Ashcroft: "Powder your Mail"

John Savard

Oct 13, 2001, 8:47:04 PM10/13/01

Ashcroft Urges Calm and New Mailing Procedures

(CNN) -- Attorney General John Ashcroft is urging all Americans to remain calm in light
of the latest round of Anthrax attacks.

"It is imperative that Americans not alter their usual work habits and daily living.
This is what the terrorists want to accomplish. We must overcome any fear that we have
about the events of the past month", Ashcroft said.

Mr. Ashcroft then added a radical proposal for accomplishing his objective.

"I have had long discussions with experts in the Federal Bureau of Investigation
Behavioral Sciences Unit and they and I have reached some conclusions based on what has
occurred and upon the options available to us", Ashcroft said. He continued, "I am
urging all Americans whenever they send a piece of mail whether a letter or package to
sprinkle some kind of powder inside before sealing it. It could be talcum power or foot
powder."

Mr. Ashcroft acknowledged that this might sound alarming to some but insisted that it
was the only option.

"America is too vast to police the mail. The entire system would come to a halt. The
only way to defeat the terrorists is to make these letters and packages with quote
'powdery substances' obsolete in terms of causing a panic. To do this the Behavioral
Science Experts have determined that the only way to accomplish this task is to make
such mail ubiquitous."

Mr. Ashcroft insists that all Americans must take part in this as part of their
patriotic duty.

"If you love this great nation of ours, if you cherish your freedom then please before
you seal an envelope to mail sprinkle some powder inside." Ashcroft said.

Nevada letter tests positive for anthrax

Nevada Gov. Kenny Guinn announced Saturday that a suspicious letter mailed to a
Microsoft subsidiary in Reno, Nevada, tested positive for anthrax.

He said six people have been identified who may have had contact with the envelope.

Guin said health officials believed there was a low risk of exposure to the bacteria,
even though it had tested positive.

A Sony spokeswoman dismissed Saturday the likelihood that a Sony Pictures employee who
was taken to a hospital after he opened a package containing a powder was exposed to
anthrax.

The employee was admitted to Brotman Medical Center in Culver City, California, for
blood tests but was sent home shortly thereafter, the Sony spokeswoman said. (Full
story)

The man's name was not released.

The Culver City Fire Department showed up at Sony's Culver City studios to test the
substance but could find no powder, the spokeswoman said. Authorities anticipate the
blood test will prove negative, she added.

Culver City Police Lt. Dave Tankenson said the man opened an envelope at the studios
Friday evening. "When he opened it, he took an item out and got a white powdery
substance on his hands," Tankenson said.

Concerned, the man went to the studio's medical clinic. Officials there contacted the
police and fire departments, Tankenson said. Authorities could not explain what happened
to the powder.

Meanwhile, a business-size envelope containing a suspicious white powder and addressed
to NBC "Nightly News" anchorman Tom Brokaw was opened by a woman staff member who later
tested positive for cutaneous (skin) anthrax infection, authorities said Friday.

The FBI immediately launched a criminal investigation. NBC said the woman is in good
condition and is expected to recover. The suspicious substance has been tested three
times and found negative for anthrax. Officials are looking for a different source of
the infection.

Health officials tested more NBC employees for anthrax Saturday. (Full story)

A suspicious substance was also found Friday in a letter to a New York Times reporter,
but a spokeswoman for the company said preliminary tests of the substance were negative
for anthrax.

Anthrax is not contagious among humans, and skin anthrax is more treatable and not as
serious as the inhaled form of the disease, according to Health and Human Services
Secretary Tommy Thompson.

Latest developments

. Vice President Dick Cheney, in an interview on PBS' "The NewsHour With Jim Lehrer,"
noted that the terrorist manuals associated with Osama bin Laden instruct his followers
on "how to deploy these kinds of substances." "When you start to piece it all together,
and again we haven't finished the investigation and maybe it is coincidence, but I must
say I'm a skeptic," Cheney said. "I think the only responsible thing for us to do is to
proceed on the basis they could be linked." (Full story)

. A source close to the NBC investigation said the letter threatened attacks against
several American cities. The nature of the attacks threatened could not be learned.

