Custom bikes by Donny Petersen

lpc

Nov 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/23/96

Well, it's getting cold out there and I've put away my bike for the
season. There's nothing else to do but to build my custom bike website.
Here it is --> http://207.107.230.40/heavyduty/

let me know what you think.

Rich Tremblay

Nov 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/24/96

In <3297BD...@interramp.com> lpc <ca00...@interramp.com> writes:

>Well, it's getting cold out there and I've put away my bike for the
>season. <snip>

I know how you feel. If it keeps dipping into the 60's like this
I'm going to have to do the same myself. As long as it stays in
the 70's in the daytime I'm still gonna ride.

I took a nice long ride yesterday. It was about 80 without a cloud
in the sky. Shorts, tee shirt, and boots (of course to protect the
feet). Topped it off with a chocolate sundae at the local 50's diner.
A passing Harley rider didn't wave back, but gave me a smile and a nod.

Life is good. Work is plentiful. Harley riders are wonderful.

Rich
XS650B

Charles Hays

Nov 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/25/96

On Sat, 23 Nov 1996, lpc wrote:

> season. There's nothing else to do but to build my custom bike website.
> Here it is --> http://207.107.230.40/heavyduty/
> let me know what you think.

OK...I think this morning started too damn early. But then, they all
do. When the alarm goes off at 4:00 the first thing that runs
through my mind is: "For *this* I gave up a career in the military?"

I think it's a good thing we have our current "political climate" -- to
once again overuse a phrase we journalists are all too fond of. Why?,
you ask? Nobody's too smug. The checks and balances built into the
system are just a tad more apparent. We must all hang together or we
shall all hang separately.

I think butter goes better on popcorn than margarine, but it still needs
sea salt, freshground pepper, garlic, and hot sauce.

As far as your website goes...you are to be commended for not posting all
the pix on the newsgroup.

Skiv :)=)}
ASSHOLE #41
"Death To All Fanatics!! -- Uncle Edgester.

David DeCoster

Nov 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/25/96

In article <578ple$n...@sjx-ixn3.ix.netcom.com>, rtt...@ix.netcom.com(Rich Tremblay) writes:
WhackO

|> I took a nice long ride yesterday. It was about 80 without a cloud
|> in the sky. Shorts, tee shirt, and boots (of course to protect the
|> feet). Topped it off with a chocolate sundae at the local 50's diner.
|> A passing Harley rider didn't wave back, but gave me a smile and a nod.

I never wave at people in shorts on a bike.

--
Davey D #7

ddec...@vnet.ibm.com

For those who understand, NO explanation
is needed, for those who DON'T understand
NO explanation will be given.

Barry L. Van Hook

Nov 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/25/96

On Sat, 23 Nov 1996, lpc wrote:

> season. There's nothing else to do but to build my custom bike website.
> Here it is --> http://207.107.230.40/heavyduty/
> let me know what you think

Assuming I'm thinking of the right guy, I think you should include at least
one picture of your extremely lovely wife!! That's what I think! Oh, and
about the pix on the web site .... the bikes are okay, but you aren't anywhere
near as lovely as your wife.

Barry #36

Barry L. Van Hook (van...@asu.edu)
Management Department, College of Business
Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ 85287-4006
(602) 965-1217 FAX -- (602) 965-8314

Rich Tremblay

Nov 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/25/96

(David DeCoster) writes:

(Rich Tremblay) writes:
>WhackO
>|>

>|> A passing Harley rider didn't wave back, but gave me a smile and a
nod.

>I never wave at people in shorts on a bike.

I have an excuse. I have 1/4 inch thick calloused tile knees.
I figure I could skid at least 75 feet before they wore through.

Rich
XS650B

Eric Dreher

Nov 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/25/96

In article <57coes$16...@news.rchland.ibm.com>, deco...@asdriver.endicott.ibm.com says...

>I never wave at people in shorts on a bike.

I'd wave if she was wearing briefs.

Eric D.
'97 FLHR

David DeCoster

Nov 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/27/96

OK OK, but only breifly.

Sorry.

Gregory Carr

Dec 22, 2021, 4:46:55 PM12/22/21
His obituary is in the Toronto Star today. Now matter your feelings of bikers or Hell's Angels he was a very interesting guy. Cause of death not mentioned his wife was by him when he died suddenly at the computer.

BORN
1947
DIED
2021
FUNERAL HOME
Pine Hills Cemetery and Visitation Centre
625 Birchmount Road
Scarborough, ON
PETERSEN, ROBERT DONALD "DONNY" Born April 17, 1947, Toronto. Passed away suddenly at his computer (always writing), on December 12, 2021, at his home in Oshawa, with Danielle by his side. Attending York University studying Urban Planning, he quickly knew that a desk job was not for him. Instead, he opted to join the YMCA's outreach programs in and around Rochdale in downtown Toronto. He developed a passion for Harley's opening Heavy Duty Cycles (1974-2010). This was his 2nd shop but definitely the "fun" one. Donny won awards both here and in Europe for his bike designs. Writing "Techline", a column in American Iron Magazine from 1992, he went on to author 21 books. He was most proud of the 8 volume book series, "Donny's Unauthorized Technical Guide" detailing the history/mechanics of the Harley Davidson, winning him the International Book Awards for 2012, 2013 and 2014. Donny travelled the world on these bikes accompanied by his brothers on every continent. His love for the outdoors ranged from hiking to mountain climbing (Kilimanjaro and Everest), to boating and fitness; taking up boxing at 60. Proud member of Hells Angels, Toronto Chapter. Much love, loyalty, honour and respect. He leaves behind his beloved Danielle, his sister Susan, niece and nephews. Predeceased by parents Gunner and Marie and brother Mike. Cremation to take place in the New Year. A Funeral and Celebration of Life to follow in the Spring.

Published by Toronto Star on Dec. 22, 2021.
https://www.legacy.com/ca/obituaries/thestar/name/robert-petersen-obituary?pid=200930035&utm_source=webshareapi&utm_medium=share_button&utm_campaign=wsapimobile_beta&fbclid=IwAR0VZ17zNIoXV-zoJcuSyMRvs-p2lvTDZyULB6S0OlJ6a8-PHog1p2yQOlw

Why was no autopsy done? Was it a sudden brain embolism, a heart attack, stroke was he poisoned? Was an ambulance called by his wife at the time or a club officer immediately? Murder or natural causes?