YB Test Results - Perth Australia

GreenDistantStar

Jan 30, 2005, 6:32:04 AM1/30/05
Event - The Yellow Bamboo vs Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Challenge

Venue - South Beach - Perth, Western Australia

Conditions - Frikkin' hot, clear blue skies and windy

Media - Short version clip (challenges only) available very, very soon,
longer version incl pre-fight chats, YB training etc later.

So we assembled at South Beach as requested. Watched YB go through their
paces, heard their explanations of how they KO assailants without
touch....yes, this is still part of their spiel.

The test is to be done on the soft sand of the beach. Fraser is to run at
Alain from 25 feet whilst angry.

Alain is asked by me what would constitute a loss by YB, and he is not too
sure. He tells us what will constitute a win though, which is either Fraser
dropping or being repelled.

I suggest to Alain that a loss might be indicated by him tapping three times
on Fraser or the ground, or if he cannot rationally defend himself. He
agrees tapping will constitute a loss by YB. Welcome to reality.

Fraser - 200lbs Alain - 140lbs

The camera was set and away we go.....

Test 1

Fraser runs at Alain and attempts the crash-tackle/shoot. Alain ducks and
Fraser flies overhead, nice somersault. Uh? What the?
Let's try that again.

Test 2

Fraser runs at Alain and attempts the crash-tackle/shoot, anticipates the
duck, comes to Alain's side, takes his back, slaps on a textbook rear-naked
choke, takes hooks and Alain taps.

There is some discussion and Alain seems to think this outcome was not
definitive. I hand the camera over to Fraser and step up.....Alain sees this
and brings forward another YB practitioner.

Test 3

GDS 176lbs Un-named 250lbs

I run from 20 feet, go the shoot, he brings a knee up at the last second,
BANG! head on knee....no biggie...take a single leg and up and down he goes,
mount.....and he taps. This guy might be Art Jimmerson's brother.

They grumble about people in Sweden who *really truly* CAN do it. Yeah
right..

YELLOW BAMBOO CANNOT DO ANYTHING THEY CLAIM.

THEY CANNOT HEAL AND THEY CANNOT KO A MAN WITHOUT TOUCH.

THEY FALL DOWN AND GET TAPPED BY PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT STOOGES OR INCOMPETENTS.

Watch the video. There's your proof.

Game over.

Props to Alain and the other guy for having a go, the gutless Alvin Donovan
nowhere to be found.

GDS

Mark Goldberg

Jan 30, 2005, 6:50:58 AM1/30/05
GreenDistantStar wrote:

> GDS 176lbs Un-named 250lbs
>
> I run from 20 feet, go the shoot, he brings a knee up at the last second,
> BANG! head on knee....no biggie...take a single leg and up and down he goes,
> mount.....and he taps. This guy might be Art Jimmerson's brother.

So... you get to be a running target for a knee?
I commend you for not punching his lights out.
Now, I didn't think that would be quite kosher,his knee, and could have
been really damaging if... he knew how to place a knee.

Well done

Mark

Mark Goldberg

Jan 30, 2005, 7:46:43 AM1/30/05
Fraser Johnston wrote:

.... I was pissed the Alain had dropped to the ground my
> first attempt. Because of that I figured in the second attempt I had 2
> choices. Knee him in the face or choke him. His buddy was trying to rile
> my up but I was already pissed that Alain had dropped to try and pretend a
> victory. So after I took his back and started choking him I thought I would
> wait a while until I acknowledged his taps. It was really only because of
> my wife yelling out that he was tapping in a concerned voice that I stopped.
> I was planning on putting him out. Peter thought the whole thing was
> hilarious.
>
> Fraser

Let's get that video up there.
I'm looking to see your somersaulting skills.

Mark

Mark Goldberg

Jan 30, 2005, 7:12:37 AM1/30/05
Fraser Johnston wrote:

> Damn. Beat me to the full story by 27 minutes. I'm just getting ready to
> download the video now.
>
> Fraser

I can't wait to see your running somersault ability :^))

Mark

Fraser Johnston

Jan 30, 2005, 7:27:16 AM1/30/05

"Mark Goldberg" <msgol...@optonline.net> wrote in message
> And again, congratulations for the real time courtesy, gentlemanliness
> that you and Fraser showed. The hate that Alvin pulled out of his skull
> made it sad; it was unnecessary and spoke poorly for their self control
> and ethics. I have no problem with MA's or fighters, talking turkey, as
> you guys did... I don't recall you two getting vicious, or using false
> ID's, identity theft, character assasssination like Alvin did.
>
> I hope he examines his motives because that is uncool, period.
> You guys were good sports, which speaks volumes.