. The FBI said the envelope sent to The New York Times (Full story) was postmarked from
St. Petersburg, Florida, and had similar handwriting. Earlier, the bureau said there was
no evidence linking the case to another case in Florida in which three people were
exposed and one died. In that case, the FBI's interviews with employees of American
Media Inc. in Boca Raton, Florida, continue through the weekend.

. In Colorado, a suburban Denver hospital reopened Friday afternoon when officials
determined four postal workers who were exposed to a powder posed no threat to others.

. In Washington, the State Department told employees there appeared to be no cause for
concern after a white powder was found in an office that deals with congressional
correspondence. A State Department official told CNN the area had been secured and no
evacuations were considered necessary.

. FBI and hazardous materials squads were dispatched to the State Department's Foreign
Service Institute in Arlington, Virginia, on Friday to investigate a suspicious
substance, a State Department official told CNN. The official said that State Department
security officers, the FBI counterterrorism team and the Arlington Fire Department were
called after a white powdery substance was found.

. In an apparently unrelated case, a senior State Department official told CNN that
Defense Department teams found evidence of anthrax on a routine search of Soviet-era
scientific research facilities in Kazakhstan. The search was part of an ongoing program
to help reduce the threat of weapons of mass destruction in regions of the former Soviet
Union.

John Savard
http://plaza.powersurfr.com/jsavard/index.html

Stan and the Sequencers

Oct 13, 2001, 9:00:16 PM10/13/01
Bullshit.
+- +- +- +-
"John Savard" <jsa...@ecn.ab.SBLOK.ca.nowhere> wrote in message

---------

> Ashcroft Urges Calm and New Mailing Procedures
>
> (CNN) -- Attorney General John Ashcroft is urging all Americans to remain
calm in light
> of the latest round of Anthrax attacks.
>
> "It is imperative that Americans not alter their usual work habits and
daily living.
> This is what the terrorists want to accomplish. We must overcome any fear
that we have
> about the events of the past month", Ashcroft said.
>
> Mr. Ashcroft then added a radical proposal for accomplishing his
objective.

> "I have had long discussions with experts in the Federal Bureau of
Investigation
> Behavioral Sciences Unit and they and I have reached some conclusions
based on what has
> occurred and upon the options available to us", Ashcroft said. He
continued, "I am
> urging all Americans whenever they send a piece of mail whether a letter
or package to
> sprinkle some kind of powder inside before sealing it. It could be talcum
power or foot
> powder." ...

PeteC

Oct 14, 2001, 12:26:26 AM10/14/01
This guy must be on crack!!

"John Savard" <jsa...@ecn.ab.SBLOK.ca.nowhere> wrote in message
---------

Stan Never Falls

Oct 14, 2001, 2:26:58 AM10/14/01
Naw, it's not a powder anymore. He's probably on cocaine. ;-)

Stan,
http://stansqncrs.8m.net/
+- +- +-
"PeteC" <trai...@carolina.rr.com> wrote in message

John Savard

Oct 14, 2001, 2:44:32 AM10/14/01
On Sun, 14 Oct 2001 04:26:26 GMT, "PeteC" <trai...@carolina.rr.com>
wrote, in part:

>This guy must be on crack!!

I wouldn't know. It's a forgery.

John Savard
http://plaza.powersurfr.com/jsavard/index.html

Stan Never Falls

Oct 14, 2001, 2:48:20 AM10/14/01

> On Sun, 14 Oct 2001 04:26:26 GMT, "PeteC" <trai...@carolina.rr.com>
> wrote, in part:
>
> >This guy must be on crack!!
>
> I wouldn't know. It's a forgery.

Prove it.

John Savard

Oct 14, 2001, 2:44:52 AM10/14/01
The post is a forgery. The forger lives in Manitoba, not Alberta.
Watch out for others.

John Savard
http://plaza.powersurfr.com/jsavard/index.html

Stan Never Falls

Oct 14, 2001, 3:21:25 AM10/14/01

> The post is a forgery.

Prove it.

Stan,
http://stansqncrs.8m.net/

Cam Mitchell

Oct 14, 2001, 7:01:16 AM10/14/01
On Sun, 14 Oct 2001 02:21:25 -0500, "Stan Never Falls"
<sigo...@netzero.net> wrote:
>"John Savard" <jsa...@ecn.ab.SBLOK.ca.nowhere> wrote in message
>> The post is a forgery.
>Prove it.

