Google Grupper har inte längre stöd för nya Usenet-inlägg eller -prenumerationer. Historiskt innehåll förblir synligt.

Getting more free disk spaces in iOS devices (v3.1.3 to the (lat/new)est)?

5 visningar

Ant

oläst,
11 feb. 2015 11:50:562015-02-11
till
Hello.

Is it possible to add more disk spaces through hardwares (e.g., external
memory cards) or softwares (e.g., data compressions) in iOS devices
(iPod Touch 1G, iPhone 4S, etc.) like on computers and other non-Apple
devices?

Thank you in advance. :)
--
* <-- Tribble ... *********************** <-- Tribbles imitating ants
(unknown author)

nospam

oläst,
11 feb. 2015 12:22:162015-02-11
till
In article <FdGdnQiCd-XyFUbJ...@earthlink.com>, Ant
<a...@zimage.comANT> wrote:

> Is it possible to add more disk spaces through hardwares (e.g., external
> memory cards) or softwares (e.g., data compressions) in iOS devices
> (iPod Touch 1G, iPhone 4S, etc.) like on computers and other non-Apple
> devices?

no.

Jolly Roger

oläst,
11 feb. 2015 13:06:422015-02-11
till
On 2015-02-11, Ant <a...@zimage.comANT> wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Is it possible to add more disk spaces through hardwares (e.g., external
> memory cards) or softwares (e.g., data compressions) in iOS devices
> (iPod Touch 1G, iPhone 4S, etc.) like on computers and other non-Apple
> devices?
>
> Thank you in advance. :)

There are solutions that let you add storage space via wireless and
wired devices you connect to the iOS device, but there are caveats:

<http://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-add-more-storage-to-an-ios-device/>
<http://www.zdnet.com/article/add-more-storage-to-your-android-or-ios-device-wirelessly/>

More available through the nifty web search method. ; )

Dropbox and competing solutions provide additional storage for certain
things as well.

JR

Ant

oläst,
11 feb. 2015 13:15:272015-02-11
till
>> Is it possible to add more disk spaces through hardwares (e.g., external
>> memory cards) or softwares (e.g., data compressions) in iOS devices
>> (iPod Touch 1G, iPhone 4S, etc.) like on computers and other non-Apple
>> devices?
>
> There are solutions that let you add storage space via wireless and
> wired devices you connect to the iOS device, but there are caveats:
>
> <http://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-add-more-storage-to-an-ios-device/>
> <http://www.zdnet.com/article/add-more-storage-to-your-android-or-ios-device-wirelessly/>
>
> More available through the nifty web search method. ; )
>
> Dropbox and competing solutions provide additional storage for certain
> things as well.

Ah, but no local internal storage then. My iPhone 5 friends use
http://www.mophie.com/shop/space-pack-iphone-5s ... None for 4S, iPod
Touch 1G, etc.
--
"In an ant colony, dew is a flood." --Afghan

Michelle Steiner

oläst,
11 feb. 2015 15:05:132015-02-11
till
In article <ck1k1g...@mid.individual.net>, Jolly Roger
<jolly...@pobox.com> wrote:

> On 2015-02-11, Ant <a...@zimage.comANT> wrote:
> > Hello.
> >
> > Is it possible to add more disk spaces through hardwares (e.g., external
> > memory cards) or softwares (e.g., data compressions) in iOS devices
> > (iPod Touch 1G, iPhone 4S, etc.) like on computers and other non-Apple
> > devices?
> >
> > Thank you in advance. :)
>
> There are solutions that let you add storage space via wireless and
> wired devices you connect to the iOS device, but there are caveats:
>
> <http://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-add-more-storage-to-an-ios-device/>
>
> <http://www.zdnet.com/article/add-more-storage-to-your-android-or-ios-device-w
> irelessly/>
>
> More available through the nifty web search method. ; )
>
> Dropbox and competing solutions provide additional storage for certain
> things as well.

Not to mention iCloud.

Ant

oläst,
11 feb. 2015 20:47:142015-02-11
till
On 2/11/2015 9:22 AM, nospam wrote:

>> Is it possible to add more disk spaces through hardwares (e.g., external
>> memory cards) or softwares (e.g., data compressions) in iOS devices
>> (iPod Touch 1G, iPhone 4S, etc.) like on computers and other non-Apple
>> devices?
>
> no.

