ST3000 Setup.

Colin Pearson

Feb 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/24/00
Hello Folks.

Could somebody please tell me what is the best setup [Prop,
fuel, plug] for a ST3000. Does anyone use a O.S carb
instead of the SuperTigre as I find it very difficult to
set and have heard of people doing this.

Cheers.

* Sent from AltaVista http://www.altavista.com Where you can also find related Web Pages, Images, Audios, Videos, News, and Shopping. Smart is Beautiful

Michael Laible

Feb 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/24/00
OK,

After a good deal of discussion right here, this is what works for me in
my Bates Bearcat.

Hanger 9 - Heli Plug
Omega ST fuel ( low oil with some castor, I believe 5%), anyway, Omega
ST fuel
point fuel nipple on carb towards first moiuunting bolt hole. This
twist the spray bar.This is the side plate on the carb that has two
small screws.

This has worked for me. Prime about three to six times through
compression and kick it backwards. Nice running engine, but prior to
setting carb, fuel and plug, OUCHHH, seemed hopeless.

Mike Laible

Tom Minger

Feb 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/24/00
I have lots of experience with these engines - they are great ruunners.

Break it in like any engine - strap it in and fly it rich.

Most important thing is to use ONLY Super Tiger big engine fuel. I can't
emphasize strongly enough that these engines will only be reliable with
this low oil, low nitro fuel (8% oil - 10 % nitro). They will NOT RUN
reliably on standard 20 -23% oil model fuel. Several mfgs make fuel
especially for the Big tigers.

Start with an 18 - 8 prop. Should turn it appx 7800 after it is broken
in (appx 1 gallon). Menz prop give by far the best performance, but are
pricey.

Use Enya #3 glo plugs - don't mess with anything else.

Don't use muffler pressure. These engines have a small throat carb and
large internal crankcase volume. Thus, the intake draw is substantial.
Muffler pressure is too much on top of the high suction. OS carb is NOT
required, especially at appx $75.

24oz of fuel will give you appx 15 min of flight time.

Bottom line - #1 right fuel, #2 Enya 3 glo plug.

Tom

Dwayne Glanton

Feb 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/24/00
Tom, I also run ST engines and they run great with the right fuel and plug.
I purchase Omega fuel with 10% nitro and around 20% oil , then purchase a
gallon of alcohol from an auto speed shop and add to the Omega. Now I have
the correct mixture. Save money too.
Tom Minger <tmi...@home.com> wrote in message

Craig Greening

Feb 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/25/00
The ST3000 is a great engine and is easy to handle. I run mine on homebrew
no nitro fule with 10% castor, and only ever use an Enya #3 plug. No
troubles in more than nine years running them. Have never found any need to
change the carb.

Craig.

Colin Pearson <colinpearso...@hotmail.com.invalid> wrote in message