Anyone take Kung Fu in Ottawa?

Calgary Rob

Nov 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/8/99
Hey, anyone here taking Kung Fu in Ottawa? What about Calgary?

--
Calgary Rob
I like Gravy

Kevin

Nov 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/8/99
Calgary Rob wrote:

> Hey, anyone here taking Kung Fu in Ottawa? What about Calgary?

I take Kung Fu in Ottawa. But not Calgary - the commute
sucks.

:o)
Kevin

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Calgary Rob

Nov 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/8/99
How do you like it? Where do you go? Sifu Patinaude? Wing Chun?

Kevin

Nov 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/8/99
Calgary Rob wrote:

> How do you like it? Where do you go? Sifu Patinaude? Wing Chun?

I like it fine, I train at Young Forest Kung fu, on Kent. There
are other great Kung Fu schools in town, and if you like Wing Chun
I'd heartily recommend Sunny Tang's studios. Badger would have
more names than I do - he doesn't network anymore than I do, but
he's got a better memory. :o)

> I like Gravy

Hey wow. I like Gravy too.

:o)
KEvin

Kevin

Nov 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/8/99

> Calgary Rob wrote:
> Where do you go? Sifu Patinaude? Wing Chun?

On furthur read, I think sifu Patinaude is your kinda guy,
by the way. I don't think he calls it Wing Chun, though,
I think it's 'Fang Shen Do' or something close.

Enjoy,

Calgary Rob

Nov 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/9/99
I used to go to Patinaudes, and you are exactly right. you get a fighting
art when you see him, and become very aggresive at the same time.

Bill C

Nov 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/15/99

Kevin <thepen...@my-deja.com> wrote in message

> > Calgary Rob wrote:
> > Where do you go? Sifu Patinaude? Wing Chun?
>
> On furthur read, I think sifu Patinaude is your kinda guy,
> by the way. I don't think he calls it Wing Chun, though,
> I think it's 'Fang Shen Do' or something close.

Kevin,

What do you mean by "sifu Patinaude is your kinda guy"???
Didn't he used to claim some Wing Chun lineage?

Bill C
Ottawa

Kevin

Nov 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/15/99
Bill C wrote:
> Kevin wrote:

> > > Calgary Rob wrote:
> > > Where do you go? Sifu Patinaude? Wing Chun?
> > On furthur read, I think sifu Patinaude is your kinda guy,
> > by the way. I don't think he calls it Wing Chun, though,
> > I think it's 'Fang Shen Do' or something close.

> What do you mean by "sifu Patinaude is your kinda guy"???

I mean what I said. Based on what I've heard and seen about
sifu Patenaude, and based on what I've read by 'Calgary Rob',
I think that Sifu Patenaude's school is a better fit for him
than, for example, Sunny Tang's schools. Are you asking me to
air out all the rumour and innuendo I've ever heard about
sifu Patenaude in public? Sorry, not something I'd do; I've
never even met Sifu Patenaude. I'm just pointing the man in
the direction of what he seems to be looking for. As it
turns out, he used to train there anyway, so I'm not even
wrong for a change. :o)

> Didn't he used to claim some Wing Chun lineage?

Yes, and curiously he no longer hangs his hat there, for
reasons I know nothing about. Even more interesting would
be to look into the whole silat complaint angle, but that
is neither here nor there - that I only know about from
reading Chas' stuff and rummaging through the various
DeThouars' websites, not from personal experience of any
kind.

:o)
Kevin

Calgary Rob

Nov 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/15/99
I will clear the air on Sifu Patinaude. Very nice person, respectable, and
teaches a damn intense martial art. Very applicable to modern situations
and lifestyle. Good for all ages and sexes. I went there and I know. I
know his family, and they too are practitioners, and able teachers.

Bill C

Nov 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/17/99

Kevin <thepen...@my-deja.com> wrote in message
> I mean what I said. Based on what I've heard and seen about
> sifu Patenaude, and based on what I've read by 'Calgary Rob',....

Kevin,

I had a look at some of the posts around here, and I see what you mean. ;-)

Thanks,
Bill C

Kevin

Nov 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/17/99
Bill C wrote:
> Kevin wrote:
> > I mean what I said. Based on what I've heard and seen about
> > sifu Patenaude, and based on what I've read by 'Calgary Rob',....
> I had a look at some of the posts around here, and I see what
> you mean. ;-)

;o) Whew. A friendly after all. Now stop sending spooky
emails with no message, would you? I warn you, I'm going to
be asking Badger what your background is tonight...

Calgary Rob

Nov 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/18/99
I also got a message from you without anything in it!

Bill C

Nov 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/20/99
Say what?

Bill C <wcu...@nospam.home.com> wrote in message

> Kevin <thepen...@my-deja.com> wrote in message

> > I mean what I said. Based on what I've heard and seen about
> > sifu Patenaude, and based on what I've read by 'Calgary Rob',....
>

> Kevin,

> I had a look at some of the posts around here, and I see what you mean.
;-)

> Thanks,
> Bill C

Bill C

Nov 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/20/99
My Outlook Express has been acting up lately. I've just downloaded the
latest version and updated my system. Let me know if you get any additional
blank emails.

Thanks
Bill C

"Calgary Rob" <roth...@home.com> wrote in message

Bill C

Nov 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/20/99
Kevin,

> Bill C wrote:
> > Kevin wrote:

> > > I mean what I said. Based on what I've heard and seen about
> > > sifu Patenaude, and based on what I've read by 'Calgary Rob',....

> > I had a look at some of the posts around here, and I see what
> > you mean. ;-)

Kevin

Nov 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/21/99
Bill C wrote:
> Kevin,
> My Outlook Express has been acting up lately. I've just downloaded the
> latest version and updated my system. Let me know if you get any
additional
> blank emails.

Okay, no worries. Microsoft hates everybody, don't feel
singled out.

Michael Ozanne

Nov 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/25/99
In article <EdqZ3.74689$it.17...@news2.rdc1.on.home.com>, Bill C
<wcu...@nospam.home.com> writes

>Kevin,
>
>My Outlook Express has been acting up lately.

How can you tell?

--
Michael Ozanne (Also oza...@pacific.co.uk)