Model Fire Engine featured on Blue Peter (UK)

Phillip Rhodes

Dec 16, 2004, 11:02:07 AM12/16/04
I'm writing concerning a large scale working model fire engine that
was featured on BBC-TV's Blue Peter in the 1970s (possibly early
1980s)?

The vehicle was about three feet long and featured a working pump,
flashing lights and siren. The detail was incredible – all the doors
opened and the lockers were fitted out with miniature equipment –
including working fire extinguishers.

Question: do you know who owned this vehicle and/or if it still
exists?

I've tried the BBC, who are either unwilling or unable to help. Hope
you can help, and accordingly I look forward to your reply.

Kind Regards

Phillip Rhodes

Dervxerox

Feb 21, 2018, 6:18:05 PM2/21/18
replying to Phillip Rhodes, Dervxerox wrote:
I remember it. It had Action Men for crew. I'm looking for it myself.

--
for full context, visit https://www.polytechforum.com/scale/model-fire-engine-featured-on-blue-peter-uk-47660-.htm

Robert Crawley

Jan 23, 2019, 8:18:04 AM1/23/19
replying to Phillip Rhodes, Robert Crawley wrote:
Hi Philip, my dad built this fire engine. Please contact me 07469766937

mass...@gmail.com

May 16, 2019, 3:36:23 PM5/16/19
I know who built this.. It was my step dad

mass...@gmail.com

May 16, 2019, 3:40:46 PM5/16/19
My step dad Peter Crawley made this in late 70s.. I watched him build it.. Little fire extinguishers too and yes action dress up as firemen with helmets.. I do know he sold this tjou

derv...@gmail.com

May 22, 2020, 2:23:15 PM5/22/20
On Thursday, May 16, 2019 at 8:40:46 PM UTC+1, mass...@gmail.com wrote:
> My step dad Peter Crawley made this in late 70s.. I watched him build it.. Little fire extinguishers too and yes action dress up as firemen with helmets.. I do know he sold this tjou

Could you please upload some photos of it? I'd love to see it again.