Daaaaaaamn!

Bob La Londe

Dec 6, 2022, 7:36:28 PM12/6/22
Hopefully you can see the clip without logging on.

https://www.facebook.com/reel/493447105932437/?s=single_unit

www.avg.com

Snag

Dec 6, 2022, 7:59:18 PM12/6/22
On 12/6/2022 6:36 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
> Hopefully you can see the clip without logging on.
>
> https://www.facebook.com/reel/493447105932437/?s=single_unit

Hooooooollllleeeee shhhiiiiittt !
--
Snag
"You can lead a dummy to facts

sticks

Dec 6, 2022, 8:11:36 PM12/6/22
On 12/6/2022 6:59 PM, Snag wrote:
> On 12/6/2022 6:36 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
>> Hopefully you can see the clip without logging on.
>>
>> https://www.facebook.com/reel/493447105932437/?s=single_unit
>>

>   Hooooooollllleeeee shhhiiiiittt !

Hard to believe, but the bikes are now up 1-0

Frank Xzarhadjizamtheopolous

Dec 7, 2022, 9:28:33 AM12/7/22
On 12/6/2022 6:36 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
> Hopefully you can see the clip without logging on.
>
> https://www.facebook.com/reel/493447105932437/?s=single_unit

Damn is right! The biker was asking for trouble by kicking the car even
if he had a good reason to be mad, and the car driver was an idiot. I
feel bad for the poor guy in the white pickup. He was just heading to
work, "mindin' his own bidness."

DeathGrip

Dec 7, 2022, 12:47:26 PM12/7/22
On 12/7/22 6:29 AM, Frank Xzarhadjizamtheopolous wrote:

>> https://www.facebook.com/reel/493447105932437/?s=single_unit

> Damn is right! The biker was asking for trouble by kicking the car
> even if he had a good reason to be mad, and the car driver was an
> idiot. I feel bad for the poor guy in the white pickup. He was just
> heading to work, "mindin' his own bidness."

As a motorcyclist with a few hundred K of riding under my belt, I would
be curious to see what led up to the biker's action. Still, the
motorcyclist's action was vandalism while the driver's action could be
classified as at least assault if not attempted murder. And yes, the
pickup truck was an innocent "bystander" being at wrong place at the
wrong time.

- Bruce

Bob La Londe

Dec 7, 2022, 1:30:12 PM12/7/22
On 12/6/2022 5:36 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
> Hopefully you can see the clip without logging on.
>
> https://www.facebook.com/reel/493447105932437/?s=single_unit

I wonder if an electrical cut out saved that fireball from becoming a
full on inferno.

Frank Xzarhadjizamtheopolous

Dec 8, 2022, 8:33:44 AM12/8/22
On 12/7/2022 11:47 AM, DeathGrip wrote:
> On 12/7/22 6:29 AM, Frank Xzarhadjizamtheopolous wrote:
>
>>> https://www.facebook.com/reel/493447105932437/?s=single_unit
>
>> Damn is right! The biker was asking for trouble by kicking the car
>> even if he had a good reason to be mad, and the car driver was an
>> idiot. I feel bad for the poor guy in the white pickup. He was just
>> heading to work, "mindin' his own bidness."
>
> As a motorcyclist with a few hundred K of riding under my belt, I would
> be curious to see what led up to the biker's action.

Good point! Ya'd think that a biker who has ridden much at all would
know that if you kick a car you're going to put yourself at great risk
of becoming unstable and going down. He must have been quite angry at
the guy to take that chance.

< Still, the motorcyclist's action was vandalism

(getting technical and splitting hairs here.)

Legally, the biker's action would be criminal damage to property.
(scratching the paint, dent the fender, etc.) Vandalism is considered
more "mischief" than property damage. (TP-ing a house or soaping
windows, etc.) At least here in Kansas that is the law. I'm sure other
states are very similar.

> while the driver's action could be
> classified as at least assault if not attempted murder.

Correct. The car driver's actions would be at least aggravated assault.
*Simple* assault = "The threat or attempt to do bodily harm to another,
coupled with apparent ability and with immediate apprehension on part of
the victim." Agg assault is done with a deadly weapon (a car is most
definitely a deadly weapon!) and/or while concealing identity, or with
intent to commit a felony.

Depending on the prosecutor, it could be bumped up to agg battery.
Battery = "Unlawful, intentional touching or application of force done
to another in a rude, insolent or angry manner." Add the deadly weapon
(car) and you have agg battery. I'm betting that would be what they'd go
with in court, IMHO.

> And yes, the
> pickup truck was an innocent "bystander" being at wrong place at the
> wrong time.
>
> - Bruce

Road rage is such a stupid thing. I've been involved in a couple very
minor road rage incidents...one of which I, myself, stupidly initiated
many years ago in my "ute"...but nothing like the video. I don't even
flip off people or honk my horn at 'em anymore. I just memorize the
license plate and car description. Ya never know when you might see that
car in a parking lot someday!