OK and thanks. :(
--
"The greatest enemies of ants are other ants, just as the greatest
enemies of men are other men." --Auguste Forel

Your Name

oläst,
11 feb. 2015 22:30:242015-02-11
till
In article <HNadnefVZf68m0HJ...@earthlink.com>, Ant
<a...@zimage.comANT> wrote:
> On 2/11/2015 9:22 AM, nospam wrote:
> >>
> >> Is it possible to add more disk spaces through hardwares (e.g., external
> >> memory cards) or softwares (e.g., data compressions) in iOS devices
> >> (iPod Touch 1G, iPhone 4S, etc.) like on computers and other non-Apple
> >> devices?
> >
> > no.
>
> OK and thanks. :(

You can add more storage space. There's a number of companies that sell
a wireless hard drive that can be used with iOS devices and
HyperShop.com sells an iUSBPort wireless box into which you can plug
any USB storage device to use with iOS devices. I also vaguely recall
seeing an advert for an iPhone battery case that includes extra storage
as well.

Some people have managed to get USB hard drives to work via Apple's
Camera Connection Kit, but that isn'tan officially supported function
of the Kit.

Ant

oläst,
12 feb. 2015 01:18:062015-02-12
till
> You can add more storage space. There's a number of companies that sell
> a wireless hard drive that can be used with iOS devices and
> HyperShop.com sells an iUSBPort wireless box into which you can plug
> any USB storage device to use with iOS devices. I also vaguely recall
> seeing an advert for an iPhone battery case that includes extra storage
> as well.
>
> Some people have managed to get USB hard drives to work via Apple's
> Camera Connection Kit, but that isn'tan officially supported function
> of the Kit.

So, it have to be carried with iDevice at the same time which is heavier
and bigger. I wonder why Apple didn't include a tiny memory card slot. :/
--
"For example, the tiny ant, a creature of great industry, drags with its
mouth whatever it can, and adds it to the heap which she is piling up,

Your Name

oläst,
12 feb. 2015 01:28:082015-02-12
till
In article <oaGdncJIMq8A2EHJ...@earthlink.com>, Ant
<a...@zimage.comANT> wrote:

> > You can add more storage space. There's a number of companies that sell
> > a wireless hard drive that can be used with iOS devices and
> > HyperShop.com sells an iUSBPort wireless box into which you can plug
> > any USB storage device to use with iOS devices. I also vaguely recall
> > seeing an advert for an iPhone battery case that includes extra storage
> > as well.
> >
> > Some people have managed to get USB hard drives to work via Apple's
> > Camera Connection Kit, but that isn'tan officially supported function
> > of the Kit.
>
> So, it have to be carried with iDevice at the same time which is heavier
> and bigger.

Most of them aren't that big or heavy.

> I wonder why Apple didn't include a tiny memory card slot. :/

Because most people would never use it. It would also mean the iPhone
would probably have to be thicker, cost a bit more, and use up a bit of
battery power, less room for battery capacity, etc.

Rod Speed

oläst,
12 feb. 2015 01:37:222015-02-12
till
Ant <a...@zimage.comANT> wrote

>> You can add more storage space. There's a number of companies
>> that sell a wireless hard drive that can be used with iOS devices and
>> HyperShop.com sells an iUSBPort wireless box into which you can plug
>> any USB storage device to use with iOS devices. I also vaguely recall
>> seeing an advert for an iPhone battery case that includes extra storage
>> as well.

>> Some people have managed to get USB hard drives to work via Apple's
>> Camera Connection Kit, but that isn'tan officially supported function
>> of the Kit.

> So, it have to be carried with iDevice at the same time which is heavier
> and bigger. I wonder why Apple didn't include a tiny memory card slot. :/

Jobs had very rigid ideas about stuff like that.

Ant

oläst,
12 feb. 2015 01:38:342015-02-12
till
>> So, it have to be carried with iDevice at the same time which is
>> heavier and bigger. I wonder why Apple didn't include a tiny memory
>> card slot. :/
>
> Jobs had very rigid ideas about stuff like that.

I guess Mr. Cook is following that. :/
--
"A coconut shell full of water is a(n) sea/ocean to an ant." --Indians

Rod Speed

oläst,
12 feb. 2015 03:16:472015-02-12
till

"Ant" <a...@zimage.comANT> wrote in message
>>> So, it have to be carried with iDevice at the same time which is
>>> heavier and bigger. I wonder why Apple didn't include a tiny memory
>>> card slot. :/
>>
>> Jobs had very rigid ideas about stuff like that.
>
> I guess Mr. Cook is following that. :/

Its actually Ive doing that stuff now.

Meddelandet har raderats

Jolly Roger

oläst,
12 feb. 2015 09:25:412015-02-12
till
On 2015-02-12, Ant <a...@zimage.comANT> wrote:
>> You can add more storage space. There's a number of companies that sell
>> a wireless hard drive that can be used with iOS devices and
>> HyperShop.com sells an iUSBPort wireless box into which you can plug
>> any USB storage device to use with iOS devices. I also vaguely recall
>> seeing an advert for an iPhone battery case that includes extra storage
>> as well.
>>
>> Some people have managed to get USB hard drives to work via Apple's
>> Camera Connection Kit, but that isn'tan officially supported function
>> of the Kit.
>
> So, it have to be carried with iDevice at the same time which is heavier
> and bigger. I wonder why Apple didn't include a tiny memory card slot. :/

We've discussed that many, many times here. Apparently you were under
rock? : D There are plenty of good reasons Apple didn't bother to do
this.

