oil for DRZ400

Martha White

Apr 6, 2022, 6:03:25 PM4/6/22
I got out of street bikes and back to enduro bikes. I have some Castrol semi synthetic 10W40 that is 4 T and wonder if that would work well in the bike?

Volker Bartheld

Apr 7, 2022, 10:31:30 AM4/7/22
The viscosity would. A problem might be additives (wet clutch), but as long
as the Castrol is meant for bikes, there is no reason to worry. And it's a
japanese bike after all, not a KTM LC4 Supercompetition where they were
not able to provide an oil recommendation other than the $$$ Motul/Shell
Advance Ultra where the clutch would not slip, even with 3 harder springs
(out of 6).

Volker

Michael Sturdevant

Apr 7, 2022, 11:40:01 AM4/7/22
Martha White asks:

> I got out of street bikes and back to enduro bikes. I have some Castrol semi synthetic 10W40 that is 4 T and wonder if that would work well in the bike?

I agree with Volker, if it's a motorcycle specific oil, use it. If it is general purpose automotive, I would hesitate.

Go fast. Take chances.
Mike S.