That's not how your country works is it?
If you're so intent on placing blame, you prove it.

STEAM GENE

Oct 14, 2001, 8:41:04 AM10/14/01
<< That's not how your country works is it?
If you're so intent on placing blame, you prove it.

Cross-posted to six different news groups, Cinder. You are on the wrong track.

Gene
ABV61-1043.001.HCB
<A HREF="http://www.tckworld.com/opfoot">http://www.tckworld.com/opfoot</A>

Gordon Gunn

Oct 14, 2001, 9:37:59 AM10/14/01
Stan Never Falls wrote:

Prove it's not. Doncha just love Usenet? ;^)

Gordon in Austin

Stan Never Falls

Oct 14, 2001, 12:51:18 PM10/14/01

"Cam Mitchell" <cmit...@attcanada.net> wrote in message

A (supposed) Canadian made the claim, that (supposed) Canadian is who needs
to prove the claim.

In other words - grow up.

Stan,
http://stansqncrs.8m.net/

Jim Gary

Oct 14, 2001, 12:42:03 PM10/14/01
Looks like some jackass wants to think himself funny like The Onion. Piss
poor attempt. I'd be the first to laugh at a good joke in the midst of all
this crap, but that was just weak.

Go read www.theonion.com if you want some humor about all this.

--

Jim Gary
Student

'Never discuss religion or politics' is a very dangerous statement.
Kent Polk, 2001

tim gueguen

Oct 14, 2001, 1:57:49 PM10/14/01

"Stan Never Falls" <sigo...@netzero.net> wrote in message

> "John Savard" <jsa...@ecn.ab.SBLOK.ca.nowhere> wrote in message
> > The post is a forgery.
>
> Prove it.

Compare the message properties, posting path etc etc. of the original
message and Savard's forgery claim.

tim gueguen 101867

Ross Bagley

Oct 14, 2001, 2:31:33 PM10/14/01
In article <3bc92...@news.newzpig.com>,

This is a classic argumentative fallacy called shifting the burden of
proof.

The supposed Ashcroft post is extraordinarily stupid and carries no
credibility that it is actually from it's claimed origin.

You now claim that those of us who are skeptical about it's origin
must step up and provide proof to substantiate our skepticism?

Wrong. We don't believe that it could possibly be from anyone in
public office or from anyone with an IQ over 80 (different groups).
If you wish to convince us of that, you'll have to step up and provide
the evidence. We're under no obligation to do your work for you.

Regards,
Ross

-- Ross Bagley & Associates http://rossbagley.com/rba
"We don't just write software, we help you write software better!"

Stan Never Falls

Oct 14, 2001, 5:17:04 PM10/14/01
It's very possible for 1 person to post from different servers (in different
countries.)
+- +- +- +-
"tim gueguen" <ad...@sfn.saskatoon.sk.ca> wrote in message

A.L. Bell

Oct 14, 2001, 8:41:33 PM10/14/01
"tim gueguen" <ad...@sfn.saskatoon.sk.ca> wrote in message news:<xmky7.42215$5r4.12...@news1.rdc1.mb.home.com>...

Try searching on http://groups.google.com using the search term

"rec.models.railroad,rec.motorcycles,rec.motorcycles.dirt,"

and you'll see that the "Powder" post is pretty obviously just the
latest in a series of posts with different forged headers and
different originating ISPs that began Sept. 10. Other posts in the
series have included the "White Women Enslaved" post, the "Nice Jewish
Boy from Boston" post, etc.

These posts go to a LOT of newsgroups. But the spammer seems to use a
Usenet group list that's broken up in the same exact way each time.

My opinion is that these posts could easily be the equivalent of a
coded Usenet newsletter for members of Osama's Al Qaeda network. The
powder post, for example, could be a message that means, roughly, "If
you're on the anthrax team, starting mailing ahthrax or talcum
powder."

I tried giving this suggestion to the FBI, but I don't think the lady
who took the message took it seriously. If you're a victim of the
spamming or you're in law enforcement, or you're just a great hacker,
I think this would be a good thing for you to look into.

Also: I've posted responses to the Mysterious Spam Forger posts in
several different newsgroups, because I'm hoping if I plant enough
seeds I'll succeed at getting someone to follow up on this and make
sure the poster is really just a 12-year-old prankster, rather than an
Al Qaeda communications chief. Sorry about contributing to Usenet
clutter.