I was a big naughty. I was pissed the Alain had dropped to the ground my

Fraser Johnston

Jan 30, 2005, 7:05:25 AM1/30/05

"GreenDistantStar" <greendis...@bigpond.com> wrote in message

Damn. Beat me to the full story by 27 minutes. I'm just getting ready to

Mark Goldberg

Jan 30, 2005, 7:22:53 AM1/30/05
GreenDistantStar wrote:

> Event - The Yellow Bamboo vs Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Challenge

> Game over.

> Props to Alain and the other guy for having a go, the gutless Alvin Donovan
> nowhere to be found.
>
> GDS

And again, congratulations for the real time courtesy, gentlemanliness

that you and Fraser showed. The hate that Alvin pulled out of his skull
made it sad; it was unnecessary and spoke poorly for their self control
and ethics. I have no problem with MA's or fighters, talking turkey, as
you guys did... I don't recall you two getting vicious, or using false
ID's, identity theft, character assasssination like Alvin did.

I hope he examines his motives because that is uncool, period.
You guys were good sports, which speaks volumes.

Mark

Harkon

Jan 30, 2005, 11:56:00 AM1/30/05
"GreenDistantStar" <greendis...@bigpond.com> wrote in message

Hey GDS:

There were two other guys there, me and a friend. I had a video camera, he
had a digital still camera. If you'd like a copy of the footage, let me
know.

The reasons we were there were simple: we heard about it through a website
devoted to exposing fraud in the martial arts, and decided to check it out.
Would have come up and introduced ourselves when you guys rocked up, but I
didn't want to hassle you beforehand. We did come up and kinda try to do so
afterward, but you were understandably less than impressed at the way things
had turned out, so I figured I'd just post here and stuff.. it's been a
while since I regularly checked out r.m-a, but this was worth it.

Given the wind, I'll be impressed if you get any audio worth much out of it.
I couldn't hear what was being said two metres away from me, though I did
hear the hissing the YB people were doing from a lot further away. My
camera didn't even pick that up, and it's not exactly a cheap-ass home-vid
device.

I did like the way the second guy decided enough was enough after the first
takedown, and no-one else wanted to put it on the line... very classy.

Of course, I'm a little miffed because that was, a couple years ago, my
local beach. Still is, in a roundabout way.

>There is some discussion and Alain seems to think this outcome was not
>definitive.

About the only word I seem to have managed to overhear were something along
the lines of, "You're not supposed to grab me like that."

Was a nice RNC. I was vaguely surprised he tapped.. kinda thought he might
have tried to chi his way through it or something.

For others reading: yeah, it's pretty much as GDS said. The only thing
approaching a success that the Yellow Bamboo guys had was when the dude
ducked under the charge in the first instance... which had nothing to do
with chi or whatever, and everything to do with him pulling some candyarse
bullshit. And seriously, you gotta see some of the stuff they were doing
during their training. Charging up their chi and stuff, then doing the
"I've got so much chi I can't hold it in dance".

Event - The Yellow Bamboo vs Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Challenge
Venue - South Beach - Perth, Western Australia
Conditions - Frikkin' hot, clear blue skies and windy
Media - Short version clip (challenges only) available very, very soon,
longer version incl pre-fight chats, YB training etc later.

-Geoff Rogers

calvin...@ocsnet.net

Jan 30, 2005, 12:16:59 PM1/30/05

GreenDistantStar wrote:

<snip>

> Fraser runs at Alain and attempts the crash-tackle/shoot. Alain ducks
and
> Fraser flies overhead, nice somersault. Uh? What the?

<snip>

> I run from 20 feet, go the shoot, he brings a knee up at the last
second,

> BANG! head on knee <snip>

> YELLOW BAMBOO CANNOT DO ANYTHING THEY CLAIM.
>
> THEY CANNOT HEAL AND THEY CANNOT KO A MAN WITHOUT TOUCH.
>
> THEY FALL DOWN AND GET TAPPED BY PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT STOOGES OR
INCOMPETENTS.

> Watch the video. There's your proof.

Funny how when push comes to shove it turns out that the 'secret
mystical techniques' they use is a duck and a knee strike - something
they could have learned from watching any Tai-Bo tape.

Ryan

Jan 30, 2005, 12:31:59 PM1/30/05
GreenDistantStar wrote to on Sun, Jan 30th at 11:32 -0000:

> Event - The Yellow Bamboo vs Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Challenge
>
> Venue - South Beach - Perth, Western Australia
>
> Conditions - Frikkin' hot, clear blue skies and windy
>

> [...]

Great test, guys.

> The test is to be done on the soft sand of the beach. Fraser is to run
> at Alain from 25 feet whilst angry.

Yes, that is a YB thing, eh? Even if they *could* do a tenth of what
they claim, WTF is up with "you have to run at me from 25' away, and you
have to be mad?" I'd feel safer knowing techniques that work at a
somewhat closer range.

Like knees, maybe. Oh, wait a minute...

