Top posting vs. bottom posting

1 view

xntrick

Feb 23, 2004, 7:49:39 PM2/23/04
Its taken me some time to work out what actually happends in this case..and
as far as i can see there are buttons you shouldnt press (well in my case
anyway) along with who bungs a message across inbetween the replys...does my
head in but hear where ya coming from. The other thing that gets me is you
could have a message thats days old and it still opens whilst one thats just
48 hours old gives you the message "no longer on server" Weard...but thas
the net. Ok ill ask a 12 year old.

"teh insane Gaymer" <gay...@warhammer.mini> wrote in message
> In article <c12uqr$1dhemt$1...@ID-47909.news.uni-berlin.de>, Roger Demming
> <spa...@spamcop.net> wrote:
>
> >I know that there are no hard and fast rules on this newsgroup regarding
> >top and bottom posting, but please, when replying to a post that has
> >already had a reply can the respondee follow the protocol that has been
> >established for that thread.
>
> oh, but you are wrong about there being no rules. usenet netiquette is
> to follow the usenet convention.
>
> >There is nothing worse than following a bottom posted thread only to find
> >that the next reply has been top posted and of course vice versa for a
top
> >posted thread. It ruins the ability to join a thread half way through
and
> >quickly scan the previous replies.
>
> you can never follow a top psoted thread in the middle

Beav

Feb 25, 2004, 6:59:02 PM2/25/04

> In article <c1e733$cv6$1...@hercules.btinternet.com>, "xntrick"

> <xnt...@btinternet.com> wrote:
>
> >Its taken me some time to work out what actually happends in this
case..and
> >as far as i can see there are buttons you shouldnt press (well in my case
> >anyway) along with who bungs a message across inbetween the replys...does
my
> >head in but hear where ya coming from. The other thing that gets me is
you
> >could have a message thats days old and it still opens whilst one thats
just
> >48 hours old gives you the message "no longer on server" Weard...but
thas
> >the net. Ok ill ask a 12 year old.
>
> let me guess you top posting moron...you`re dutch

No need for anyone to guess what YOU are though is there?? That's right, a
dickless arsehole (although maybe...)

--
Beav

Please note my E-mail address is "beavis dot original at ntlworld dot com"
(with the obvious changes)

Beavisland now lives at
www.beavisoriginal.co.uk