Mike Smith

Oct 14, 2001, 8:54:30 PM10/14/01

I have searched high and low (and all over the internet). There is no
corroboration available for this fictitious story.

Mike Smith

Stan Never Falls

Oct 14, 2001, 10:14:26 PM10/14/01
> I tried giving this suggestion to the FBI, but I don't think the lady
> who took the message took it seriously.

That's because the FBI can't do anything without the headers. Turn it into
the FBI via e-mail (or take a copy of the message, w/headers to your local
FBI office.)

Stan

Stan Never Falls

Oct 14, 2001, 10:15:21 PM10/14/01
> I have searched high and low (and all over the internet). There is no
> corroboration available for this fictitious story.

I only searched CNN.com. Didn't find it there!

Stan

MX Tuner

Oct 14, 2001, 10:57:31 PM10/14/01
On Sun, 14 Oct 2001 18:31:33 GMT, r...@jump.net (Ross Bagley) wrote:

>>> I wouldn't know. It's a forgery.

>>Prove it.

>This is a classic argumentative fallacy called shifting the burden of
>proof.
>
>The supposed Ashcroft post is extraordinarily stupid and carries no
>credibility that it is actually from it's claimed origin.
>
>You now claim that those of us who are skeptical about it's origin
>must step up and provide proof to substantiate our skepticism?
>
>Wrong. We don't believe that it could possibly be from anyone in
>public office or from anyone with an IQ over 80 (different groups).

I guess that proves it then. It must have come from Earth First.

MX Tuner

Stan Never Falls

Oct 14, 2001, 11:02:44 PM10/14/01
"MX Tuner" <mxt...@mindspring.com> (almost as bad as home.com) whines:

> I guess that proves it then. It must have come from Earth First.

Actually, it originated from a "home boy" or a "home girl". It originated
from home.com (apparently from the San Fransisco area).

Stan,
http://stansqncrs.8m.net/

Rich Lockyer

Oct 14, 2001, 11:22:37 PM10/14/01
On Sun, 14 Oct 2001 18:31:33 GMT, r...@jump.net (Ross Bagley) wrote:

>Wrong. We don't believe that it could possibly be from anyone in
>public office or from anyone with an IQ over 80 (different groups).

So it actually could have come from any number of government
employees.

--- Rich
http://richlockyer.tripod.com/

Adam

Oct 15, 2001, 12:59:11 AM10/15/01
The sad part is that some people are too stupid to understand this is BS and
will actually do it.

Stan Never Falls

Oct 15, 2001, 1:15:07 AM10/15/01
"Adam" <bray...@hawaii.rr.com> wrote in message

> The sad part is that some people are too stupid to understand this is BS
and
> will actually do it.

Which is exactly the good reason to turn the post into the FBI (so the FBI
will know where it all started when they get a bunch of false antherax
alarms.)

Stan

OldBiker

Oct 15, 2001, 9:05:43 AM10/15/01
John Savard wrote:

> The post is a forgery.

Respectfully, who gives a shit. I'm not grouping you with them John,
just piggy backing on your post, but all this cowardly whining I see on
TV and even here on rec'y makes me ashamed. For chrissake, what if these
idiots had to face any real danger; like our forefathers endured on a
daily basis. The first Brit colony on these shores disappeared; over 100
men women and kids gone God knows where. But the second stayed, and the
third and so on despite a *20%* death rate every winter. My maternal
ancestors showed up on Mayflower, after these people had made things a
tad safer. My paternal ancestors came over from Switzerland in the
1730s, settled on the frontier near what's now Strasburg, Va and lived
there during the French/Indian and Revolutionary wars. They survived
Indian raids but god damn Yankees burnt their mill in the War of Yankee
Aggression. Another ancestor walked from San Diego to Iowa via the Salt
Lake after the Mexican War; alone without even a gun! Point is, these
people were not exceptional! Their kind of valor was common. Everybody
put up with similar dangers. That's what made this country.

Now it seems there are folks who're afraid to open their mail because
*one* dude out of umpteen million died of Anthrax!! Jeeze, I've hauled
cattle that died of Anthrax out of feedlots! Big deal!