> Alain is asked by me what would constitute a loss by YB, and he is not
> too sure. He tells us what will constitute a win though, which is
> either Fraser dropping or being repelled.
>
> I suggest to Alain that a loss might be indicated by him tapping three
> times on Fraser or the ground, or if he cannot rationally defend
> himself. He agrees tapping will constitute a loss by YB. Welcome to
> reality.

Fair enough. Game on...

> Fraser - 200lbs Alain - 140lbs
>
> The camera was set and away we go.....
>
> Test 1
>
> Fraser runs at Alain and attempts the crash-tackle/shoot. Alain ducks and
> Fraser flies overhead, nice somersault. Uh? What the?
> Let's try that again.

Oh, yes. I slowed the video down to 1/5 of full speed and checked out
the full screen version of that run. This Alain did a half-assed decent
job of ducking, I'll grant him that :-) It's clear to see Fraser wasn't
repelled without touch (there was definite contact with Alain's
shoulder/forearm), and Fraser's somersault was anything but a "drop", in
my mind. Alain, on the other hand, couldn't even maintain his low
stance, and rather unceremoniously lost his balance.

In a continuous fight, I wager Fraser would have been up and on him in
no time anyway.

> Test 2
>
> Fraser runs at Alain and attempts the crash-tackle/shoot, anticipates
> the duck, comes to Alain's side, takes his back, slaps on a textbook
> rear-naked choke, takes hooks and Alain taps.

Very nice. I didn't think Fraser held the choke too long at all.

> There is some discussion and Alain seems to think this outcome was not
> definitive.

?!?!?!

> I hand the camera over to Fraser and step up.....Alain
> sees this and brings forward another YB practitioner.

What, somebody chi'd his pants when Fraser started hollering?

> Test 3
>
> GDS 176lbs Un-named 250lbs
>
> I run from 20 feet, go the shoot, he brings a knee up at the last
> second, BANG! head on knee....no biggie...take a single leg and up and
> down he goes, mount.....and he taps. This guy might be Art Jimmerson's
> brother.

Ha!

> They grumble about people in Sweden who *really truly* CAN do it.
> Yeah right..

Ha! Best case: If YB is so hard to learn that they haven't yet been able
to produce one practitioner to back up _any_ of their claims, that
doesn't make it a very appealing self defense art, does it?

Or, maybe it does. "It's not working for you because you haven't
mastered it yet. You obviously do not understand the true meaning of YB,
grasshopper. You need more training. Bring a bright yellow t-shirt, and
your chequebook". Perhaps appealing to some, but far, far, FAR from
convincing... and I'm not even half as jaded as I should be. :-)

I'm sure I'm not the only one who knows white belts in other styles that
can at least punch or elbow an attacker silly from much less than 20',
whether they're pissed off or not.

> YELLOW BAMBOO CANNOT DO ANYTHING THEY CLAIM.

No, and all the ducking and knees seem to suggest that their confidence
in their own pure ability is not so high, either. I'm a proponent of MMA
myself, but, AFAIK, they're not. If they really know that YB is the
end-all-be-all, why do they need to mix in the other techniques?

> THEY CANNOT HEAL AND THEY CANNOT KO A MAN WITHOUT TOUCH.
>
> THEY FALL DOWN AND GET TAPPED BY PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT STOOGES OR INCOMPETENTS.
>
> Watch the video. There's your proof.

More like, there's my chortle of the month. Thanks to all of you for
adeptly reminding us that these Yellow Baboons have few, if any,
redeeming skills against trained attackers.

> Game over.
>
> Props to Alain and the other guy for having a go, the gutless Alvin
> Donovan nowhere to be found.

Yes. Alvin aside, the YB folks do at least appear to be somewhat genuine
and sporting. One can only hope this good effort will do something to
convince some of their less fanatical ranks to think twice about the
outrageous feats their art proclaims. And maybe try BJJ. :-)

Ryan

Petpower

Jan 30, 2005, 2:16:16 PM1/30/05

> GreenDistantStar wrote to on Sun, Jan 30th at 11:32 -0000:
>
> > Event - The Yellow Bamboo vs Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Challenge
> >
> > Venue - South Beach - Perth, Western Australia
> >
> > Conditions - Frikkin' hot, clear blue skies and windy
> >
> > [...]

Fraser, and GDS, Did you have intention to hurt Alain and the other
guy?

Peter S
yellow bamboo sweden

Mike Sigman

Jan 30, 2005, 2:24:55 PM1/30/05

"Petpower" <yellowbam...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Fraser.... did you think of the word "Hippopotamus" while you were running
toward Alain???? If you didn't, then that explains why it *appeared* that
Alain couldn't control you like a sock puppet. You must think the word
"hippopotamus" or all bets are off. Let's have another contest and we'll
prove it. Let's meet in, oh, say 2045 on Fiji and I'll prove my point.

;^)

Yellow Bamboo International

Jan 30, 2005, 2:45:19 PM1/30/05

> Watch the video. There's your proof.

