Estes Launch Pad Troubles!!!

Dean C. Pilato

Aug 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/30/96

>> > I have an Estes launch pad and i've launched rockets TWICE on the pad
>> > and the metal had melted alittle and I'm worried if eventualy the
>> > metal will burn through it.Has it happened to anyone else??

It will eventually burn thru. I remember years ago I was launching some
kind of huge FSI black powder rocket on the old Estes pad that had the
battery box right under the pad for stability. Well, the rocket got hung
up on the launch rod somehow and the rocket exhaust blew a hole in the
deflector and into the battery box.

I always spray paint the round Estes deflectors with many coats of paint
before use. Not only does it triple their lifespan, but it keeps the clips
from shorting out too.

--
Dean Pilato
Email d_pi...@michsb.trw.com