Shame on these cowards and shame on the media who feed their fears!!
Somebody otta put them out of their misery before they breed!

tim gueguen

Oct 15, 2001, 11:44:19 AM10/15/01

"A.L. Bell" <all...@vnet.net> wrote in message

> "tim gueguen" <ad...@sfn.saskatoon.sk.ca> wrote in message
> > "Stan Never Falls" <sigo...@netzero.net> wrote in message
> > > "John Savard" <jsa...@ecn.ab.SBLOK.ca.nowhere> wrote in message
> > >
> > > Prove it.
> > >
> > Compare the message properties, posting path etc etc. of the original
> > message and Savard's forgery claim.
> >
> > tim gueguen 101867
>
> Try searching on http://groups.google.com using the search term
>
> "rec.models.railroad,rec.motorcycles,rec.motorcycles.dirt,"
>
> and you'll see that the "Powder" post is pretty obviously just the
> latest in a series of posts with different forged headers and
> different originating ISPs that began Sept. 10. Other posts in the
> series have included the "White Women Enslaved" post, the "Nice Jewish
> Boy from Boston" post, etc.
>
> These posts go to a LOT of newsgroups. But the spammer seems to use a
> Usenet group list that's broken up in the same exact way each time.
>
> My opinion is that these posts could easily be the equivalent of a
> coded Usenet newsletter for members of Osama's Al Qaeda network.

They aren't. The spam forger has been using the same tactics since at least
the early days of 2000, using various stolen names. Its pretty obvious its
a North American based racist given the content of the posts and many of the
victims of the forgeries. He's posted as Morris Dees, the real Morris Dees
being the head of the Southern Poverty Law Center, an antiracist and
anti-Klu Klux Klan organisation. A few weeks ago he posted as Julia Stiles,
the real Julia Stiles being an actress who has played characters involved in
interracial romances in two films. And the content is stuff that reflects
the bugaboos of our racist stupids, or comes from sites catering to them,
such as the Neonazi National Alliance.

tim gueguen 101867

•eÜi

Oct 15, 2001, 1:03:39 PM10/15/01

OldBiker wrote in message <3BCADF27...@crosslink.net>...
<snip tirade>

> They survived
>Indian raids but god damn Yankees burnt their mill in the War of Yankee
>Aggression.

And shame on you, sir. I bet you are one of those "the South will rise
again" shitheads too.

>Another ancestor walked from San Diego to Iowa via the Salt
>Lake after the Mexican War; alone without even a gun!

Must have been mighty lost to head North of the Mason Dixon line and not be
armed. You know how agressive we Unionists are.

>Point is, these
>people were not exceptional! Their kind of valor was common. Everybody
>put up with similar dangers. That's what made this country.

Oh, so now you want to be "One Great Nation"?

>Now it seems there are folks who're afraid to open their mail because
>*one* dude out of umpteen million died of Anthrax!! Jeeze, I've hauled
>cattle that died of Anthrax out of feedlots! Big deal!

And spider eggs are found in Grape Bubble Yum bubble gum.

>Shame on these cowards and shame on the media who feed their fears!!
>Somebody otta put them out of their misery before they breed!

It is prejudicial thought like yours that leads to problems in the future.
I hope you figure it out before you breed.

Yeti

redi...@webtv.net

Oct 15, 2001, 1:14:52 PM10/15/01
The blue of the twain?

TimF

Oct 15, 2001, 2:33:45 PM10/15/01
"Stan and the Sequencers" <sigo...@netzero.net> wrote in message news:<3bc8d...@news.newzpig.com>...
> Bullshit.
> +- +- +- +-

> "John Savard" <jsa...@ecn.ab.SBLOK.ca.nowhere> wrote in message
> > powder." ...

Straw man arguments.

A.L. Bell

Oct 15, 2001, 5:17:55 PM10/15/01
"tim gueguen" <ad...@sfn.saskatoon.sk.ca> wrote in message news:<nvDy7.44734$5r4.12...@news1.rdc1.mb.home.com>...

> They aren't. The spam forger has been using the same tactics since at least
> the early days of 2000, using various stolen names. Its pretty obvious its
> a North American based racist given the content of the posts and many of the
> victims of the forgeries.

I understand that similar campaigns might have started before Sept.
10. (It seemed as if, on alt.2600, when I posted this suggestion,
Necrocapitalist (god_i...@europe.com and and rspe...@aol.com were
implying that they might possibly be the spammers.)

