End of an era - Waltons to close

Mike Smith

Jan 9, 2020, 6:47:43 PM1/9/20
Waltons toy train and model shop in Altrincham (UK) is to close as he wants to retire. Lots of folks want to run it but no one wants to buy the stock.
Pity, it's been my go-to for the last 40 years.

Cheers

Mike

Mad Modeller

Jan 26, 2020, 3:00:33 AM1/26/20
Back in November we lost our main hobby shop to a fire. The building is still standing but all the stock was lost. No word if he's renovating the place. My biggest pain is finding access to Tamiya spray paints. I got hooked on their smooth application compared to Testors stuff. I really wanted to get some of these car kits built. Some of them have been lounging around here for 45 years and I figure if I ever really want to build them I should do it soon.

Mad-Modeller