I watched the video myself and clearly Peter and Fraser won fairly, no
question.
Congratulations to Fraser Johnston and Peter Delly on their win against
YB.
Fraser if you want to go to the next step and try with Pak Serengen
himself let me know and I will try to organise it, I will be back in
Bali after Easter.
Once again- good job and well done.

Alvin

Fraser Johnston

Jan 30, 2005, 5:31:57 PM1/30/05

"Mike Sigman" <mikes...@bresnan.net> wrote in message

> Fraser.... did you think of the word "Hippopotamus" while you were running
> toward Alain???? If you didn't, then that explains why it *appeared*
> that Alain couldn't control you like a sock puppet. You must think the
> word "hippopotamus" or all bets are off. Let's have another contest and
> we'll prove it. Let's meet in, oh, say 2045 on Fiji and I'll prove my
> point.

Looks like Bali might be our next stop.

Fraser

Don Wagner

Jan 30, 2005, 11:04:07 PM1/30/05
"Petpower" <yellowbam...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>Fraser, and GDS, Did you have intention to hurt Alain and the other
>guy?

You don't tap out in a challenge match because you aren't hurting,
man.

You tap out when something is about to break, has already broken or
the lights are going out in your head.
--Don--
The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Fraser Johnston

Jan 30, 2005, 11:17:03 PM1/30/05

"Don Wagner" <dawa...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message

> "Petpower" <yellowbam...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>Fraser, and GDS, Did you have intention to hurt Alain and the other
>>guy?
>
> You don't tap out in a challenge match because you aren't hurting,
> man.
>
> You tap out when something is about to break, has already broken or
> the lights are going out in your head.

Well put.

Fraser

GreenDistantStar

Jan 31, 2005, 3:13:50 AM1/31/05

"Don Wagner" <dawa...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message

clipped

> You don't tap out in a challenge match because you aren't hurting,
> man.
>
> You tap out when something is about to break, has already broken or
> the lights are going out in your head.

Absolutely, Don.

It was an option he'd never heard of, and he should be grateful for the
consideration shown.

GDS

Fraser Johnston

Jan 31, 2005, 4:17:55 AM1/31/05

"GreenDistantStar" <greendis...@bigpond.com> wrote in message

The other option would of been going Zzzzzzzzzzzz.

Fraser

Don Wagner

Jan 31, 2005, 7:30:37 AM1/31/05
"GreenDistantStar" <greendis...@bigpond.com> wrote:
>Absolutely, Don.
>
>It was an option he'd never heard of, and he should be grateful for the
>consideration shown.

The two of you showed remarkable restraint considering the lengthy
history that those clowns have with you and RMA in general.

It looks like they are a lot of deluded folks serving as students
under a few con men.

Fraser Johnston

Jan 31, 2005, 7:48:58 AM1/31/05

> "GreenDistantStar" <greendis...@bigpond.com> wrote:
>>Absolutely, Don.
>>
>>It was an option he'd never heard of, and he should be grateful for the
>>consideration shown.
>
> The two of you showed remarkable restraint considering the lengthy
> history that those clowns have with you and RMA in general.
>
> It looks like they are a lot of deluded folks serving as students
> under a few con men.

If it had been Alvin Vs Peter it would of got bloody.

Fraser

Karim

Jan 31, 2005, 8:37:08 AM1/31/05
On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 12:30:37 +0000, Don Wagner wrote:
> It looks like they are a lot of deluded folks serving as students under
> a few con men.

I thought it interesting that all the 'disciples' were so chubby and
unfit-looking. Greeaaat martial art, guys...

--
Karim <remove SPAMFREE: krashad at SPAMorbisFREEuk dot com>

Mark Goldberg

Jan 31, 2005, 8:57:28 AM1/31/05
Don Wagner wrote:

>>It was an option he'd never heard of, and he should be grateful for the
>>consideration shown.
>

> The two of you showed remarkable restraint considering the lengthy
> history that those clowns have with you and RMA in general.
>
> It looks like they are a lot of deluded folks serving as students
> under a few con men.

I'm picturing you Don, standing there for the run, as fraser did, with
that guy trying to rile him, with the bit..."your wife fucks dogs" or
whatever, and I'm picturing you listening, smiling and nodding to him
"Oh really...?"

Right cross to the button, the 15 yard dash is postoned due to inclement
YB consciousness :^)

Mark

kirks...@yourclothesoperamail.com

Jan 31, 2005, 9:28:22 AM1/31/05
On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 11:32:04 GMT, "GreenDistantStar"
<greendis...@bigpond.com> wrote:

>Event - The Yellow Bamboo vs Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Challenge
>
>Venue - South Beach - Perth, Western Australia

Holy shit! They turned up! It actually finally happened!

Well...lucky we weren't placing side bets on that.

But what will happen with the Randii challange now (or was this part
of it?)