But, even if Necrocapitalist and Rspeaking, or people with similar
views, are the people who posted the posts, do folks know enough about
them to know that they're not hiding Al Qaeda newsletters in racist
spam? It seems as if Al Qaeda has been active for a long time, so it
could be that a spam-based newsletter would be active for a long time,
too.

Anyhow, it sounds as if you know enough more about this situation that
you're probably right and I'm probably totally wrong, but it would be
sort of fun (in a very grim way) to find Al Qaeda newsletters in spam.

Stan Never Falls

Oct 15, 2001, 8:20:42 PM10/15/01
> Shame on these cowards and shame on the media who feed their fears!!
> Somebody otta put them out of their misery before they breed!

Why do you think they're sending the Anthrax to the so-called liberal media?

Stan,
http://stansqncrs.8m.net/

Stan Never Falls

Oct 15, 2001, 8:25:19 PM10/15/01
Somebody kick the record player, it's stuck again!
+- +- +- +-
"TimF" <timf...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Stan Never Falls

Oct 15, 2001, 8:29:03 PM10/15/01
> I understand that similar campaigns might have started before Sept.
> 10. (It seemed as if, on alt.2600, when I posted this suggestion,
> Necrocapitalist (god_i...@europe.com and and rspe...@aol.com were
> implying that they might possibly be the spammers.)
>
> But, even if Necrocapitalist and Rspeaking, or people with similar
> views, are the people who posted the posts, do folks know enough about
> them to know that they're not hiding Al Qaeda newsletters in racist
> spam? It seems as if Al Qaeda has been active for a long time, so it
> could be that a spam-based newsletter would be active for a long time,
> too.
>
> Anyhow, it sounds as if you know enough more about this situation that
> you're probably right and I'm probably totally wrong, but it would be
> sort of fun (in a very grim way) to find Al Qaeda newsletters in spam.

I have concluded that it's our own right-wing extremists/slime creatures
that are doing the Anthrax bullshit.

1) The actual Anthrax letters were sent to - the so-called liberal media.
2) Another letter was sent to the Senate majority leader, a Democrat.
3) It's been identified as the Ames (sp?) strain, only available at
Univerity of Iowa

And everybody knows how "inside" these kooks are at the universities, even
Berkely.

Stan,
http://stansqncrs.8m.net/
"Bang Bang Maxwell's silver hammer came down, upon her head" - Beatles

Mark Mathu

Oct 15, 2001, 9:29:21 PM10/15/01
Stan Never Falls wrote...

> 3) It's been identified as the Ames (sp?) strain, only available at
> Univerity of Iowa

No.

"The so-called 'Ames strain' is one of the most common in labs because in some
tests it is used as a reference whenever researchers need to determine whether
an unknown sample contains anthrax."
http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/ap/20011010/us/anthrax_case_strain_1.html

"...the Ames strain was discovered in the 1950's at Iowa State University, in
livestock that had died of anthrax. It has since been sent to laboratories
across the world for research purposes."
http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nyt/20011011/ts/florida_inquiry_finds_anthrax_in_
third_person_1.html

Stan Never Falls

Oct 15, 2001, 9:34:36 PM10/15/01
You believe Yahoo? LOL!
+- +- +- +-
"Mark Mathu" <ma...@mathu.com> wrote in message

Stan Never Falls

Oct 15, 2001, 9:37:27 PM10/15/01
> > "...the Ames strain was discovered in the 1950's at Iowa State
University,
> in
> > livestock that had died of anthrax. It has since been sent to
laboratories
> > across the world for research purposes."

http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nyt/20011011/ts/florida_inquiry_finds_anthrax_i
> n_
> > third_person_1.html

(if true) Labs at Universities, I'll bet.

Stan

JIMBEAR

Oct 15, 2001, 9:51:40 PM10/15/01
Well, the first cases were at the headquarters of The National Enquirer and
The Star. I didn't know that they were the "Liberal Media". I thought they
were toilet paper for trailer trash. ;-)

Mark Mathu

Oct 15, 2001, 10:05:45 PM10/15/01
"Stan Never Falls" <sigo...@netzero.net> wrote...

> You believe Yahoo? LOL!

The news sources were the Miami Herald, New York Times, and Associated Press,
you Yahoo.