Andy

Bob La Londe

Dec 8, 2022, 2:18:37 PM12/8/22
I once had a guy run me into oncoming traffic, which I was able to
avoid. I called him an asshole and then I followed the guy intending to
at the least give him a verbal lashing (yeah sure that's what I had in
mind). He saw me following him and drove directly to the local
sheriff's office where we had a polite conversation in the parking lot.
I was so amused at his tactic by the time we stopped I wasn't mad any
more. He did piss me off a little when he said he didn't feel he
deserved to be sworn at. I did call him an asshole when he forced me
out of my lane which he certainly heard through his open window. I
pointed out that offensive language is a mild rebuke for attempted
homicide. He agreed to watch for motorcycles, and I agreed to limit
myself to calling thoughtless drivers assholes unless I was actually
injured. We shook hands and parted ways.

I already told the story in this group about the truck driver who
bullseyed me in the forehead with a cigar on the freeway many years ago.

sticks

Dec 8, 2022, 3:51:51 PM12/8/22
On 12/8/2022 1:18 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
> I already told the story in this group about the truck driver who
> bullseyed me in the forehead with a cigar on the freeway many years ago.

Reminds me of a winter ride I did over 40 years ago. Was on the big
road trying to make some time and was just freezing my ass off and
fighting the stiff crosswinds. Decided to tuck in behind a semi and
ride in his slip stream for awhile. He was making good time, and it
really made the riding doable, at least I thought so at the time.

The driver switched lanes into the left lane even though no one around.
I stayed tucked in and behind him. Then we passed, and I saw, a pallet
laying in the middle of the other lane we had been in. He could have
easily split it with his rig, but he knew I was back there and I guess
felt sorry for me. It would have been ugly if I had gone over that, and
that day truck drivers were my heroes. I pulled along side him after he
pulled back into the right lane and gave him a nod and a wave letting
him know I realized what he had done and appreciated it. I then got
behind him, way behind him, and have never done that again.

Rick Begeman

Feb 20, 2023, 11:28:31 PM2/20/23
On 12/6/22 4:36 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
> Hopefully you can see the clip without logging on.
>
> https://www.facebook.com/reel/493447105932437/?s=single_unit

No NO NO
You can't pace the car when you kick their mirror off,
you perform this whilst overtaking.
Thus leaving you (somewhat) clearer from retaliation.

I've pulled up beside someone and banged on his window (because he's
half way in my lane) to get him off his phone, and I was the bad guy?

--
Ironhead Rick

Bob La Londe

Feb 24, 2023, 1:39:29 PM2/24/23
That would have been a pretty tough one to ride through, but that's what
you would have had to do if it happened. I hit a pretty good size rock
softball size maybe) on a curve once running up the Ca side of the river
in the Parker area once. I had a passenger and I was more worried for
her than me. We hit the rock, and the front wheel wobbled pretty badly.
I just did the loose guide like when you blow a tire, and it self
corrected. We road it out "almost" like it was nothing. I might have
been running 50 mph.

Another time I took a morning dove bird strike on the sole of my boot
running about 50, maybe on Baseline or one of those other country/city
roads in the Tempe/Mesa/Apache Junction area. Took my foot right off
the peg. My biggest worry for a fraction of a second was not slapping
my foot on the road, and then I just set it back on the peg and road on
like it was nothing. I didn't realize how hard that strike was until I
got off and put weight on that foot. It wasn't broken, but I had to
walk around for 20 minutes or so for the soreness to let off. I'm not
sure the young lady on the back that time even knew I'd hit anything.
She looked at me funny when she saw me favoring my foot.

Those were in my pre-Harley days on a much lighter motorcycle. VT500C
if I recall. The only thing I hit with my Harleys were trucks.

Neither of those would compare to hitting a pallet, but I'd bet if you
did a forced loosen up and ride there would be a 50/50 chance of riding
through it. Then again maybe not at 70/75MPH. At that point all you
can do is treat it like a wild horse and try to guide it in the right
direction.

P.S. I'm one of those idiots who stops and drags shit like that off the
road or calls local PD if in town. Speaking of such... One day on 32nd
street (US80) in my work truck I noted somebody had lost a brand new
bath tub in the center lane approaching a major intersection. I could
imagine somebody hitting it thinking it was just a box. I called
PD/Fire dispatch and let them know it was a hazard in the road. I had
to tell the dispatcher five times because she wouldn't believe me.
Finally I said, "You know what. I did the right thing and called you.
Now if anybody gets hurt its on you," and hung up. It was gone when I
came back 30 minutes later. Hopefully the person who lost it got it.

--
Bob La Londe
Proffessional Hack, Hobbyist, Wannabe, Shade Tree, Button Pushing, Not a