How are you doing with iOS8?

Oppie

Oct 18, 2014, 8:32:55 PM10/18/14
I like some of the new features like photo tweaking but in general, it is
much slower. Copy and paste is broken- first copy I made after going to 8
now pastes no matter what I now copy.
I heart radio and most streaming services will stop playing somewhere
between 20 minutes and 2 hours (on charge and if power button is pressed
where screen goes black). Used to run like this continuously under ios7.
On the other hand, the supermarket scanner "Scan It" app finally connects
to the store system. Was broken under ios7.

Ant

Oct 18, 2014, 9:59:19 PM10/18/14
On 10/18/2014 5:33 PM PT, Oppie typed:
iPods use iOS8?
--
"... Hey. Could we do that again? I know we haven't met, but I don't
want to be an ant. You know? I mean, it's like we go through life with
our antennae bouncing off one another, continously on ant autopilot,
with nothing really human required of us. 'Stop.' 'Go.' 'Walk here.'
'Drive there.' All action basically for survival. All communication
simply to keep this ant colony buzzing along in an efficient, polite
manner. 'Here's your change.' 'Paper or plastic?' 'Credit or debit?"'
'You want ketchup with that' I don't want a straw. I want real human
moments. I want to see you. I want you to see me. I don't want to give
that up. I don't want to be ant, you know?" "Yeah... yeah I know. I
don't want to be an ant either. Thanks for kinda, like, josteling me
there... I've been kinda on zombie autopilot lately. I don't feel like
an ant in my head, but I guess I probably look like one..." --Waking
Life movie
| |o o| |

nospam

Oct 18, 2014, 10:51:28 PM10/18/14
In article <HLWdnSb2p5dqh97J...@earthlink.com>, Ant
<a...@zimage.comANT> wrote:

> iPods use iOS8?

5th gen ipod touch does.

D.F. Manno

Oct 25, 2014, 9:13:27 PM10/25/14
Ant <a...@zimage.comANT> wrote:

> On 10/18/2014 5:33 PM PT, Oppie typed:
>
> > I like some of the new features like photo tweaking but in general, it
> > is much slower. Copy and paste is broken- first copy I made after going
> > to 8 now pastes no matter what I now copy.
> > I heart radio and most streaming services will stop playing somewhere
> > between 20 minutes and 2 hours (on charge and if power button is pressed
> > where screen goes black). Used to run like this continuously under ios7.
> > On the other hand, the supermarket scanner "Scan It" app finally
> > connects to the store system. Was broken under ios7.
>
> iPods use iOS8?

iPod Touch (5th gen) does.

--
D.F. Manno | dfm...@mail.com
GOP delenda est!

Oppie

Oct 26, 2014, 9:16:20 PM10/26/14
Bingo.

Had a few maddening things happen with clipboard and streaming radio with
8.0 and 8.0.2. All seems fixed and back to normal when 8.1 came out. Just
takes 10 seconds or so for some apps to open now. A few crashes but those
automatically report to apple or app designer. Generally no worries now.
Oppie

"nospam" <nos...@nospam.invalid> wrote in message