Stan Never Falls

Oct 15, 2001, 10:36:53 PM10/15/01
To the right-wing, everything other than Rush Limbaugh (and his chronies) is
the so-called Liberal media.
+- +- +- +-
"JIMBEAR" <rib...@home.com>, homey:

Stan Never Falls

Oct 15, 2001, 10:37:52 PM10/15/01
"Mark Mathu" <ma...@mathu.com> wrote in message

As Lake says, 'Never Say Never', so, see my response that included this -
"(if true)". Anyhow, how do you know it wasn't a forgery?

Stan

Stan Never Falls

Oct 15, 2001, 10:37:52 PM10/15/01
"Mark Mathu" <ma...@mathu.com> wrote in message

As Lake says, 'Never Say Never', so, see my response that included this -

scrape at mindspring dot com

Oct 16, 2001, 1:05:57 AM10/16/01
On Mon, 15 Oct 2001 21:36:53 -0500, "Stan Never Falls"
<sigo...@netzero.net> wrote:

>To the right-wing, everything other than Rush Limbaugh (and his chronies) is
>the so-called Liberal media.

Horse shit. It's just that 95%+ would be correctly categorized that
way.

W.B. Lyttle

Stan Never Falls

Oct 16, 2001, 1:25:45 AM10/16/01
> >To the right-wing, everything other than Rush Limbaugh (and his chronies)
is
> >the so-called Liberal media.
>
> Horse shit. It's just that 95%+ would be correctly categorized that
> way.

95% of what?

Mike Smith

Oct 16, 2001, 6:44:31 AM10/16/01
On Tue, 16 Oct 2001 01:51:40 GMT, "JIMBEAR" <rib...@home.com> wrote:

>Well, the first cases were at the headquarters of The National Enquirer and
>The Star. I didn't know that they were the "Liberal Media". I thought they
>were toilet paper for trailer trash. ;-)

No. ABCNNBCBS get their story leads from The National Enquirer and
The Star. Otherwise, they would never be able to initiate a story.
ABCNNBCBS no longer have the capability to generate or initiate a
story on their own. They forgot to hire any new journalists, and all
of their old ones retired. They are still good at covering fires,
floods, and disasters, though.

Mike Smith

scrape at mindspring dot com

Oct 16, 2001, 6:57:09 AM10/16/01

95% of what would be considered major print and TV media. The couple
of exceptions that come to mind are the Washington Times, Fox News (to
an extent) and that's pretty much it.

W.B. Lyttle

GPumpkin

Oct 16, 2001, 8:35:33 AM10/16/01

"Mike Smith" <m...@wt.net> wrote in message

Haven't you ever noticed that all the "major" networks play the exact same
stories each night. They don't investigate any more, they all get their
stories from the API feed, and when ever they boast an "exclusive" that just
means that they bought the rights to a quote or POV.

GPump

TimF

Oct 16, 2001, 11:17:58 AM10/16/01
"Stan Never Falls" <sigo...@netzero.net> wrote in message news:<3bcbb...@news.newzpig.com>...

Straw man arguments.

King Nothng

Oct 14, 2001, 10:44:02 AM10/14/01
This is his way of saying "Send me coke".

================
Drew (King Nothing)
(Also Junior, Metallica fan, and Idiot railfan)

The Ainsley Transportation Group
A 1:87 Scale Enterprise

bu...@idirect.com
ICQ 11231552

"PeteC" <trai...@carolina.rr.com> wrote in message
> This guy must be on crack!!

D. P. Roberts

Oct 16, 2001, 12:41:28 PM10/16/01
>Haven't you ever noticed that all the "major" networks play the exact same
>stories each night. They don't investigate any more, they all get their

At the exact same time, too. You might as well watch only one
newscast. I quit "watching" the network news years ago, even quit
having it on. When I did flip it on a couple of years ago and tuned
to Dan Rather, it was like watching obvious propaganda.

GPumpkin

Oct 16, 2001, 2:32:13 PM10/16/01

"D. P. Roberts" <in...@montoya.net> wrote in message

Almost all network news is offering only one point of view and more and more
of the content is processed and opinioned rather than simply reported. It's
hard to get anything balanced any more. When I care, I'll usually listen to
NPR for the overly liberal view, read USA Today for the moderately liberal
view, This Week for the moderately conservative view, and Rush Limbaugh for
the overly conservative view, and if possible get some netzine input. It's a
lot of work, but I can then put together an item that contains largely my
own bias :) Of course, I end up ignoring 95% of the news.

