Interesting Saturn V fact and NASA rant

Dean C. Pilato

Aug 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/27/96

>>>Too bad the Soviets didn't follow up with the N-1,
>>>or the world would have at least _one_ heavy booster today.

>>There are several heavy lift boosters. The Shuttle, Titan IV, Ariane V
>>(almost ready), etc. What there is not is a need for one with heavier
>>lift capability.

So, I called up the NASA expendable launch vehicle web page to get the
GLOW of their various rockets and found that it was *STILL* down for
renovation. It's been down for months now! Do you see a pattern forming
here? These are the same guys who stranded Shannon Lucid at the Mir.
The same guys who think it's clever to paint rockets black and white.

NASA Director: "So, we have this brand new space shuttle. What color
should it be?"

Spunkmeyer: "Er, um, black and white, sir?"

NASA Director: "Good call, Spunkmeyer! And be sure to paint the insulation
on the External Tank as well!"

--
Dean Pilato
Email d_pi...@michsb.trw.com