Teleflite book

Mike

Jun 3, 2004, 1:49:50 PM6/3/04
Anyone else getting ansy for this book? Hope it ships soon.

Jerry Irvine

Jun 3, 2004, 12:40:11 PM6/3/04
In article <10buea5...@corp.supernews.com>,
"Mike" <mrg...@vianet.ca> wrote:

> Anyone else getting ansy for this book? Hope it ships soon.

My understanding is it is "shipping now".

Opinion, the whole thing. <mail to:01ro...@gte.net>
Please bring common sense back to rocketry administration.
Produce then publish. http://www.usrockets.com
My articles valuable? Donate http://tinyurl.com/2hmgv

Darren J Longhorn

Jun 3, 2004, 12:55:46 PM6/3/04
On Thu, 03 Jun 2004 09:40:11 -0700, Jerry Irvine <01ro...@gte.net>
wrote:

>In article <10buea5...@corp.supernews.com>,
> "Mike" <mrg...@vianet.ca> wrote:
>
>> Anyone else getting ansy for this book? Hope it ships soon.
>>

>My understanding is it is "shipping now".

The web site still says under construction. Maybe shipping preorders?
Anyone preorder and receive a copy yet?

--
Darren J Longhorn http://www.geocities.com/darrenlonghorn/
NSRG #005 http://www.northstarrocketry.org.uk/

Potrocs

Jun 4, 2004, 11:23:45 PM6/4/04
>Subject: Re: Teleflite book
>From: Jerry Irvine 01ro...@gte.net
>,
> "Mike" <mrg...@vianet.ca> wrote:
>
>> Anyone else getting ansy for this book? Hope it ships soon.
>>

>My understanding is it is "shipping now".
>
>--
>Jerry Irvine,

Jerry and all, I received mine. Beautiful work. I have my orginal issue from
the 80's that I cut my teeth on, and had a great time with, but this work...,
well, its dog nuts better than the first copy. Great illustrations, 5
propellant formulations, Impulse up to I, and some very good hints and issue
solving scenarios that negates the problimatic issues wuth old BP motors in the
past. I intend to play with these motors again, maybe even do an article on my
results. For those of you who have ordered the book, your in for a treat, for
those of you on the fence, well, jump...
Even if you don't do anything with it, its an interesting read...even for ole
geezers like me..

Pat G

RayDunakin

Jun 5, 2004, 12:42:51 AM6/5/04
Is this book strictly about making BP motors, or does it address other types of
propellent too?

Jerry Irvine

Jun 5, 2004, 1:10:42 AM6/5/04
In article <20040605004251...@mb-m05.aol.com>,
raydu...@aol.com (RayDunakin) wrote:

BP

It is a work of fine art and worth the purchase on that basis alone.

Mike

Jun 5, 2004, 8:12:44 PM6/5/04
Apparently it adressess end burning rockets also, which it what I am looking
foreward to
"Jerry Irvine" <01ro...@gte.net> wrote in message

John H. Smith

Jun 5, 2004, 5:10:45 PM6/5/04
>Subject: Re: Teleflite book
>From: raydu...@aol.com (RayDunakin)
>Date: 6/4/2004 11:42 PM Central Daylight Time

>Is this book strictly about making BP motors, or does it address other types
>of
>propellent too?

I sold my copy of the original book for a healthy sum after it had become
rare and before the new book was announced. It was strictly Black Powder.
It's possible he might be including what used to be sold as a separate
report on making propellant from powdered sugar - it worked amazingly well for
what it was. I made some stick rockets and reloaded a mini motor that must have
functioned as about a 1/16th A impulse. Is that what you had in mind? :)

Neutrodyne

Robert Szymanski

Apr 18, 2022, 7:18:04 PM4/18/22
replying to Mike, Robert Szymanski wrote:
Hello....back in 2001 I bought .Dave's book....I talked to him many times! I
found out several years later that he passed away.. God rest his soul. I
really miss him....

--
for full context, visit https://www.polytechforum.com/rockets/teleflite-book-43470-.htm