>I run from 20 feet, go the shoot, he brings a knee up at the last second,
>BANG! head on knee....no biggie...

Ok.. this I gotta see.

*downloading video*

Remove "your clothes" to email me

Joao

Jan 31, 2005, 9:42:55 AM1/31/05
GreenDistantStar wrote:

> Alain seems to think this outcome was not
> definitive.

Alain:
'Tis but a scratch.
Fraser:
A scratch? Your arm's off!
BLACK KNIGHT:
No, it isn't.
Fraser:
Well, what's that, then?
Alain:
I've had worse.

/obligatory_python_reference

Joao "none shall pass" de Souza

Harkon

Jan 31, 2005, 10:50:45 AM1/31/05
European or African?
/obligatory pointless Python response

--
Geoff Rogers
"Joao" <jo...@allgoodnamesrtaken.com> wrote in message

kirks...@yourclothesoperamail.com

Jan 31, 2005, 10:58:10 AM1/31/05
Oh FWIW

The download seems to konk out for me at 4.5MB. I'll try a different
browser but it might be on your end?

Damn: Now I wish I had made the effort to get down there. It kinda
looks like fun,

Tomas...@netscape.net

Jan 31, 2005, 11:38:37 AM1/31/05
Harkon wrote:
> European or African?
> /obligatory pointless Python response

Huh!?...I don't know!.....

Aaaaaaaaaargh..._cast into the Gorge of Eternal Peril_

("Every-Python-Joke-Has-To-Have-At-Least-Two-Replies" rule of usenet)

Tomas

Jacob Andersen

Jan 31, 2005, 11:46:56 AM1/31/05
"Karim" <m...@privacy.net> wrote in message

> On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 12:30:37 +0000, Don Wagner wrote:
>> It looks like they are a lot of deluded folks serving as students under
>> a few con men.
>
> I thought it interesting that all the 'disciples' were so chubby and
> unfit-looking. Greeaaat martial art, guys...

What¨s the point in being fit if you can repel guys without touch?

/Jacob

Sucka

Jan 31, 2005, 11:46:55 AM1/31/05
>Test 1
>
>Fraser runs at Alain and attempts the crash-tackle/shoot. Alain ducks and
>Fraser flies overhead, nice somersault. Uh? What the?
>Let's try that again.

His chi alerted him to a disturbance in the Force.

>Test 2
>
>Fraser runs at Alain and attempts the crash-tackle/shoot, anticipates the
>duck, comes to Alain's side, takes his back, slaps on a textbook rear-naked
>choke, takes hooks and Alain taps.

That's more like it.

>There is some discussion and Alain seems to think this outcome was not
>definitive. I hand the camera over to Fraser and step up.....Alain sees this

>and brings forward another YB practitioner.

? Not definitive? They claimed to be able to knock people out without
touching them and to create force fields and shit. You should not have been
able to make contact with them at all.

>GDS 176lbs Un-named 250lbs

>I run from 20 feet, go the shoot, he brings a knee up at the last second,

>BANG! head on knee....no biggie...take a single leg and up and down he goes,
>mount.....and he taps. This guy might be Art Jimmerson's brother.

Whoa, wait a minute. Knees to the head aren't chi techniques or force fields.

>YELLOW BAMBOO CANNOT DO ANYTHING THEY CLAIM.

I'm stunned, really.

>THEY CANNOT HEAL AND THEY CANNOT KO A MAN WITHOUT TOUCH.

Color me disillusioned.

>THEY FALL DOWN AND GET TAPPED BY PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT STOOGES OR INCOMPETENTS.

You are being far too generous.

>Props to Alain and the other guy for having a go, the gutless Alvin Donovan
>nowhere to be found.
>

>GDS

My question is, what if the 2nd guy had sprawled and sunk in a Brabo choke?
Just ONCE, some time, ever, somebody who knows BJJ is going to have to
masquerade as a Yellow Bamboozler and then tap someone out.

Trav

Sucka

Jan 31, 2005, 11:48:14 AM1/31/05

>You tap out when something is about to break, has already broken or
>the lights are going out in your head.
>--Don--

Incidentally, I find the moment at which you start to pass out to be very
relaxing.

Trav

Sucka

Jan 31, 2005, 11:49:19 AM1/31/05
>question.
>Congratulations to Fraser Johnston and Peter Delly on their win against
>YB.
>Fraser if you want to go to the next step and try with Pak Serengen
>himself let me know and I will try to organise it, I will be back in
>Bali after Easter.
>Once again- good job and well done.
>
>Alvin

Fuck off.

Fraser, one of these bamboozlers is going to have a sap behind his back and
when you run up, brain you with it or something.

Trav

Karim

Jan 31, 2005, 12:15:50 PM1/31/05
On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 16:48:14 +0000, Sucka wrote:
> Incidentally, I find the moment at which you start to pass out to be
> very relaxing.

