Humbrol 151. What the hell is it?

Spudgun

Oct 25, 2005, 12:48:08 PM10/25/05
I'm currently sat here building the Airfix Brewster Buffalo (well, trying to
build). Anyway, the instructions says to paint the inside of the cockpit
with Humbrol 151. The snag is that Humbrol no longer make colour number 151.
So the question is: What colour is 151?

IMHO, it's stupid of Airfix to suggest a paint colour that its parent
company no longer makes.

Spudgun

centennia...@yahoo.com

Oct 25, 2005, 1:01:30 PM10/25/05

Spudgun wrote:
> What colour is 151?

According to IPMS Stockholm's site
(http://www.ipmsstockholm.org/colorcharts/stuff_eng_colorcharts_humbrol.htm)
Humbrol 151 is Interior Green - FS 34151
Xtracolor - X117
Polly S - PCA821/833
Gunze - H58
Testors Model Master - 1715

Martin

-=Plane Mad=-

Oct 25, 2005, 1:53:20 PM10/25/05
Interior Green is now listed as Humbrol 226

<centennia...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Spudgun

Oct 25, 2005, 2:04:50 PM10/25/05
>Interior Green is now listed as Humbrol 226

Thanks for that. Considering the VJ Day set came out a couple of weeks ago,
you'd think that Airfix would update the paint numbers.

Spudgun

Dr. Jose M. Paliza

Oct 25, 2005, 10:28:26 PM10/25/05
There used to be two interior greens in Humbrol, one of them was 151
Jose

Manuel Bozzo

Mar 19, 2022, 12:18:13 PM3/19/22
replying to Spudgun, Manuel Bozzo wrote:
Sorry for the late reply. Humbrol 151 matches exactly Russian WW2 model 40
helmets. I was lucky enough to have an unused one to paint a scratched helmet.
The old traces of colour and the interior were exactly Humbrol 151.

--
for full context, visit https://www.polytechforum.com/scale/humbrol-151-what-the-hell-is-it-64703-.htm