Stan Never Falls

Oct 16, 2001, 8:10:00 PM10/16/01
<scrape at mindspring dot com (scrape at mindspring dot com)> wrote in
message news:3bcc122c...@news.mindspring.com...

Except, 95% of the media is actually the conservative media. You Dittoheads
got it backwards.

Stan

Stan Never Falls

Oct 16, 2001, 8:10:50 PM10/16/01
> Haven't you ever noticed that all the "major" networks play the exact same
> stories each night. They don't investigate any more, they all get their
> stories from the API feed, and when ever they boast an "exclusive" that
just
> means that they bought the rights to a quote or POV.

Cause it's actually the conservative media.

Stan

Mark Mathu

Oct 16, 2001, 9:48:34 PM10/16/01
Stan Never Falls wrote...

>>> You believe Yahoo? LOL!
>>
>> The news sources were the Miami Herald, New York Times, and Associated
>> Press, you Yahoo.
>
> As Lake says, 'Never Say Never', so, see my response that included this -
> "(if true)". Anyhow, how do you know it wasn't a forgery?

Well, I certainly trust it more than the writings of a person who couldn't
even identify the sources as the Miami Herald, New York Times, and Associated
Press.

Stan Never Falls

Oct 16, 2001, 10:12:14 PM10/16/01
So see my response that I pointed you to.

Stan,
http://darkside.4mg.com/
"[somebody found the Moon]" - Smash Mouth
+- +- +- +-

"Mark Mathu" <ma...@mathu.com> wrote in message

Mike Smith

Oct 16, 2001, 10:24:17 PM10/16/01

BWAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!

Good one Stan.....
Thanks for the laugh!

Mike Smith

Stan Never Falls

Oct 16, 2001, 10:36:40 PM10/16/01
A right-wing extremist lying-type propaganda artist whines:

> >Cause it's actually the conservative media.
> >
> BWAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!
>
> Good one Stan.....
> Thanks for the laugh!

Did you think I thought you were gonna admit it? Really?

Stan

Mike Smith

Oct 17, 2001, 6:47:50 AM10/17/01

Huh??!!??

You are serious??!!??

Why, only a socialist would think our media is conservative.

Oh......................... Now I get it.

Mike Smith

scrape at mindspring dot com

Oct 17, 2001, 6:54:28 AM10/17/01
On Tue, 16 Oct 2001 19:10:00 -0500, "Stan Never Falls"
<sigo...@netzero.net> wrote:

><scrape at mindspring dot com (scrape at mindspring dot com)> wrote in
>message news:3bcc122c...@news.mindspring.com...

>chronies)
>> >is

>> >95% of what?
>>
>> 95% of what would be considered major print and TV media. The couple
>> of exceptions that come to mind are the Washington Times, Fox News (to
>> an extent) and that's pretty much it.
>

>Except, 95% of the media is actually the conservative media. You Dittoheads
>got it backwards.

Oh, okay. Thanks for clearing that up.

Mark Mathu

Oct 17, 2001, 1:22:03 PM10/17/01
Stan Never Falls wrote...

> So see my response that I pointed you to.

Everybody saw your response "It's been identified as the Ames strain, only
available at Univerity of Iowa," and they've also read the news and know that
you are posting incorrect facts.

Stan Never Falls

Oct 17, 2001, 7:48:02 PM10/17/01
> Why, only a socialist would think our media is conservative.

Oh really?

Stan Never Falls

Oct 17, 2001, 7:49:18 PM10/17/01

> Stan Never Falls wrote...
> > So see my response that I pointed you to.
>
> Everybody saw your response "It's been identified as the Ames strain, only
> available at Univerity of Iowa,"

That's not the response I'm referring you to (and you know it).

Barbara Standley

Oct 18, 2001, 12:16:07 AM10/18/01
wow

D. P. Roberts <in...@montoya.net> wrote in message
yeah well thankfully I could care less what the tlaking heads(damn the
ssc) on television or the so called "news print" reporters have to say
brainless twits!

keith---
--
Meanwhile, Moses rode an old British motorcycle, as
evidenced by a Bible passage declaring that "the roar of