That's why you should wear the blue gi not the white one...

Karim

Jan 31, 2005, 12:16:46 PM1/31/05
On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 17:46:56 +0100, Jacob Andersen wrote:
>>> It looks like they are a lot of deluded folks serving as students
>>> under a few con men.
>>
>> I thought it interesting that all the 'disciples' were so chubby and
>> unfit-looking. Greeaaat martial art, guys...
>
> What¨s the point in being fit if you can repel guys without touch?

Good point. Pity they can't repel Snickers bars without touch.

Badger_South

Jan 31, 2005, 1:54:51 PM1/31/05
On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 15:58:10 GMT, kirks...@YOURCLOTHESoperamail.com
wrote:

>Oh FWIW
>
>The download seems to konk out for me at 4.5MB. I'll try a different
>browser but it might be on your end?
>
>Damn: Now I wish I had made the effort to get down there. It kinda
>looks like fun,

My first DL did that, but I repeated it and got the 7+meg later. Odd
that the 4.5Meg dl wouldn't resume and acted like it was an end of
file. Not sure what was different, except praying it would finish! ;-p

-B

Karen Nagai

Jan 31, 2005, 2:26:40 PM1/31/05
Bravo! Bravo!

In article <10vsguq...@news.supernews.com>,

Joao <jo...@allgoodnamesrtaken.com> wrote:

>Alain:
> 'Tis but a scratch.
>Fraser:
> A scratch? Your arm's off!
>BLACK KNIGHT:
> No, it isn't.
>Fraser:
> Well, what's that, then?
>Alain:
> I've had worse.
>
>/obligatory_python_reference
>
>Joao "none shall pass" de Souza

Karen Nagai

Jan 31, 2005, 2:30:47 PM1/31/05
In article <41fdade0....@news-server.optonline.net>,
Don Wagner <dawa...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

>You don't tap out in a challenge match because you aren't hurting,
>man.
>
>You tap out when something is about to break, has already broken or
>the lights are going out in your head.
>--Don--
>The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Folks who aren't used to being choked don't know when to
tap usually.

karen

Mike Sigman

Jan 31, 2005, 2:46:30 PM1/31/05

"Karen Nagai" <nag...@u.washington.edu> wrote in message

A trick I learned a long time ago is that "if you don't know the guy very
well who is applying the technique, tap dramatically with groans before they
can fully apply". It's a bit theatrical, but until I know someone and what
their tendency to inflict pain is, I don't take the gamble. I've been
injured too many times by people who took my gracious offer of a wrist or
neck and then stuck it to me.

Mike

Chas

Jan 31, 2005, 4:16:27 PM1/31/05
"Mike Sigman" <mikes...@bresnan.net> wrote
>.....It's a bit theatrical, but until I know someone and what their
>tendency to inflict pain is, I don't take the gamble. I've been injured
>too many times by people who took my gracious offer of a wrist or neck and
>then stuck it to me.

And you're uncommonly considerate in your own demonstrations of skill on a
willing subject- appreciated as well.
--
Chas
http://warriorschest.com/pals.htm

Joao de Souza

Jan 31, 2005, 4:49:07 PM1/31/05
Karen Nagai wrote:
> Bravo! Bravo!

Thanks, mom! ;)

Its a dirty job, but somebody's gotta do it.

Joao "okay, lets call it a draw" de Souza

Don Wagner

Jan 31, 2005, 4:51:41 PM1/31/05
Karim <m...@privacy.net> wrote:
>I thought it interesting that all the 'disciples' were so chubby and
>unfit-looking. Greeaaat martial art, guys...

Many moons ago my instructor and I ran a series of seminars for a
local group. I'll use the term "pagan" but this really does a
disservice to people who belive in that sort of thing.

Anywhose, this group were really interested in having us run FMA
classes for them because they were "living warrior lives". The guy
who arranged it was a big dude and a local brawler.

"What the hell?", we thought, lets run an intro course in sticks,
knives and empty hand to see if we can get some hardcore students out
of it.

Other then that brawler they were all chubby fucks who got winded
stretching out. By the third class we had two people attending...the
brawler and a cute sport-o chick.

Don Wagner

Jan 31, 2005, 4:54:53 PM1/31/05
nag...@u.washington.edu (Karen Nagai) wrote:
> Folks who aren't used to being choked don't know when to
> tap usually.
>
> karen

Not this it isn't funny to watch, though.

Don Wagner

Jan 31, 2005, 4:54:12 PM1/31/05
trav...@aol.cominyrface (Sucka) wrote:
>Incidentally, I find the moment at which you start to pass out to be very
>relaxing.

It harkens back to those auto-erotic asphyxiation days, huh?
;-)

phon...@telus.net

Jan 31, 2005, 4:58:03 PM1/31/05
So, were you the brawler or the sport-o chick?