Ant

oläst,
12 feb. 2015 12:21:072015-02-12
till

>>> Jobs had very rigid ideas about stuff like that.
>>
>> I guess Mr. Cook is following that. :/
>
> Its actually Ive doing that stuff now.

Ah. And Mr. Jobs and Cook agreed on this decision? Interesting.
--
"An ant on the move does more than a dozing ox." --Mexican Proverb

Ant

oläst,
12 feb. 2015 12:22:252015-02-12
till
> We've discussed that many, many times here. Apparently you were under
> rock? : D There are plenty of good reasons Apple didn't bother to do
> this.

It was probably because I wasn't dealing with iDevices back then? :D
--
"Your mom's legs are so hairy, the ants think they're in a jungle."
--unknown

Ant

oläst,
12 feb. 2015 12:23:542015-02-12
till

>>> Jobs had very rigid ideas about stuff like that.
>
>> I guess Mr. Cook is following that. :/
>
> Open up an iPhone and you will see there is no room.

Ah. Make it a little bigger since people seem to love iPhablets. [grin]
--
"The sun's just a big glass, we're all ants, I LOVE YOU." --"Magnified"
song by the Failure band

Jolly Roger

oläst,
12 feb. 2015 12:28:472015-02-12
till
On 2015-02-12, Ant <a...@zimage.comANT> wrote:

>>> I guess Mr. Cook is following that. :/
>>
>> Its actually Ive doing that stuff now.
>
> Ah. And Mr. Jobs and Cook agreed on this decision? Interesting.

Along with the rest of Apple's employees, yep. Singling out the one guy
at the very top is silly considering *many* people are involved in the
decisions that are made, and shows a lack of understanding of how the
real world works.

Rod Speed

oläst,
12 feb. 2015 12:54:262015-02-12
till
Ant <a...@zimage.comANT> wrote

>>> I guess Mr. Cook is following that. :/

>> Its actually Ive doing that stuff now.

> Ah. And Mr. Jobs and Cook agreed on this decision?

Which decision, the lack of a memory card slot or
that Ive would be doing what Jobs used to do ?

> Interesting.

Rod Speed

oläst,
12 feb. 2015 12:56:552015-02-12
till
Ant <a...@zimage.comANT> wrote

>>> I guess Mr. Cook is following that. :/

>> Open up an iPhone and you will see there is no room.

> Ah. Make it a little bigger

They did with the 6 and its got room for it.

> since people seem to love iPhablets. [grin]

Certainly plenty are happy with the bigger 6.

IMO it would be better to make it thicker
and have much better battery time too.

Rod Speed

oläst,
12 feb. 2015 12:57:572015-02-12
till

"Jolly Roger" <jolly...@pobox.com> wrote in message

>>> Its actually Ive doing that stuff now.
>>
>> Ah. And Mr. Jobs and Cook agreed on this decision? Interesting.
>
> Along with the rest of Apple's employees, yep. Singling out the one guy
> at the very top is silly considering *many* people are involved in the
> decisions that are made, and shows a lack of understanding of how the
> real world works.

You show a lack of understanding about how that sort of thing is decided.

Your Name

oläst,
12 feb. 2015 15:03:352015-02-12
till
In article <bP6dnUZrndQ0fEHJ...@earthlink.com>, Ant
<a...@zimage.comANT> wrote:

> >> I guess Mr. Cook is following that. :/
> >
> > Open up an iPhone and you will see there is no room.
>
> Ah. Make it a little bigger since people seem to love iPhablets. [grin]

When made bigger, the extra space (for iPhones anyway) is used for
extra battery capacity so the device lasts longer between recharges.

Very few people want to muckj about with silly memory cards, so APple
doesn't bother with all the problems of adding a slot for them. Very
few people want to bother chnaging batteries, so Apple doesn't bother
with all the problems of a user-removeable battery either.

Ant

oläst,
13 feb. 2015 18:15:542015-02-13
till
Both.
--
"I killed an ant, now all my relatives are afraid of me." --unknown
| |o o| |

Rod Speed

oläst,
13 feb. 2015 20:32:302015-02-13

>>> Ah. And Mr. Jobs and Cook agreed on this decision?
>>
>> Which decision, the lack of a memory card slot or that Ive would be
>> doing what Jobs used to do ?
>
> Both.

There is no evidence that I have ever seen that Cook
was even asked about whether iDevices should have
memory card slots.

0 nya meddelanden