaklandside, said he was not pleased that the A’s were pointing fingers at the city of Oakland and Alameda County, which jointly operate the Coliseum complex. Gardner pointed out that on top of maintenance of the Coliseum complex, Oakland and Alameda County are still paying off debt from renovating the stadium in 1995, part of a deal that brought the Raiders back from Los Angeles.

The city and county each pull $5 million a year from their general funds to pay down the debt, Gardner said.

“The stadium is 55 years old and 25 years ago the city and the city spent $130 million dollars to substantially upgrade it. These facilities don’t last forever but it’s not like it’s falling apart and that’s why they can’t fill the stadium,” Gardner said.

Gardner plans to do a stadium walk through with members of the stadium authority board. In response to Kaval’s comments at the May 20 meeting, the stadium executive director said critters have called the 66th Avenue area near multiple creeks and waterways home long before a stadium was built there.

“There is no way to perfectly secure that building that cavernous stadium for critters being able to get in. They are there, they always have been there,” Gardner said.

https://oaklandside.org/2022/06/01/cat-feces-cobwebs-moths-oakland-as-complain-about-coliseum-conditions/

Be interesting if the Mongols MC and Vagos MC showed up. A big kitty litter box seems like the fitting place for Sonny Barger to have this send off.