Pierre (IH)

Steve Perry

Jan 31, 2005, 5:02:35 PM1/31/05
In article <UA3Ld.141513$K7.1...@news-server.bigpond.net.au>,
GreenDistantStar <greendis...@bigpond.com> wrote:

ping will constitute a loss by YB. Welcome to reality.

> Props to Alain and the other guy for having a go, the gutless Alvin Donovan
> nowhere to be found.
>
> GDS

Every so often, there's an end-of-the-world cult -- you get a messianic
leader who convinces followers that the end is near. Sometimes, he
convinces them to take poison and avoid the rush, and they die none the
wiser.

Usually, though, the day comes and ... the world doesn't end.

What happens most of the time is that the leader backpedals a step.
Oops, I just got a message from Our Deity -- He's decided to give
humankind more chance, because our small group was pure enough of heart
to redeem all the heathen savages who laughed at us.

How's that for ego-boosting -- You few faithful by your efforts have
saved not just all of humanity, but all of existance!

Generally, if the day comes and goes without The End writ large, the
membership of the group starts to peter out. Even true believers,
having seen something other than promised, start to wonder. There are
always a few who will go to their graves convinced of rightness of
their cause, but a lot of folks will see the light, and what it shows
them isn't what they thought was there.

Want to bet you'll see this with Yellow Bamboo? No matter how many
times Frasier and GDS might knock over assorted masters like bowling
pins, there will always be a reason why they could that doesn't
contradict the teaching -- Well, they weren't *really* angry, so it
doesn't count. They didn't say the right prayers, eat the right rice,
drink the holy water, or whatever.

Me, if I were YB, I'd smile and say, Yeah, sure, they knocked Alain on
his face and choked him -- we *allowed* it as a test of our students'
faith. Those who leave? They don't have what it takes. After they are
gone, we'll show the true believers how it really works ...

The only things on that beach worthing looking at were Frasier's wife
and baby, both lovely, and, of course, Alain's little dog, too ...

--
Steve

Fraser Johnston

Jan 31, 2005, 5:45:09 PM1/31/05

"Karim" <m...@privacy.net> wrote in message
> On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 12:30:37 +0000, Don Wagner wrote:
>> It looks like they are a lot of deluded folks serving as students under
>> a few con men.
>
> I thought it interesting that all the 'disciples' were so chubby and
> unfit-looking. Greeaaat martial art, guys...

My first words to Pete as we walked on the beach was "I guess Yellow Bamboo
doesn't even work as weight loss". He choked on the water he was drinking.

Fraser

Fraser Johnston

Jan 31, 2005, 5:46:07 PM1/31/05

<kirks...@YOURCLOTHESoperamail.com> wrote in message

> On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 11:32:04 GMT, "GreenDistantStar"
> <greendis...@bigpond.com> wrote:
>
>>Event - The Yellow Bamboo vs Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Challenge
>>
>>Venue - South Beach - Perth, Western Australia
>

> Holy shit! They turned up! It actually finally happened!
>
> Well...lucky we weren't placing side bets on that.
>

> But what will happen with the Randii challange now (or was this part
> of it?)
>
>>I run from 20 feet, go the shoot, he brings a knee up at the last second,
>>BANG! head on knee....no biggie...
>
> Ok.. this I gotta see.
>
> *downloading video*

I've just emailed Randy the clip. He is highly amused. I have filled him
in on some of the details.

Fraser

Fraser Johnston

Jan 31, 2005, 5:48:06 PM1/31/05

"Sucka" <trav...@aol.cominyrface> wrote in message

I would call it euphoria.

Fraesr

Fraser Johnston

Jan 31, 2005, 5:47:40 PM1/31/05

"Jacob Andersen" <rep9210.noo...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> "Karim" <m...@privacy.net> wrote in message
>> On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 12:30:37 +0000, Don Wagner wrote:
>>> It looks like they are a lot of deluded folks serving as students under
>>> a few con men.
>>
>> I thought it interesting that all the 'disciples' were so chubby and
>> unfit-looking. Greeaaat martial art, guys...
>
> What¨s the point in being fit if you can repel guys without touch?

Chicks dig fit guys?

Fraser

Vigilante

Jan 31, 2005, 5:52:13 PM1/31/05
"Fraser Johnston" <fra...@jcis.com.au> wrote in message

You emailed the clip to a dead guy who was hit by a cheesewheel?

What The

Jan 31, 2005, 5:44:47 PM1/31/05
One clean take down out of three against people with no clear skills.
Doesn't sound like much of a victory to me!

IMHO,

Mike

Mark Goldberg

Jan 31, 2005, 6:09:40 PM1/31/05
Fraser Johnston wrote:

> I would call it euphoria.
>
> Fraesr

I call it anoxia :^)

Mark

phon...@telus.net

Jan 31, 2005, 6:22:07 PM1/31/05

I'm sure he meant Randi. The stuffed dingo behind him is *also* sure
he meant Randi.

