Selling Train Collection

lorir...@aol.com

May 21, 2020, 12:51:30 PM5/21/20
Hello,
I am new to this site. My father in law recently passed leaving a train collection of mostly pre war but some post war trains. Any ideas who might be interested in buying the whole collection? Thanks for any help.

Lori

lorir...@aol.com

May 21, 2020, 12:52:46 PM5/21/20
I’m located in Lake Wylie, SC just south of Charlotte.

Thanks

Ermin de Winkel

May 23, 2020, 3:13:47 AM5/23/20
Op 21-5-2020 om 18:51 schreef lorir...@aol.com:
> Hello,
> I am new to this site. My father in law recently passed leaving a train collection of mostly pre war but some post war trains. Any ideas who might be interested in buying the whole collection? Thanks for any help.
>
> Lori

Suggest in photographing the whole lot and try to sell on ebay. Do
include the background story. For a lot of people makes it more
interesting of valuable.

Christopher A. Lee

May 23, 2020, 7:28:20 AM5/23/20
On Sat, 23 May 2020 09:13:45 +0200, Ermin de Winkel
<wink...@xs4all.nl> wrote:

>Op 21-5-2020 om 18:51 schreef lorir...@aol.com:
>> Hello,
>> I am new to this site. My father in law recently passed leaving a train
>> collection of mostly pre war but some post war trains. Any ideas who
>> might be interested in buying the whole collection? Thanks for any help.

My sympathies on your loss.

>> Lori
>>
>Suggest in photographing the whole lot and try to sell on ebay. Do
>include the background story. For a lot of people makes it more
>interesting of valuable.

Get his friends to identify the pieces, and search ebay to get some
idea of their value, taking into account their condition. Then sell
via ebay rather than a local shop - you'll get a better deal.

One of the problems when a collector dies, is that the vultures gather
round - so don't sell to the friends until you have a good idea of the
value.

lorir...@aol.com

May 23, 2020, 10:01:06 AM5/23/20
Thank you both for the advice.

Lori

Race Man

May 26, 2020, 7:15:07 PM5/26/20
> --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
> * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
sonds cool thing to have i keep them