Pierre (IH)

Mike Sigman

Jan 31, 2005, 6:33:19 PM1/31/05

"What The" <porqh...@webtv.net> wrote in message

> One clean take down out of three against people with no clear skills.
> Doesn't sound like much of a victory to me!

Gee... then the YB people should have said "let's do it mano a mano and see
if you can take me down". As it was the silly game was knockdown.

Mike

Mike Sigman

Jan 31, 2005, 6:34:50 PM1/31/05

"Fraser Johnston" <fra...@jcis.com.au> wrote in message

Er, I thought you did BJJ? Why would you care what chicks did? >runs for
cover<

Mike

h...@nospam.com

Jan 31, 2005, 6:33:11 PM1/31/05
On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 17:44:47 -0500, porqh...@webtv.net (What The)
wrote:

>One clean take down out of three against people with no clear skills.
>Doesn't sound like much of a victory to me!

Really, my thoughts exactly.

Hal

>IMHO,
>
>Mike

phon...@telus.net

Jan 31, 2005, 7:05:58 PM1/31/05

Actually, IIRC, the stupid charge from far away was a YB stipulation.
I considered the *first* attack by Fraser a *loss* for YB since Alain
had clearly not stopped the charge by doing anything other than
ducking, and was, in fact, knocked off balance by Fraser running over
him. If Fraser had not been going at him at a dead run, as *YB*
stipulated, it would have been child's play to simply pick Alain up and
dump him on the ground using any number of mook techniques, let alone
actual MA skill.

Neither of the YBers showed anything remotely approaching an MA-related
skill.

Pierre (IH)

Badger_South

Jan 31, 2005, 8:02:18 PM1/31/05

You guys should do a Sit-Com! The Fras&Pete Show. Wander around
cracking jokes and putting miscreants to sleep.

-B

Badger_South

Jan 31, 2005, 8:03:13 PM1/31/05

First symptom? You lose the ability to spell your own name. ;-D

-B

Badger_South

Jan 31, 2005, 8:05:22 PM1/31/05

Nobody can spell Couture's name right, eh?

-B

Fraser Johnston

Jan 31, 2005, 8:28:12 PM1/31/05

"What The" <porqh...@webtv.net> wrote in message
> One clean take down out of three against people with no clear skills.
> Doesn't sound like much of a victory to me!

It's hard to take someone down if they drop to the ground before you get to
them.

Fraser

Fraser Johnston

Jan 31, 2005, 8:29:05 PM1/31/05

"Mike Sigman" <mikes...@bresnan.net> wrote in message

I like to keep your mother coming around. ; )

Fraser

Fraser Johnston

Jan 31, 2005, 8:29:32 PM1/31/05

"Badger_South" <Bad...@South.net> wrote in message

Dream job.

Fraser

Fraser Johnston

Jan 31, 2005, 8:31:01 PM1/31/05

<phon...@telus.net> wrote in message

Yep. I would never run at someone to attack them. I'd walk up to them and
slug them. As I walked down the beach to take my position they kept waving
me back. I was worried I would be gassed before I even got to him. ; )

Fraser

phon...@telus.net

Jan 31, 2005, 10:19:15 PM1/31/05

> Nobody can spell Couture's name right, eh?

As long as it's not "Randy", may his soul rest in Cheese.

Pierre (IH)

Don Wagner

Jan 31, 2005, 11:31:10 PM1/31/05
phon...@telus.net wrote:
>So, were you the brawler or the sport-o chick?

I only change into spandex when the weather gets warmer.

calvin...@ocsnet.net

Jan 31, 2005, 11:45:30 PM1/31/05

What kind of advantage is it if they know exactly how they will be
attacked because it is part of the rules? That isn't even mentioning
the fact that the running tackle isn't the best attack. The only way
to make the test easier for YB was if it was a scene in a movie.

Maybe YB can heal cancer but only if the cancer is angry enough and
runs at them from 25 feet away. LOL

Fraser Johnston

Feb 1, 2005, 12:41:05 AM2/1/05

<calvin...@ocsnet.net> wrote in message

> What kind of advantage is it if they know exactly how they will be
> attacked because it is part of the rules? That isn't even mentioning
> the fact that the running tackle isn't the best attack. The only way
> to make the test easier for YB was if it was a scene in a movie.
>
> Maybe YB can heal cancer but only if the cancer is angry enough and
> runs at them from 25 feet away. LOL

The attack wasn't specified. I was going to do a double leg and choke first
off. But he dropped. The second time I know he would (50/50 chance anyway
Hal) so I went straight for his back. I was thinking about hitting him but
was worried by legal ramifications and the fact there was a bunch of
children watching.

Fraser

GreenDistantStar

Feb 1, 2005, 5:23:45 AM2/1/05